Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Never Cheated and Never Will? Claim it &Tell Us Why..?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Double Cabin
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Never Cheated and Never Will? Claim it &Tell Us Why..?Page 4 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
Because my mother was one of four Catholic sisters, one a Mother Superior. Because my father was one of four Methodist brothers to put his life on the line for his country and to dishonor anyone would dishonor their honor of their service and the lives they subsequently lead. Because I see adressing problems and moving on if I have to to be better than completely disrespecting someone that had given themself to me. In the end I simply do my level best not to be an ass.
 pauly2424
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Never Cheated and Never Will? Claim it &Tell Us Why..?
Posted: 12/8/2005 9:22:33 PM
mmm great question...well..had a g/f back in my teens that cheated on me and i got pretty pi**ed off and it just reminded me of my dad doing that to my mom and the look on my mom's face said it all...it's a rotton thing to do to someone and I never would want to put that look on someones face when they find out you cheated,so I never have.

ps..i've been accused of it before and the hurt i got from that was as painfull as finding out the ex cheated on me
 HB2
Msg: 78
Posted: 12/11/2005 9:59:49 PM
never have
never will
it just hurts too damn bad
 _goodguy
Msg: 79
view profile
History
bored and lonely like always
Posted: 12/12/2005 6:39:13 PM
Simple, I wouldn't cheat because, when I'm in a loving relationship, I have no need or desire to cheat-there's nothing more important to me than the love of that special person. Also, honesty is a crucial element of my pride and self-respect.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2005 6:13:39 PM
I never hung around long enough for it to be a serious consideration. For all the problems I may or may not have in this life I could not possibly have hoped to have been given a better childhood and with it a sense of respectfull place. I've got my own interests, considering the ramifications of betraying a trust seems counterproductive to those interests as well as those of a woman in question.
 Lethguy26
Msg: 81
Posted: 12/15/2005 7:48:43 PM
you can't say never will... you can't predict the future... sometimes situations just get out of control... the only way to ensure that doesn't happen is not by letting yourself get into those situations... but that is much easier said than done... i also have never cheated... i have been tempted on occasion but i hope that i never will... i've been cheated on several times and it feel horrible... but i still can't say i never will... just that i have no intention of cheating and i hope i never do to someone what i have had done to me
 kitsguy4u
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2005 11:18:36 AM
Never have and never will. Been cheated on and I know how painful it is. I would never and could never do that to someone. Best to break up before you start with someone else.
 NeoRaijin
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2005 11:21:48 AM
Because I've been cheated on (my ex cheated on me with a guy once, and a girl for 3 months) and it hurts like hell. Id never put anyone through that
 wellpreserved
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2006 3:04:00 PM
thank god men like you are out there! i appreciate the respect you show women. good karma comin your way for sure.
 sunnyhelena
Msg: 87
Posted: 2/23/2006 8:23:39 PM
Hi I just happened on this and love your dog picture.

I don't like this forum since everyone checks your posts when they look at the profile....i think alot of people think about it more than they admit....
 dave1234
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2006 12:55:43 PM

(Msg 352) men cheat for two reasons
1. Low self esteem issues ( wants to prove to himself/his mates he is a ladies man)
2. he isnt getting what he wants at home or enough of it
its that simple

I agree. Sure, there may be exceptions but the average guy is not going to forego good, guaranteed sex at home on the off chance he may get lucky at the bar. It doesn't make any sense. In this instant gratification, this me, me, me world, why would anyone refuse something that is freely offered and turn around and go search for it?

One thing about cheating that puzzles me. People say they would rather their partner leave than cheat. What do they think their partner is going to do as soon as they leave? Join a monastery? Take a vow of celibacy? The person is saying they are going to find someone else to sleep with and they are going to sleep with that someone else or another someone else for the rest of their life. How does anyone derive comfort from that scenario?

And one more question. If you truly love someone isn't their leaving the worst thing that can happen? If the person who cheats expresses remorse and still wants to be with you isn't it worth the effort to go for counselling and try to save the relationship?

When a person leaves it is quite possible they may meet someone and move away. You many never see the person again. Saying it's preferable their partner leave rather than have an affair is like saying they prefer if their partner dies. Why would anyone prefer for someone they love to completely go out of their life?

I can see one not wanting their partner to cheat if they are on their way out of one's life anyway. Leave first but if there is any chance of repairing the damage certainly it's worthwhile to try if there is still love.
 spaceman111
Msg: 89
Posted: 7/30/2006 6:37:35 PM
I've never cheated and don't plan to. As others have said, I've had it done to me by my ex-spouse and it's devastating. However, I don't condemn others who have cheated. Temptation can be strong and if you are vulnerable it could happen. I think I'm strong enough to never cheat but hope I'm never tempted while I'm vulnerable either.
 JohnnyPopper
Msg: 91
Posted: 7/31/2006 5:52:44 PM

sillyspoke(d78080) on 7/17/2005 525 AM.. I personally think you never can say never.

I haven't EVER and won't EVER cheat on anyone Because I was NOT brought up that way!!!...I always have respect for MY LADY and her feelings and won't ever compromise that!
 sugaredhoney22
Msg: 93
Posted: 8/4/2006 12:15:33 PM
I cheated once ever, after I found out that my ex cheated on me. Which was stupid on both of our parts! That is when I was really young. After that I never cheated again. I can't take the guilt, personally. I would rather break up and find someone else than cheat. And it hurts the other person to think that someone they really loved thought so little of how they felt. I have been cheated on before and that is an instant "next" in my world. Trust is the foundation of any good relationship and if I can't trust you with something as simple as keeping your pants on when we aren't together, I have got to leave you alone. It boils down to self control. Lack of self control = lack of me in your life. And any age over say 25 you should be mature enough to decide what is more important to you. If you want to keep the one you are with don't cheat, it is too risky in many ways. You may catch a disease or get the other woman pregnant, nothing like evidence to ruin your situation. I have heard crazy stories of men having babies with other women then they go home to their wife or girlfriend and act just like they aren't living a double life. But when the wife or girlfriend finds out they go threw the roof and I can't say I blame them. And cheating is about so much more than sex if you have children with any of the people in the situation. And the people that ultimately end up paying in those settings are the children. It isn't their fault. So self control is the best way to go, or dump the one you are with and find someone new. But I haven't cheated since that one time, but I can't say what I will do in the future. No one is perfect, but as a rule I try to avoid putting myself in those types of positions that I would be tempted to cheat when I'm seriously involved. I always try to think of it like this, how would I feel if the shoe was on the other foot? That is usually enough for me to leave it along.
 MrGordonGecko
Msg: 94
Posted: 8/5/2006 1:46:57 PM
I've never cheated intentionally.

One time I dated a girl who concealed her other preexisting relationship from me for a short while. I was younger and didn't see all the signs of deception. After I found out, I ended it with her. Not exactly sure what you call that kind of situation.

In terms of other situations, I've had some opportunities, but ultimately it just looked like more bullshit than it was worth.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 8/5/2006 6:50:08 PM
Never have..never will. My husband of 10 years was caught cheating with my best friend. I could never put another person through that pain....EVER. It's extremely selfish. Work out the problems or leave before you bring another person into your life. Plain and simple.
 Melodic Euphoria
Msg: 96
Posted: 8/7/2006 7:48:00 PM

Never make absolutes. <--------- See the irony there?

That goes to show you why extremes aren't realistic.

"I see! I see!" said the blind man to the deaf man.
 KAPOW!!
Msg: 97
Posted: 8/8/2006 4:37:19 PM
What is our definition of "cheating"?
 Poet102781
Msg: 98
Posted: 9/11/2006 7:28:56 AM
Ive been cheated on, and let me tell you its the worst!

Cheating is for cowards, and jizz moppers!

People who cheat, should get kicked in the taint/gooch.
 Isispriest
Msg: 99
Posted: 6/1/2007 3:50:42 AM
I have never cheated and I do not think I ever will. Well, unless Pam Anderson corners me somewhere private, when I'm in a relationship.
If I loved someone and the "passion" had faded, yes I would stay and stay happily. Guys are getting tugged towards various women fairly frequently by their "feelings that, Oh that would be so Right". A guy in a committed relationship makes a conscious decision to be true and faithful to the one he has chosen. The comfort and true depth, of being with someone who knows you, and understands you, and puts up with all of you, and still Loves you, far surpasses the thrills of the passions of a new attraction.They call it "chemistry" because that is what it is about: glandular thinking. I 'spose that certainly has its place in life and relationships. As a man I know what it is like to think with my glands! Why do men get shit for that and for women it is some mystical bells ringing? It is elusive and always will be. It is also transitory and not based on compatibility. It may well be based on Past lives, but if it is not accompanied by liking, respecting, and understanding the person those elusive sparks may just as well be a sign to "run screaming" as to make it happen.

So, is it better to follow one's passions and have intense relationships, rather than consciously/mentally deciding with whom to invest your emotions and sticking to your decision. Well, if there is Love involved the later is way better. Intuition/Spirit over mind over emotions over body powered by the passions; works way better in life than giving the ego based passions control! Depends what you want though. Following your passions is a good way to be childless and lonely. Making smart decisions that your passions have played just a part of the equation in, is more likely to provide a happy marriage and family.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Never Cheated and Never Will? Claim it &Tell Us Why..?