Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > My one and only date from plenty of fish      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 14
My one and only date from plenty of fish Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Tom Leykis

Now THAT'S a laugh!
 bucsgirl
Msg: 15
view profile
History
My one and only date from plenty of fish
Posted: 11/28/2010 12:23:59 PM
I had to look it up "The show's best-known feature was "Leykis 101," in which he purported to teach men "how to get laid" while expending the least amount of time, money, and effort. This part of his persona led some critics to charge Leykis with misogyny"

After I got up off the floor, it's not clear whether you followed the advice or not. If you want to keep it simple, can't you just search for cheapest hookers on craigslist? Same difference, IMO. *shrug*
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/28/2010 2:24:43 PM

Ok, so I got some messages from some women. Most were early 30's and had kids, and weren't pretty enough to be worth the baggage and youth disappearing.

MMM Hot gregarious,charming men like you are rare so get used to it.

So this one girl messages me and tells me I'm dreamy. Ok, cool. She's 20 and cute.

20, cute, blind, stupid, WHATEVA...........You got stood up hombre.
It happens. Stop crying.

I'm still going to pass on the old women with kids idea. I'd rather not have to take on someone whose looks are fading (or not even there) and the responsibility of a kid that isn't mine

First of all most of us OLD women don't have kiddie poos at home..

Why don't you leave evolutionary biology to me (I also have a baccalaureate in Biology)

I am sensing some test tube biology egg/sperm experiment was botched some 29 years ago already.
So stop any family traditions if that's the case.

since all of them had McJobs

MCFAWKING pulease..A woman that will want you and care for you? ..You dont care..Get "REAL" as you call it.

I'm chunky

No you aren't............. My chocolate chip ice cream is chunky..

If you want to keep it simple, can't you just search for cheapest hookers on craigslist? Same difference, IMO. *shrug*

^^^ Best idea yet..maybe they have real hot single childless women there for 200 Alex.

I have met some great people here op..you get what you project..

bucsgirl
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2010 5:33:49 PM
Forget all the talk about biology (how well's that working for ya) what do you know about misogyny. The man that "changed your life" is known for that, so it's not a huge extrapolation that you basically have a huge sexist bias against women. Put it on your profile, geez, maybe you'll get a date with a woman that hates women too! Other than that, you're basically fuggered, not that it would make a big difference anyway.
 VacationGuy234
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/29/2010 7:19:17 AM
Dude! You had ONE date and only with a chick who is 20, hot and 10 years your junior! You're effort level is ZERO. In addition, you wrote your date off without even finding out whether she was OK and not in any danger! WTF?

Not wanting to date someone with kids, whom you are not attracted to is perfectly acceptable. However, don't think for a flippin minute you are not bringing your own baggage into the relationship. Let me clue you in, you're 29, not in top shape and whining about a 20 year old who stood you up, this is what we call baggage.

How to fix this? WAIT! I KNOW! All the hot, 29 year old women should just drop what they are doing and go after you! Why didn't I think of it before! I don't know how I could have missed it!

Bottom line, you're going to have to put in more EFFORT!

Pilose_Wink
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/29/2010 1:45:42 PM

This was more a cautionary tale for dudes, that even if you confirm it over the phone she can still bail. It happens. I'm not really worried about the result. It is what it is.

True enough, I hear it happens but it’s never happened to me, so I would imagine it’s a little disheartening.

I'm still going to pass on the old women with kids idea. I'd rather not have to take on someone whose looks are fading (or not even there) and the responsibility of a kid that isn't mine. Also, they really didn't have anything else to offer so I passed on the 10 or so messages I got.

Hmm, now you’re just being spiteful. Looks are fading? Oh I think not, many are just coming into their own. They have nothing else to offer? Well there magic pork chop, what is it you bring to the table? Certainly isn’t a stellar wit with any biological stirring in 20 year olds.

Guys have biological priorities (youth, intelligence, beauty) and women have biological priorities (intelligence, resource accumulation abilities, looks) and so guys going for barbie is ok. It's what we were designed to go for to progress the species.

Natural selection pal and you’re not getting selected by those you think should select you. I think maybe a little trip to the mirror may show that what you offer doesn’t actually equate to a ball of desire for those you wish you could fondle. There is nothing wrong with going after a Barbie, but at some point reality needs to set in and I’m afraid Barbie has no interest in what you offer. Reality should also be a priority along with intelligence, both of which seem deficient in you.

I don't really take POF and dating seriously anymore, I just kind of like to browse profiles and the forums for fun. I'm at peace with a solo life trip. As long as I got good friends, good booze, and plenty of fun stuff to do, I think everything is going alright.

Well it’s good to see that you have faced your peace and I’m sure some of the cleavage being shown gives you hours of personal self serving entertainment while you reach for another Key Stone.
 Blu_Angie
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/29/2010 8:07:04 PM
"Ok, so I got some messages from some women. Most were early 30's and had kids, and weren't pretty enough to be worth the baggage and youth disappearing".

You make me almost ashamed to say that I am a Nurse.

Get over yourself!!! You are not all that!!!
 Softy63
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/24/2011 3:30:23 PM
Okay......2 months later.....I feel compelled to chip in on this subject.

It is what it is. I'm still going to pass on the old women with kids idea. I'd rather not have to take on someone whose looks are fading (or not even there) and the responsibility of a kid that isn't mine.

Oh dear, OP, you come across with what I call a narrow minded attitude.

Sure we all have the right to pick and choose but it seems to me that you label women only 3 or 4 years older than you as old, with crows feet, call their precious children "baggage" and turn your nose up at them because they have "Mcjobs".

Hey! A job is a job and at least these ladies are working and taking responsibility.

Looks fading at that age? Geez. Okay then, go after girls who aren't even old enough to drink, fresh out of school and building up their resume with Mcjobs waiting for their well deserved break.

Cdn_Iceman
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/24/2011 9:56:53 PM

Ok, so I got some messages from some women. Most were early 30's and had kids, and weren't pretty enough to be worth the baggage and youth disappearing.

So this one girl messages me and tells me I'm dreamy. Ok, cool. She's 20 and cute. We exchange a few messages and eventually she gives me her phone number and I call her. We talk for a couple of hours. I ask her if she wants to go on a date. I ask her if she wants to go to meet at a Sushi place and then a comedy club for a first date she's all about it. So great. Well an hour before I call her to confirm and she tells me she will meet me there. I make sure she has my cell and I have her cell. I end up waiting there for 30 minutes and she is a no show. After 30 minutes I say screw it and then I order something, eat. I call her when I'm finishes and it goes to voice mail. I wish her a nice life and that's that. I travel the 45 minutes home. She never calls me back and never showed up. That is my one and only date that I got on Plenty of Fish.
Dude, im sure everyone in one point in there lives got stood up, you get over it and move on.
But i have to say your profile makes your condescending attitude hilarious, why on earth do you feel that you're qualified to make any sort of judgment call on older women you choose not to date, which is more likely the other way around?

By the way Tom Leykis is laughing all the way to the bank selling saps like you his material, I will give you a tip, it doesn't work, most women are smart enough not to fall for it and the brainless barbies that do, you wont be able to keep their attention long enough before they are off to the next guy.

By the way who ever sold you that yellow shirt definitely has a sense of humour.

candles on
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/25/2011 3:02:21 PM
OP says, "I'd rather not have to take on someone whose looks are fading (or not even there) and the responsibility of a kid that isn't mine. Also, they really didn't have anything else to offer so I passed on the 10 or so messages I got. Guys have biological priorities (youth, intelligence, beauty) and women have biological priorities (intelligence, resource accumulation abilities, looks) and so guys going for barbie is ok. It's what we were designed to go for to progress the species."

Do me a favour and put this on your profile, not only will the 10 or so messages that you recieved dissapear, but you will not have to read anymore! A win win
 OutdoorsyBC
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/2/2011 9:05:23 AM
Can actually understand were this dudes coming from, everyone loves beautiful young people of course. You say you can lose weight? so just do it. Being fit and athletic improves a persons life to such a degree that everyone should work to be fit. For your information if your body is hot you will get the twenty something girls wanting to have sex with you but if you are trully after a woman to have a family with you will be shocked at how few high quality women are available now days. Highly suggest you go the foreign bride route, maybe they even offer DNA screening nowdays?
 deepblacksky
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/2/2011 8:02:07 PM
"Why don't you leave evolutionary biology to me (I also have a baccalaureate in Biology), and I'll leave Piano playing to you."

Your story about your one and only date is a perfect example of why this level of sexism does not work.
 qldblue
Msg: 26
Posted: 4/7/2011 10:11:21 PM
No wonder I cannot get a date, if the OP thinks 30 is old age then women must think I am prehistoric, being in my 50's.

In Australia we have a saying about guys like you OP, "Your a Drongo" or maybe this one is more suitable for you, " Your a sixpack short of a carton".

Having a degree from a university doesn't make you any smarter than anybody else in life.

We all suffer from dates not showing or dates having to deal with last minute emergencies but that is LIFE, either you find out why your 20 year old didn't show and get on with life or just get on with life
 bigshrek
Msg: 27
Posted: 6/25/2011 4:09:17 PM
I think one of the 30-something single mom's got peeved and schooled him.
 steveam444
Msg: 28
Posted: 6/26/2011 4:11:20 PM
man I have to ask you where you got your undergrad from because you can be born in Paterson, NJ and once you have gone through a real college at least you can speak some what proper English...I don't brag about my degrees or My Muay Tai fights but I don't have a belly buddy...I am 6. 6 and I think my little sister wouldn't like your comments too much..

You see her husband was killed in a car accident...A nice Internist..So watch your mouth..Who would date a guy that talks like you that does not have baggage..

You sound like a total ass..

You have some bi polar mixed in with some skyz man..
 AzIm36
Msg: 29
Posted: 6/26/2011 6:57:13 PM
You really have no room to talk about anyone - you're not even willing to show your face on the site for a woman to have a preview. You probably are limiting yourself, but maybe you're right; the solo lifestyle may be for you. Also, you can't say what all women look for or what all men look for; you haven't met all women and cant speak for all men; its seems like an excuse your petty requirements. You get back what you put out into the world :)
 Singlegal89
Msg: 30
Posted: 6/29/2011 9:09:30 AM
Ugh! Sorry. I've had a few dates on here and most have been really cool.
If for any reason I can't make it,I let them know. Not calling is WRONG!
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > My one and only date from plenty of fish