Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ladyc4
Msg: 59
Personal Accountability for one's choices - I will own mine, will you own yours?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
This topic is SUPPOSED to be about personal accountability-not attacking smokers.
As an ex smoker, I can tell you that all the lecturing in the world will not stop a smoker ONE SECOND before they are ready to stop, and doing it for themselves.
So can we get back to just how FAR we expect someone to carry that sense of personal responsibility? Do we withold compassion from the victim of some form of Mother Nature's fury,because they should have picked a place to live where that doesn't occur? Or from crime victims because they live where they live, or didn't have a hightech security system-or a gun?
Personal responsibility is of MAJOR importance, but what about those who use expectation of extreme pers. resp. as a club to beat others over the head with?
Cindy O
 chameleonf
Msg: 60
Personal Accountability for one's choices - I will own mine, will you own yours?
Posted: 7/14/2010 2:45:56 PM
I CHALLENGE YOU TO PROVE THAT YOU CAN

...and I'd challenge you to prove that you can stop attacking an individual poster and stick to the topic itself. Why not lambaste all others who use cleansers and have furnishings in their homes that have immediate and lasting carcinogens, vehicles that pollute, ad infinitum. Let me guess, you have no personal accountability for your attack on the OP because she's the one who brought up an example - so it's her fault that she's being attacked and you aren't personally accountable for the attack...how interesting.
 _TALL_IQ2_
Msg: 61
Personal Accountability for one's choices - I will own mine, will you own yours?
Posted: 7/14/2010 2:57:27 PM
Personally you do seem like a very nice positive person in most of your forum posts, and I have nothing against you personally..

Accountability to oneself comes first, is on this topic. "To thine own self, be true" Smoking is the claimed choice.

THE CHALLENGE IS MEANT FOR ALL SMOKERS, not just any one person. PROVE that
you can take accountability for your own health

and future by QUITTING and showing your friends and peers in POFerland that YOU CAN !

IF just ONE of you addicts takes the challenge, gets more support and STOPS, my efforts

to express that HEALTH IS the number one challenge for all, will have been worth it.

Come on, come on, just ONE step up and take the challenge in front of your peers... S
 anonymouslyme
Msg: 62
Posted: 7/14/2010 3:01:49 PM
^^ Personal accountability has nothing to do with 'proving' anything to anyone. That's why it's called 'personal'.
 DrummingNut
Msg: 63
Posted: 7/14/2010 3:23:13 PM
Where in the play book does it say personal accountability means you will fix/change (quit) something?

Just means you know what you're doing.. you 'admit' to it within yourself..
you understand why.. and you accept whatever comes from it as something you have brought on yourself.
 Corso456
Msg: 65
Posted: 7/14/2010 3:42:46 PM
I say we make another thread where we blame the person above us for all our bad choices in life.
 anonymouslyme
Msg: 67
Posted: 7/14/2010 3:54:23 PM

I am virtually without fault! And in those rare instances when I’m not, then it is this chicks fault => anonymouslyme
Oh really? Well, I'm blaming you for the iced tea that got spit all over my keyboard when I read that.
 motownmaniax
Msg: 68
Posted: 7/14/2010 3:59:39 PM
If you abuse yourself by drugs, smoking, sedentary lifestyle, and by age 50 can hardly walk, that’s your fault.

If you live healthy and take care of yourself, but come down with a serious illness anyway, it’s not.

If you’re an narcissistic, arrogant, selfish user of people, most times you’ll eventually pay for it by failed relationships and being universally hated.

But I see plenty driven by power, money, or celebrity that do terrible things, but get free passes because they have a particular talent that makes money in business or can entertain millions, so business associates and fans are willing to forgive.

If you’re good at heart and treat people with respect you will usually be rewarded, but not always.

There are things people are directly responsible for in their lives. But even the most loved among us can have great misfortune beyond their control. That’s life. It’s how one deals with tragedy and obstacles that's the ultimate question.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 70
Posted: 7/14/2010 4:15:46 PM

yes... I value someone's ability to accept responsibility for their choices. People who can't do this are low on the evolutionary scale, and are not relationship material.

Yep!
 DoubleParked
Msg: 71
Posted: 7/14/2010 4:33:00 PM
I agree that those who indulge in the 'blame game' are to be avoided, but sometimes circumstances are out of one's control and one's life ends up in a place one had never imagined it would be. In this circumstance all one has control of is how one REACTS to these events. I would rather, in assessing their character, look at how they overcame difficulties in the long run, rather than hear them say they were to blame for every difficulty in their lives and confess all their bad choices. Boring. That's what the confessional is for, no?
 anonymouslyme
Msg: 72
Posted: 7/15/2010 3:23:07 AM

just don't forget the condom, k? I don't want to see you starting your own thread about how some "anonymous" POF woman forced you into fatherhood!
dang it woman! why'd ya have to give him a heads up? My youngest is almost out of the house, and I'm gonna be needing another little meal ticket soon.... I've had my feminine charm turned on full force trying to get my hooks into this one. Can't ya cut a girl some slack?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >