Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Twenty minutes and five dollars ..What?????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Paderic
Msg: 26
Twenty minutes and five dollars ..What?????Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

sounds strange and definitely NOT normal. do you think he might have Tourette's?? or maybe some type of hyperactivity disorder??

Exactly what I was thinking, non-verbal Tourette's.
 Pirate Mollie
Msg: 27
Twenty minutes and five dollars ..What?????
Posted: 4/1/2010 6:48:33 PM
i thought that this was about prostitution. im sorry. i got confused about something about what i was reading earlir. i don't like fans.
 111Enigma
Msg: 28
Posted: 4/1/2010 7:28:38 PM
OP: I may have walked out...hard to say thought. You think that you would had a prior taste of him being a nut via email or when you conversed on the phone?

The only thing that happened to me when I wish I could have walked away quicly was:
When the date was spiting on me every time he opened his mouth...
He tried to curb it a little after I brought up the problem...(and was about to open my umbrella)...it was really bad.

I did finished my drink and wished him well.
And kind of felt bad for him...as he was really nice but couldn't seem to stop himself from doing that.
(Of course other issues came in the way) I'm not that shallow that a little spit would make me walk away. Him spewiing on me...maybe...
P.A.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2010 8:05:54 PM
OP, some people with ADHD can concentrate relatively easily when they are doing something they are interested in and when they don't have something to occupy their hands, they do a lot of fidgeting. When he is working, I imagine that he becomes totally streamlined and focused on what he is doing because yeah, someone with those mannerisms if he used them in the kitchen, who knows, maybe he already has bionic hands.

You've been around long enough that I am sure you don't hold uber expectations for a first meet but it is disappointing when the person seems so far removed from who you thought he was.
 MsMicki
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2010 10:35:40 PM
Yep.........had a 10 minute meet for breakfast!!

Talked for about a month.....great conversation.....flirty without being raunchy.....
finally meet at a diner for breakfast.

Meet in the parking lot.....mutual attraction going on......go inside
and when the waitress brought his water without the lemon he requested....
He called her a c*nt right to her face.

I got up.......walked to my car......and left.

That was my last online meet.......and haven't worked up the courage
to even consider trying it again!!
 NarcissusTemple
Msg: 31
Posted: 4/2/2010 2:04:04 AM
lol Peppermint. Reminds me of the Jerry "Hands" Espenson character on Boston Legal who had Asperger syndrome.
My best *recent* story passed the 30 minute mark, but unraveled in the parking lot.

We met for coffee. He looked stylish with nice shoes and a hat--uncommon these days.
We had a nice discussion. I got flirty toward the end and tried on his hat. He seemed amused. All was well.
At the close of the date we walked to the parking lot together and he asked which car was mine.
I reciprocated and he pointed to a bright yellow hatchback utility-type vehicle. It was very bright.
I was tickled by the sight and said, "Your car is yellow." "Yes. I paid extra for it."
"You paid EXTRA for it???" "Yes. There were two colors that you had to pay extra for."
"Oh," (suppressing laughter at this point as I was thinking that yellow would be a color for which you'd get a DISCOUNT...like..."we've got to sell this hideous thing so let's lower the price.")
Then I said, "And look...there's even a lemon decal on the window!" "That's a FOOTBALL. I'm a Packers fan."
I may have made a poorly timed comment about them not having had a very good year.
Never heard from the guy again.

LOVE to hear dating stories! Thanks for the thread.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 32
Posted: 4/2/2010 3:07:04 AM

sounds strange and definitely NOT normal. do you think he might have Tourette's?? or maybe some type of hyperactivity disorder??

I don't know. You would have literally have had to see this.
I tried to demonstrate his actions for my friend as I am a very good mimic and she couldn't stop laughing enough to give any insight.

Very sweaty shiny face. Verbally no stuttering just rapid fire non stop talk and face touching/rubbing/scratching.

Then I said, "And look...there's even a lemon decal on the window!" "That's a FOOTBALL. I'm a Packers fan."
OMG..Priceless

LOL @ left.. YOU slay me always. Thanks.

You've been around long enough that I am sure you don't hold uber expectations for a first meet but it is disappointing when the person seems so far removed from who you thought he was.

I had none other than I wanted to see if I would be comfortable with him or attracted enough to accept a date to a concert next week.
I did not talk on the phone first. I learned never give that out until you MEET.
I will miss the concert but there is always the CD.

The only thing that happened to me when I wish I could have walked away quicly was:
When the date was spiting on me every time he opened his mouth...

Spit shield..I can really picture that ..Sneeze guard like at a buffet? ICK

So I guess as I always say neeeeeeeeext.LOL

After I got in my car
I was laughing at myself and the SITUATION as much as anything..I mean we needed cameras in there.

I just wondered if any ever had someone act THAT strange where you had to literally flee in such a short time because their energy or their actions were so unnerving/odd or disturbing even funny.

It did me good to get out and the tea was cold with fresh squeezed lemon.
I admit I was on the high strung side myself after that for a while, like I needed to unwind after getting off a roller coaster

Thank for everyones insight and esp the funny stories.

Keep them coming, some make mine seem less ODD..Got to love the date with the tree woman..Gawd. NOW that is just crazy.

Evil you have had some experiences.
 *army mom*
Msg: 33
Posted: 4/2/2010 7:00:33 AM
Cokehead ... NEXT

I think I met his brother ... except he looked way worse than his pic and smelled like moldy bread

That date lasted about 20minutes ... I feel your pain.
 karma1160
Msg: 34
Posted: 4/3/2010 5:10:54 PM
Yes I have had this feeling but did not leave, in fact one time I continued to date this person 3 times, just because I thought I was being too critical.
There were things that I really liked, but the guys nervous energy made me feel totally threatened. He actually started chewing on his hand. I had the strong feeling, that he was trying to control his own behavior, this made me very nervous. Anyway, I finally decided that my gut reaction was reliable enough to let it go and I said goodbye . I think there are times you just have to go with your gut.

I am sorry this did not turn out the way you would have liked it, but I am glad that you got out of there.
 Honeygaze
Msg: 35
Posted: 4/3/2010 8:58:22 PM
I didn't read all the replies, although most :). Based on your initial post I think he may have a problem with drugs, specifically heroin. Seriously, all the signs. Not being able to relax, scratching, are classic. He may be a nice person, he may be someone who is trying to straighten out. However this doesn't make him dateable.

eta: to answer the question. Once I met someone who had a decent profile yet was completely off base when we met. I avoided all further communication.
 soicat
Msg: 36
Posted: 4/3/2010 9:18:06 PM

My first thought as he sniffed and kept touching his face and using exaggerated motions that he is nervous and just effeminate or antihistamines have him revved up.

It sounds to me like he may have been overwhelmed by your stink. Do you have b.o.?
 softy63
Msg: 37
Posted: 4/3/2010 9:35:34 PM

So I wait 5 minutes, shes still playing peek a boo from behind the plant, a little while later I walked over and said "care to join me at the bar?" She replies "I'm not sure I trust you yet". So I said " Well I'm going back to finish my drink, I hope you will join me" I went back finished the drink, waited about 5 or so minutes more, paid my bill and left. She was still behind the plant as I walked out.

I agree. Funniest thing I've heard in a long time. OMG!!!

like a monty python skit: 'the woman who went on a date with a plant'

Even funnier. I love this thread!!
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/4/2010 4:42:44 AM
OP~ I quit drinking, smoking, eating junk food, and drinking soda on Sept. the 7th. I think I would eat a snickers, while drinking a white russian, and smoking a light cig after a dating experience like yours. I've never really had a bad date. I've had a few guys that lied about themselves on their profile, and didn't look like their pic, but I still made the best of it. Then it was bye! I guess I should be very thankful after all the stories posted.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 39
Posted: 4/4/2010 5:05:48 AM
Ms. micki..You and I could start a whole thread on people being obnoxious to wait staff..inexcusable.

Urban..I get more age "fudge's than size..gawd they knock 10- 20 years off and I won't know? lol

Turk..You win shortest but Evil and Left get the funniest short one.

Mar{lets} go.. I should have lit one although I hate to smoke inside or around people. I just have trained myself..hindsight..

Honey , Army and Chill..I am petty sure da rugs of some kind..legal illegal who knows/
I can't tell names on the forum..psssst e mail me

Karma ..YES I had this vibrating horrible energy that I can only say was like the fight or flight response..chose flight..

Pink.. I guess if he had talked positively about something or someone I may have felt bad for him, but all that drama and slamming his daughter in law who he just met? naw

Mollie and Melanie... LMAO If I am going Ho it is gonna be Ho ho ho

Pirate ...I should have sold him some of my calming aromatherapy roll on..brilliant!!

Next will be my date with 5 beagles and a steak lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooo

Happy Easter to you guys./.y' all and thanks for the continued laughs..
 Sun_Devil_92
Msg: 40
Posted: 4/4/2010 6:24:09 AM
OP, I'll "share with the class" my story, and it happens to be with a woman that I eventually had a four-mouth relationship with, not the obvious "first date from hell" scenarios. (Yes, I have those as well ...)

During a date, my date and I were talking music:

Date: "You know what my favorite music is? 70's soft rock."

Me: "Hey, that's cool" {The entire time I'm thinking to myself, "For someone three years younger than me, a peculiar choice."}

Date: "And you know who my favorite band is? Air Supply."

Me: "That's great." {The entire time I'm thinking to myself, "Who the hell on Earth has Air Supply as the favorite band!?! ..."}

I mean, yeah, I've listened to an Air Supply song or two, but favorite band? Give me a friggin' break ...

Maybe I'm the guy that was in the nice clothes and hat that Left dated, who knows. However, life does throw up warning signs and sometimes we don't heed them. I'm just sharing this since I have been critical in prior response, and in no regard am I saying that I'm perfect.

Besides, you wouldn't believe the unmitigated grief I get when I share this story with other women ...
 briargate
Msg: 41
Posted: 4/4/2010 7:55:28 AM
I have a handful of friends that are quite strange-looking, fidgetty, and likely to make the other person nervous just to be around. They are all extremely intelligent and have a tendency to be juggling several ideas in their minds at any given time. Because of this they can be encyclopedias of information and can converse well on any number of subjects. But they don't do well with "acting cool" or sitting quietly. They are full of energy and also tend to be moody.

And as you have found, Petunia, they are not always everyone's cup of tea to be around. It's good to be at least in the ball park of another person's energy level, distractibility, and conversational speed. Too much or too little doesn't work so well for dating.

Hopefully your energetic friend will meet an equally manic, whacky chick. And hopefully you meet someone that doesn't rub you the wrong way like that. I don't think I would have lasted 20 minutes either, myself. I would rather not date someone like that, but I do like being around them from time to time in measured doses. They make excellent co-workers, for instance.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 42
Posted: 4/5/2010 8:23:48 PM
I think my shortest was at a McDonald's (his idea...I shoulda' known). Five minutes and about two bucks, but that didn't count the cost of the gas to get there, nor my 45 minute drive time.

I almost peeled out of the parking lot when I first saw him - he was really kind of scary looking, like a guy who breaks kneecaps for the Mob. Walked into McD's with him - got an iced coffee - sat down and tried to make conversation, without much success. After a couple of minutes of silence he said, "So, do you think you'd like to get together again, see where this goes?" I looked right at him and said "No - I really don't think it will go anywhere - thanks anyway." He got a dark and stormy look on his face, sputtered for a moment and then got up and stomped out.

I was afraid he was going to slash my tires or something, so I sat in McD's for a while longer to be sure that he was gone, and took a circuitous way back home.
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 43
Posted: 4/5/2010 10:57:17 PM
It's happened to me twice, and unfortunately they are not happy/funny stories. These took place way back before web dating sites...it was the phone message thingy, so no pics, only a voice to go by. (I had some wacky phone calls back in the day).

Anyhow, with these two dates it was basically the same. I chatted them up, decided we weren't a match, wished them good luck......and they launched into PITY DATE ME mode. Ugh!

I was stupid and I gave in. Both times, they LIED their asses off about their looks. Both dates lasted less than 10 minutes, and I probably only said three things.
1) You flat out lied to me
2) Never contact me again
3) If you keep telling lies, you will always have bad dates
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2010 11:11:19 PM
Dr wow: You get DATING advice from LOUIS PASTEUR???!!!??? The milk cooking guy?
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 45
Posted: 4/6/2010 10:45:39 AM
Peppermint! You must have been like WTF is his problem?!!!

I would have straight up asked him - "Are you on drugs or do you suffer of some central nervous system condition?!!!"

<div class="quote">The 20 minute dinner date.

So I go to this restaurant to meet a woman. We had good emails, nice phone calls, she seemed fine. The only clue was she hadn't dated much online. So I get there 10 minutes early and order a drink at the bar. I look over toward the entrance 5 minutes later, there are 2 rubber tree plants flanking the entrance to the bar. There is my date, hiding behind one of them, peeking out. I know it's her, she had short curly blonde hair and she looked like her pic.

So I wait 5 minutes, shes still playing peek a boo from behind the plant, a little while later I walked over and said "care to join me at the bar?" She replies "I'm not sure I trust you yet". So I said " Well I'm going back to finish my drink, I hope you will join me" I went back finished the drink, waited about 5 or so minutes more, paid my bill and left. She was still behind the plant as I walked out.

The embarassing end of dinner!

I met a woman at a restaurant, we sat at out on the patio. We enjoyed dinner, good conversation, seemed all was well. I slipped out and paid the bill away from the table. I came back sat down and she said to me "so, my place or yours?" kinda caught me by surprise, especially on a first date so I replied without much thought "for what?" she says "sex, you know." Now I make the BIG mistake I reply, "I'm sorry I don't do first date sex, I'd like to get to know the person first". Her face reddened and now about 30 decibals louder she explodes " who the fuk do you think you are? I'm not good enough for you to sleep with? Your just some idiot from up north, I don't know why I agreed to meet with you!!"

About now, the roughly 24 people on the patio are staring frist at me then at her then at me. I'm trying to figure out if I could crawl under the table, out the other side, and hop the railing and run off. Instead I just put the napkin up to my face and fled.

(sigh) you never know what you'll get when your fishing on POF, sometimes a scared minnow, sometimes a ravenous shark. So as the boyscouts say "be prepared"!!

^^^^PRICELESS, Mr. Evil!!!!!! and what visuals I had!!!! I'm sorry you weren't through these embarrassing moments, but dayum they are funny as h*ll!!!!
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 46
Posted: 4/6/2010 12:29:00 PM
... my married children let me out of mine years ago and they have been trying to get me back in by wanting children of their own ...

Never! I like my freedom (until I hold a grandchild in my arms)!
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 47
Posted: 4/6/2010 1:56:58 PM

All of these stories is what scared me about meeting people in person. I mean, I could meet people but then I would have to leave my padded cell but that's just too much trouble.

Well I am sure it WAS drugs..but I have been lucky and have only had one other show up under the influence..da runk.

Couldn't drive 20 minutes with out a cooler full and a cold one in his hand.Whoa.

I am completely recovered and ready for another first meet this week.

I must NEED a padded cell.

I'll take extra meds before just in case.

Please oh mighty pof forumites cross your fingers, eyes and toes..hell make a cross over your chest and pray.. One more like that..I am going on another 2 month hiatus/sabbatical or tell the mailman YES already..

Now I lay me down to sleep
No more koo koo's pepps should meet

If she dies before she wakes
Guess no more bad ca razy first dates

If he says 49 and really is 60
May pepps behave and say he's nifty

If he says average and looks like two
Let her survive and see it through

If he says he works but is unemployed
At least let him pay for her hemorrhoid

Cause she is getting very weary fast
Another year of this she may not last

So please sweet Lord help her with this step
bless lil pepps No Bubba Ho Teps..

Thank you very very much..Elvis has left the building
 NarcissusTemple
Msg: 48
Posted: 4/6/2010 11:00:26 PM

""F" Ken is bartending, I "Ffffed" him once ...there is so and so, I "Ffffed him once...5-6 ex lovers in the first half hour that she "Ffffed" once

Sounds like you were dating the Samantha character from Sex and the City.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 49
Posted: 4/7/2010 12:07:26 PM
I had a recent date that was going very well, despite the fact that the man looked about ten years older than his pictures. About 15 minutes into our date, he casually mentions to me that he checks his dates out first before approaching them, and if they don't look like their pictures, he stands them up. He told me I was lovely and passed his inspection with flying colors. Yuck!!!

We 'd agreed to meet for drinks at a nice hotel bar, and it happened to have a balcony that overlooked the bar area. As I arrived first, sat down and paid for my glass of wine, unbeknown to me, he was secretly spying on me from the balcony. He showed up a couple of minutes after I sat down, and I would never have known about it if he hadn't told me. I told him I thought what he did was very childish and cowardly, drained my glass of wine and walked out. I got a nasty e-mail from him later, telling me I was a first-class b!tch.
 CMonster
Msg: 50
Posted: 4/7/2010 5:50:48 PM

I had a recent date that was going very well, despite the fact that the man looked about ten years older than his pictures. About 15 minutes into our date, he casually mentions to me that he checks his dates out first before approaching them, and if they don't look like their pictures, he stands them up. He told me I was lovely and passed his inspection with flying colors. Yuck!!!

And this is why a lot of men are smart enough not to be good communicators. Heaven help us when we actually tell a woman what's going on in our heads.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Twenty minutes and five dollars ..What?????