Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is respecting an individual's privacy something important in a relati      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bucsgirl
Msg: 20
Is respecting an individual's privacy something important in a relationship,Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
"I think the idea that everything within the relationship should stay between just the 2 people (not a breath to family, friends, People Magazine) is a Western concept."

I very specifically said in the OP that's how I am, and further clarified that it wasn't a matter of right or wrong, that everyone's boundaries will be different.
 Cynderella
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Is respecting an individual's privacy something important in a relationship,
Posted: 8/10/2010 9:35:22 AM

Unless you are engaged or exclusive do you up the anti to have privileged information

I have often wondered about my own actions once...

I was with a man many years, "TRUSTED" him like no other. I fully felt no desire to snoop, investagate or even prod. Even when he would not add me on "Facebook", went outside to make phone call, got a cel didn't give me the #.
Then everything changed...
Living together planning a long life with eachother...he broke my "TRUST", broke "our" vacation to visit an ex, for she was in from outta country.
I was so broken and with heavy a heart, I "snooped".
Never feeling right and most very hard on myself for doing so...it ending in finding so much garbage, not from his past, ( which is none of my business) but all while we were together...sercret phone calls, 2 planned vacations together at her home outta town, leaving me at (with no word) Christmas to have dinner with her, motel receipts...but they are "only friends". I walked.

Met a great guy from here (L.D.R.) which can be hard on the TRUST" issues but never felt any desire to prod. He even gave me his pass word to everything...one day some posting were written outta very poor taste ( a whole other story ) but I felt I needed to intervene to save his face. Having the trust we did, I entered his password only to be crushed! He was sharing naked photos with an other POFer, many intimate letters...some even painted me in a bad light.
With heavy heart again...I walked in this case pushed delete.

So I guess in some ways snooping is the "light" in a doomed relationship...once "TRUST" is broken...

As for keeping one's secret if asked...no problem my head is full and even after the friendships are no longer , it's still safe with me.

Bottom line for me...
Don't go there unless you are ready to get burned!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is respecting an individual's privacy something important in a relationship,