Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MarksgoneFishing
Msg: 51
view profile
History
How do I tell a friend I cant go with her to kill another baby?Page 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Eeeeew that's horrible, I mean understand maybe you didn't expect it the first and maybe you have to get an abortion, but six? It's like she doesn't even care, it's not to supposed normal thing you do, horrible. Tell her to start taking the pill or stop ****ing.
 itwillbegood
Msg: 52
How do I tell a friend I cant go with her to kill another baby?
Posted: 1/16/2013 1:29:41 PM
Your friend is shall we say in love because
She never says no
Tell him she does not know from Birth Control
Let him enjoy what is the difference ust remember there are DNA tests
and he should not be doing her without birth control

It will end
 rustyrusss1
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/16/2013 4:00:30 PM
You need to tell her to get her tubes tied. Some people should be sterilized.
 Scared888
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/23/2013 5:22:20 AM

Sheesh. Some people should be put to sleep. Disgusting. Tell her to f*ck off, get her a$$ on birth control, to grow up and stop being such a selfish slag. Why are you friends with people of this ilk?[quote}

Arent you just a gorgeous little judgmental piece of work.

Children are a lifestyle choice. Not for everyone.

If you dont feel you can support your friends let her know that you feel that you have to much going on emotionally in your life to support her. Let her know that you feel she would benefit from turning to someone else at this time.
 Scared888
Msg: 55
Posted: 1/23/2013 5:27:55 AM
I can't believe that in 2013 people can be so judgmental and stupid. I personally would prefer the women had an abortion than had the unwanted child and the child witnessed the horrible things in this world that a child should never see.
 vestaceres
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/23/2013 9:37:55 AM
Sadly, none of the men who're responsible for these procuring these pregnancies were criticized for their sexual irresponsibility -- just her.
 Deltah3avy
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/23/2013 1:06:45 PM
Unless she was raped ultimately its the woman's responsibility since she carries the child and makes the choice to keep or abort said child.

Therefore the woman takes the blame.

*puts flame suit on*
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2013 3:40:32 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^
"I will not go with you to kill another baby".

Have you gone with her before?
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2013 9:33:30 PM

Some of you idiots dont seem to realize that the kids this woman would have had.

Well, I'm glad that at least on the surface you recognize that there are children ("kids") involved; unless you think that baby goats come from humans.

have had would have been on OUR pockets.

Well, yes, there would be a societal burden. But then again I don't think we advocate offing the elderly, the infirm, the mentally deficient, the intractably poor, those imprisoned, etc., all whom are "on our pockets." Unless you DO advocate those you look down on.
Personally, I would rather see this woman get some counseling for her promiscuous ways, and instead of flushing children down a toilet or tossed out with the trash be given a chance at a full life, rather than an aborted one, with a adopted set of parents. What a joy and a blessing for those who for what ever reason can't have their own.

Do you people really think a woman with multiple fathers and likely none in the picture is going to successfully raise 6 kids?

Well, I actually agree with you on this point, but instead of returning one evil with a greater evil I believe there are better choices than what you are offering. Life is precious, haven't we done enough damage already.

As to the original question at hand: I, too, would tell the woman from the git go that she is going to a place I could never approach. Further, if this was a woman I was close to this action would probably put that relationship at jeopardy.

TK
[I don't understand abortion if a life is not in mortal danger]
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2013 10:27:51 PM

I can't believe that in 2013 people can be so judgmental and stupid. I personally would prefer the women had an abortion than had the unwanted child and the child witnessed the horrible things in this world that a child should never see.

Some of you idiots dont seem to realize that the kids this woman would have had would have been on OUR pockets. Shes done the word and the unborn a favor. Do you people really think a woman with multiple fathers and likely none in the picture is going to successfully raise 6 kids?

Who cares what you personally prefer, or how you feel about supporting "unwanted" children? If an indivdual is uncomfortable with a specific scenario they should not participate. I don't see this as a question regarding abortion, but aboout one's inability to stand up for their personal beliefs. If you are uncomfortable with doing something, say so & don't do it.
 MillaMillaMilla
Msg: 61
Posted: 1/25/2013 9:11:50 AM
If it makes you upset, don't go, you have no obligation to, she can go with someone else.

You have no obligation to keep her secrets, plus if you tell him, he may not date her and save himself from her aborting his child (in the case he gets her pregnant) or it may make him be more careful.

So just do what makes you happy and what you think will benefit you and those you care about the most.
 KeriLynn09
Msg: 62
Posted: 1/26/2013 9:15:17 PM
Contraception fail I got pregnant while on the pill and the guy used a condom. The only way to ensure you don't get pregnant is to have your uterus taken out.
 logicalman1111
Msg: 63
Posted: 1/27/2013 11:40:11 AM
This may sound cruel but I don't think twice about killing roaches, if it hasn't had a chance to develop a mind, if it is living on pure instinct it doesn't have a life yet. I would be totally against abortion if I knew we lived in a fair society, not a free society. Understand the difference. Republicans are pro life yet and they complain about the tax payer paying for abortions, but they don't to pay for a poor child to eat, growing up on welfare. Instead they say we have programs to help people in need, yet they don't really monitor those programs. They see people living on a bench when the weather is freezing outside and they say it's because the person has made bad life choices. If life were to be completely fair everyone would be paid exactly the same, there wouldn't any of this I worked harder crap, or if we did that no one would have incentives to invent anything. Nonsense, that is just people whom are greedy, they have that me first syndrome. A person should not be paid one extra dime because they have the ability to invent electricity, design a computer, become a politician, it goes on and on, people shouldn't have more rights just because they are more able. If everyone was paid the same, it doesn't mean they would end up the same, some would save and invest, others would squander, but if a limit was put on how much a person can have, it could be five million dollars. Everything else they make should automatically go to charity, or to their children. People whom make more than that like to talk about freedom while they are stepping on everyone else. I am still pro choice for these reasons. They complain about abortion but have no problem replacing people with machines.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2013 10:04:08 PM

Wrong. Abortion(s) as well.

Abortion is not, for the majority, certainly not for the medical community, named as form of birth control.

This may sound cruel but I don't think twice about killing roaches, if it hasn't had a chance to develop a mind, if it is living on pure instinct it doesn't have a life yet.

First of all, fetuses (embryos, the unborn, what have you) do NOT live on instinct; what an ignorant statement! Furthermore, abortion is a medical procedure involving more than just "the roach", not without risk and/or consequence to the related party. What is "yet"? For those who can not function as you do, who can not think, who suffer from innumerable conditions which may render them "without a mind", so to speak, does life ever begin, as per you? An iota of thought process on your part might serve you well. You never know what your future holds. You are pro choice because we should all be made equal, financially?! Income is not a right! What are you smoking?!?
 Peter_Hungus
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2013 3:29:26 PM
The country is going bankrupt because of abortion. Not enough paying in then taking out. There has been 50 humans killed since Hoe vs Wade who would have been taxpayers and FICA payees.

I wonder how many "choicers" would still feel the same way if you had to contribute more (higher rate FICA,SS) then the pro-lifers since its your philosophy that leaves SS insolvent.
 taylorapples
Msg: 66
Posted: 1/30/2013 4:09:31 PM
I'm going to answer the most important question of your post first. NO it is not your business to tell anyone about her past. No one told your ex about all your dirty secrets when he met you. Why would ever think it is your place to put your nose into a relationship that involves two people and one of them isn't you. You male friend has skeletons and secrets too. You aren't the god who gets to decide whose dirty secrets are worse and should be told.

What your girlfriend is doing is not a danger to your male friend. If she has AIDS or Herpes, then YES, it is your duty to warn someone if she has not already, because this is information that could save their life. Otherwise, butt out nosey netty.

As for your main question, you have two choices, go but chastise her for getting pregnant yet again, NOT for having the abortion. Or two, don't go and chastise her for getting pregnant again but, NOT for having the abortion. The abortion is none of your business. Weather you want to go or not is your business. However, as a real friend, it IS your responsibility to jump down her throat for not using protection during sex and not only risking her life, but stressing her body by having multiple abortions.

From there you have three new choices. Continue being her friend despite her many abortions. Two, continue being her friend and congratulating her for not getting pregnant again after your talk and butt chewing. Three, end the friendship with love and move on to friends who do not stress you to the point that you don't know how to handle your friendship.

You have lasted through 3 more abortions than I would have made it through. Best of luck in any decision you make.
 relaxingwithyou
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/3/2013 12:01:52 PM
Some of you idiots dont seem to realize that the kids this woman would have had would have been on OUR pockets. Shes done the word and the unborn a favor. Do you people really think a woman with multiple fathers and likely none in the picture is going to successfully raise 6 kids?

Agreed. I learned in cultural anthropology class in uni that since the recorded beginning of time women have used herbs and such to abort when necessary. A bad winter coming and already too many mouths to feed was a common reason. Women collectively also agreed that the soul did not enter until the 9th month. However the pro-life fetus obsessed lunatics have spent alot of money in propaganda to rewrite that very important piece of information. Women who can feel in this day and age of disconnection from nature, still say the same thing....not until just before birth does the soul make it's presence.
 susandt
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/9/2013 10:51:13 AM
Wow that is really sad. There are so many people n the world that want children. My friend asked me to go with her and I did but I felt horrible afterwards because I felt like I drive her to do it. You should tell your friend!!!
 CharminC
Msg: 69
Posted: 2/9/2013 11:27:29 AM
I have a friend that is about to have her sixth abortion. I understand she doesn't want to be a single mom. I understand why. What I don't know is how she can keep getting pregnant and expect me (a single mom) to go with her to get rid of these children? Now about my real question. She is dating a good friend of mine, do I have any obligation to tell him her past? He's over the moon he met a girl with no baby's daddy drama (his ex had three babys daddys she cheated with time and time again)

You're a very understanding friend my dear! Too understanding.
Despite her expectations, if you don't want to go.. don't.
As for your good friend, considering her history, YES tell him!

As for you... you have one friend who has 6 abortions, another friend who's ex had 3 baby daddys . I suggest you change the pool from which you chose your friends from or you will continue to find yourself in this soap opera.
 friendsrwelcome
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/10/2013 10:43:26 AM
Hey,
Why not tell her to get her tubes tied, Does she even bother to tell the dads that she is killing their babies,

I do think your male friend has the right to know that she KILLS the babies,

I would be more worried about if she has AIDS, That she has not told anybody about...
 MeggieMugster
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/10/2013 11:24:48 AM
Tell her to keep her legs closed, and then maybe this wouldnt happen to her.
 StrangeDreams
Msg: 72
Posted: 2/10/2013 11:28:34 AM
Wow, you have a friend that has had 6 abortions? and now she is dating a good friend of yours ? now is she having the abortions and holding you to keeping a secret? that would be my first question and if not if the guy is your friend as well dont you think you have a obligation to tell him?

Plus I would add lose the woman as a friend, she is a loser.
 sunsunsun4
Msg: 73
Posted: 2/10/2013 10:20:48 PM
I would get her pamphlets from Planned Parenthood, and offer to accompany her to a birth control counseling session.

Is her new boyfriend accepting lies about her birth control, or is he just as irresponsible? It only takes one person to roll on a condom.
 bluefish7070
Msg: 74
Posted: 2/12/2013 11:34:00 PM
if she had killed a baby, let alone 6, she would be in jail.
having an abortion is not killing a baby.
this is not my opinion, but the opinion of most americans.
if this was not the case, then either:
- abortion would be equated to murder by the justice system
or
- the usa is not a democracy

abortions are legal in the usa, as they are in the majority of industrialized countries.
but they are not just another form of contraception, for more than one reason.
if this woman is using abortion as a type of birth control, she is both ignorant and irresponsible.

unfortunately she is far from being one of the few sharing those characteristics.
and i am not just talking about abortions......
 LucidTheory
Msg: 75
Posted: 2/16/2013 9:35:14 PM
Read a couple of responses and *rolls eyes* to some of these answers. Ain't nobody bidness how many abortions she has had but her own. And no, you shouldn't tell her man about them either. It's not your bidness or place to tell.

As for telling her that you don't want to go, just tell her the truth - 'I'm sorry but I can't go. I've gone with you to all the others and I'm tired.'

That's it. If she still needs moral support, she can come and talk to you AFTER the abortion.

They got plenty of long term BC out there - IUD regular, IUD Merena, nuvaring, implanon, depo-provera, patch. She should check all these out and see if any are right for her. If she doesn't want children at all, there an alternative to getting your tubes called 'Erasure' or something like that.

I'm pro-choice and pro-abortion and don't think elective abortion should have any limits on how many you can get... but abstinence or birth control is less of a headache and less expensive in the mid and long term (depending on which you choose). I also don't think all that vacuuming of your insides is good for your future fertility either - should she want to preserve that.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >