Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Keeps telling me I'm not allowed to contact this member      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AutumnAmbers
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Keeps telling me I'm not allowed to contact this memberPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Have you ever contacted a person in the last 30 days that that had on their profile that they where either looking to for Casual Dating / No Commitment or I want to date nothing serious in their profile if you have that is why you are blocked from contacting these Ladies you want to contact. You have to wait till 30 days after you have sent those messages before that block will be lifted. Hope this helps it happened to me too.

THIS IS FALSE INFORMATION.
In fact, I don't think you could add anymore false facts in there if you tried.

AutumnAmbers
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Keeps telling me I'm not allowed to contact this member
Posted: 11/13/2013 8:37:48 PM
You are right " Other Relationship " is one of the blocks ... wait 30 days when those messages are deleted by POF and you will be able to contact any lady you want you make sure when you send a message they do not have any of these listings .... [1] I want to date but nothing serious [2] I am looking for Casual Dating / Nothing Serious. [3] Looking for Intimate Encounter { has been remove} but those are the listings that will trip that filter and keep you from contacting the Ladies you prefer to contact.

THIS IS FALSE INFORMATION.
In fact, I don't think you could add anymore false facts in there if you tried.

Sonic98
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2014 2:47:45 PM
I don't have any restrictions on who can message me. I'm trying to message someone who is showing no restrictions, and it's still telling me I'm not allowed to message them.
 Sonic98
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2014 2:48:51 PM
Wow, I just realized that two of the people I am able to message. When I tried to message them from the POF website instead of the iPad app, the message went through. Seriously these restrictions do need to have a reset on them.
 forum_moderator
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2014 3:26:07 PM

When you messaged them through the iPad app, did you

a) get a message saying you couldn't contact them?
or
b) no message at all and your sent box did not register those sent emails?

This is just to help debug, but in any case, if this is correct - i'd email csr@pof.com and detail your issue along with either the a) or b) scenario.

the other
Any site related question not answered via the HELP link, then email CSR@POF here || Site Rules Here || Posting Clarifications Here || TOS ||
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Keeps telling me I'm not allowed to contact this member