Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 femaleconnection
Msg: 37
The customer is not always right! Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
The customer asked if they had ordered chips, and she answered his questions factually.

Perhaps the only thing I would have done differently was to ask if he would now like some chips, and tell him the cost of the chips so he could decide on that.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 38
view profile
History
The customer is not always right!
Posted: 1/27/2011 2:12:03 AM
Actually, it's my impression that many people are less civil BECAUSE they spent early years working in low wage jobs dealing with rude and selfish customers. What we could REALLY use, is to make "how to be a customer" a part of required public schooling.
Most people have to figure out how to deal with others in a reasonable and functional manner by struggling to make their parents brief admonitions to "say please and thank you," work in the often more complex realities they face, under great stress. I remember my own journey to learn what was what, and it wasn't at all smooth. The first time I ran into a server who'd had a rough day, and was curt with me, I was shocked and dismayed. Other people (also experiencially ignorant) charged me up by warning me that if I didn't act tough with ALL servers, they'd walk all over me.
When I first started to deal with people AS a server/vendor, I found the hard way that few of them knew how to be customers, too. They didn't know what to expect, or how to ask for it, so a lot of aggravation resulted.
It's the GUESSING how to have a good customer-server interaction that causees the problems. Basic schooling could help!
 nipoleon
Msg: 40
view profile
History
The customer is not always right!
Posted: 1/28/2011 2:36:34 PM
There is no excuse for a person who works in the business giving another person in the business a hard time.
For a waitress being crummy to another waitress or a bartender mistreating another bartender is unforgivable. Unfortunately, it happens all the time.
I've seen waitresses and bartenders go to another bar or restaurant and do all the things they hate from civilians.
They're service workers, they're not personal slaves.

I always try and make things easy on the people who's job it is to give me service.
I get better and friendlier service that way.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >