Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Got Trance
Msg: 3
FOX AND ABC NIXES LANE BRYANT LINGERIE ADPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
WOW! That is a HOT ad.
 arwen52
Msg: 5
view profile
History
FOX AND ABC NIXES LANE BRYANT LINGERIE AD
Posted: 4/25/2010 3:28:50 PM
According to the article I read, it said it showed too much cleavage but there was an example of a Victoria's Secret model showing at least as much. The odd thing to me is that the "plus-sized model" looks like what should be an average, healthy woman!

I don't watch TV anyway.
 daynadaze
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2010 9:50:38 PM
It was because a woman, with a womanly figure, was meeting a man for a lunch sex romp. whereas the VS angels in undies ads is all about women on women sex, which is okay to show, don't ya know.
 Rythmn
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2010 9:24:47 AM
last i heard lane bryant was "owned" by victoria secret. VS bought it quite a while ago. so, they have a legal precedent for what they have already run on tv. i haven't seen the ad. a plus sized model is just a size ten, i believe. add ten pounds for television.

tyra banks finally had a plus sized model win her competition. size ten on a tall woman is far from fat! i am soooooooooooo tired of tv and sexual innuendos. i don't see tv waiting for kids to get to bed anymore. cannot even go to a movie w/o seeing someone on the toilet. i'm waiting for that to come to television!

i used to joke about movies not being real. never did i really mean i wanted to see some of this. soon they will be demonstrating the hemorrhoid cream. that one that goes on and one about "getting harder" is about to exhaust me, with the dopey sis and brother act. they must be related, given their plastered smiles. on the other hand, some of it is well done and brings some sort of reality to the masses, eg. vaginal dryness and ED. it appears some people just don't talk about these things. so sure, let them know what is going on and what real bodies look like. as to the trench coat and underwear, i know a woman who actually does that on her coffee dates. she doesn't remove the trench, but she seems to get turned on by her own behavior! i am sure she will love this new ad.

my favorite ad? sears optical. the woman calls in her cat at nite and doesn't realize it's a raccoon because she is not wearing glasses! sounds like my house. i live on a creek and it's raccoon city here.
 want to travel
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2010 6:59:31 AM
this just shows you, how mass media, dictates what we are supposed to find attractive, i did see the add, there was nothing at all wrong with it
 daynadaze
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2010 11:34:03 AM
Yes, I was kidding.

I don't know what the truth is behind the scenes or who owns what or why things go on TV as they do....like when I was eating dinner last night and two gory commercials came on for those stupid vampire shows and then one for diarrhea. Good Gawd people, I'm eating!!! It was during prime-eating-time! Who schedules this shit?
 Fort Garry Dark
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2010 8:37:53 PM
As Trent Reznor says:

TURN OFF YOUR TV!
 daynadaze
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2010 11:12:31 PM
Why would I turn off my TV? I bought it so I could watch it, I pay for cable so I can watch it, I like TV. I get mad about a lot of things, doesn't mean I want to live without the things I enjoy.

I also read a lot, sometimes I read a book I hate, but I sill like to read books, I don't boycott buying and reading books because some don't work out.

I don't see the point of TV snobbery, it's an entertainment medium, acting all high & mighty about not watching TV doesn't show any superiority, it just shows that some people like something different.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >