Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jamie9562
Msg: 130
I busted my boyfriend in a lie.Page 5 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
"But you left out happily married ones[lovers,etc] that only have eyes for one.....
or is that now passe too?"

i left out no one,,this was a television show,,,,it was to the best of my knowledge a cross-section of men....i assume one of them may have even been,,,what did you call it "has eyes only for his wife"

i believe he was the first one to jump at the opportunity.....apparently having the most beautiful woman in the world ask you if you want to go get it on was too much for his "eyes only" philosophy......

is it passe? it couldn't be since it never existed anywhere besides romance novels and your imagination,,,,,,,,
ok ...i admit,,,,,their has to be at least one or two heterosexual guys on the planet who would say no ,,,,,,

but that's only because they are married to girls as hot as the one i am talking about.......we are talking about average joe america given a shot to bang the hottest women he has ever seen and if marriage would hold him back......

the answer,,,is no...........this is why you will never see a show like this on man run television......they do not want you to know this .......

"Coming this fall on ABCDEFG...... a new reality show where average married Joe gets an honest chance to sleep with a super model!"

i think not,,the ratings would be awesome......but after a while it would get boring watching one guy after another go "wife? oh no,,,,,,,we are separated (for today:)"

of course..i could be wrong
Msg: 131
I busted my boyfriend in a lie.
Posted: 11/30/2010 8:02:04 AM
Oh I don't need to read this thread to know how most of the post will be.You will have all of the how dare you lie and trick him post,you are just as bad as him and then you will have the dump him post.Most of the how dare you lie and trick him will be from men and the dump him will be from women.

Personally I would not of wasted the energy of all this pretending on someone who I had all this doubt about.When you have that much doubt about someone your should probably just stop the relationship then.
 VivaciousVixen2010
Msg: 132
Posted: 11/30/2010 10:31:00 PM
why is he your boyfriend?
love should make us happy not sad
trust is most important
if you both agree to me monogamous
and he is interested in other women
then why do you want him?

life is too short to be sad.
 REDDRAGON.
Msg: 133
Posted: 12/1/2010 9:14:46 AM

why is he your boyfriend?
love should make us happy not sad
trust is most important
if you both agree to me monogamous
and he is interested in other women
then why do you want him?

life is too short to be sad.

and give up all that wonderful drama lies and deceitful behaviour??? then what???

KSCFish33
Msg: 134
Posted: 12/1/2010 11:15:35 AM
* Fun Fact: 'Hang Out' is not 'Have Sex With' to everyone.
* Fun Fact: Cell phones are a primary means of communication these days, so asking for one is not uncommon
* Fun Fact: YOU sent HIM a request. He didn't randomly pick you and ask for your info.
* Fun Fact: You used pictures of a 'good looking girl'. Aside from impersonating someone else (not sure if that's legal), if he said she's hot, then doesn't that mean you share the same taste in women?
* Fun Fact: Entrapping your boyfriend makes you the bad one here since, as I stated, he only mentioned hanging out... you flat-out lied to him.

I hope HE dumps YOU. If he is a cheater, he's slime, but two wrongs do not make a right. If he's a decent guy, he deserves better than you. Try growing up a little bit before you date again.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 135
Posted: 12/1/2010 12:26:02 PM
Just leave, No explanation required. He lies to you and you dont trust him to the point of doing what you did. Game over.
 KSCFish33
Msg: 136
Posted: 12/1/2010 6:19:34 PM
Just leave, No explanation required. He lies to you and you dont trust him to the point of doing what you did. Game over.

This is the sort of thing I don't like about forums. It also says a lot about people, and why dating is so difficult.

Nowhere, from Post 1 to this post, does the OP state she has any hard proof that he is cheating. He mentioned hanging out, and it should be mentioned that this is after she contacted him (to him it was a random hot chic contacting him). Nowhere is it said that they made any plans that could be viewed as cheating, nothing specific was said. 'Hanging out' can be meeting at a local mall and chatting. Yes, it can be him sleeping around, but once again, no details are given.

Yet most of the responses I've seen have condemned the guy based on little to no evidence. If the judicial system, as imperfect as it is, operated on this amount of evidence regularly, everyone would be in prison by the age of ten.

Oh I don't need to read this thread to know how most of the post will be.You will have all of the how dare you lie and trick him post,you are just as bad as him and then you will have the dump him post.Most of the how dare you lie and trick him will be from men and the dump him will be from women.

Yes, I'm a guy, and yes, I'm irritated that the OP lied to the guy. Beyond that, though, what irks me is that so little info is given and conclusions are reached. People who date can and should still have social lives. A man can have a friends-only relationship with a woman. It's not always common, but it can happen...
 Dan99993
Msg: 137
Posted: 12/3/2010 9:44:07 AM
The poster sure is getting some grief about this even though she uncovered a particularly unpleasant part of her SO personality.

If he was at all faithful he wouldn't have gone for it. I don't care whether he actually cheated with someone or not, the fact that he went for it is enough to raise some serious questions. Since he spends some time online, he may have met and gone with a lot of women. Or he may have wanted to.

This kind of thing: (from the OP)

I sent my boyfriend a friend request off this account and he accepted and started messaging this chick saying she's hot and that he'd like her cell number so they could hang out. This 'chick' asked if he had a girlfriend and he beat around the bush not giving a direct answer, and kept asking for her cell number.

says enough. Whether it's outright cheating or coming close to that, the guy seems to want to do more than have a friend. He said she was hot and let's hang out. And he didn't want to say whether he had a girlfriend.

So it's to be friends only? I doubt it.

I don't know what it is with all the people who are shocked by the method. You don't catch a liar by being upfront with him.
Police and detectives have to use such ploys too. Pedophiles are caught that way.

But I'm sure you don't agree. It is plain and simple 'entrapment'.. lol

Whether your boyfriend has a serious problem with this (cheating) or not, OP now you know better what he is. Don't know what you'll do (leave, forgive him, etc), whatever it is best of luck.
 Real_Honest_Woman
Msg: 138
Posted: 12/3/2010 10:23:18 AM
Just dump him .. I have done the same thing as u have just not on facebook and it turned out he was cheating on me and when I confronted him he was like i was looking for another girl to join us Well I kicked him to the curb You know what I would do it again if I had too . I don't care what people say or think a girl has to do what she has too.
 clockwork lime
Msg: 139
Posted: 12/3/2010 11:59:40 AM
Ooooh, how did I miss this thread for so long?

In the early days of facebook (around 2007, when it was just becoming popular) My g/f at the time (who was the one who actually invited me to join FB) pulled a similar stunt with a fake profile.
Funny thing is, I knew right from the start it was her, as she has a way of excessively using (and misusing) semi-colons in sentences;
I played along with her for a couple of weeks, never actually appearing interested, nor giving her enough to know for sure that I was disinterested in this fake woman.
It must have been a terribly frustrating time for her, as I'm pretty sure she was trying to guage whether I would cheat or not. Anyone who pulls a stunt like this is obviously not g/f material, so I wasn't terribly concerned about how her experiment would end up.
After two weeks I had had enough, so I just stopped responding to the fake profile. About two weeks after that I broke up with her, citing other reasons (but the FB experiment was really the straw that broke the camel's back). I never told her that I knew it was her on FB.

Chances are that this fellow knew it was the OP behind the fake profile. It's pretty easy to catch on to the linguistics and turns of phrases that people use when you are familiar with them. There are always tell-tale signs.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 140
Posted: 12/3/2010 2:43:10 PM
If you created a fake FB page with fake pictures and attracted your boyfriend--you two deserve each other!
 Email Tom Now
Msg: 141
Posted: 12/4/2010 1:00:04 PM
who lied first?

you did by creating the fake FB page, then you lied again with your emails to him.

you were pointing fingers but the fingers are pointing back to YOU!
 x_file
Msg: 142
Posted: 12/4/2010 4:12:03 PM

What do I do? How do I tell him I caught him? I'm so upset I'm shaking and i'm feeling physically ill.

Your boyfriend is interested in ****hotter**** girls. Hmm... what to do? The age old problem.

Hook him up! How about that?
 Tenderhearted25
Msg: 143
Posted: 5/16/2012 9:32:36 PM
Hey girl! I caught my fiance having phone sex with a girl he had met off the internet. (He said they never met or hooked up because he has 3kids and she doesnt want the responsibility.) He says he is done with that. So to make sure I have decided to make a fake facebook profile and see how far he will allow it to go. I dont see anything wrong wih doing this because if im going to marry a man i want to spend the rest of my life with; I need to know if the SOB takes this to his heart or not! I sure hope and pray that he isnt fake, because he is so good me, and I am so tired
of looking!!!
 BornVillan
Msg: 144
Posted: 5/16/2012 11:07:49 PM
Theres nothing you can do
He plays for the Jets NHL
Hes the teams 3rd scoring goals leader
You love him
You have it made
You dont have me fooled..... He also played for Atlanta Thrashers !!!!!
 Archangel_07
Msg: 145
Posted: 5/16/2012 11:23:05 PM
Trust was the foundation of the relationship and because that wall is now broken down. There's nothing left. OP you know what you need to do...
 RunningFool7
Msg: 146
Posted: 5/17/2012 12:08:33 AM
Caught him in a lie...Coolio...break up with him.

What do you want? Seriously. Move on.
 oceanman1310
Msg: 147
Posted: 5/17/2012 5:43:02 AM
Shallow,vain(the" It" Girl) self-centered ,game playing duplicitous girl!You show an alarming degree of immaturity. Grow up and stop playing games or you'll never be happy.There is a whole world out there that couldn't give a damn about your Facebook status,what kind of Twit you are or how "Hot" you are. You have to live in an adult world in which what you do is much more important than what you look like,and if you keep acting that way you will regret it!
 licoricecat_1
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 7:02:42 AM
Why are you on POF and state that you are looking for a man? He is also on POF looking for a girl. I understand that temptation came in and you wanted to set him up. Now you know. I would tell him why you are breaking it off. Because he is living a double life and telling others that he does not have a girlfriend.
 WinterIsComing80
Msg: 149
Posted: 5/17/2012 7:43:05 AM
Don't even waste another ounce of your energy on it. Just leave him and be done with it. You don't owe him anything let alone an explanation. Move on.
 Kariann71
Msg: 150
Posted: 5/17/2012 7:50:18 AM
Nice Game Of Thrones reference there in your name. :)

To the OP - You can't have a good relationship without trust. He's obviously proven he can't be trusted so there's no point in hanging around. Let him keep his online conquests and move on to someone who will respect and appreciate you.
 Maleman999
Msg: 151
Posted: 5/17/2012 8:08:24 AM

...move on to someone who will respect and appreciate you.

Until the next guy finds out you are playing the same game and trying to trap him too. Do you plan on deleting the fake Facebook account or are you keeping it to use on every guy you meet? What would you have done if the opposite happened-some really hot looking guy tried to contact you? Did the OP show respect and appreciation of the guy she tried trapping with a lie?

To me, this would be like a guy who goes out of town on a business trip, and the wife/girlfriend, without saying anything to the guy, pays for and sends a hooker to his hotel room to see what would happen, and if he does anything with the hooker, accuse him of being a cheater.
 ComplekCity
Msg: 152
Posted: 5/17/2012 8:30:38 AM

why didn't you put a pic. of an average or below average girl instead of a hottie? He was probably so shocked a hottie was emailing him he had to respond

LOL

It's funny because it's so true - I bet a VERY high percentage of guys would FAIL this test - LOL
 WD1094
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 9:52:16 AM
18 month old thread.. please delete
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 154
Posted: 5/17/2012 11:30:49 AM
keep banging him till something better comes along..or u catch a disease of some sort...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >