Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > A curious bottom of the Ocean feature.......      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 desertrhino
Msg: 6
view profile
History
A curious bottom of the Ocean feature.......Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Oh my god. People can't even be bothered to read a link:

Patterns like this can actually be seen over much of the ocean floor in Google Earth. What is it? Is it real? Why does it look like this?

Some have speculated that these are the plow marks of seafloor farming by aliens. If there really are little green men hiding somewhere, the ocean's not a bad place to do it. Mars, Venus, the moon, and even some asteroids are mapped at far higher resolution than our own oceans (the global map of Mars is about 250 times as accurate as the global map of our own ocean).

One theory that's gained more traction is that these marks might be the ruins of the lost city of Atlantis. If that were the case, some of the city blocks would have to be over eight miles long - that's about fifty times the size of a city block in New York City (if you zoom in and use the measurement tool in Google Earth, you can do this comparison yourself).

So what is it? The scientific explanation is a bit less exotic, but we think it's still pretty interesting: these marks are what we call "ship tracks." You see, it's actually quite hard to measure the depth of the ocean. Sunlight, lasers, and other electromagnetic radiation can travel less than 100 feet below the surface, yet the typical depth in the ocean is more than two and a half miles. Sound waves are more effective. By measuring the time it takes for sound to travel from a ship to the sea floor and back, you can get an idea of how far away the sea floor is. Since this process — known as echosounding — only maps a strip of the sea floor under the ship, the maps it produces often show the path the ship took, hence the "ship tracks." In this case, the soundings produced by a ship are also about 1% deeper than the data we have in surrounding areas — likely an error — making the tracks stand out more. You can see all of the soundings that produced this particular pattern with this KMZ file.
 desertrhino
Msg: 7
view profile
History
A curious bottom of the Ocean feature.......
Posted: 4/1/2010 5:20:25 PM

I don’t know what to make of this photo … it is interesting and it would be nice to know more.

There are a lot of ancient cities that have been discovered under water in the ocean and are said to be older than Egypt. One near Cuba is about 2200 feet below the surface and has pyramids similar to the Mayan and Aztecs. Another one in the Caribbean is closer to the surface and there are satellite photos of it.

There are ruins to be found off the coast of Japan. A well known one is off the coast of Yonaguni and in size reminds me of Ba’al-bek. A few more massive monuments have been found close by the original sight and the original founder says that there is a long continent that sank between Japan and China. This missing continent is also on an ancient stone map of the world that was found in Ecuador.

I'd love to see a citation for the map. Yonaguni was beaten to death as a topic, including contributions from actual geologists, about 18 months ago... http://forums.plentyoffish.com/10900490datingPostpage6.aspx

And apparently, you didn't read the comments from google, themselves, who know a whole sh!t-ton more than you about how this map was put together, and actually might know what the hell they are talking about.

But hey, it's more fun to imagine vanished civilizations and aliens than it is to read a couple of very simple paragraphs and realize that your imaginings are pure fantasy... that is, NOT REAL.
 dailyintegrity
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/1/2010 10:13:37 PM
OK FINE!!!! It's not Atlantis!

Read the links, sure...... it's a "sonar shadow".... no problem.

I know nothing about that of course, but how come no one can say "who" was doing it, and "why" they were doing it in this area?

Got back several responces from "Agencies"...... I always asked the same, "Who, and Why?" Neither question was addressed, all came back: "Sonar Shadow on the Ocean Floor"

My untimely death should arise suspicion ...... :)

Mason
 hyoid
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/2/2010 5:24:03 AM

I know nothing about that of course, but how come no one can say "who" was doing it, and "why" they were doing it in this area?

The area mentioned in the initial post was surveyed extensively for its suitability as a deep sea dumping ground for radioactive waste. The maps I saw showed an excellent correlation between the navigation course tracks of the survey ship and the image artifact.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/4/2010 8:52:08 PM

I am more interested in the developments surrounding the underwater ruins off the coast of Japan and the controversial Bosnian pyramid system than the Caribbean site

Actually, all of these "sites" have been sufficiently proven to be bogus. Moving on.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/5/2010 9:18:26 AM

Many international archeologist still say it is the work of nature, but after a few more years of research and the discovery of a few more monuments close by, there are several things that are not the work of nature. On top of two platforms are two artifacts, one huge turtle and one huge bird like an eagle that are about the size of the Sphinx.

What, you mean this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Turtleyonaguni.jpg

Yeah, sure. The "turtle" jumps right out at ya.

Hey, here's one...clearly this island was built by aliens.

http://tinyurl.com/yj9mqes

Hey, here's a whack of them....

http://www.bukisa.com/articles/26755_unusual-rock-formations-that-resemble-humans-

Or this...natural phenomenon or giant "Eye of Ra" made in space? Wow, those aliens are real artists.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/5/2010 10:02:05 AM
Ooops...forgot to post this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Catseye-big.jpg
 stargazer1000
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/5/2010 12:32:34 PM

The rest of what you said is just 100% crap and we both know it … hehehehe … not even a good laugh …

Ah, I see. So when you miss a point, you really go out of your way to miss it. I'm guessing you didn't even bother to look at the links I provided. Are you afraid to question your own beliefs?

Okay, let me try a big word on you...pareidolia. You see, the human brain is a pattern-recognition machine. It's how we make sense of the world. Unfortunately, like your "logic," it takes short cuts. So we see things that aren't really there. Like faces. And turtles. Etc.

The most illogical crap I see is mostly from skeptics and those who officially hide the truth from the public.

The irony of this statement is breathtaking.
 desertrhino
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2010 4:50:37 PM
This kind of foolishness is cute as a flight of fancy or a "what if," but it's all horse-poop in the end, if it's taken seriously. Fortunately, some of the traditional ones are above water and have been clearly and fully explained, leaving only a few of the hardest-core fools ascribing strange origins.

Example:
Giant's Causeway (with boot) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant%27s_Causeway
Devil's Tower http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devils_Tower_National_Monument

Humans love to find patterns, and they love to believe what they are told. Don't tell ANY of these folks that crop circles are made as intentional hoaxes unless you want a riot on your hands!

Probably why the last thread that delved into the Yonaguni Monument ended up locked. Just saying, is all.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/7/2010 10:45:12 AM

Probably why the last thread that delved into the Yonaguni Monument ended up locked. Just saying, is all.

Well, that and the OP of that thread was an abusive idiot. The whole, "you agree with that guy so you must be gay" thing. I'm finding a lot of that kind of petulance among the true believers in these threads.
 stargazer1000
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/7/2010 12:06:41 PM
Ah, classic aVoiDance.

Sorry, but I just couldn't resist.
 AtomicGogol
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2010 2:00:28 PM
What's wrong with seeing cool images and just thinking they're cool?

Here's some neatness for all : http://www.drublair.com/comersus/store/tica.asp

What you see is not what you get.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > A curious bottom of the Ocean feature.......