Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SunnyBlueSkies23
Msg: 20
Would the real you step forward.Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
I'd say.......I'm pretty much,"what you read is what you get". I'm bubbly,caring,compassionate and optimistic the MAJORITY of the time.........bu,at times,my mouth DOES take off without cheaking with my brain first!
 vnufall
Msg: 22
Would the real you step forward.
Posted: 9/1/2011 8:27:24 PM
i think i'm the same online as i am in real life. i get cranky if i feel someone is getting a raw deal. i like to argue politics, so i do that on other places too...i get pretty worked up...lol. its true the silly side doesn't come through enough on here tho. just a lois lane waiting for superman.
 daynadaze
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2011 11:47:28 AM
I'm 100% me but in person I'm much more likely to say the wrong word or stumble over my sentences because I don't have spell check embedded in my head and I don't have the luxury of sitting at a computer and editing. Also I have no control over how others perceive me, and that runs from love to white hot hate.

Someone just complimented me by using something from my profile, I thought they might have misunderstood what my meaning was but I was the one misunderstanding them. LOL It happens all the time, even in person, that we don't get the gist of what a person is saying or what their actions really mean. I'm glad I was helpful to her but I was worried that she thought I had been flip in my comments, which I had not meant to be.

In person I am a nice person for the most part, so people tend to latch onto me. I don't like that, I don't need more friends as so many seem to like to have, I like being alone and while I may talk to you for hours once in a while, mostly I just like to go home and be left alone. I'm not cold at all, I'm just not lonely and don't much like contact outside my family...and many in my family don't get me liking to be alone either. I'd give them the shirt off my back but that doesn't mean I want accolades nor company particularly. On the other hand I absolutely love being around my granddaughter much more often than not.
 joemac356
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2011 9:51:05 PM
I really don't know how to be anyone but me.
 GrandmaBooBoo
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2011 8:54:07 AM

In real life i'm much worse.
LOL! I think my profile is pretty darned accurate. I state up front that I AM the "dating world's WORST nightmare"...having already stated that I'm the worst....LOL! I don't know how to be any more honest than that!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >