Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What does "non-religious" mean to you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mr.evil
Msg: 20
What does non-religious mean to you?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Hahahaha!!!!

"religion is a creation of mankind"

It goes well beyond that to "it is a business of mankind, it is not merely 'believeing in god."

Religions are all about the MONEY, not the belief, the sooner you guys get this, the better off you'll be. Do you think the buildings are free? Do you think the pastor, shamin, priest or whatever live for free? Wake up, religions want the MONEY!
 christ on a crutch
Msg: 21
view profile
History
What does non-religious mean to you?
Posted: 8/6/2010 11:24:07 AM
^^ oh, come now! that trillion dollars of loot in the vatican's basement is for the glory of god! think about it - if you had god's power, wouldn't you stuff your portfolio too? shake down the peasantry with your threats of hellfire? of course you would. what are they gonna do - stop believing or something?
 eastwood969
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/7/2010 3:31:41 PM
Religion is history, some of it is real and some of it has been artificially changed for the purpose of collecting money. But rituals in religion is what seperates one religion from another so if you don't practice any kind of rituals than you aren't really what I call religious.
 ~*Isabel Kitty*~
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2010 10:32:56 AM
I put non-religious for a few reasons...I don't know what I believe in, maybe there's a God, maybe there's not....Heaven is a nice thought but it doesn't make it real. I never been to church, or read a bible. I do not follow any "religious" stuff. So non-religious to me means between being "Atheist" or having some religion. :p
 Helen0426
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/10/2010 11:26:37 AM

"Christian - Other" would certainly be a more accurate description of the woman above than "non-religious." Don't you agree?

Probably. But why on earth do you care?

I don't like "Prefer Not to Say" as an answer to "Do you want children?" I feel that it's a very simple yes/no, and not terribly personal in a dating context. But I'm not crusading about it. I just don't date men who say that.

To answer the titular question, misleading though it is in context of the text, to me, "Non-Religious" simply means not subscribing to a specific religion. That's a pretty big umbrella.
 NiceandEdgy
Msg: 26
Posted: 8/11/2010 9:04:55 PM
Its subjective. I am non-religious and to me that means; I do not attend Church nor will I ever just to appease someone. IMO is is disrespectful and disingenuous to go to Church for any other reason than to praise Christ... or a Mosque to praise Allah... or a Shrine to praise Buddha.

I respect all religions and will not debate God with anyone... EVER. It is just too divisive and not my place to say a damn thing about. Those who stand on their soap boxes, the Sunday warriors, the do as I say and not as I do people... are the reason that I am not religious. I do believe in God, but imo God is everywhere. I can praise Him anywhere and follow his teachings 24/7/365
 chantillyqueen2017
Msg: 27
Posted: 3/13/2017 5:49:22 AM
It is a nonsense word. As soon as you believe in somethimg yjat bedomes your religion even if it is your own made up belief.
 chantillyqueen2017
Msg: 28
Posted: 3/13/2017 5:52:28 AM
You made up your own religion its called I dont know religion. There is no suh thing as non-religious
 Maleman999
Msg: 29
Posted: 3/13/2017 11:17:44 AM
^^You might have a point, if I interpret your misspelled words right. I've met and know people who classify themselves as being non-religious, but they feel there is some type of higher power or spirit watching over everybody. But they don't classify it as being religious, because this higher power doesn't fit the cookie cutter mold of what God/Allah/Buddha is and the religions who try to add human characteristics to their God, or believe God was on Earth at some point in human form, and suddenly disappeared. A virgin (a married one at that) giving birth is a little hard to comprehend as well.
 Damilovely
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2017 5:40:26 AM
Most evangelical and Pentecostal Christians don't refer to their relationship with Christ/God as a religion.
It's faith or spiritual life.
 hemingway234
Msg: 31
Posted: 3/16/2017 6:09:05 AM
Non-religious means they are not a top catch.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What does "non-religious" mean to you?