Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > New Anti-Rape Condom      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 want to travel
Msg: 51
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape CondomPage 3 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
look honestly, i have my green card, and all of my moms family lives in the states
we do not depend on the usa, we are a country rich with natural resourses , we can and would sell them to others
as far as the american armed forces are concerned , when was the last war they won,i guess that would be the spanish american war,irak has a smaller population then we do, how much longer before the americans can say they won that war another 10 years 20.....
i used to travel to the states in march every year, i love north carolina, the smoky s
in march the temp was 60, to 70 and that was too cold for the americans to camp in
but since your president bush, and his hostility towards canadians i have not gone
by the way, canada has mostly the same ideas as americans do about africa and her age old culture, so sorry for ragging on the usa
 grizzelda
Msg: 52
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/25/2010 6:55:14 AM
But as the women have said here, in a nutshell, education is the best way to deal with rape.

Again, this device is marketed for Africa, where the vast majority of female children dont even get to go to school. How do you suggest they educate on this issue? Keep this device in context of where the target market is. Frankly I cannot imagine the fear that these women deal with that they feel that this is something that they need to use. I dont imagine any one else on these boards does either....

Do not even think that "wants to travel" represents Canadians, he is obviously suffering from some sort of mental defect or is incredible ignorant.
 cuban delite
Msg: 53
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/25/2010 7:13:20 AM
wow....living every minute in a fearful state, doesnt seem like the way I would want to live.....can you say paranoia

I think I will take my chances and teach my child that most people in the world, while they may seem odd , are just trying to get by...just like us!!
 grizzelda
Msg: 54
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/25/2010 7:26:11 AM
^^^^^^^^^^I am not suggesting that education isnt what is needed. My point is that since a large percentage of the victims do not have access to organized education there needs to be other ways to prevent this from happening.
 StatlerandWaldorf
Msg: 55
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/25/2010 8:50:42 AM
Want to travel has been shopping around for stereotypes and decided to spring for the ever so romantic 'Noble Savage' for all of Africa, and 'Evil Bullying Den of Iniquity' for the USA (with a 'Women are Gold-Digging Lousy Lays' add-on). And amazingly he knows everything about every country he's ever visited.

I do agree with him about there being many many negative aspects of colonial imperialism, but I also believe in speaking out in solidarity with, and taking appropriate action for, oppressed people wherever in the world they may be. To deny that women (and children and infants) are being raped in 'Africa' is astoundingly ignorant and regressive.

Slightly back on topic: as many people have been pointing out, violence against women is a problem everywhere, but it is not happening the same way in South Africa as it is here. The rape condom is just one tool for women to use to protect themselves; it seems as though it is much more worthwhile for a woman to wear one in SA, where she would have few other resources at her disposal, than in Canada/US, where it would be more of an absolute last line of defense. (Way down the list after things such as pepper spray (or wasp spray!), self-defense training, a cell phone to call 911, money to take a taxi home instead of walking, a gun, fellow citizens who know that sex with virgins doesn't cure HIV, etc - all sorts of things us Western ladies have that poor black women in South Africa don't.)
 .dej
Msg: 56
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/25/2010 9:34:53 AM

i have noticed most of my critics are from the good old USA, americans are arrogant
most of them think there culture is perfect and its best for all the people of other cultures to be well... like americans, take haiti for example, most of the countries of the world gave them aid, medicine food water and shelter, the americans... preachers, religious fanatics, that kidnaped children from the arms of there mothers, oh and not to forget soldiers to keep the peace, and rape and buy girls, some as young as 5 years old!, now the americans are hated there as well.......
what makes americans think they are superior to other cultures
the fact that 57% of married women cheat on there husbands, the fact that 36% of all men cheat on there wives, 40% of women have babies without husbands, america is in so much debt to china and other countries, if the debt would be called in , the country would look like a very poor mexico
no health care for the poor,1% owns as much wealth as the other 99% of the population
crime in all the big cities,the gulf was and is not being ruined because of BP, its being ruined by your gov, for not having proper regulations
look at yourself americans before you start judging african culture, its been like that there since time itself!

Without getting into the frustration that would be pointing out the complete nonsense that was every point in this post, all it was was a giant red herring to distract from the point you got called out on being full of nonsense on the point before this (that it isn't rape if she's a little slutty). At least you got off that argument.
 REDDRAGON.
Msg: 57
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/25/2010 11:20:11 AM

Should a man be cheating on his wife and she discovered it, she could get even with one last offer of sex.

So, what is everyone's input on this? Good, bad, indifferent.

Edit: I'd add in a link to the news releases on it, but not sure that's allowed. If you google it you will find it though.

PUU-lease get serious......it will never fly at least not world wide.

who looks for this kinda chit?? I mean really.

if I had daughters I'd have my very own anti-date rape condom called you have to meet my father first before going on a date and he shows you his double barreled sawed off shot gun.

get a grip!
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 58
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/25/2010 11:07:33 PM
Flashing my gun never worked. These red necks are like cool~
What worked was "Mom please dont take my phone, not the phone"~
including the house phone from the jack.

That was date control till mine hit about 16. Then they firgure out from the other kids its leagal to run away and as long as you call you cant be listed as a missing person.

Mine are married. I survived the trauma of teen age girls. Now if they survive the trauma of a single Mom going mid life crazy we will live to see...... (he he he he).
 want to travel
Msg: 59
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/25/2010 11:42:39 PM
i spent 5 years in europe (romania, in the orphanages),and ivory coast with an american human rights foundation, based in new york, 5 years of charity work! 5 years of my life!
any body here do that.......it was really hard work, emotionally and with very little reward
people just do not understand what is normal here is not normal there, in africa its a totally different culture, one that cab bit be understood with western eyes and our mentality
things will improve when we try and understand there culture and work within it
education would be great, but trying to force feed them, our western ideas just does not work
 .dej
Msg: 60
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/26/2010 12:00:02 AM
^Nobody cares how many times you say you traveled a lot. No matter your justification, rape (forcibly taken sex) is a major problem in Africa, and it's not something women are just cool with there. Period. It's not just a product of a "different" culture. It is a product of poverty and lack of education. Similar things happen in other parts of the world where poverty and education are a problem. You can't see the forest for the trees. And it's painful to try and read your posts through the haze of misspellings and awful grammar.

How about if the man in pain kills or hurts the woman. I can imagine the defense lawyer is playing a big theatrical scene in court and say when he was in severe pain he lost all power of reasoning.

Man, that's a good point. Why didn't anyone else come up with that?
 want to travel
Msg: 61
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/26/2010 12:39:32 AM
talk about awful grammar, have you ever hear of a coma it looks like this ',' ot is tour friend use it
since when does a sentence start with ...and
looks like you missed some english classes lol
me i am french canadian, french is my first language
 anonymouslyme
Msg: 62
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/26/2010 2:19:23 AM

talk about awful grammar, have you ever hear of a coma it looks like this ',' ot is tour friend use it
No, a coma looks like a person lying in a hospital bed, unconscious... a comma looks like this ,

But I'm confuzzled....Is a tour friend like a roadie for a band, or more of a groupie?
 marisia
Msg: 63
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/26/2010 8:34:15 AM
To wear it 24/7 you would need to change it 4 hourly to prevent infection and toxic shock. How do the ladies in th e 3rd world pay for this? How they access it.

If its a group.rape then the others would probably kill the girl.
 marisia
Msg: 64
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/26/2010 8:39:14 AM
Interesting. Love to travel. You have worked in charities in 3rd world but have developed no compassion or understanding.

I can be pretty sure when you post its going to be unbelievable rubbish. Usually I skip your comments, pity I read this one.
 .dej
Msg: 65
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/26/2010 9:24:51 AM

since when does a sentence start with ...and
looks like you missed some english classes lol

It's spelled "comma". And you ironically told me I needed to use a comma (I used several in the post you replied to) in a run-on sentence (a comma could've fixed that). Yet none of my sentences needed an extra comma. And sentences grammatically can start with "and" (check it out, yo), but should be done so sparingly.
 MsMicki
Msg: 66
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/26/2010 9:56:34 AM
We need signs here that say don't feed the trolls!!

Back on topic......I think most are in agreement.......that the bad outweighs the good on this product.

Yes, this may be usable in 3rd World Countries......where the daily threat would make it a viable option.
But I still believe p!ssing of a rapist isn't a good idea.
 .dej
Msg: 67
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/26/2010 10:19:17 AM
I honestly feel like more women should be introduced to firearms at a young age so they do not see them as evil bad guy tools and understand how to responsibly handle them, should be taught how to use them, and should carry them easily accessible whenever possible. If she never has to use it in her life, then A+. If she has to, then that sucks but at least she had the opportunity to defend herself.

After thugs get the idea that just because women are smaller doesn't make them an easy target, we might see even that low current rape rate we have now set new records for lows. Someone realizing that committing this kind of crime means they are taking their life into their own hands against stiff odds can be quite a disincentive.

Coincidentally I think guys should also be prepared to defend themselves (most violent crime is against men), but sticking to topic...
 _Icon_
Msg: 68
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/26/2010 10:26:30 AM
Many years ago I was out late with friends. They dropped me off in the front circle of my apartment complex after a night out.

I was walking through the complex when a man spoke to me. I am not in the habit of speaking to strange men at 3 am, so I passed him and went into my apartment.

I had a gut feeling....

I opened the door, locked it and went to my bedroom where my gun was. As I was coming back down the hallway to my living room, he started beating on my door.

I got into position, and prepared myself.

He kicked my door down and entered the room. I leveled my gun, took aim right between his eyes and asked him "What do you want?"

I'll never know because he ran out of there like a bat out of hell. I didn't pursue. I called the police, the landlord and then I called dozens of my neighbors. I had so many cop cars out there it looked like Christmas.

I was prepared to kill him. He would be dead right now if it werent for the simple fact that he was just a little faster than I was.

Thank god he didnt just grab me right off the sidewalk. His mistake was letting me have access to my weapon.

I call my weapon The Equalizer.
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 69
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/26/2010 10:53:22 AM
^^ good story, glad you survived or were not hurt or raped, but as some people have said: precaution can be as good/better than a gun, in this case you were lucky enough to get to your gun, but as you yourself said, that was luck!

Many years ago I was out late with friends. They dropped me off in the front circle of my apartment complex after a night out.

I was walking through the complex when a man spoke to me. I am not in the habit of speaking to strange men at 3 am, so I passed him and went into my apartment.

I had a gut feeling....

probably not a good idea to be walking alone through an apartment complex at 3 a.m., If that was Houston, not the safest city around by what I know/have heard. if you had to be there, could it not have been with a group of friends?

just saying, I mean I know lots of people talk all tough about how they'd love to shoot the balls off some b*stard, get a chance to use their pistol/shotgun/assault rifle/rocket launcher that they've kept around against the day, blow the fukker away.

you know, I'd rather just not even meet that fukker and have to do it..many of the tales (not all) you hear of when people do it involve being in a sketchy situation (bar, late at night, etc.) taking a short cut through a park or dark alley at 4 a.m., etc.

at the least had you blown him away you'd probably be subject to hours of police questioning, maybe even prosecution (at least in Canada, maybe not in TX)

I know you or anyone *SHOULD* be able to go anywhere they want, any time they want, but I deal in reality as opposed to shoulds
 _Icon_
Msg: 70
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/26/2010 10:59:33 AM
No doubt. I suppose my friends should have waited until I was safely indoors, but then he would have seen me anyway and I wouldnt have been prepared.

You can speculate about what happened and try to prevent stuff, but there is always some random factor.

Im always careful about dropping people off now. We live, we learn.

But honestly, many rapes occur in the woman's own home. It doesn't matter where you are.

I don't have a concealed carry license, but as I get older and slightly slower, I'm thinking about it.

P.S. In Texas, they would have given me a medal for shooting him. He was in my apartment. If I had pursued him and killed him, I'd be executed!

Houston is a huge sprawling metropolis. Good areas, bad areas like any major international city. It was a "nice neighborhood". Any large city is going to have some depressing crime stats.

It's staggering to me how many of my friends have been assaulted. I suppose many attacks could have been prevented by doing things differently. I always say I have avoided being assaulted by not taking too many risks, and knowing when to leave. The truth is, it's random

Common sense goes a long way, but criminals are predatory and smart. Nothing and no one is ever really "safe."

I got my Equalizer. That's worked for me in the past. Someone make a "I was mugged" thread and I'll tell you about that one sometime.
 StatlerandWaldorf
Msg: 71
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/26/2010 3:57:07 PM
Here is an interesting article that is tangentially relevant to this thread, about the Congo:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/26/opinion/26iht-edshannon.html

“Cultural relativism legitimizes the violence and discredits the victims, because when you accept rape as cultural, you make rape inevitable,” Ms. Wallstrom explained in a recent opinion essay co-authored with the Norwegian foreign minister, Jonas Gahr Store. “This shields the perpetrators and allows world leaders to shrug off sexual violence as an immutable — if regrettable — truth.”
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 72
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/28/2010 10:39:45 PM
didn't read the whole thread, sorry if this repeats.

i hope these gadgets are bundled with a speculum, because if my gf used one, every lovemaking session would be preceded by a pelvic.
 anonymouslyme
Msg: 73
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/28/2010 11:10:59 PM

i hope these gadgets are bundled with a speculum, because if my gf used one, every lovemaking session would be preceded by a pelvic.
Yum, a man that's not a stranger to foreplay! Maybe finish off with a super sexy colon cleanse?
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 74
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/29/2010 4:09:36 AM
A can of aqua net hair spray to the eyes is blinding..
Sounds like a good way to get a woman killed..

If we are talking about the violent rapes of innocent women/children in African villages? They will just rape them with sticks and guns or worse.

Its about the violence not the sex.

BAD idea.

Gawd

Yum, a man that's not a stranger to foreplay! Maybe finish off with a super sexy colon cleanse?

OMG!! Lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..

Enema enemies..Butt buddies..I am crying here..STOP!!!
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 75
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/30/2010 12:49:37 PM
the condom may not always work. there is more than one type of rape.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > New Anti-Rape Condom