Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > ~*~ BIRMINGHAM EARLY SUMMER FANCY DRESS PARTY - SAT 12TH JUNE 2010 -      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LadyLoul
Msg: 1
view profile
History
~*~ BIRMINGHAM EARLY SUMMER FANCY DRESS PARTY - SAT 12TH JUNE 2010 - 9PM TIL 3AM ~*~Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
BIRMINGHAM'S FANCY DRESS PARTY

Saturday 12th June 2010

"FREE ENTRY FOR POF MEMBERS & GUESTS BEFORE 10PM AFTER THAT £4 ENTRY CHARGE (made by FLARES, not me!)"
Flares Nightclub
55 Broad Street
Birmingham
B1 2HJ

Party Time 9pm-3am

THIS PARTY IS "EXCLUSIVE TO PLENTY OF FISH ON THE 2ND & 3RD FLOORS"

I HAVE BEEN INFORMED BY THE MANAGEMENT THAT THE ENGLAND GAME WILL BE SHOWN ON ALL OF THE TV SCREENS IN THE CLUB, ALBEIT WITH NO SOUND, BUT AT LEAST YOU WONT MISS ANY OF THE ACTION!!

The capacity for Flares is 700 so plenty of room for everyone, although we do manage to pack the place out!

Name Badges / White Labels
Will be available at this event to help identify plenty of fish members & their guests, if anyone wishes to wear one, but are only optional

Photos
Pictures will be taken during the course of the night then applied on the image & comment thread after the party so be prepared!

Your Host for the night is

LadyLoul

Co-Host for the evening is

*Dancing Debs*

Its "Fancy Dress Party Night" so its another reason for you to dress up for FUN FUN FUN! However, this is only OPTIONAL

Right opposite the nightclub is the Jury's Inn Hotel, and if you book it early enough you can get a room for around £50, how cool is that! Just a stumble across the road.

Or there is a Travelodge about 150 yards up the road and if you prefer even more luxury there are others you can choose from, just google 'hotels on Broad Street'

LadyLoul
Msg: 2
view profile
History
~*~ BIRMINGHAM EARLY SUMMER FANCY DRESS PARTY - SAT 12TH JUNE 2010 - 9PM TIL 3AM ~*~
Posted: 4/14/2010 12:53:05 PM
Here we go again everyone!! Party time back at Flares for another fun filled night of mayhem and madness.

And YES before hundreds of you tell me i know ENGLAND are playing and they kick off at 8.30pm and it will be showing in the Sports Bar opposite, so i am to assume that those who want to watch the match will do so and then come over to celebrate ENGLAND'S win over here in Flares with the rest of us at about 10pm

So come on - sign up and lets all get this date reserved in your diary!

smiler36
Msg: 3
view profile
History
~*~ BIRMINGHAM EARLY SUMMER FANCY DRESS PARTY - SAT 12TH JUNE 2010 - 9PM TIL 3AM ~*~
Posted: 4/14/2010 3:54:51 PM
Hiya Honey, were back!!!!!!!!!!!

Great cant wait for another one - at least I can say I was well-behaved as always - what else do you expect from me

Room booked a while back, lol

xxmistyxx
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2010 2:28:54 PM
Rooms all booked and paid for ..We are really looking forward to having our first night out ,up in Birmingham..

See you on 12th June for party night!
 LadyLoul
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2010 1:18:41 AM
Hey, Toasted!! there is a theme - its FLARES! i have suggested Fancy Dress but not a 'particular' theme as its summer and a 70's club soooooooooo

havent sent out the mass mail for this one yet, but will do in the week now that all my other commitments are out the way

Remember to advertise on your profiles that you are attending this party - you never know who you may encourage to come along on the night
 BLUEBRUMMIE
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2010 11:46:14 AM
I haven't been for a while so I think it's about time I showed up!
 smiler36
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2010 9:50:04 AM
Yes, Debs - but I am one of the few that can get away with not wearing it

Lou told me I could

Gonna be a wicked night - cant wait to see You, Lou and Warren again - bring it on

;)
 ptng
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2010 11:47:19 AM
hello ladyloul,had a great time on the last night in birmingham,from what i can remember,anyone thinking of going, book a room and go for it,great night,atmosphere was fantastic.
see you all on the 12th x x
 BLUEBRUMMIE
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 5/2/2010 8:57:45 PM
Can you put me down as a plus one please in case I bring my Son, cheers!
 carolhenry
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2010 5:37:29 PM
Hi

Looking forward atending the fancy dress party on the 12th June at flares night club, i will be bringing along my sister and a friend thanks> Please write back to confirm if this mail as gone through thanks Carol.
 LadyLoul
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2010 7:02:33 AM
This thread is your 'communication' for the up and coming party at Flares, therefore it is down to you to come and check it every now and again to see if there have been any updates!!

I only have permission to send ONE initial mass mail inviting everyone to sign up and join in, the rest is up to you! However, i will send a reminder to all those that have signed up about 4 days before the event.
 LadyLoul
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 5/24/2010 10:11:29 AM
Only 3 weeks til party time people!

Here's hoping you have all read the amended details regarding the England Match on the night - the management will be showing the match on all 27 screens around the club but with no sound, so you wont miss anything!!

However, if you decide to come over to the Club AFTER the football, please bear in mind that you must be there BEFORE 10pm to gain FREE access. The Club is charging £4 head after that time.

Looking forward to seeing you all again soon
 LadyLoul
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 5/26/2010 5:28:39 AM
Kindgurl, you need to click on the 'sign me up' button found just above everyones pics on page 1 of this party thread.

Its very important that you are on the guest list if you want to gain FREE entry to this party night and have 'exclusive' access to the 2nd and 3rd floors of the club.

So remember to hit that BUTTON - not long to go now everyone
 nanobling
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/30/2010 5:04:16 AM
Hi
so looking forward to partying in Birmingham hello to everyone attending see you on the dancefloor Im coming with Mad Maddie, toastedmarshmallow, sir-k and Sharon. Cant wait
 LadyLoul
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/3/2010 3:17:44 AM
So long as you are a member and have signed up to the guest list you are entitled to come along and join in the fun!

Sorry to hear that a few people cant make it now, is this cos of the football??? Did you all notice that the Club will be playing the match on all 27 of the TV screens around the place so you wont miss anything!

Not long to go now, only 9 more til party time again
 LadyLoul
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2010 11:31:58 AM
Just been informed you can wear trainers, BUT definately NO sportswear!

Why are the numbers so low for this party ?? Perhaps we better stop doing them here if people are not liking them anymore! although i thought the feedback from previous parties has always been positive with you party people up in there in the Midlands

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!! GET SIGNED UP AND COME OUT TO PLAY
 BLUEBRUMMIE
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2010 11:51:46 AM
Once again money stops me doing bloody anything! Maybe next time!
 smiler36
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2010 1:03:07 PM
Stop the partying at FLARES - OH MY CHRIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They would certainly miss you Lou, lol

And where would I come for my partying if that was to happen

If I can travel from Devon - then I am sure there are people nearer that can - after all - it is what you make it - I sure enjoy myself

Thanks Lou and Debs - great as ever

LadyLoul
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2010 11:43:07 AM
I hope it is going to be a good night - dont remember there ever being a BAD night at Flares, always a real good laugh, with great company and great music!

I wonder how many of you are coming in Fancy Dress?? there hasnt been much talk of outfits on this thread!

REMEMBER TO NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT STARTING TIL 9PM ON SATURDAY AS WE FINISH AN HOUR LATER AT 3AM!!!!! WHOOO HOOOO if we are all still standing that is, lol

nanobling
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2010 2:18:10 PM
we'll look after you, nnets :)
 smiler36
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 6/10/2010 11:39:39 PM
Hiy Nnets

I came on my own way back in February and have made a nice few number of friends - lol - lets hope they think the same, hehe.

I know it can be quite daunting, turning up to a singles meet on your own, but everyone is so very friendly, its hard not to enjoy yourself.

Lou also organises a pre-meets drink - if you can make that - this is a good way of getting to know a few people beforehand.

If you have any concerns or worries, please mail me and hopefully will put your mind at ease - it would be a shame to miss what will be a great night - they always are at Flares, lol

Mandie
 LadyLoul
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2010 3:10:58 AM
WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO

Party day has arrived!!

PLEASE NOTE EVERYONE - FREE ENTRY UNTIL 10PM ONLY - £4 AFTER

Will be printing out the guest list at midday - so make sure you have signed up and i will see you all in a few hours!!

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > ~*~ BIRMINGHAM EARLY SUMMER FANCY DRESS PARTY - SAT 12TH JUNE 2010 - 9PM TIL 3AM ~*~