Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sportsfreak89
Msg: 89
i know my girlfriend is being unfaithful but i dont know how to approach her about itPage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Hmm...so she's cheated on you once, then promised you she wouldn't talk to the man anymore that she cheated on you with, but then there are messages about them meeting up again and she's fabricating stories...sounds to me as if it's time to let her go. The best thing to do is tell her she's lost your trust. Obviously if she wasn't hiding anything then why would she have acted the way that she did? Why would she feel she has to hide everything that she's talking about? Guy from high school or not it sounds to me like it's time to move on and let her be with this guy all she wants. You can be a free man and find a new lady to keep you happy in life.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 90
i know my girlfriend is being unfaithful but i dont know how to approach her about it
Posted: 7/14/2011 9:32:56 AM
curb->kick-> REPLACE
you never miss the last booger you picked when you have a new one on your finger. Pick a better booger this time.
 Steve19688
Msg: 91
i know my girlfriend is being unfaithful but i dont know how to approach her about it
Posted: 12/9/2012 2:29:20 PM
Why do some guys have such low self value she cheated you should have been out of there. You 100% never take someone bak because you are saying its ok and showing you have no value shes made the choice to be in a relationship with you and only you that means no screwing ther guys bro get some self esteem
 Habs_Fan13
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/9/2012 3:28:07 PM
The relationship is already done. The trust is broken and without trust you have nothing!

She is likely really interested in this other guy. I was in a similar situation. She may be physically cheating or she is just emotionally cheating. Either way, she knows it's wrong if she's hiding it from you. You have discussed being uncomfortable with it and she still refuses to stop. She's choosen him already. Maybe not entirely just yet as you're still together but, it will most likely happen.
 SunForSome
Msg: 93
Posted: 12/9/2012 4:18:50 PM
Were you planning on marrying this girl sometime soon?

If not... why don't you consider an open relationship? Essentiallly, the truth of the matter is that you cannot 1oo% trust your girlfriend. And, you can't force her to be committed to you. She is already asking for your blessing to see another guy. And, it sounds as though she's unwilling to cut things off with you right now because she likes the safety of being in a committed relationship with someone like you... who she knows cares for her.

So, either you like this girl so much that you are willing go with the flow and adapt to the changing dynamics of the relationship or... you value committed relationships so much that you would NEVER put up with someone who is unfaithful to you... and that is why you choose to end things with a girl like this... so you can find someone who respects you enough and values a committed relationship enough to follow through and perservere.

Personally, I wouldn't care to confront her about the guy. It will probably lead to a fight. Maybe ask her how she would feel about an open relationship... about both of you seeing other people... and see what her response is. It's a non-threatening way to see where you stand with her.

<Edit>... Didn't realize this was such an old post. So I wonder how things worked out? Is the answer posted???
 sigungq
Msg: 94
Posted: 12/9/2012 7:43:40 PM

That's as far as I read, and as far as I needed to read. You need to break up with this b$%^&h. God knows what bugs she's carrying. Also, go get yourself checked (medically) QUICK!!
 sigungq
Msg: 95
Posted: 12/10/2012 5:47:52 PM
OP, you DON'T approach a GF, lover, fiancee etc. about cheating, you simply break up with her.

NUFF SAID!
 Tommyknockergirl
Msg: 96
Posted: 12/10/2012 5:56:05 PM
She's going to get pregnant by him and tell you it's yours! So get ready to be the father of someones else's baby because your still going to take her back!
 AJ2517
Msg: 97
Posted: 12/10/2012 6:01:53 PM
OP, check yourself in to counselling...Who cares about her
 lovefun99
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2012 7:41:54 AM
I'm sure the OP figured this situation out in the 2+ years since he posted this......

Don't think any advice given now would be in the least bit relevant...
 ladyc4
Msg: 99
Posted: 12/11/2012 12:17:22 PM
Yeah, it's an old thread come back to life-and I couldn't wade thru all of it...
but my initial reaction to the title;
Approach? What's to APPROACH? You need to be headed in the opposite direction! Just tell her it's done and I'm fairly certain she will manage to figure it out.
Cindy O
 freshe-aire-kidd
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2012 7:31:01 AM
Friend, my advice (approaching 72 years on Planet Earth), is to Cut Your Losses and go find a loving/loyal gal who won't have you tossing at night wondering what she is up to. People who cheat have 'issues' they need to work out solo or with professional therapy. Save yourself the angst and damage to your self image. Over and out!!!
 carolann0308
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2012 9:07:17 AM

How about from the rear, preferably in a Buick?
 Patrick45015
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Posted: 12/13/2012 1:00:17 PM
I guess people just dig up almost THREE year old topics and laugh at people giving advice to a dead topic!????????
 hplazerjet
Msg: 103
Posted: 12/13/2012 8:03:33 PM
Yet another story that simply makes me feel bad for people
and wonder why they put up with crap.

I wouldn't give that woman two seconds of my time.
 Teemax
Msg: 105
Posted: 1/10/2013 9:45:14 PM
If she is not 100 percent,happy she should be a 100 percent honest ,before
she cheats lol he should just tell her he has to move on and find another ,never forgive there s plenty of fish out there'll
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 107
Posted: 1/11/2013 6:14:44 AM
Could of should have walked. Red flag was her insitance to keep him a side dish after fesssing up. Look what it's done & how it's affected you. Feeling guarded & always being suspicious isnt much of a relationship anyway. Dump the ho.
 makavali7dayz3
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2013 7:45:01 AM
When someone is cheating then you treat them like they are commiting a crime. You gather evidence and then you nail they ass to the wall. Get proof then confront them. You make them feel like human waste and tell them to take a walk. ENOUGH SAID. Anyone who betrays your trust like that doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as you.

Unless i love someone a great deal i wouldn't bother with evidence. I would tell them i think your cheating and unless you want to prove your not we are done.
 lowmiles2
Msg: 110
Posted: 1/17/2013 12:07:45 PM
It's easy for me to say move on and find another.... the hard part is actually doing it. She's gotta go my friend.
 venusenvy777
Msg: 111
Posted: 1/17/2013 12:10:28 PM
If you " KNOW" someone is being unfaithful why would you even consider any kind of relationship? Seems to me you need to step back and get some perspective sweetie.
 Cheskat37
Msg: 112
Posted: 1/17/2013 4:49:41 PM
Well .. IMO sounds your gf runs into trouble when alcohol is involved.. Maybe she needs AA
 annywn
Msg: 113
Posted: 1/17/2013 5:19:32 PM
you can't resolve an issue that is one sided, and of course she's boinking around. why? who the f cares.You allow he to keep in contact with he fb,,, you must be on drugs. wake up and ditch the sleeze........and no, she will NEVER change.get as far away from her a possible, regardless of the expense and mess it causes you.
 Seeing_Stars
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2013 11:48:57 PM
People don't cheat unless 1) There is something missing in the relationship or 2) There is no more passion in the relationship. Ask yourself if this is one of the above and if so, time to move on!
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2013 3:27:10 AM
^^^^^^Don't agree.
Some feel entitled to do what they want to irregardless of anothers feelings.

i dont know how to approach her about it

^^^^^^^
Hand her a packed bag.

If she has a lot of "stuff" at your place (or y'alls place) then rent a u haul.
Wish her luck.

I guess people just dig up almost THREE year old topics and laugh at people giving advice to a dead topic!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This topic is never dead and you bump them so you don't post redundant questions.
 angellight2091
Msg: 116
view profile
History
i know my girlfriend is being unfaithful but i don't know how to approach her about it
Posted: 1/23/2013 3:17:44 PM
You are too young to be in all this crap and obviously she's too young to make the commitment you want her to. Be young, date lots of people and stop trying to make a relationship that is not there. Let her go, date her if you like her, but don't try to force her into something she cannot do for you.

Excellent advise daynadaze...Just what I want to say... but you already did...

It's pretty simple.. you have strong feelings for her and dont want to lose her.. BUT...Relationships take TWO committed individuals... She obviously CANT or WONT commit.. Its not you..Youare EXACTLY where you need to be at this piont in your life .. She is EXACTLY where she needs to be at this point in her life.. Simply tell her... "Look.. I love you but bottom line, I simply dont trust you.. Straight up..I find myself constantly going through your phone and emails and Im noticing texts that talk about meeting again and men your chatting with who just so happen to have the same name as the guy you made out with two months ago.. Maybe its innocent and maybe its not.. But its irrelevant.. This relationship is making me into someone that I dont want to be and dont respect... thats unacceptable so, at least for now, I think we both need to see other people and just date and see where it leads..You cannot change another individuals behavior or feelings.. You can only change YOUR REACTION to that persons behavior..
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >