Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > going to resturants alone      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lostcause321
Msg: 67
view profile
History
going to resturants alonePage 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
i would hate it if people made an issue of talking to me becasue i was alone, i dont like talking to people, call me weird
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 68
going to resturants alone
Posted: 5/8/2010 12:42:17 PM

i would hate it if people made an issue of talking to me becasue i was alone

Agreed. Just because I am somewhere alone doesn't mean I want company - I may be alone on purpose to relax and not have to talk to anyone (outside what's necessary to place an order).
 GotAHubCapDiamondStarHalo
Msg: 69
Posted: 5/8/2010 1:37:24 PM
Holy Cow! I'm guessing some folks never traveled out of town on biz. I may be driving around on errands and see a little ethnic joint to try. I rarely think anything about it. Sometimes I make a date with myself if I see a place and I'm not able to eat there for some reason, I plan ahead for the next time I'll be in the neighborhood to try it!

I prefer going to restaurants alone as well , movies..etc. I like lots of quiet time.
OMG, get out your iceskates because HELL has frozen over! My nemesis, my kryptonite, the butt floss in my crack, apollodorus, is a kindred spirit! Holy Sh1t, I never thought you'd go anywhere without a threesome! Hahahaha! High five on the down low, dude.
 GotAHubCapDiamondStarHalo
Msg: 70
Posted: 5/8/2010 1:49:11 PM
Hello, I'm sexist_user's evil twin. I am just a plain old user. Why would I go out by myself? I only go out when there is a man to pay. I order an appetizer to eat, then take my entree home. I'm a veggie, but my fiancée likes steak. Fine with me, that way, I'm not tempted to eat dinner and I don't have to cook for him when I get home! This works out pretty well on a first date. Lots of suckers on this site. Can't believe what a guy will do just for the faint hint of a possibility he will get a little action! Idjits!
 CoolBreezez
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2010 4:59:34 PM
Holy Cow!

Hello, I'm sexist_user's evil twin. I am just a plain old user. Why would I go out by myself? I only go out when there is a man to pay. I order an appetizer to eat, then take my entree home. I'm a veggie, but my fiancée likes steak. Fine with me, that way, I'm not tempted to eat dinner and I don't have to cook for him when I get home! This works out pretty well on a first date. Lots of suckers on this site. Can't believe what a guy will do just for the faint hint of a possibility he will get a little action! Idjits

Hey Moe! Hey Larry! I found a girl that' ll answer email on here!
Time to break out those Happy meal coupons and book the chapel!

Wait a minute..... does this mean we'll have to sit together?

.dej
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 5/8/2010 5:29:34 PM

Would you feel strange doing it?

No, I enjoy my company.
 Vannili
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2010 2:18:43 AM

when I heard a woman say," Aw, he doesn't have anyone to talk to" that's when it was time to leave. I've never been back to that place .

If I were you I will not be detered by some low down busy body......I would confront that woman if that remark was directed to me ..

I always go solo on eating at a restaurant since I become widowed, when I invited someone is to return a favor or business proposal.. Eating in a restaurant with someone/group of company/by myself,doesn't make any difference to me ,my purpose is to eat..
 jojoaus
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2010 3:18:04 AM
I often shout myself a b runch or lunch alone at weekends... I buy a magazine or take a book, eat in a leisurely way, no indigestion from trying to talk and eat at the same time

I don't typically eat out alone of an evening... not sure why. I have done so when travelling for example, but it more because I need fuel to keep going rather than for pleasuse.

Just got back from dinner out with my kid and her g/f... we have a great Indian restaurant in our small town :) I enjoyed their company and the food was sublime... win/win
 _Icon_
Msg: 75
Posted: 5/9/2010 6:40:12 AM
Never had a problem with restaurants alone.

I only go alone to one bar where I know all the bartenders, I partied there as a kid and it's "safe." I don't usually go out to bars, nightclubs or parties alone unless I'm planning to meet someone there. Last time I tried it, I was the only woman in the room. I chugged my Red Stripe and got the hell out of there fast.

I still feel weird going to the movies by myself, but I just call a girlfriend.

Dinner at a restaurant, not a problem. I like to eat.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2010 6:44:09 AM
I'm more likely to grab dinner to go and eat the meal at home than to sit in a restaurant alone and eat... or if it's lunch, I'll take it back to my desk. It's not that I won't eat alone, I simply prefer to do so in privacy... people sitting alone in restaurants tend to draw attention.
 TodaysCatch
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Going to resturants alone
Posted: 5/9/2010 6:51:05 AM
You live once, people. Not only should you not fear going out alone, but you should look at it as an opportunity to meet people, should you so desire. I've set out to dine alone many times, but often I didn't. I've politely asked other single diners if I might join them. I've even asked groups. My preference is women, and I recall being turned down only once, as someone joined her soon after I inquired.
It may take intestinal fortitude, but the rewards can be great. One woman I joined for dinner led me to a client I still represent.
 misterdj1160
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 5/9/2010 5:20:22 PM
I do that quite often, eat out by myself. It was awkward at first, seeing couples and families together when you are no longer a couple nor a family. That part hurts.

But I've found that with time, you'd get used to it and quite enjoy it. You can Go where ever you want to go and it's cheaper to pay for one that it is to pay for two.

No. I don't feel strange eating out alone anymore. It would be a strange feeling for me to go out to eat with someone else again.
 .dej
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2010 9:01:42 AM
Going to a bar alone, I don't really see the point of. Restaurant, sure. Movie, sure.

I can drink the same stuff at home for cheaper. I guess if you were just looking to get out of the house for a while and clear your head, I could see that...
 m14shooter
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2010 2:50:35 PM
That is my every day reality. Only time it doesn't bother me is when I am on the road traveling for work. I usually just order food and take it home now or just cook at home.
 Ependa
Msg: 81
Posted: 5/11/2010 2:58:41 PM
no, it doesn't bother me..I used to take a book years ago. Now I navigate towards places where I can sit at a bar , like sushi or a pub. And I love meeting people.. I talk to people everywhere. When I was on vacation in Mexico recently, I kept either having people ask to join me or to come join them. Was all good, except this one couple. She obviously had something more intimate in mind and he was all about bs'ing about scuba. I didn't join them..women know these things ;-)

Most of the time, my free time is spent curled up with a good book and some thai or indian take out though =) It's very rare that I go out alone anymore , so when I do it's sushi usually. Don't feel strange at all.

If you're asking this because you do, I would suggest a book, a place you can sit up at a bar, like a sushi bar or a nice pub...and know that every time you do it, it will get less awkward =) Good luck.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > going to resturants alone