Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Women with condoms on hand      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RushLuv
Msg: 13
Women with condoms on handPage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
My answer to this question, is that if a woman already has condoms on hand, that means she's practicing safe sex.

Some men will try to be slick by intentionally leaving condoms behind just because they find them unpleasant to wear. So, in that case, when a woman is prepared, she can put the guy up for a rude awakening.
 MsMicki
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Women with condoms on hand
Posted: 6/30/2010 5:43:24 AM
Wouldn't you rather we had condoms.......then wonder how many men we brought home and had unprotected sex with?
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2010 6:44:31 AM
At my age, I'd just be glad one of us remembered.

~ds~
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2010 7:19:46 AM
I'd be delighted that she is responsible and practical and prepared. I don't have a double standard about this. Women ARE sexual beings, it's just that our fvcked-up society hasn't quite caught up with this reality despite feminism and the sexual revolution.

I know one woman who is allergic to latex condoms, so of course she has to be prepared with polyurethane condoms unless she's going to enforce a delay whenever she decides the time is right.
 OutMind
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/30/2010 8:22:19 AM
The opposite has been an issue in the past, where the moment arrives I happen to have a condom with me. She got slightly offended, and accuse me of being a player.
 want to travel
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2010 8:41:00 AM
i think its great , after all american women have more STDs that any women in the developed world, common knowlege, and time are my sources
 Pingshooter
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2010 11:46:48 AM

"after all american women have more STDs that any women in the developed world"...
Oh my, I wonder who they're getting them from?

My exact same thoughts..
 .dej
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2010 12:19:17 PM

Does this turn you off? Give you a bad impression of her? Make you wonder "how many" other guys have been "there?"

Yeah totally. I'd definitely be concerned if a woman had protection on-hand. You never know what kind of diseases she might have she has so much sex!

Instead, I'd prefer a girl who doesn't even know what a condom is. You know she's so innocent and probably disease-free.
 U make it entertaining
Msg: 21
Posted: 6/30/2010 1:26:14 PM
Oh goodness, I better check mine. Or ... I can just go into my son's room and steal some of his.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 22
Posted: 6/30/2010 4:07:22 PM
^^^I know I don't have to check the dates on mine, lol.

It's awesome to see that so many are cool with this! Bummer that there are some guys out there that would find it offensive or a red flag. Oh, well.
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2010 5:49:08 AM

chances are if he has a condom, he just paid a buck for it in a vending machine in the mens' room

Holy smokes, m church...they're up to a BUCK?? I am getting old. Your right, though. Buying something out of those machines is like a game of risque roulette.

~ds~
 .dej
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/3/2010 9:16:58 AM

The girl who doesn't know what condoms are is not necessarily any more or any less innocent than the girl who does. It just means she's not practicing safe sex.

And any guy who thinks that not having condoms means a girl is innocent is clearly more naive than she is...ay yi yi...

*cough* sarcasm *cough*
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/3/2010 11:29:18 AM
Can we start a thread about men without condoms and what everyone thinks of that? lol
 GWSmith
Msg: 26
Posted: 7/6/2010 11:21:46 PM
I'd be more concerned if she pulled out a straight razor....
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 27
Posted: 8/3/2016 3:42:32 PM
If she opened her closet and got knocked off her feet by an avalanche of condoms....yeah, I might assume she is a bit promiscuous

I might

( looks at the time to see how much closer 3:55 is )

" Oh gee, Chuck , slow day ? We never would have guessed "
 Chromis1
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2016 5:39:27 PM
^^^^ Slow day, indeed. I broke it off with SC. Thought you might want to know.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 8/3/2016 6:19:29 PM

I'd definitely be concerned if a woman had protection on-hand. You never know what kind of diseases she might have she has so much sex!
Instead, I'd prefer a girl who doesn't even know what a condom is. You know she's so innocent and probably disease-free.

So, if you have condoms at your place, you never know what kind of diseases You have because you must be having tons of it (with a condom)? So she sleeps around with too many dudes because she has condoms in her bedroom... and you don't sleep around too much if you did?

And you'd prefer a girl who didn't even know what a condom was? Wow. Completely ignorant. If after a date you go back to her place and you're getting hot & heavy, and when you ask her if she has a condom, she shrugs her shoulders and says "No, I don't have a condom, this is an apartment I rent... here, let's continue," you're thinking she's sexually innocent?

She told me she got them when she started dating after her marriage ended. I blinked and said, "Wasn't that like 4 years ago?", she said, "Yeah, why?"
She didn't know they had a best before date... The box was still unopened.

... then she said "Yeah, but, I wasn't expecting it to be the best sex before our date anyway. ;)
 south_city
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/6/2016 7:40:20 AM
One time I went to woman's place and she had multiple condoms. It didn't bother me. I think it's a good idea in case a man doesn't have any condoms on him. It's certainly better and safer than having unprotected sex. But usually I have condoms on me ( or make a quick trip to the drugstore ) if I think there is any chance ( even a small chance ) of having sex that night.
 witty_gwailo
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2016 7:25:37 AM
Condoms on hand simply means she is prepared for what might happen. Personally I'd be more worried if she wanted sex, never asked about condoms, or had any...would make me wonder just how many guys she's screwed without using one.

That said, I'm a strong believer in bringing your own, so I always have a few on me if I think something could potentially happen. Also contrary to some beliefs, some do fit better/more comfortable than others.
 AlphaCuck
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/14/2016 10:24:53 AM
I'd rather she had them on hand...but even more fun is if she said she was out even though she just bought a box a day or two ago...that's my keeper!
 RobW4690
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2016 9:30:04 PM
If a female just happened to keep a condom on her I would be a bit nervous. How often if she screwing other men? Atleast a man keeps his own if the moment ever happens. Its meant to go on him and not someone else.
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2016 12:41:34 AM
It's happened before and we just used the thumb of my catchers mitt!
 InnerGorilla2
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/22/2016 8:11:51 AM

If a female just happened to keep a condom on her I would be a bit nervous. How often if she screwing other men? Atleast a man keeps his own if the moment ever happens. Its meant to go on him and not someone else.

Dude, what a double standard.
 gtomustang
Msg: 36
i prefer olives on the fingertips
Posted: 8/22/2016 9:31:26 AM
a condom might defend her from disease, but not from male rationalizing. If she's a 10 and hands over a wrapped pecker protector, I doubt a real man goes, "Wow, I've suddenly lost interest in your bubble butt and large chest and flat belly." but after she dumps him for a hotter model....then the idea she had a condom on hand, becomes a sudden issue.

and condoms aren't like guns, they're like Kodak cameras--they capture the emotion :)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2016 10:36:57 AM

If a female just happened to keep a condom on her I would be a bit nervous.

So if she had a few condoms in her nightstand -- why would that make you nervous, but shouldn't make her nervous if she's at your place and sees some in your nightstand?

How often if she screwing other men? Atleast a man keeps his own if the moment ever happens.

How often is he screwing other women if he keeps his own if the moment ever happens? How does this question not go equally the other way around?

Its meant to go on him and not someone else.

That's actually not good reasoning. The guy wearing a condom is just as much for her, too. She could ask you the same question as to why you have them so-conveniently on-hand with an eyebrow raised, just as much. So you can have some by the bed just-in-case, but she can't? You could tell her you've always made sure you've had some from the previous time with your ex, but she can't say the same thing (even though your ex would have some at her place that you left at her place if you were there often)?

I can understand the concept of "Let the guy handle getting the condoms, it should be his responsibility," hence the position that one shouldn't Expect a gal to have them. I don't totally agree with this notion, but I can understand it at least. But to say that it implies she sleeps around if she has some -- but it doesn't imply a guy sleeps around if he does... wtf? :)

Classic double-standard that it's OK for a guy to be on ready-5 just in case there may be a hook up, but Not OK for a girl to be on ready-5 just in case. Yikes.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Women with condoms on hand