Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > what is intelligence to you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 forumrun4
Msg: 12
what is intelligence to you?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Um...speaking of fluff.....unblock me you mr evil loo shun

I am intellegent...sorta..c,mon..anyway..back to the thread about intellegence
 junipermoon
Msg: 13
view profile
History
what is intelligence to you?
Posted: 8/17/2011 5:48:18 PM

The thought of spending my days behind a desk bores me to tears.

you said it! the best work involves some sort of physicality. you have to keep moving!

I admit I even considered being a clown.

i have friends who went to clown school. it's actually really hard work, and obviously quite physical. you have to have a sense of timing. and no classroom can teach you that. either you have it or you don't.

For me, No IQ test could compete with a local dj eating some of my gumbo and jambalaya at a party and announcing on air I was the best chef in Dallas.

let's hope your dreams come true!

A blue collar guy that is passionate about what he does is far sexier than a harvard educated executive that hates his job and threatens to jump off bridges when the markets crash.

bingo. gotta have the passion. someone who can find inspiration and fulfillment in physical work has much more spirit than your average desk jockey.

now, a writer or a poet i could handle. but he'd have to also study ballet, or hike regularly or ride a horse. anything to get him off his butt and moving. i think that cognitive skills, creativity and physicality have a definite symbiosis!
 dduck1628
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/23/2012 7:17:39 PM
Intelligence is loneliness. A life lived observing the drivers of behavior; drivers that most are blind to. It’s staying up late into the evening experimenting, reading, researching, creating, etc only to wake up as an outsider in an artificial world. A life engaged in superficial conversation and in activities that have already unfolded in our minds. But what the hell do I know; I was 1502 in a class of 1503.
 Aries_328
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2012 7:21:34 PM
All I know is I'm dumb as a rock.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > what is intelligence to you?