Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > New Anti-Rape Condom      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 .dej
Msg: 26
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape CondomPage 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Wow, some of these comments are pretty worrying. Rapists don't walk around with the word tattooed on their foreheads. Most often they're family members, coworkers, lovers, friends, ect. People that you thought you could trust, at least enough to not rape you.

And the thought that rape is a rare occurrence in the "civilized world" is just laughable.

1 in 6 American women and 1 in 33 American men will be sexually assaulted in their lifetime.

God dammit, I knew some screwball would seize on that and completely miss the point.

Do you realize what you're saying? The snag insert was created because in third-world countries, being raped is an everyday worry. Not the "elderly family member betraying your trust and convincing you to submit", but a "strange men could jump out of nowhere and wrestle you to the ground and brutalize you". Not a "there is a something-teen percent chance this could happen in my lifetime", but a "there is a good chance this could happen to me today". These are societies where men are told that they can cure HIV if they have sex with a virgin. When you look at something like this objectively, rape is relatively extremely rare in first-world countries. In the United States or Canada, you can walk down a dark alley on a daily basis and feel a little uncomfortable because you're afraid of the dark. In countries this product was designed for, that is an experience you very well might not even survive.

In first world countries we have a rule of law vehemently opposed to rape (and in favor of the woman's word), and there is a social stigma for rapists (they very well not survive incarceration because even the worst convicts don't approve). Merely being accused of rape in the West can ruin a man's life. In developing countries, it is a part of life growing up for young women, and often a young man accused of rape may go free because someone may decide the girl was "asking for it". When you read an article about a product designed for an African country, and see someone comparing it to a first-world country saying it isn't appropriate because rape is rather rare here (and of a completely different nature), actually stop and think about what is being said, instead of jumping on your soapbox and crying foul because someone tickled an emotional response in you.

People, I swear...
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 27
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/23/2010 3:01:50 PM
yeah, I can see girls/women having this in, and ;forgetting ' about it or forgetting to take it out before getting passionate with their boyfriend or husband..nice.

have heard of women forgetting they have a tampon in before getting at it and having that shoved in deep by their partner;s penis so assume this could work that way too.

like people with home-protection guns, half of them have a better chance of shooting a family member or themselves than a burglar or some such.

VV

That's more like "people who live with people with home-protection guns who don't secure their weapons from unauthorized use".

which is probably a good percentage of them?

VVVV
 .dej
Msg: 28
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/23/2010 3:19:00 PM

like people with home-protection guns, half of them have a better chance of shooting a family member or themselves than a burglar or some such.

That's more like "people who live with people with home-protection guns who don't secure their weapons from unauthorized use".
 arwen52
Msg: 29
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/23/2010 7:35:22 PM

Should a man be cheating on his wife and she discovered it, she could get even with one last offer of sex.

Wouldn't that be considered some sort of assault?

So . . . what? A woman is supposed to walk around all the time with one of these things inside of her? I mean, rape isn't something you know is going to happen to you ahead of time. I think it's pretty bizarre. I think if I were living in, say, Rwanda when all the sh*t was going down and women were being raped wholesale then yeah . . . except then the guy would probably be so p*ssed he'd cut your head off, which is what happened to hundreds of thousands of people.

I don't think it's a very good idea. Carry a can of hot pepper spray in your hand if you don't feel safe.
 That Handy Man
Msg: 30
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/23/2010 7:55:55 PM
Reminds me of an article my Sister once enthusiastically showed me. A rubber tube, with some sort of cup strapped to a woman's vulva, which would enable her to pee standing up!

Yeah, that really caught on!

Come to think of it, if a rapist saw that, he would probably rethink his intentions!
 anonymouslyme
Msg: 31
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/23/2010 8:17:26 PM

Come to think of it, if a rapist saw that, he would probably rethink his intentions!
LOL the idea of this just cracks me up.... and I bet you're right, it may be an effective deterrent. Or maybe take a marker and draw yourself a particularly nasty looking rash... I know I wouldn't wanna go there.
 MsMicki
Msg: 32
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/23/2010 8:55:47 PM

And for those who say, well it's a good way to get yourself killed, I ask you: Have you ever lived through a rape yourself? Have you ever had to testify after being raped at a trial? I don't know the numbers, but I'm pretty sure a large number of raped women are also murdered, a large number of rapists never get caught or go free because the women simply can not testify, it's to traumatic. Any device that opens a door for my daughters to escape is worth the potential risks that already exist. If a woman is being raped I'm pretty sure the chances of her being murdered are extremely high at that moment.

Yes........lived through a rape.
Yes........ testified at trial
Wanna know why?
I wasn't stupid enough to enrage my rapist to the point of him killing me.
Sure......some kill after the rape.......but guess what?......that was their intentions to start with.
Rape isn't about sex......it is about control.
Take away his inability to control you sexually.......he will look for another way to control you.
Not all rapists are murderers.....but this device could very well turn a rapist into a murderer.
Hell........hooks in your penis could turn any man into a murderer!

I personally, am all for it.

So stick one up your rear and tell us how that works out for ya!
As you might have noticed.....not one vagina owner here has agreed with it.
(only exceptions is if we were to move to a country where we faced a daily risk)

I understand the need to protect your daughters.......but a better way would be to
have them trained by professionals on how to react to a sexual assualt.
 want to travel
Msg: 33
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/23/2010 10:52:56 PM
rape is grossly exagerated, i do not think half of the so called rape in north america is real, its used all to often by women that have sex with men, women that sleep around, only to have the man go away after he gets what he wants, the woman feels used and cries rape
as for africa , i know i lived there african women are all too ready to have sex with anybody, rape in africa is fiction
 want to travel
Msg: 34
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/23/2010 10:55:41 PM
with the amount of bitter ,jaded and miserable women, i could see how such a tool could be used just to hurt innocent men
 anonymouslyme
Msg: 35
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/23/2010 11:42:12 PM

i know i lived there african women are all too ready to have sex with anybody, rape in africa is fiction
I think this is the most callous disregard for some of the most brutal and horriffic crimes against humanity in modern history, that I have ever seen. May whomever take mercy on your soul.
 nipoleon
Msg: 36
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/24/2010 2:06:00 AM
All of this is nothing but speculative fantasizing.
Burglar alarm companies make a fortune selling people on a fantasy
about keeping their homes safe. The gun companies make money selling
a fantasy about self protection.
In actuality, simple common sense and very inexpensive precautions will
keep you safer than thousands of dollars of guns, phony alarm systems and impractical rape prevention devices .
 BlueEyedGuy1974
Msg: 37
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/24/2010 2:19:59 AM
Now I'm not a woman

But I can probably say that not one woman on here or anywhere. Knew that they were going to be raped, or feel they might get raped in the future if they haven't been. A woman doesn't go on a date or go out thinking "I feel like I'm going to be raped tonight." If she is thinking that then she probably won't be going out.

So this device only works if there is a premonition that she might get raped.

Of course a woman might use it for the off chance that she might get raped during her daily activities. But does that mean she would have to wear it every time she went out. Every time she went to work. Every time she went shopping. Chances are she is going to forget at some point or be too busy to insert. And it could be on that one time that she does get raped.

If a woman uses it for a date. That means before the date she has decided not to have sex. What if during the date she changes her mind, she then forgets about it because well she is so horny she can't think straight.

No I feel this device is stupid it leaves way to many possibilities for problems to arise.
 nipoleon
Msg: 38
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/24/2010 2:30:51 AM
By the way..... what's a woman to do when she's on her period and she really
needs a tampon there ?
Should she risk going out into the dangerous world, or abscond herself at home
for a week ?

Ever noticed, under the guise of protection, there's always an unspoken subliminal
motive of more subjugation of women ?
 That Handy Man
Msg: 39
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/24/2010 9:09:38 AM
^^^^ I'm in the security business. Yes, my industry is largly about BS! My favorite is the large national company TV ad, showing a house covered with moving (digital) ones and zeroes, implying some total and complete blanket of protection! What a false sense of security! It's all about marketing and recurring revenue!

In my perfect world, there would be no mercy for sexual or violent perpetrators! Castrations and capital punishment, would be the norm. Especially, when it comes to children, and no Church would (or could) afford protection to those coksuckers in flea collars!

There would be equally severe penalties for anyone falsely accusing someone of such crimes! Sure, there would be the occasional misjustice, but the end result would be well worth it. $150,000 a year it costs to keep someone incarcerated in Canada! Who is REALLY getting punished?
 want to travel
Msg: 40
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/24/2010 9:48:46 AM
rape is a crime of violence, afican women are promiscuous, its there culture, plain and simple, just loke not bathing, the average sub saharan person uses 50 liters a day, in canada we use over 300
its the western religious missionaries that are trying to stop the natural, and cultural promiscuity found in the african woman
i know i have been there, have you.....
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 41
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/24/2010 12:19:42 PM
rape in africa is fictionn
from post # 41

in your esteemed 'wisdom', is this also true when it is rape of a 8 or 9 or 10 year old, girl or boy, as often done by the 'guerilla fighters' of Africa ?

so you've been in Africa, I doubt you've been in the midst of fighting or guerrilla action in the Sudan, Somalia, Sierra Leone, or other garden spots like them..being in Africa for a week or 2 hardly gives you all-knowing wisdom as you seem to think.. or even if it were 10 years , which I doubt. You seem to have this attitude that because you have traveled to a number of countries to as you claim, you have this all-knowing, detailed, omniscient knowledge about everything in every one of them - or is it just the aryan thing?

perhaps too bad it wasn't YOU that was gang-raped and you might have a different opinion..
 want to travel
Msg: 42
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/24/2010 12:55:11 PM
i lived and worked for a human rights organization, for half a year
if you really would have lived there you would be agreeing with me
africans are have all kinds of sex, whenever they feel like it
it has nothing to do with me being white, its there culture, and there culture, even if different then my own, is a culture, we in the west should learn to accept them as they are, and not try and impose our western ideas on them
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 43
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/24/2010 3:51:11 PM
^^

so like I asked, this applies equally to the rape of 8 -year olds in your opinion?

because, 7, 8 & 9 year olds get raped in Africa (& elsewhere for that matter, even in Europe & N. America) -you can't pass that off as a 'cultural' issue

if that's their 'culture', that culture should die

the 8 year olds really want the sex? (according to you) ?

sounds sick to me man, that's what pedo's always argue.."she (7 year old girl) "came on to me, man"..
 _Icon_
Msg: 44
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/24/2010 3:56:57 PM
Aint no frakin way I'm sticking anything with teeth up in my hoo hoo.

I got a gun and I aint afraid to use it.
 .dej
Msg: 45
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/24/2010 3:57:44 PM
afican women are promiscuous

Promiscuous or not, if she doesn't want it, it's still rape. Even if she did want it with 30 other guys. Your posting here is idiotic (and I'm referring to more than your appalling spelling). I don't care what group you worked for and where you did it. You could be an African woman and I wouldn't care. The statistics are clear, and they beyond a doubt transcend what you have seen with your own eyes, no matter who you are. Rape is an enormous problem in sub-Saharan African countries. And it doesn't matter how promiscuous the woman is, rape is still rape.

Aint no frakin way I'm sticking anything with teeth up in my hoo hoo.

I got a gun and I aint afraid to use it.

I like your style.
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 46
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/24/2010 4:03:34 PM
^^ good point, the 'promiscuous' argument as advanced by some (one) is scary

same guy spouts off all the time about how N. American women are all not into./not good at sex.. methinks the heart of a racist, aryan beats deep inside

this guy probably thought he had the 'divine right' to stick his willy into any African woman he chose to do so... and because of the 'culture of promiscuity' it was all right

they "really wanted it"..'no means yes sometimes'?

"cultural superiority" ?
 The Ogre of POF
Msg: 47
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/24/2010 4:08:54 PM
Who cares if you have lived there. Who cares how many of them you paid for sex or had sex with you because they thought you'd get them out of there. That is not the topic of this discusion. The discusion centers around this anti-rape condom primarily and the sub-topic is the rape of women. Yes, the rates of rape in Africa do play a huge part of this, as that is where the product was developed and is mainly utilized.

To say, well a certain demographic of African women are promiscuous so they deserve it is disgusting to say the least. I don't care if a woman just did a gang bang with 1500 guys, if she says no to the next guy, then it friggin' means no. And if she happens to have this device and he sticks his mini-willy in her, then he deserves what he gets.

Yes, it's a different culture. Yes, they have their own way of doing things. But that does NOT mean that rape is an excusable offense.
 anonymouslyme
Msg: 48
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/24/2010 7:46:30 PM

Yes, it's a different culture. Yes, they have their own way of doing things.
Indeed they do... like female genital mutilation, which approximately three million young African girls under the age of fifteen can look forward to this year.... This "medical procedure" is often performed with broken glass, or a sharp piece of tin, whatever's lying around really. The remove the child's clitorus, because in their culture, women are not supposed to enjoy sex. They're simply expected to perform when commanded by the men. Additionally, they regularly sew the vagina shut completely, save for a small hole to allow for urination and menstral flow, to be ripped open fircibly by their husband on their wedding night... after all, African men need to know they're marrying virgins.

Promiscuous? How about resigned to the fact that they have less value than livestock in the eyes of the men, and their own government, and aware of the horrific consequences they'll face if they do not comply?
 BlueEyedGuy1974
Msg: 49
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/25/2010 2:52:46 AM
Or kick him in the nuts until he is practically dead. I know if I was a woman I sure as hell wouldn't think twice about doing that.
 want to travel
Msg: 50
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/25/2010 5:47:17 AM
i have noticed most of my critics are from the good old USA, americans are arrogant
most of them think there culture is perfect and its best for all the people of other cultures to be well... like americans, take haiti for example, most of the countries of the world gave them aid, medicine food water and shelter, the americans... preachers, religious fanatics, that kidnaped children from the arms of there mothers, oh and not to forget soldiers to keep the peace, and rape and buy girls, some as young as 5 years old!, now the americans are hated there as well.......
what makes americans think they are superior to other cultures
the fact that 57% of married women cheat on there husbands, the fact that 36% of all men cheat on there wives, 40% of women have babies without husbands, america is in so much debt to china and other countries, if the debt would be called in , the country would look like a very poor mexico
no health care for the poor,1% owns as much wealth as the other 99% of the population
crime in all the big cities,the gulf was and is not being ruined because of BP, its being ruined by your gov, for not having proper regulations
look at yourself americans before you start judging african culture, its been like that there since time itself!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > New Anti-Rape Condom