Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cariboolady1
Msg: 155
I busted my boyfriend in a lie.Page 6 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
I can't believe that this thread got resurrected. It's an old thread from a Troll.
Read her history. It's still there. It's full of lies and stories that make no sense if you also read the date and time of her posts.
 Kariann71
Msg: 156
I busted my boyfriend in a lie.
Posted: 5/17/2012 12:34:32 PM

Until the next guy finds out you are playing the same game and trying to trap him too. Do you plan on deleting the fake Facebook account or are you keeping it to use on every guy you meet? What would you have done if the opposite happened-some really hot looking guy tried to contact you? Did the OP show respect and appreciation of the guy she tried trapping with a lie?

To me, this would be like a guy who goes out of town on a business trip, and the wife/girlfriend, without saying anything to the guy, pays for and sends a hooker to his hotel room to see what would happen, and if he does anything with the hooker, accuse him of being a cheater.

I certainly don't condone her methods but let's not pretend the guy is blameless here Male. A man does have the ability to say NO, does he not? Someone who isn't ruled by his penis should have no fear of being tested by someone who obviously has trust issues. She doesn't trust and he's completely untrustworthy - therefore it would seem they're not a good match!
 playfulpete
Msg: 157
Posted: 5/17/2012 12:55:38 PM
You lied,so what does that make you.you and him make a good pair
 daynadaze
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2012 5:57:00 PM
All the other stuff aside as to how you found out, now that you know for sure that he's more than willing to cheat and may well be cheating, dump him. No big crying talk, no yelling about how he hurt you, no letting him try to get out of it, none of that drama shit is my way of dealing with it, I walk. He knows what he's done, and he doesn't care or he wouldn't be doing it so why hash it out in a big scene. Walk, not a word, pack him up or pack yourself up or how ever the living arrangements are, get your locks changed, change your phone number or block him, cut all contact and never talk to him again. Clean break from someone who thinks so little of you is always the best way to go. But most people don't, they do the whole drama bit, getting back together, thinking it will work, throwing their dignity to the wind and bawling about how could he.....waste of time.

Oh crap! Another old thread brought up for no reason...sigh...why???

Nevermind
 TheCritic
Msg: 160
Posted: 5/17/2012 6:01:34 PM
That is actually a clever thing to do.. It is a huge fear of many people who are in relationships, that one day their partner would make a fake profile on POF or Facebook and mislead them into flirting with a "fake girl" and be busted.. That is a risk everyone takes when they choose to remain on POF/facebook even after getting into a relationship?
 MEXICANLADY42
Msg: 163
Posted: 5/17/2012 9:13:40 PM
Sometimes it takes drastic measures to find out whaat a person is really like. Better that you found out now. Do not py attention to what other people say; I lived something like that and TWO YEARS of him being constantly on Internet, one day I found his account open and GUESS WHAT!? Well, he was meeting other girls online, the creep! Nope, I am SO TOTALLY on your side. If people want to live blindly, then let them. Always follow your gut instinct.
 muckball81
Msg: 164
Posted: 5/17/2012 10:31:34 PM
hmmmm
is this profile real?
are you really a women?
 NWFY1979
Msg: 165
Posted: 10/27/2012 10:18:18 AM
what to do is easy start bannging he is gonna do it to you so if you like him stay with him but **** some randoms, if you dont like him dump him not worth it you know you can do better.
 MellowYellow42
Msg: 166
Posted: 10/27/2012 10:53:42 AM
Two years later and I'm in suspense.
 Tom_FishOPlenty
Msg: 167
Posted: 11/18/2012 6:23:32 PM
Imma laugh when she gets dumped for the fake girl. Serves her right. I mean, what is wrong with you.
 LoveBeautifulDays
Msg: 168
Posted: 4/3/2013 9:15:38 PM
love digging into the past and seeing whats on here
 ZombiezRock
Msg: 169
Posted: 4/4/2013 1:52:43 AM
Why is it when a woman feels , or a man feels like their boyfriend/girlfriend is doing something wrong because of odd changes, or just a gut feeling and they act on it to "prove" the situation or dispel the feeling either way, why this is a deep trust issue of the one getting lied too? NO one likes to be lied to, and I believe we all have the right to find out the truth. After being with a habitual liar for 3 years, and crossing some lines to find this out , i would do it again in a heartbeat. Liars are generally manipulative as well, makes you feel like its all in your head.

I say yay for you for making the page, catching him that way now you dont have to waste your time on a liar and a possible cheat. If liars get the freedom to lie, we get the freedom to protect ourselves without being told we have trust issues. Some will agree, some wont either way I waited way too long to take matters a bit farther and wasted 3 years of my life when had I of followed up on my instincts ( which is not enough to break off a relationship ) because then your going to get grief about that too. People need proof, especially when they love the person.

People dont trust because they have been given a reason not too, plain and simple.
tell him you know, and break up with him. he wont change. sorry but he wont.

~Z~
 ladywyatt
Msg: 172
Posted: 4/4/2013 9:43:37 AM
Terrielynnc,

Now why would the OP be concerned about losing this loser??

If she thinks anything of herself she would kick this pos to the curb.

Who cares how she found out, she found out and she knows he's a douche
 SaltLG13
Msg: 173
Posted: 4/4/2013 9:58:19 AM
You set him up but it could happened for real also and he will act the same . He is not a keeper .Bye , bye .
 Debyduz_
Msg: 174
Posted: 4/4/2013 4:14:00 PM
You realize that the fake profile and misusing someones pictures is a crime?
 i_ski_do_u
Msg: 175
Posted: 4/4/2013 4:31:14 PM
Anyone realize the original post was almost 3 years ago? Since the OP is still on POF, she obviously dumped the guy.
 ladywyatt
Msg: 176
Posted: 4/4/2013 4:34:21 PM
So do you think a fake profile and using someone elses pictures to catch child molesters should be a crime??

Should undercover police asking to buy drugs to catch drug dealers be illegal??

She just used the same method to catch his azz.

The only people who want these methods of catching molesters and drug dealers to be illegal are molesters and drug dealers !! SURPRISE !!!

The only people who have a problem with being checked up on in this manner are......people who have something to hide......WOW, that's a novel idea, isn't it.

If a guy wants to check me like this, I have no problem with it....I have nothing to hide

I think it's sad though that the majority of people who do check on someone like this and catches them, still want to continue the relationship....

Remember, YOU teach others how they can treat YOU.
 Drawesome32
Msg: 177
Posted: 4/4/2013 4:56:16 PM
Drop the scumbag. If you feel the need to explain yourself, tell him the truth. Me, I wouldn't even bother with that. Just drop him and move on with your life. Life is short, don't waste it on people like him.
 SweetSun13
Msg: 178
Posted: 4/4/2013 5:07:36 PM
Well just say it. Say how you caught him and what you plan to do about it. I'd leave.
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 179
Posted: 4/4/2013 5:23:03 PM
And this is how the drama starts .
you found out about him which you didnt like . do you think confronting him is going to change him . just dump him and move on.
 dobbie101
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2013 6:22:54 AM
You deserve each other. No I want to change the word "deserve" to merit. Yes you merit one another. Games players. Destructive.
 picaroons
Msg: 181
Posted: 4/6/2013 7:20:03 AM
To be honest, I'm a guy and if he was really into you he wouldn't think or say yes to this temptation. I met this girl on POF and she is one that I would be loyal to. I think a good test a guy or girl can ask is, if this situation would arise (a hotty from the opposite sex) would I be able to say no?

If you don't know that you will say no then it's not a good sign even though you probably won't be in that situation. A bit manipulative on your part...maybe you could have talked to him and hinted you were on to him...that would either make him fess up or change his ways realizing what a great thing he's got.

Hope this helps...
 ManOfAdventure28
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2013 3:31:27 AM
What should you do? How do you tell your bf that you caught him?

Simple. You don't. I want you to assume this girls identity. Have plastic surgery to look exactly like her. Immerse yourself in her personality. Befriend someone from the CIA and have them create a background for this girl. Social security numbers, the works. Then meet your bf.

Chances are he will be sooo intent on bedding the "new" you that he will forget about the "old" you. When you're having sex with him, whisper in his ear your real name and watch his eyes go wild. Hold on and ride it out.
 wherever_may_go
Msg: 183
Posted: 4/7/2013 12:52:01 PM
Oh snap! The trouble people get into when dating. I'm so glad I'm free of all that nonsense.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 184
Posted: 4/7/2013 9:17:55 PM

I think a good test a guy or girl can ask is, if this situation would arise (a hotty from the opposite sex) would I be able to say no?

Exactly. I don't think what she did was wrong. I think if someone has Reasonable suspicion, that's fair game. Again, REASONABLE suspicion. If I'm dating a girl who does that with No Reasonable suspicion, after we've been exclusive, I'm creeped out by it and would have trust issues with her. But if she laid things out how she was suspicious and it made sense due to unfortunate & bad-looking circumstances, then I'd be cool with it and GLAD she did it because it would give her peace of mind.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >