Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Never Cheated and Never Will? Claim it &Tell Us Why..?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Silver Seduction
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Never Cheated and Never Will? Claim it &Tell Us Why..?Page 5 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
I can honestly say that I have never cheated and never will. My wife of 18 years cheated on me with a co-worker who she is now living with. It hurt so bad that it turned my world upside down and inside out. I would never want to put someone in that position as I know how much it hurts. Anyone who does cheat is a selfish SOB. If they want out of their relationship they should just have the guts to step up and end it before anything happens. Many people say that they were drunk or there is no communication in the relationship. For those who say they were drunk, guess what too bad no free pass, maybe you should learn to control your drinking. For those who say there is no communication, damn it, do your best to communicate with your partner and if that doesn't work, then leave him/her before you decide to sleep with someone else. People, there is no excuse for cheating.
 prettybrowni
Msg: 102
Never Cheated and Never Will? Claim it &Tell Us Why..?
Posted: 11/20/2008 9:29:15 AM
Being cheated on hurts. Why would a person who should be loving you want to hurt you? I've never cheated. It's just morally wrong.
 2nd_Chakra
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2008 12:40:22 PM
As for the motto "never say never," I don't buy that. Certain things I know I'll never do in this lifetime and I'm okay with that: cheat on a partner, use crack or heroin, rape others, murder anyone for any reason other than immediate self-defense, eat feces, live in a really cold climate, marry a Klansman and so on.

I don't even see cheating as this huge temptation that would require me to think all that deeply about it. In my world the golden rule is a given. Integrity actually makes things easier folks, not harder.
 heartseekertrue
Msg: 104
Posted: 11/20/2008 3:27:13 PM
Nope. Elemental, my dear Watson.
Integrity is an awful close kissin' cousin to virginity.
You lose it once, and its gone. It aint comin' back....and YOU will always know.
You might be able to hide it from some of the others across your path....
but intuitives will know...

if we were but animals, and if it were mere a sexual act....
but that denies the emotional, social, physical, personal, and foremost spiritual implications. It is not just a sexual act...thats just the beginning of the promised blessing...if ya honor all of its potential its so much more...
 scorpiomover
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2008 4:04:39 PM
I cannot say NEVER, as I don't know the future. All I can say, is that I certainly don't want to be cheated on, and the best and only way I think I can do anything to encourage that, is to never do it myself. So I decided a long time ago, that I wouldn't, and that no-one, and nothing is worth betraying that trust. Way I see it, is if I meet someone I like more, and it's really worth going for, then the current g/f was never meant to be, and that will end, and the new girl will end up going out with me after.

I've lost at least 2 women I loved because I was dating someone else at the time, because I refused to dump the girl I was dating for them. But on reflection, that was my feelings for them, not their feelings for me. I love deeply. But that feeling is oh, so worth it.
 VivaciousVixen2010
Msg: 106
bored and lonely like always
Posted: 11/21/2008 8:46:14 PM
The Bible says adultry is reason for divorce but even though he was cohabitating with another woman, i still remained faithful. divorce is in the eyes of God. God knows cheating versuses being faithful. There is Biblical divorce and Legal (which takes forever). In Jesus' eyes in the serman's it is clearly spoken. I have been divorced for a long time. I never cheated and never would. Even remained faithful when he was living with another women.
Call me stupid. BUT I did not want divorce. If I cheated, two wrongs don't make a right.
i didn't want to cheat.
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 107
view profile
History
bored and lonely like always
Posted: 11/21/2008 9:08:50 PM
A man....nay, a person is only as good as his/her word.

Never done it, never will. Why? Because the vile I felt for the mother of my daughters isn't how I would want another to view or feel about me. Fortunately, I actually do care about other's opinion of me. For, I care about my opinion of myself.

~ds~
 Cynderella
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2008 9:33:48 PM
I have been hurt but cheating and I could never bring myself to hurt an other in such a way!

To find an other who doesn't cheat is one in a mill!
 ripley65
Msg: 109
Posted: 11/22/2008 4:44:14 AM

Never ever have and wont. Always been and still am,, very loyal not only to people i date but to friends and family also.

I couldnt even fathom cheating on a significant other. Just wont happen.
 La Gioconda
Msg: 110
Posted: 11/22/2008 7:09:10 AM
Read interesting article in the local paper last week about CHEATING in the relationship. This was very enlightening read, basically Cheating is a reflection of SEXUAL ADDICTION. The addiction, like any kind of addiction, cannot be easily controlled. Those who do cheat, hate themselves each time they do it, but they are not able to stop it.
The article has explained it has something to do with 'chemical imbalance' in the brain, and cheaters need frequent release of this.

Cheaters, usually go into counseling sth like called : Sex Anonymous, that's right sex, drugs, alcohol, food , anger - are just few to mention that are associated with addiction. Don't judge people based on their addiction, educated yourself.

Luckily, I have never attracted this kind of relationship to myself. All my men were faithful, and personally I have no need to cheat on anyone. It can be a real curse for any parties, and cheaters are simply sufferers of sexual addiction.
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 111
Posted: 11/22/2008 8:58:43 AM
I grew up in a home where cheating and trashing around was rife. My mom went through hell with three different husbands. She wasn't a saint herself of course. (but we never saw it as children.) I don't know what kind of life I would have lived if it not for the examples of how life could be through organized sports, and the friends and mentors I met participating in them. (Good and bad.) Luckily, I was able to learn from other people's mistakes. Cheating isn't an option for me.

I wonder how many people that cheat will actually tell you that they're cheaters anyway? The closest they will come to it is admitting that they've done it before, but never again. Yeah... Ummm... OH-kaaaay.
 MoMayhem
Msg: 112
Posted: 11/22/2008 9:00:54 AM
Someone who cheats is a coward and immature, plain and simple.

I have never cheated because I can be honest with myself and the person I have a relationship with, that it isn't working and we both need to move on. Case closed.
 english lass
Msg: 113
Posted: 11/22/2008 9:08:35 AM
never have, never will

i respect myself too much to do that - pride issue if you like - if i say i'll just be with one person, then that's what i'll do

treating others the way you'd like to be treated has a lot going for it too, imo

doesn't always work - sometimes people are just gonna be horrid, no matter what you do.... but at least then that's *their* problem... treating them decently means you don't have to kick yourself later
 printer2
Msg: 114
Posted: 11/22/2008 3:52:57 PM
I have never been in a relationship long enough where I did not want to touch and have sex with the one I was with. When the relationship went south I had enough sense to get out rather than hang on to something that was not there.

I would guess some people stick around even though sex has run its course between them. Some need the thrill of being with a new person to send tingles up their spine. Cheating seems like too much trouble for me. I would probably feel guilty if I did.
 eagle20022
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2008 7:47:00 PM
I have never cheated and I will never cheat nor will I ever be the cheated with person.

I don't believe in it and I have been on the receiving end and there is nothing no worse than to be cheated on. I respect those that I am with, and my morals is what I run my life by. I have in fact broken off relationships before just on the fact that I have thought about cheating on them with someone else, though even afterward s I did not persue the other individual, I still believe that I did the right thing and I believe that everyone has full control over their actions and that there is no reason for anyone to ever cheat on anyone else.
 Uncle Grumpy
Msg: 116
Posted: 11/22/2008 8:03:03 PM
Nope, won't do it even though I have had the chance. Even through three years of separation. Just doesn't feel right. Besides what do you say to the one that is your next true love. I believe in honesty and integrity and continue to live it. Have been on the other side twice and I won't do it because I know it hurts. I don't believe in hurting some one just to satisfy my needs. We are either in a mutual relationship or we are not.
 o4
Msg: 117
Posted: 11/22/2008 8:08:27 PM
I can definitely claim the "never have" part because history is fact. I'd like to think that I could also claim the "never will", but since that is future, while that is absolutely my intent (and if we can say the future is an extension of the past then this should be a pretty safe bet!), we can't ever speculate 100% fully on tomorrow, especially when humans are involved. But with that said, that's the plan, and I'd place my bet I'm good for it.
Why? Easy. It has to do with how I view commitments and love, appreciating and learning from life's lessons and its beautiful paths (even the ones passing by the valley of temptations), .......that I would not want to hurt another, and that I also would not want to hurt myself that way. And then finally too, how I want that conversation with St. Peter to go some day.
 GGarbo
Msg: 118
Posted: 11/22/2008 8:46:29 PM
I haven't cheated. Half of the reasoning is for them, the other is me. I don't want to hurt anyone that way and even if they didn't know I'd know and feel horrible about myself.
 siremike
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2008 11:25:28 PM
i never have and dont see myself ever doing it. cheating is 100% voluntary. before you sleep with someone you start to talk, then flirt, then a date or 2, then the cheating happens. that is alot of steps to go through before anuthing happens. so you have plenty of time to stop it before you hurt you SO. so if any one does cheat they have no excuse what so ever. so no i cant see myself ever cheating
 kenpoboy
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2008 8:22:20 AM
Never cheated and never will. Too much of a nerd.
 aggiebq86
Msg: 121
Posted: 11/23/2008 11:33:39 AM
I never have been able to understand why someone would cheat on someone they are dating. Why not just break up with the person before you go looking elsewhere?

Now once you are married, they should be the only one you have sex with. If you want to have sex with someone else, respect your partner and give them their life back and divorce them instead of cheating on them.
 WanderingRain
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2008 9:20:23 PM
I don't waste my time with self-glorification.
If anyone wants to see whether I am a good person or not, they'll have to date me.
 ExplosiveSheep
Msg: 123
Posted: 11/24/2008 12:15:12 AM
I get that realisation in my head and sinking feeling in my stomach just thinking about what it would be like to tell someone what I'd done, which is quite a good deterrent and has worked out pretty well so far.

Oh and edit for clarity, I have a habit of having a big mouth, I have a harder time keeping my own secrets than other people's. If nobody in the world ever had to find out, I'd still probably tell them anyway.
 catkin2007
Msg: 124
Posted: 11/24/2008 8:01:33 AM
I can honestly say, never have, never will. Why? Because I respect the relationship, my partner and myself. I never want to be the cause of that kind of pain for someone.
 Cynderella
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2008 11:23:29 AM
I have read this and so many say they haven't and never will...

Then why are so many being cheated on? I don't get it!

Is it Addition
In the Genes
Not enough at home
Not Loved enough
WTF

No matter the excuses...IT'S WRONG and IT'S HURTFUL!

EDIT: VVV Good point! Still wrong to Lie and or Cheat!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Never Cheated and Never Will? Claim it &Tell Us Why..?