Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > New Anti-Rape Condom      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pingshooter
Msg: 76
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape CondomPage 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
colon cleanse? Butt buddies? Enema enemies?

whooooaaa..
 CooPerson
Msg: 77
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 6/30/2010 11:50:28 PM
I really really REALLY hope... your daughters will have a choice in the matter of weither they use this or not.

Just the fact of a 'father' thinking about his daughter and that particular area of interest, is just disturbing.

If my father would of EVER had a talk or showed interest in me shoving a device into that area... I would seek help to leave home because its not healthy or normal for a father to have those kinds of thoughts or even force his daughter into doing those types of things.
 Herb1953
Msg: 78
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 7/20/2010 5:27:37 AM
Iconoclast is fortunate to live in a US State that doesn't try to disarm law-abiding White people .

Indeed in the First World, I think the anti-rape condom wouldn't be that good of an idea...unless it could also dispense an immediately-incapacitating drug (such as Fentanyl).
 anonymouslyme
Msg: 79
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 7/20/2010 5:19:42 PM

The disgusting bias regarding these crimes makes me sick. The fact people would even suggest this insane idea shows the pure hatred that exists in society towards men and how we'll eventually be eradicated alltogether.
I think the pure hatred you're talking about is directed towards rapists, not men, and in my opinion, the hatred is well deserved.
 StatlerandWaldorf
Msg: 80
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 7/20/2010 5:57:11 PM

It's this stupid reasoning that keeps wars alive with no end in sight.

I really hope you've somehow misunderstood what's being discussed here. You think women and girls not allowing themselves to be raped is what is keeping wars going? Wanting to resist the violent violation of their bodies and freedom, in their own neighbourhoods, and prevent hiv infection, amounts to hatred against men? Maybe you should read the article again?
 Super_Eve
Msg: 81
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 7/20/2010 6:10:25 PM

cw35 said: So you hate violence against people so much that you want to be violent towards them. That's not only completely hypocritical, it solves nothing. Eye for an eye leaves everyone blind. You probably believe in the death penalty since killing people is so wrong too. Defending yourself to save your life is one thing but a premeditated maiming and torture device of pure paranoia rings of a sicker person than a rapist in my opinion. It's this stupid reasoning that keeps wars alive with no end in sight. No one wants to find a better way and everyone just wants their sick revenge. Knowing that people think this way makes it a terrifying world to live in. Allthough most don't think of male genital torture and amputation as anything but a joke anymore so I shouldn't expect a sane opinion I guess. Meanwhile if a female takes advantage of an underaged male and rapes them, it's usually still considered the males fault in some way. Heaven forbid we accuse a woman or suggest these kinds of sick acts against female genitalia. The disgusting bias regarding these crimes makes me sick. The fact people would even suggest this insane idea shows the pure hatred that exists in society towards men and how we'll eventually be eradicated alltogether. The problem is that most men seem stupid enough to actually follow the propaganda out of brainwashing, actually hating themselves and helping to eradicate the male sex even faster.

You are simply going to have to walk me through your reasoning, because I can't find it anywhere...a device that curtails rape somehow ends up in the extinction of the male species...I am lost. No one is threatening your precious peter unless you are intending to rape...

Read the article again...
 anonymouslyme
Msg: 82
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 7/20/2010 7:06:06 PM
^^I've stated before that I'm not an advocate of this device, since I feel it would lead to escalated violence, and likely result in more damage being done to the victim. However, if someone is attempting to violate another in such a vile and dispicable manner as rape, I think he deserves whatever happens to him as a result.

<div class="quote">if this sick way of looking at things is common among most women.Feeling the right to be protected from being violated is sick? Now THAT'S what I find sick and scary, to know there's people who take that position.
 AintNoDeal
Msg: 83
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 7/21/2010 9:52:53 PM
I'm sorry, OP, this device can be defeated with a banana. Really... Any phallic proxy will do -- if the thing went on the market, any paranoid rapist would take precautions. As others have said --- this does NOTHING to prevent the rape, it only causes instant punishment for doing so. Also, it does NOTHING to stop future rape -- castration does not stop the VIOLENCE.

Another insanely inconvenient placebo. Female condoms aren't very popular, either.
=============================
EDIT: I should have read all the posts first -- wolftxusa mentioned the same thing right off the bat!!
 namrael
Msg: 84
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 7/22/2010 4:57:12 AM
CW35:

We have a device that isn't only sick (and can easily be used to harm men out of revenge which is what this is really all about)

Actually, as I understand it, this was designed specifically with a mind to combat rape in South Africa, which has an astronomical rate of rape, the highest in the world (one study found that 1 in 3 women questioned had been raped in the past year, and that more than half of people interviewed thought that saying no to sex really meant yes). It's a mess, and condom usage is limited as well.

So when you think about the purpose for this device, consider where it's coming from: a place where women's bodies are not their own by the view of much of the culture, and where rape is a constant threat. This is an attempt to reclaim women's bodies and sexualities for themselves.

That said: This is dangerous. The idea of death as a consequence is very real; rapes in South Africa often occur by groups of men, and if one man rapes a woman and experiences the rape condom, the others are likely to beat that woman to death. This isn't a serious threat in one-on-one rapes due to the pain caused by the device, but in an attempted gang rape? Not good, and very dangerous, in fact.

I understand where the idea is coming from, but I think this isn't the way to go about it, and I see too many potential consequences (even before the idea of its being used in vengeance, which is certainly a possibility).

OP:

I don't know the numbers, but I'm pretty sure a large number of raped women are also murdered

In this country? False. The vast majority of rapes in this country are date rapes; in many instances, men don't understand that they've raped someone (and sometimes their target doesn't understand that she's been raped, either). In any case, rape followed by murder is a MUCH more rare occurrence than rape alone.

As to use of this device: Do you really want to send your daughters out on dates with the assumption that there will be an attempted rape? That's effectively the mentality you're setting up in having girls wear this on dates; that they need to protect themselves from a world that will harm them, that men are hurtful and not to be trusted, that they should be assumed to be predators. This is already a societal message that women have beaten into them, but to get the degree escalated so much? Do you understand the angst that women already face walking down the street alone? I'd highly recommend reconsidering your stance on this, as I believe the mentality that this would foster would be harmful in itself. A much better idea might be to send them to self-defense classes to empower them, instead of putting them in a presumed victim stance.
 Super_Eve
Msg: 85
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 7/22/2010 3:05:43 PM
Cw35 wrote:

You people are twisted to try and justify somebody using something like this. This is A PREMEDITATED MEANS OF TORTURE. This isn't learning self defense techniques or even grabbing for a gun and shooting an attacker in self defense. This is a VENGEANCE DEVICE. Anyone who uses this should be put in prison along with the rapist because both are crimes and both are sick. If I'm robbed at knifepoint, I have the right to struggle and even stab my attacker in self defense. If my attacker is down and crawling away, I DO NOT have the right to use the knife to saw his hands off so he can't steal anymore. The fact I have to argue about something like this makes me REALLY scared to even be on this site and ashamed to be a human being, if this sick way of looking at things is common among most women. What part of the world and what century do you people think we live in???!! How many sick and twisted women will use this as a means of getting back at their boyfriends. All they have to do is cry rape and they go scott free. I'm really reconsidering dating or trusting anyone ever again if this is what society has come to.

Silly me...I thought that RAPE was a premeditated form of torture...you know...the gift that keeps on giving, in the form of therapy, anti-depressants, anti-anxiety medication, promiscuity, frigidness. The after effects will continue years down the road.

Now if nature made a vagina like this creature? You might have the whole point about vengeance but then rape would happen.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7Q-tD8eW2rE/SB9ttcN_bBI/AAAAAAAABMM/Ul7fWdZXaWk/s400/squid-teeth.jpg

Namrael wrote:

In this country? False. The vast majority of rapes in this country are date rapes; in many instances, men don't understand that they've raped someone (and sometimes their target doesn't understand that she's been raped, either). In any case, rape followed by murder is a MUCH more rare occurrence than rape alone.

Much respect Namrael, but we must have conflicting research. The women of that country know that they are raped, hence the high reports.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1906000,00.html

And rape and murder is not rare...I found this and many other accounts:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/385373.stm
 Super_Eve
Msg: 86
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 7/22/2010 3:24:47 PM

It will eradicate Male rapists not man kind. If you are going to stick your unwanted penis in me, expect a bite!.
I can understand that it could be abused though. What if a woman decided to get her revenge on an ex?..She could scream rape and have the proof of the used tampon willy grabber for evidence :shock:

Be honest...have you ever wanted to get that close to an ex? Like close enough to kiss him and be convincing that you were really into him in order to administer a snapper with teeth?

I cannot be that duplicitous! Neither could you, I bet! Neither could most women!

Who have some of these men been dating?

Not to say that some women are not capable of this... *shudders*

But we are talking about South Africa, and the women there don't always have the same legal recourse that we do here in the west and rape is very common...it is an extreme answer to an extreme problem that education isn't making a dent.

Just some thoughts.
 Super_Eve
Msg: 87
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 7/22/2010 4:34:48 PM
@ cw35

Ambien: Try reading a WHOLE post.

Good gawd, why didn't I think of that, because then I would have the luxury of receiving all of your hyperbole.

Maybe you would have seen where I said the victim would be as sick as the attacker so obviously nobody is saying that rape isn't horrible.

What you are saying is that the victim would be as sick as the rapist if they wore this condom. I am unclear about your solution to the rape crisis of South Africa.

The issue here is the sickness of the whole eye for an eye attitude and actually legalizing torture devices for public use.

The difference between yours and mine's perspective is that I don't see it as a revenge tool but rather a last resort method to prevent a possible brutal assault.

Dragging the guilt trip into the arguement to deflect the true issue here is low.

Dragging the whole, "this is a sick because it is a revenge device" is deflecting from the true issue the rampant rape crises in South Africa. But to be fair, the Op worded the premise in a way that it could go in very many directions...

There are some thick twisted people in this thread. Seriously no hope for mankind from where I sit.

Meh. Are the thick and twisted people the ones who disagree with you? That would be telling.

This isn't even a country where you get raped 6 times an hour if you dare to walk outside (which supposedly this torture device was made for).

I am not sure if you are talking about South Africa or a western country. I think that this condom may possibly be appropriate in a place where the reported rapes are this high, but not necessarily here in the west, where I think it should be illegal.

namrael
Msg: 88
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 7/22/2010 5:05:29 PM

Much respect Namrael, but we must have conflicting research. The women of that country know that they are raped, hence the high reports.

I was referring to the US when I said "this country". Sorry, given that I'd been discussing South Africa, I should have made that more clear.
 StatlerandWaldorf
Msg: 89
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 7/22/2010 6:14:16 PM
Pre-meditated torture device? The world does not revolve around your penis. This is something invented for women to protect themselves. I'd be very surprised if any of them were glad of the chance to use it. If you have any better suggestions about how to effectively protect oneself against rape, I'm sure the poor, young, uneducated women of South Africa would love to hear it.
 anonymouslyme
Msg: 90
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 7/22/2010 6:22:15 PM

Dragging the guilt trip into the arguement to deflect the true issue here is low.
I agree, trying to make women feel guilty for protecting themselves from being brutally violated is pretty low. Let's not forget, 'the issue' is rape, and potentially being able to protect one's self from enduring such trauma.
Msg: 91
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 7/22/2010 9:27:29 PM
Nothing should be in your vagina 24 hours a day,7 days a week and 365 days a year.Anyway it may prevent a rape but it will anger the rapist to the point of possibly killing his victim.

Bad idea.
 happygal_28
Msg: 92
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 7/23/2010 6:29:05 PM
I read all of page 1 and 5 - finally a new topic that is not bludgeoned to death! I agree with selendraco 100%, esp. on point #1! Cant comment on pages 2-4 but I think this is a really interesting invention that could make a lot of young women or adult women less anxious, especially those who have had "bad experiences". As the mom of a teen girl, I applaud the OP for sharing this info, although I suspect this item will not be available in Canada, nor would I promote my daughter to actually use it. After all, a parent's fear should only be respectfully conveyed to the child without freaking her out!!
 wolftxusa
Msg: 93
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 7/23/2010 10:40:44 PM
"To the guy who suggested a banana can disable it... WHAT THE HELL..... I'm sorry do you know many rapists that carry a banana to "test the waters" ?? Give me a break, the LAST thing on a rapist mind is to check to see a vagina has teeth."
As one of the guys who mentioned it, I'll repeat what I said to a similar reply: If this condom is used by many, the rapists would likely adopt, much like burglars have likely evolved from a simple wire to a fancy lockpicker and like bank robbers know more about safes and alarms than in the Wild West. Just guessing, because I am neither of the above. Replace the natural banana (for practical reasons) with a dildo that does not squish in your pocket - same principle. They can 'snap the mousetrap' first, then the defense is gone. Another poster mentioned that the rapist could force her fingers in there first, iirc...

Ex sex is pretty common, be it out of hate, for old times sake or because THAT part was good. Two people may not be a good romantic couple, but their sex life may be intense and they keep doing it for a while longer. It just takes one time to act out revenge with this device. Between misuse and forgetfulness it can be dangerous... It's hard to prove in some cases whether the penis 'is wanted'.
 sarniafairyboy
Msg: 94
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 7/27/2010 11:03:17 AM

2 Assault by penetration
(1) A person (A) commits an offence if—
(a) HE intentionally penetrates the vagina or anus of another person (B)
with a part of his body or anything else,
(b) the penetration is sexual,
(c) B does not consent to the penetration, and
(d) A does not reasonably believe that B consents.

You will note the very specific gender inflection in this section of the act... because it very clearly only applies to MALES, and whilst a MAN can be charged under these provisions of "Assault by penetration" - a woman CANNOT, full stop.

So let's go back to what I originally said...

The device is an offensive weapon if used purposefully to injure another person when that person is not guilty of non-consensual penetration - either because the woman using the device has forgotten it's inserted, is too drunk or too high on drugs to remember it's inserted, or uses the device to specifically and vindictively ensnare a male for reasons peculiar, or known only, to herself...

Can't you see the connection between the device and my points? Or is it that you just don't want to?

in my experience legal text often uses the pronoun "he" in the universal sense to mean any human being, man or woman, as so much writing in the English language does

It can be awkward to always use "he or she" or "s/he" or other attempts at being gender-inclusive.
 Yew4ics
Msg: 95
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 12/20/2011 5:33:01 AM
I guess this can also hook the finger of a rapist, if he decides to probe her that way first? I read all these posts, and have not seen one viewpoint that sells me on this device. I do imagine alot of women being harmed and killed by an enraged rapist. I can also see how some women might use it as a source for revenge. As much as I would like to see rapists get caught and brought to justice, I do not want to see victims become victimized more than they already are. Geezus, in some cultures, women who are raped are being frikkin arrested for it. It is often HER crime because she must have done something to lure or entice the poor b*stard. They look for reasons to punish and execute women in these countries. This may be the perfect tool to use for that. So I'm giving this idea a bit fat thumbs down.
 Yew4ics
Msg: 96
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 12/20/2011 5:37:32 AM

But if you think about it, the guy would be in so much pain he would probably pass out or get a shock and just lose control of the situation, giving the girl enough time to escape.

Well that depends. an adrenaline rush can bring on alot of energy and action to go with it. The key word you used is "probably"...we just dont know.
 ted61
Msg: 97
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 12/20/2011 7:53:25 AM
How about a device inserted into the vagina with a centered needle (pointed out) that was connected to a vial of anesthetic that would inject an anesthetic into the penis when the rapist pushed in. The anesthetic would rapidly put the rapist to "sleep" thus protecting the woman from harm. Another shot administered by hospital personell would be required to "wake up" the rapist.

A short flexible hollow plastic sheath inserted and resting on the cervix. The sheath would prevent the needle from "sticking" the vagina. The rapist thrusting in would compress the soft sheath and inject the anesthetic. Damm, I'm a genius!
 Yew4ics
Msg: 98
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 12/20/2011 9:18:02 AM

In a one-on-one situation, I think the woman will be fine, I think he'll be in too much pain to care, and you will be able to run away. I am not saying fight just run. The moment he feels the barbs he'll want to pull out and away to inspect what the hell is causing him pain which gives the victim enough time to run away... and if he comes after you, he still has the same weak spot.

That would only work, if we are going to assume the rapist wont give her a beating first, to subdue her, before he actually begins the rape. A close freind of mine was raped in her own home. She fell asleep with her headphones on ( that's a mistake) and didn't hear the intruder who came in, and beat her senseless, then raped her with a gun held to her temple. Running from a wounded rapist would not have been an option for her. She was barely conscious.
 Lookingforsalmon
Msg: 99
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 12/20/2011 12:28:22 PM
How is it inserted or removed safely so that it does not harm the woman?
 Pingshooter
Msg: 100
view profile
History
New Anti-Rape Condom
Posted: 12/20/2011 3:11:04 PM

I noticed how many of you complain about the girl being murdered because of this condom. But if you think about it, the guy would be in so much pain he would probably pass out or get a shock and just lose control of the situation, giving the girl enough time to escape.

Some of these 'animals', in human form, get angrier with pain. I've seen men pepper sprayed, dog piled, baton struck, and they shrugged/tossed it all off.

I have yet to see anyone NOT react to the Taser, however. I know there are some who will not, but none the less..

My point?

Inflicting pain on some, causes a violent reaction of striking back..which could harm or be fatal to the victim.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > New Anti-Rape Condom