Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > PoF Party Red Deer Details. - Sept 18, 2010      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RedRoverZ
Msg: 5
PoF Party Red Deer Details. - Sept 3, 2010Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I don't think it really matters if this party is the same time as a southern Alberta camp out.It is a big province and we do need some thing for us central Albertans.But having the party on the long weekend.I don't think you will get as many people out being the long weekend.So the having it on September 18 would probably get a better turn out.

.Since I have hosted many parties you will always get people throwing in their 2 cents about your party .So don't let that discourage you.Good to see some one organizing a party in Red Deer.

Quiet relaxing campouts?! LMAO dddiesel.That't not what I heard.Must be code for dancing around the fire drunk.
 Gemini_Guy
Msg: 6
PoF Party Red Deer Details. - Sept 3, 2010
Posted: 8/2/2010 7:30:40 AM
Date changed to the 18th then.
 maxineroteliuk
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2010 11:42:13 PM
dose POF ever have any partys or outings in Edmonton at all and if you do when are they
 maxineroteliuk
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2010 12:28:31 AM
I agree with the Red Deer Dad that say's it should be on a week end some people that may want attend may live else where like Edmonton or any where
and speaking of Edmonton dose pof ever have any outings in Edmonton at all there are single people in Edmonton as well that would love to go to one of your functions
 Gemini_Guy
Msg: 9
PoF Party Red Deer Details. - Sept 18, 2010
Posted: 8/19/2010 11:51:20 PM
The bands tend to be louder than I am, as a general rule I try to keep the volume loud enough that you can still talk with out having to yell at eachother. The good thing about Wild Bills is the speakers are all set up in zones, so I can keep the volume louder in some areas and not so loud in others.

The Band that will be playing is Oldbury, they are a local band quite good. Not to hard and they do some good covers.

The Jager Girls will also be here, so it's planned on a very eventful night. I will be talking to the manager more as the date gets closer about what kind of deals we can get. With 61 people signed up that means close to 100 should show up and I see more and more people adding to the list.

As for what music will be played, I am thinking some good 80's hair bands, some country rock and old school rock like acdc, zepplin and van halen. Probably play some of the top 40 hits as well. I do take requests but don't expect polka or to many ballads .

If you have requests just mail me or post your suggestions on here. Start time will be about 8, but I will probably be in a little earlier. We might do a bracelet system so all Pof'ers will get one for any drink specials I can get.
 Gemini_Guy
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/26/2010 8:02:59 AM
Going to see what kind of room deal I can get. I am sure it will be based on pre-booking so anyone who is planning on booking a room in advance if you could let me know so I can give some potential numbers. I am sure it will go a long way in getting a few bucks off the room prices.

I will also post the prices from the other 2 places that are near by, the super 8 and aladin motel. Both with in easy walking distance.

I am not much of a drinker so I might even consider shuttleing people from the party to the other two places if people choose to stay there. We want the party to be a sucess and that means people getting to bed safe so they can rave about it the next day.

I am also in the planning with someone else for a Haloween Masquerade Ball/Party. It wont be a PoF event as there will be tickets and draws to cover the costs of a private hall. If you want to know more about that, just e-mail me on here and I'll add you to a info mailing list as we plan it out.

Based on how well this PoF party goes I hope to have one in Red Deer about once every 2-3 months so people who can't make it this one wont have to wait so long for the next one.
 Gemini_Guy
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/2/2010 1:58:04 PM
I am going to make a guess that some of us who are attending the party are business owners or managers. I was thinking of some door prizes. If you are attending as a guest, and would like to also get your name out at the party, contact me about what you could offer for a door prize.

All the PoF people attending should be getting a ticket at the door or a wrist band which will be numbered. There is expected to be a lot of non-pof people there as well, 30-80 so we will easily out number the regular non-members, but we might also get some new PoF recruits too.

As a door prize donator you will get your name mention, company mention as well if you like the name of the person who won your prize. Not looking for any big investments. Could be a company gift card.

Please nothing food or drink, being in a venue that is serving it is often frowned upon unless it is something people can pick up when they leave.

I am also thinking a registry book would be a cool idea, people can leave their name and where they are from and add their e-mail for future party invites and updates.

I am still waiting on some room deals from the Hotel, there will be a online booking code you that will be offered to book your room at a special rate. I am just waiting on the code and the price based on the rooms booked.
 Gemini_Guy
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/2/2010 2:37:06 PM
Here is the link to the band. You can hear their music playing on the site. I am sure it will meet just about everyones tases, they are a local Red Deer band.

http://www.oldbury.ca/

I think their music will go great with the party atmosphere.

For those who have never been to Wild Bills, the bar is split in two, the band plays on the front half and the back half will be much quieter. So even if the music is not your taste you will still be able to enjoy yourself.

I am in contact with the band, and I hope if you like them you will show your appreciation and buy a CD at the party. I am sure I will have a few to give away as well.
 DaKatCameBack
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2010 2:29:24 PM
What kind of campground/RV set up is down in Red Deer?

I would like to come and bring my little house on wheels.

Kat
 Gemini_Guy
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/7/2010 2:05:13 PM
There is the lions camp ground, not sure of any others that are near by.

Sent out a mass message about the room specials for those who need a place to sleep it off, or keep the party going. Hope it helps. I think TCPL is also working on a page with directions which should be linked to as well before the party.

I'm still working on Wild Bills to offer some kind or food or drink special. Maybe wings or something. I am not sure. I'll keep this updated.
 Gemini_Guy
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/7/2010 5:24:50 PM
From Quality Inn North Hill Inn.

So, I have blocked off some room for your Plenty of Fish members for Sept. 18th.
Group rate code: Plenty of Fish
Room rate: $89.00 plus applicable Taxes (Single to Quad occupancy)
Booking ends: Sept. 13th, 2010
24H Toll Free Reservation line: 1-800-662-7152

Room rate will include Complimentary Breakfast as well.

If they have any question(s) they can feel free to contact me at 403-872-0223

Tae Hwan Park
Assistant General Manager
Director of Sales & Marketing
Quality Inn North Hill
7150 - 50 Avenue Red Deer, AB T4N 6A5
w: 403-343-8800 Ext. 761
c: 403-872-0223
f: 403-346-8690
 westernangler1
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2010 8:19:46 PM
Lookin forward to meetin new friends...hope you Ladies are up to some dancin
 chelsea12122
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 9/8/2010 3:51:30 AM
see you there you better be ready for me LOL!!!!!
 Gemini_Guy
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/9/2010 2:03:22 PM
68 men and 52 women are showing up

Looks like we need more buns for all the sausages showing up.

Gemini_Guy
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/10/2010 12:37:10 PM
I hope you get the weekend off. I really have no idea what I am doing lol.

It would be great if for the week leading up if everyone could change their profile to include the details. The more the merrier they always say, and I would love to pack the place so that the next time I can get some better deals or look at other venues who might be more willing to cater to our large numbers. I am all about the deals.

I was also thinking of stocking up on some "after party" bevies, but someone told me I can get a free nights stay at the remand if I was delivering beer after the party. So make sure you stock up early, there are two liquor stores close by and I am working on getting a discount at another Beer store.
 icecoldfire89
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/10/2010 2:44:59 PM
I would like to come but it looks like its all people over 30 and being 21 thats a bit weird lol
 Gemini_Guy
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/11/2010 4:40:52 AM
Actually TCPL has organized all the other PoF parties in Red Deer, I'm just the front man on this one as he has other projects on the go and didn't have all the available time to do some of the running around. But he is definately in the picture and helping out.

Infact I am going in to talk to the bar (again) about some food/drink specials. If they wont budge then we wont worry about wrist bands or anything and leave it up to everyone to discover who is there from PoF and who is not . It should already be a busy night with non-members and we should do just about make it to the bursting point.

I am also thinking of getting a drive home service on board, or at least have their number handy. Help people get home or to their hotels safely. I'll be making those calls on monday.

Hope to see the party reach 200 people. Also if you think you might be stocking up on brews for an pre/after party, let me know, I am working on a discount deal with a local liquor store too.

oldbutfine
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2010 7:16:00 AM
Personally I think that there should be some form of recognition as to who is who, ie: name tags, wrist bands POF tattooed on forehead, etc, etc.
 LifesShortAsAmI
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2010 8:17:26 AM
Hey, this is my first POF event, it sounds like a lot of fun! In an earlier post you wrote that there may be other hotels offering a discount....any luck with that? I noticed the deadline for reservations is today so quick reply would be appreciated!
Looking forward to fishing around!
 Gemini_Guy
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/13/2010 2:35:44 PM
Here is what I have managed to get for deals for rooms at the 3 closest places.
All are based on pre-booking. The more people that pre-book the better the deals I can get for next time. All should have good to excelent availability for the weekend.

Quality Inn/North Hill Inn. 403-8800
This is the same building as Wild Bills.
Special Price is $89/night. Tae is the guy to mention. All rooms are newly renovated with King Size Beds.

Aladdin Motor Inn: 403-343-2711 of Jeff Direct - 403-896-7779
Half a block away: Reg $59.00 Ask for Jeff tell him it's for the PoF party for the $49.00 special

Super 8, 403-343-1102
1 block away, this is where many of you partied till the wee hours last time. Reg $79.99 if 15 rooms min get pre-booked it drops to $70.99 Talk to Joyce between 7am and 3pm to book for that price.

I hope this helps with your planning. Remember to pre-book your room just to be sure.
 Gemini_Guy
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/16/2010 6:48:10 PM
Did my best to get some PoF drink/food specials and I am sad to say they were not intersted in offering anything.

I am not sure name tags would be a thing... I am guessing maybe 200 people from PoF will be there based on the numbers signed up, thats with some people bringing friends. I am thinking there will be 100 or more people (if the bar/hotel did any marketing) who are just there as patrons or fans for the band/jager girls. So I think those people who are not PoF might feel like they invaded on a private party which would not leave a good impression on the bar and despite their lack of appreciation it seems for number of people/ $$$ they will make I would like to leave as good an impression as possible an will see about working with a different local bar who is more willing to be flexible. So I don't see a big reason to have name tags, I would just say we will take the back half of the bar where the pool tables are for our selves.

The Band is going to play till 2am, so the DJ role will be pretty minor and on their 20 min breaks and before they starts. Though I am trying to talk to the band and see if we can work somthing out just in case.

TCPL has been a great help with his assistance and I have learned alot. I hope everyone has fun and I will be at Wild Bills about 7ish. I might bring out some lights for a dance floor so I'll be setting them up.
 oldbutfine
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2010 7:34:32 AM
Ocean, just keep ;your eye on the forums. All the events will be posted on there.
 Gemini_Guy
Msg: 27
Posted: 9/18/2010 12:27:52 PM
The Band will be playing in the front part so I hope people don't feel like they need to be stuck in the back. It will be quieter in the back for sure which is a benefit. I am sure we will be 80%+ of the people in the bar. They don't market them selves very well and in my experience the bands play to a small group of their friends that fill 3 tables. Which is why I like Wild Bills for this type of party. We get a more or less private room with out paying a rental fee.

As for future events, I will be looking at other venues, see who will give us some food/drink specials. I am thinking of trying for mid January for the next party and I am working with another lady for a Valentines Masquerade Ball, which will not be a PoF party and will require tickets, just can't hold something like that in a bar.

I would like to do a PoF event every 3 months. I think Red Deer is a great centeral location for people from all over centeral Alberta and I will be working on adding some other things to do at future events based on the feed back, like door prizes and so on if I can find some people who would like to donate.

I'll have my TJ the DJ shirt on, so it will easy to pick me out, and all the staff at Wild Bills know who I am so if anyone needs to find me you can ask them where I am. I would love to hear your comments and I am looking for more ideas for the next party. Just hard with PoF's rules to do it all for no cost to the guests.

See you all tonight.
 Terry60
Msg: 28
Posted: 9/18/2010 3:18:48 PM
HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND YOUR PARTY AT WILD BIILS AT NORTH HILL INN
 Gemini_Guy
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/19/2010 12:09:03 AM
Over 200 people from PoF were at the Party. Thank you all for coming out who signed up and all those who didn't. The bands still playing and there are still tons of people here.

I hope to plan the next party for next January and every 3-4 months after. If you have any comments please post them so I can make each and every party better than the last.

I would like to thank TCPL for helping me plan this one.
Show ALL Forums  > Alberta  > PoF Party Red Deer Details. - Sept 18, 2010