Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > I don't like to kiss...is this normal?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 south_city
Msg: 34
I don't like to kiss...is this normal?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

It may seem strange to you, Mr. South City....but everyone attaches different emotional values to various acts of intimacy.

To each their own. There are exceptions. But in my experience, it often starts off as kissing and gradually progresses to other sexual activities including intercourse.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 35
view profile
History
I don't like to kiss...is this normal?
Posted: 8/26/2016 9:42:31 PM
If a man does not want to kiss you on the lips or the face but is happy to have the sex, he is using you and does not want intimacy.
I would also soon be gone. Prostitutes dont kiss their clients as a rule. It would feel like that, to me.
 ginghamgal
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/27/2016 8:44:59 AM

but everyone attaches different emotional values to various acts of intimacy. :)

True. But I think more people consider sex to be more intimate than kissing. I have kissed many men without having sex with them. I rarely had sex with a man without kissing him first besides an occasional quickie when time was limited.
 hemingway234
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/27/2016 10:31:22 AM
Don't worry...... after your wife gets to know you after a few years of marriage, she won't want to kiss you anymore!
 gtomustang
Msg: 38
Smack me upside the head
Posted: 8/27/2016 10:32:54 AM
"A lot of people don't like Kiss, they feel they aren't "real" musicians, just a gimmicky , only in it for the money type of band."

>>>like Nickelback and Van Hagar--no one seems to like 'em, yet somehow money ends up in their pockets.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 39
I wanna rock and roll ,all right ?
Posted: 8/27/2016 11:15:54 AM
^^^^^

Everyone says they hate fast food too and yet I don't see any of the big chains going out of biz anytime soon.

Back to Kiss, I was only 11 when I bought Kiss Alive !

That was before I discovered older bands like Zep, Floyd, Sabbath , etc

But, it sure was fun while the novelty lasted !
 Cowgirlwannabe1
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/27/2016 1:21:58 PM
Don't worry...... after your wife gets to know you after a few years of marriage, she won't want to kiss you anymore!

hahaha..

is this normal? I don't think so OP
 scorpioinOregon
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/27/2016 9:36:54 PM
I don't see how a relationship can last if one person likes to kiss or make out, and the other person doesn't. I have dated guys who didn't like to kiss. I was not able to get turned on and be intimate if it didn't start with kissing. These relationships did not last long.

I think it's more common for guys to want to get things moving quickly so it's probably not as big of a problem as it is for a woman who likes to make out for awhile before things turn sexual.

I don't really think it is common for a woman to want to have sex and not make out first.
 Seki1949
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2016 1:01:29 AM

"A British writer, George Orwell, noted in his 1934 novel Burmese Days, that the Burmese people do not kiss at all and do not even have a word for this practice. Whether that is true or not, only the Burmese people might know. "

Or possibly they just didn't like kissing their colonial masters and made this up as an excuse.
 gtomustang
Msg: 43
so what does an Inuit French kiss feel like?
Posted: 8/28/2016 5:56:29 AM
"Like sticking your tongue on a frozen light pole?"

>>>so, no BJ's up north? doesn't that just suck. Maybe they give a "snow job" instead?

Why did the snowman smile? He heard the snowblower was coming.
 Maleman999
Msg: 44
so what does an Inuit French kiss feel like?
Posted: 8/28/2016 4:02:25 PM
"Seems like I read somewhere that the Inuit people used to rub noses instead of kissing."

I get a runny nose when I'm cold. Would the snot freeze on my upper lip right away in the winter in the Arctic? I don't think that would be attractive-especially for nose rubbing. For that matter, would farts freeze or even be noticeable when it's -30 or -40 degrees? I can't even begin to think what it would be like if a guy is outdoors somewhere and he has to pee in those conditions.
 gtomustang
Msg: 45
s'not what you think
Posted: 8/28/2016 6:41:03 PM
Thank goodness, engines and noses can't run in that weather. It just builds up in your head, and then you go inside where its warm and it comes out your ears. You can't believe the amount of earmuffs you go thru in a winter.

Its not good to water the pines in those conditions. It freezes on contact and then you're stuck until the spring frost. Unless the bears find you first. The rangers nickname it tourist frinknpeed.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2016 11:08:47 PM

I simply do not like kissing. I don't mind a kiss here or there but making out makes me feel suffocated. And french kissing actually grosses me out. Am I crazy?

In a way, YES.

Is there anyone else like this?

Statistically speaking, pretty much no (of the non-asexual variety).

Any suggestions?

Look to figure yourself out. If you don't like to kiss someone, it's a sign of lack of attraction. There can still be attraction to get-it-on, or to have other physical affection for the needy in that dept while still not wanting to kiss -- but at the end of the day, you lack attraction in them.

Now, if what you say hold true to even the cutest of the cute -- that's where the Yes answer applies to your question if you're crazy. :) IF that is truly the case -- which you may not know if you've never been more-than-friends with someone you found truly Hot -- then I'd bet the farm that it's due to your initial kissing experiences that went Very Awry and turned you off from it... and that you're overly-affected & too deeply by bad 1st experiences. Which is Not a good attribute to have as a person.

I can understand if your first kisses were with ugly people who were Bad, Awkward kissers + breath of Oreos & Onions -- that you wouldn't be a big fan of kissing for a while in your youth. But if you're into affection, you're going to be cuddling, schmoozing, etc -- and if they're cute, you're going to naturally want to do a little open-lip kissing. And if they kiss well, it'd totally bring you in to wanting to do it with them.
 hemingway234
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/6/2016 8:51:26 AM
Seriously, there are some cultures where they don't kiss in the early stages of dating........ but finding one like that in this country would be like hitting the lotto........ it's not going to happen........ in OP's case, it was an excuse. She would have kissed him if she liked him enough.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/6/2016 1:26:00 PM

Yes.

For a germaphobe.
 loveisatemple
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/7/2016 8:31:49 PM
I think it's a gauge of what the person thinks of you and/or the level of intimacy they are capable of, whether they truly like, admire, feel affection and romanticism towards you. Some just feel you in the nether regions, they may not even like your personality.

All that said, I think it's necessary for some to have that be intense and relaxed, and present. Ime, the main time that was the case when I was the big v, with my first bf. It took the place of, but after he insisted we had to move forward(I was not in a big rush), the kissing went out, and so did the involvement. I never felt very close anymore.

Subsequent ltrs also were not that great in kisses, a big meh, as they were more cool and distant cerebral types. It was boring, but I did not know any better and kept choosing such types. They claimed to really like me, but there was a missing emotional link for me.

I could probably fall in love over just a kiss, and no sex than the reverse. Ime, sex was always a downer, like, was that it? Then, you were tied to the person but it remained kind of chilly.

A kiss is more spiritual and for it to be good, there has to be some sort of warm feelings towards the person, whereas sex can just be getting off.

They say if the kiss is bad, so is the sex, and I do think it's true, though I knew some guys I had chemistry with, not much with the kiss and the sex was ok, but never that good, and did not feel connected at all and glad enough to leave it behind, momentary chemistry or no.
 Seki1949
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2016 9:08:41 PM
^^^
A kiss or kissing can be good clean fun and you're own your way down the road. Making love usually eventually involved a ball and chain of some sort after a while.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2016 9:42:05 PM

Seriously, there are some cultures where they don't kiss in the early stages of dating........ but finding one like that in this country would be like hitting the lotto........ it's not going to happen

Or more like buying a lotto ticket and giving it to an ex. There are some sub-cultures that do that -- and in fact, a long time ago in these here forums a religious gal married a Much Older man and they didn't kiss until their wedding night.

But obviously the OP's issue isn't cultural/religious rules -- it's internally being turned off by it, not culturally turned off by it. Which even strict religious folks would be like "Ummm, no, you should Like doing it in and of itself with the right person..."
 sweetcowgirl555
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2016 6:00:21 AM
I don't dislike it as much as you, but I'm not a huge fan. It's kind of tedious
 KuramaFox
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2016 10:56:28 PM
I think I may not be a big fan of it either, but then again, I haven't actually gone on a date and had one yet. It is merely that the thought of kissing seems slightly gross, perhaps because I have yet to have a relationship.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > I don't like to kiss...is this normal?