Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > What's for Dinner?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 carleyrenee1
Msg: 60
What's for Dinner?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
today is Friday so maybe you want to go to market and try this fish recipe.
you will need fish that is flavorful such as salmon, mackerel or sea bass. not bland fish.
This is a mediterranian flavored fish dish.

You will need:
1-2lbs fish filets of your choice
3 cloves fresh garlic
3 large caper berries
6 black olives
16oz jar of olive-artichoke salsa(other salsa works as well)
lemon juice
black pepper
butter

Chop and mix together some fresh garlic, caper berries, and black olives.

In a baking dish or tin foil lined pan smear some butter, splash some lemon juice, coarse black pepper, and garlic/caper/olive mixture. Lay fish filet on this and splash top with lemon juice, butter, pepper, and more of the garlic/caper/olive mixture.

On top of the fish, spoon a 3/4" thick line of olive-artichoke salsa the length of the fish filet right down the middle of it. Bake or broil in 400F oven or broiler until done, and fish flakes easily with a fork. Thicker fish take longer, but a 1/2" thick mackerel filet should cook for about 18mins. You could even grate some parmesan reggiano over this just before removing from the broiler.

Serve. the leftover juice in the pan can be used to spoon on.

This is a very flavorful dish, which i love. if you don't like olive artichoke try this with whatever salsa you decide on.
 mom22in06
Msg: 61
What's for Dinner?
Posted: 5/17/2015 6:10:10 PM
Spiced up a can of tomato soup, added fregola, cooked veggies, oregano EO, pepper, salt, was SOOO good!
 alpha_hydroxy
Msg: 62
What's for Dinner?
Posted: 9/6/2015 2:32:59 PM
Perhaps a small bowl of green lentil soup?

Two slices of ham with pineapple slices and scalloped potatoes work nicely. It's not complicated or heavy and the flavors blend well together.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 63
What's for Dinner?
Posted: 9/6/2015 2:34:45 PM
I'm braising short ribs as we speak.
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 64
What's for Dinner?
Posted: 9/6/2015 3:25:23 PM
baked potatoes/mushroom/carrot mix in oregano. rice and chicken sausage.
last night was a bowl of baby cucumbers slices in vinegar and pepper. hah, i was lazy. (It was a bit much though after the 2nd cucumber my tongue was about to peel a layer I think).
 baconflavoredbacon
Msg: 65
What's for Dinner?
Posted: 9/17/2015 9:10:30 AM
Duck poppers with Cajun cream cheese and slaw.

I'm also in the process of making coffee and molasses cured duck breast bacon recipe I found on epicurious. I have cured my own bacon, but not from the meat of duck.
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 66
What's for Dinner?
Posted: 9/17/2015 9:31:14 AM
my fave salad (which is just green lettuce, cucumber and grape tomoato) but i add on cranberries, nuts, pumpkin and sesame seeds and do up a chicken breast in oregano/sage and cut it up on top. It's filling.
I make up the salad (just bake the chicken the day of) and live off it for a few days.
 NYNewtoPSL
Msg: 67
What's for Dinner?
Posted: 4/24/2016 9:14:44 PM
I have a pot roast marinating tonight,made Spätzle tonight. Tomorrow I should have enough time to swing by and turn the crock pot on low fill it with vinegar bay leaves and throw the roast in. By the time I come home I should have enough time to make and cook potato pancakes and rotkohl and cook the Spätzle. So tomorrow night it's sauerbraten.

Last night was lemon pepper chicken with salad and rice pilaf.
 ndm147
Msg: 68
What's for Dinner?
Posted: 4/27/2016 10:24:47 AM
I have a panini maker I bought at Williams Sonoma, not a George Foreman grill, but I suppose both would work well.

I remember eating Lamb when I was growing up in PA. We smothered it with mint jelly to kill the taste!

My daughter lives in Australia and her ex boyfriend works in the outback/bush shearing sheep and cattle. I am sure he eats tons of lamb. I will have to ask him about this; we are friends on facebook.

Great recipes everyone has posted!
 NYNewtoPSL
Msg: 69
What's for Dinner?
Posted: 4/28/2016 4:22:21 AM
If you make a brine for the lamb it will get rid of the gamey taste of it, usually yogurt plain yogurt with a little heavy cream or whole milk I can't remember what else I used it's early... But I remember yogurt and milk killed the gamey taste. I made lamb stew a while back and lamb and mint jelly too.
 LGL1975
Msg: 70
view profile
History
What's for Dinner?
Posted: 5/20/2016 9:45:50 AM
I'm still putting together the kettle barbecue I got on sale at Canadian Tire. I'm looking forward to cooking a flattened chicken with charcoal.
Show ALL Forums  > Recipes and Cooking  > What's for Dinner?