Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 badge73
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Long distant relationship ?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
im not a big fan of long distance relationships as found them quite exhausting and expensive, think of the hours travelling, arriving and she wants to go out when i would have a pot of tea and collapse on the sofa. then to top it off wonders why your skint .....
 Ed Bear
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Long distant relationship ?
Posted: 8/4/2010 4:03:55 AM
One positive thing, though: in a long-distance relationship, one can take the time and effort to make more of your time together Good Time, and less time-wasting and Putting-Up-With.
ED BEAR
 Mikitaka
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2010 11:05:08 AM
As H says, she's already met the guy on holiday, so she has a better opinion of what to expect. Meeting someone locally is a lottery in itself, so there is a chance it will be a wasted trip as far as the matching goes. If you at least make a day of it, sightseeing, seeing new bars and people it won't all be in vain. I'd give it a try, it's a little adventure that might lead to beautiful things. I couldn't do it every week though, once a month, until you are convinced it's right and then plan on relocating - Hawaii would be nice!
 harmonyharvest
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/4/2010 11:37:04 AM
I have tried it and had it not work. It was not because of the distance however...through talking it became clear that are intentions for each other were different.

Recently I met someone and unfortunately this happened right before I move away, sigh..Plus, the two of us could not afford to visit one another long distance...we will be too far away to keep the relationship going. For now we are enjoying our time together and what the future holds....wait and see. If we both are still single and I was able to move back to the area, I'd definitely be asking about re-kindling what we started when able too.

If you are fine with the L.D. visit each other and see what happens....never know till you try
 ~Hams~
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2010 1:27:39 PM
I've tried and failed a couple of times now to make a long distance relationship work.

I guess it depends on several things like are you happy only seeing your new partner
once a week if he or she lives very far away and what happens if only one of you drives?

I won't even consider dating anyone now unless they live in my town or somewhere near.

It would be lovely if they lived in the same street but I think thats asking for too much!

Whilst I may be against long distance relationships they can work though if your lucky.
 try1more
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2010 9:24:35 PM
this is the problem with over thinking.
stop thinking of this as a dating site, the place to meet "the one"
try thinking of it as a place to just meet other single people and "maybe" one you want to date.
you've found someone you can talk to, get along with, whats wrong with making friends?
put it this way if you had a good friend and they moved 4 hrs drive away would you write em off or keep in touch and meet when you could?
as for what if's, deal with them if and when they happen.

hope it goes well for you
 SaMurray007
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2010 3:13:25 AM
In my last relationship, I fell for my pen pal in California while visiting her. For almost 2 years it was wonderful, we would talk every day, visited every chance we got, but I would not have entertained the idea without the knowledge that she was planning to move to Scotland no matter what happened.

While we did ultimately break up, it wasn't really due to distance factors, and I wouldn't be totally averse to a long distance thing again, however while just trying to get back into dating, I won't be specifically looking too far away.

Maybe not quite as far as about 20 hours door to door next time. :)
 4x4fan
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/13/2012 6:03:18 PM
Long distance relationships = lots of chatting on the phone and very little sex = what's the point ;(
 4x4fan
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/14/2012 7:29:34 AM
Exactly Kirks......
lol..It's the quintessential lesbian type relationship..lol
 lovelysky63
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/17/2012 11:54:07 PM
I think it ok if you both love ,honest ,secure each other that can pass go well:)
 apurfectmeow
Msg: 67
Posted: 1/25/2012 2:18:44 AM
Its not like they live across the pond. I say go for it.
 scriba1
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2012 2:38:56 PM
I read about a couple having a relationship 1,500 miles apart!
That's gotta be love!
 wanted555
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2012 7:38:31 PM
i agree with hams / ive tried it too and communication is important / but if your just making it by and being able to call is expensive / you can miscommunicate and feelings can be hurt and you can lose something which shouldnt of been left behind / on the other hand you can be doing something which doesnt grow for the heart and soul / if love is more important than lust building a life together is what its all about / wish i knew that 20 years ago .. sigh!
 wanted555
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2012 7:40:36 PM
of course its different if you are married and live together basically / im talking about not living together on the whole
 *rem*
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2012 5:47:38 PM
cinderfreak....... you have sussed me out, how asstute you are! Now please excuse me while I try to get both feet in one slipper, put on an extra jumper and put the yellow pages on the fire.... oh, n a nice cup of tea!

Funny tho

Ed Bear
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Long distance relationship ?
Posted: 3/7/2012 2:30:10 AM
Ant2312: Dude, all ya gotta do is watch 22 MINUTES.

Are English People frayed bell ends? What the hell is a frayed bell end? Bell-bottom trouser ends? Does it get any more English?
Ed Bear
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >