Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > 600 emails to get 5 dates???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 call_me_tater
Msg: 376
600 emails to get 5 dates???Page 16 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Daaaaaaamn

Nice catch
Lifted from a photo site of ugly people...
What are the odds for that type of scam?

Well played, hopingforlovee.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 377
600 emails to get 5 dates???
Posted: 10/28/2015 12:22:46 PM

With no children or spouse, I have accumulated quite a bit of cash over the years .

I am an excellent beneficiary.

Jus' sayin'.
 hopingforlovee
Msg: 378
Posted: 10/28/2015 2:34:49 PM
Sorry moonguy, I plan on spending it all on some very lucky woman to be.
 hopingforlovee
Msg: 379
Posted: 10/28/2015 2:36:34 PM
"And how do you think women would react when they realize the picture you are using is not actually you, but an image lifted from the internet?"

There is a photo of me on the internet? Where?
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 380
Posted: 10/28/2015 5:22:04 PM

Message #443:
There is a photo of me on the internet? Where?

http://1000uglypeople.com/wp-content/uploads/I-See-Nothing-Horrible-Man.jpg
 prairiefire60
Msg: 381
Posted: 10/28/2015 5:39:55 PM
I'm sure who ever keeps reporting other's photos on here will just jump right on that. It seems Clooneyclone , Crookcatcher and Ilovetolaugh as well as a few more have all complained about having photos removed.

Who knew there was an ugly people site, I thought the ugly freaks were all Walmart shoppers. I've often wondered how it would feel to be scrolling through the Walmart pics and come across a photo of yourself. Or find your picture on 1000uglypeople.com.
 hopingforlovee
Msg: 382
Posted: 10/28/2015 5:53:40 PM
I am contacting my lawyer in the morning for this sites violation of my privacy rights. It is highly offensive for them to post my photo without my permission. How can a site steal photo and post it like that and get away with it?
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 383
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2015 6:34:56 PM
ROTFLMAO

Messages this short may not be posted
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 384
Posted: 10/29/2015 4:24:45 AM

Nice catch
Lifted from a photo site of ugly people...
What are the odds for that type of scam?

When I first saw his profile and his image did not show up in an image search, I actually went to that 1000 uglies site and started looking but then my eyeballs started bleeding and I had to stop. (There are, after all, about 5000 some photos on that site and some are not very pretty).

I had a hunch the profile was not quite to be believed because the person put down hair color as 'black'.

Then he starts advertising the fact he is a virgin. Something does not add up. A 60 year old virgin with cash to burn just does not somehow gravitate to the forums right off and start talking about it, imho. Someone is being disingenuous and LL2 caught him out.

My first thought it was someone from the new ownership trolling the site for bottom feeders to 'clean the place up'.

You meet all kinds here.

I am contacting my lawyer in the morning for this sites violation of my privacy rights.

Like heck you will......
 hopingforlovee
Msg: 385
Posted: 10/29/2015 4:41:26 AM
If I wasn't on that site when you looked before and I am now, it's because somebody from here added me to that ugly site. Not very nice. Was it you? So you think I am happy about never having had a woman? Went out with a woman for over a year. Spent a lot of money on her and still she wouldn't sleep with me. You think I was happy about that? The black hair was a joke. You have no sense of humor.
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 386
Posted: 10/29/2015 5:08:21 AM
You are protesting wayyyyy to much. Why would I want to boot you off the site? I am looking for a square dance partner (that is a virgin and has 6 figures to spend on MEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!)

You may actually be right about something.....

The cropping is weird... instead of it looking like YOU lifted the pic and cropped out the logo, it looks like THEY did the cropping and ADDED the logo (and did a horizontal flip). I cannot find any info on the photo itself nor do I know how to see if google has a cached image of the page that is earlier than the creation date of your profile.

Your lawyer will be able to contact the uglies people and tell them to take your image down. Info is on the site.

I actually think you are a real doofus for putting such an unflattering pic of yourself on a dating site. Like you are running an experiment to see if women will go for an 'ugly' man because he has money. They weren't busting your inbox walls down to get to you so you found the forums and added the 'still a virgin' thing as more bait.

If you are for real, and the smart women in your area know how to search the forums for the 'historical' on a prospective date, you have shot yourself in the foot.

Women are not as dumb as you think they are.....

Edited to add: I found it!!!! Another site has a date in the file properties '8-12-2009' and another, sometime in 2013. A third site just lifted it from 1000 uglies R us

I think you are full of it..... or else your lawyer has his work cut out for him. There are other sites with the same image. Do your own homework.
 call_me_tater
Msg: 387
Posted: 10/29/2015 7:52:10 AM
The only way to prove you are not a fake is to put up more pics of yourself.
Easy solution.
Fake profiles often have just 1 pic because they can't find a collection of the same person.
Personally, everything about you is too far fetched and I thought that from the start.
 hopingforlovee
Msg: 388
Posted: 10/29/2015 8:13:29 AM
Why would I have to prove anything to anybody? I'm not sure I understand. I came here looking for love, not looking for a cross-examination. but I did Lie. I am not really a virgin, more like a born again virgin, because I can barely remember the first and last time it was so, so long ago. And then, I had to pay for it.
 prairiefire60
Msg: 389
Posted: 10/29/2015 8:17:55 AM
Is this really important in the grand scheme of things. So we have a homely poster that may or may not have lifted his photo from an ugly site (who does that???) And, what if someone lifted his photo and put it on that site. There are people on here with no photos, people with old photos and people who have been getting their very nice photos removed lately. There are also those that put down they are "average" when they are clearly very overweight and more than one poster that lies about their age...some by 10+ years. No one has gone after them. So, fake profile, real profile - don't worry about it, only worry about your own.

I find it odd that so many people have so much free time that they cruise the internet looking to "out" someone.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 390
Posted: 10/29/2015 8:47:35 AM
It only takes two seconds to find a fake image online.

Manufacturing and covering up a lie is fascinating, at least to me. The fact that some folks get outraged when someone that is being deceptive is outed, I think is hilarious.

People often misplaced blame in the use of stolen images. In my opinion, the blame lies with the person using the fake picture. It is about lying and deception on a dating site.
 hopingforlovee
Msg: 391
Posted: 10/29/2015 8:58:35 AM

Manufacturing and covering up a lie is fascinating, at least to me. The fact that some folks get outraged when someone that is being deceptive is outed, I think is hilarious.

The fact that you are so concerned is pretty good evidence that there is something wrong with you and that you have no life. Sorry, but I like to call it like it is. That's how I was trained to do real estate sales. Be upfront, and people will trust you.
 prairiefire60
Msg: 392
Posted: 10/29/2015 9:02:57 AM

Many have no photo. So if someone lifts a pic of Miss Piggy or Dracula or ugly guy....who cares. Well, I know some care but really...is this life or death if someone lifts a pic from the internet when they could just post no photo at all and no one would care.

Its like the folks that want you to post your height, weight, BMI on your profile. Get real. I would rather know - did you abuse your wife, did you cheat on your husband, do you have a criminal record, are you wanted by the FBI...important stuff. We don't see that listed as a requirement on this or any dating site.

Some on here remind me of the kid in elementary school that was the daily tattletale, I guess some just never grew out of that.
 kj521
Msg: 393
Posted: 10/29/2015 9:14:03 AM
Lmao! Who cares about the pic?

Only thing I want to know is if the travel offer is still available? I am not too proud to admit that I can be bought! :D

And....I am a born again virgin, also. **bats eyelashes**
 hopingforlovee
Msg: 394
Posted: 10/29/2015 9:20:42 AM
Yes, and is anybody here outraged like LLL says. Boy, that guy is from Philadelphia and acts like an old lady. He needs to come to Nebraska and learn something about being a Real Man. He must have been a mama's boy ...probably beat up every day on his city streets.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 395
Posted: 10/29/2015 9:22:01 AM

Message 455 :
The fact that you are so concerned is pretty good evidence that there is something wrong with you and that you have no life. Sorry, but I like to call it like it is. That's how I was trained to do real estate sales. Be upfront, and people will trust you.

Message 458:
Yes, and is anybody here outraged like LLL says. Boy, that guy is from Philadelphia and acts like an old lady. He needs to come to Nebraska and learn something about being a Real Man. He must have been a mama's boy ...probably beat up every day on his city streets.

Thank you.

'Catfishing:' The phenomenon of Internet scammers who fabricate online identities and entire social circles to trick people into romantic relationships.

Whether it's out of revenge, loneliness, curiosity or boredom, an emerging class of Internet predators cite dozens of reasons for scamming their way into romantic relationships with unsuspecting victims seeking love online.

By creating fake profiles on social networking sites, these predators trick people into thinking that they are someone else entirely. The fabricated life stories and photographs that they cobble together online often contain the experiences, friends, resumes and job titles that they wish were their own, providing a complete window into how these scammers want the world to see them - and how far they fall from those ideals.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2264053/Catfishing-The-phenomenon-Internet-scammers-fabricate-online-identities-entire-social-circles-trick-people-romantic-relationships.html
 hopingforlovee
Msg: 396
Posted: 10/29/2015 9:25:21 AM
Kj521, you are the first to indicate interest in my offer. I can send you a bus ticket and I will meet you at the bus station. You will recognize me immediately because I drive a late model (the latest one avaliable) Yugo. I promise you a great time. You will love Sally's pancakes to start out.
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 397
Posted: 10/29/2015 9:28:29 AM
^^^^^^ ((((((snicker))))))))

Sorry, just can't help it. This is just sooooooo good!
 kj521
Msg: 398
Posted: 10/29/2015 9:30:17 AM
Hold up! We might need to negotiate here....

Now I have no problems with a late model Yugo. I like pancakes and I am sure Sally is sweet...

But...about that bus....hmmm......how 'bout a train? Trains are fun! :)
 hopingforlovee
Msg: 399
Posted: 10/29/2015 9:31:34 AM
You figured me out LLL. You are too smart for us lowly real estate agents. I am trying to scam people into a romantic relationship. That's why I supposedly lifted a photo of somebody much better looking than myself. Nobody would be interested if they knew what I really looked like.
 call_me_tater
Msg: 400
Posted: 10/29/2015 9:32:48 AM
People with your supposed amassed wealth do not use free dating sites...they use someone like Patti Stanger.
Or mail order brides, or some other reputable service.
They also do not advertise how wealthy they are because they know some people would be after their money and would be wise to that fact.

The age of 60 and having black hair?
I place the man in the photo at 70. Look at the forum users who are 60 ish.
If you were in profile reviews, you would be told that you need more than 1 pic and need help with the text...why not head over there to maximize your results?

You came directly to the forums, posting 3 days after joining...the mandatory wait period.
Took me much longer than that to realize there even were forums.

A Yugo? Almost 10 yrs since they were even produced. No real estate salesperson would ever drive that nasty little car, either....
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > 600 emails to get 5 dates???