Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 55
Talking about ExperiencePage 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Why would you tell him anything? What difference could it make? Unless you are a walking talking germ farm, I don't see why he needs to know about your past.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Talking about Experience
Posted: 5/11/2010 6:49:36 PM
Since we don't have anything further to go on from the OP, I don't see where else we can take this. I did want to comment on one KIND of posts I've seen in this thread and some others... Folks who come on full of ball-busting confidence, and say "listen, you ^%$*^%$ people, I do THUS-AND-SUCH for every one of MY relationships, and they've ALL been GREAT, and they loved me for doin it that way."
Every time, I'm wondering...how come they have HAD a whole string of relationships? To have a whole bunch, and be here again, every single one of them had to have gone down the tubes.
Anyway, summing this up, having an in depth "talk" right before a potential hot and heavy session is unwise. Telling your entire life story at a sitting (without being paid as a performer or public speaker) is unlikely to lead to hot sex. Conceptualizing a relationship as a set of preconceived steps makes for a rather dry experience. And if the guy is still MIA after as long as this thread has been up, then he's not coming back.
 Rythmn
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Talking about Experience
Posted: 5/12/2010 10:37:20 AM
maybe his too many drinks ended in a blackout and he doesn't know what he said. this is all too vague for me. was your "experience" with potential damage to him? if not, you will never know. how you handle people varies by individuals. wouldn't it be nice to accept and to be accepted w/o walking on eggshells?
 ladyc4
Msg: 58
Talking about Experience
Posted: 5/12/2010 10:53:14 AM

Folks who come on full of ball-busting confidence, and say "listen, you ^%$*^%$ people, I do THUS-AND-SUCH for every one of MY relationships, and they've ALL been GREAT, and they loved me for doin it that way."
Every time, I'm wondering...how come they have HAD a whole string of relationships? To have a whole bunch, and be here again, every single one of them had to have gone down the tubes.

An excellent point.
I suppose, there may be SOME cases where someone is content with having a whole string of relationships as opposed to one or 2 that last a long long time. But I don't think that kind of relationship wanderlust/"travelin' bone" is as common as self-proclaimed relationship 'experts' who have had LOTS of them due to being unable to sustain a truly longterm one.
Cindy O
 anunu
Msg: 59
Talking about Experience
Posted: 5/12/2010 2:31:11 PM
Bluedevil

Is it gross if a man had 50+ partners?
 Vannili
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Talking about Experience
Posted: 5/14/2010 1:42:59 PM
Dear alicia, when it comes to men I don't talk very much , I am very quite and let him think that I am mysterious than Mona Lisa with that funky smile...

And If I talk my body and eyes does the talking for me.... In other words I emote : -the talk. Seriously,we can not time lock our words for we are changeble creators of our motives , it is not that we lied it is "we change our mind. " Just go with the flow and see what happened. Vannili
 Vannili
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Talking about Experience
Posted: 5/14/2010 2:38:49 PM
I have not read all the Op's thread, so the op 's talking is about her sex experiences to her present date, does that validate her that she is a good catch ????

A man should not kiss and tell, that applies too to a woman..... If she considered herself as a decent person..
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >