Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ~Lea Smith~
Msg: 17
I just want the hurt to stopPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Focus on yourself
We either make ourselves happy or miserable. The amount of work is the same.

Indulge yourself. You are going through a tough time right now
so take extra care in being easy on yourself.
Treat yourself to all of the niceties that will make YOU feel better.

New hair cut, color, make up, facial, manicure or massage.
Buy yourself something you've been wanting.
Go and do something you enjoy. Do anything that makes you
feel great about yourself, or anything that you love
doing which you've have putting off.

Join a gym, if you can't afford it, go for a walk and commune with nature.
Go on vacation or go out with your friends again.
Occupy yourself with positive activities
and stay focused on the things that makes you happy.

If someone you love was going through the same thing,
how would you treat them? Well, that someone you "should"
love is yourself. Spoil and pamper yourself
just as you would someone you love.

This is a time to be nicer to yourself than you've ever been before...
You are worth it.

What you may not realize yet, is this: As time goes
by and you are starting to feel good again,
the person that is going to emerge will be the new
and improved version of you. Take this opportunity
to start to love yourself more. You have the power to create your future.
Choose to live it well.

Remember you will survive.

Lea
 DragNFlyBuzzez
Msg: 18
view profile
History
I just want the hurt to stop
Posted: 7/30/2010 3:52:14 AM
Ekeys, thank you, yes that groundhog day rewind thought, thanks for that excercise.

Hey Lea, thank you for your contributions, I like your thought process

good Luck OP
 m14shooter
Msg: 20
view profile
History
I just want the hurt to stop
Posted: 8/1/2010 12:15:56 AM
So he dumped you for some passed around piece of meat and you are letting it eat you. It is his loss not yours and you should be glad it happened now and not a year or two down the road. I am thankful when I get dumped early on as I don't want to waste my time on someone that doesn't have the same relationship goal as mine.

You have to get to the point of knowing I am a good decent person and it is their loss not mine. When you get here it is easier to get over a relationship. It used to take me years to get over someone but now it is days or at the most weeks. I no longer look at myself and blame myself for it I look at them.

I am also the single guy and very seldom get to do anything with friends, I know exactly how you feel on this one and I have gotten rid of most of married friends because of this and am ready to get rid of a few more. Funny how when I am dating someone they want me around and when I am not they want nothing to do with me even though they invite their single women friends so I now at the point where I say screw them, they are not friends if they exclude you.

Get over the anger, it does nothing for you at all. I can't tell you how many wonderful women I have dated that are carrying all their past relationships into the new one and when I feel that is present I move on as there isn't room for me. Nothing worse than looking into a pretty woman's eyes wanting to hear about her and all I hear is my ex this and my ex that.

Time doesn't heal anything, putting out of your mind and not beating yourself up over it does.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >