Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 54
How do I get rid of this horrible feeling?!Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
What did you say that was so offensive? A text can be taken the wrong way when it's read. The receiver doesn't take it in the way that we meant it. Learn from this, & from this point on, don't get into any heavy or serious conversations via text. He sounds very petty & immature to me. I think he would have broken up w/you over something else if you didn't send him the offensive text. Maybe that's just how he is. Not giving you the chance to even explain yourself, he's acting like an immature little baby. To hell w/him. He needs to grow up. Do you want to date a little boy or a man? Stop beating yourself up over this. Put things into proportion. You barely knew him, he was basically a stranger. You don't know a person in 3 weeks! You got attached way too fast to him. You are being WAY to hard on yourself, punishing yourself b/c he's acting like an ass. Stop it! Eat a good meal, take your vitamins, & if you have acess to a treadmill or walking path, walk daily for 20 minutes. It will help tremenously, trust me on this & try it. It will improve your mood after the first time. This guy would have found something else to get all offended about sooner or later, better sooner so you can see how he is before you waste anymre time w/him. Get back out there & start dating, so you can meet a nice man who is worthy of your time.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 55
How do I get rid of this horrible feeling?!
Posted: 8/30/2011 4:04:49 PM
So, he can make comments, & you can't? It's ok no matter what he says, but if you make a comment that is true, you're in the wrong & goodby? It is TRUE that shaving down there will make you look prepubescent. Pedophiles like that. How is this comment even offensive? It's a true statement. Does he have a guilty conscience? Why else would he completely over react to this? He blew it way out of proportion. I suggest you look at the sex offender web site & see if he is on there. This guy is acting like a pervert who likes little girls. Stay away from him before you end up bound & gagged in the trunk of his car. The comment "offended" him b/c his dirty little secret fantasy is out.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 56
Posted: 8/30/2011 4:08:18 PM
I had a neighbor who was a convicted sex offender. After he got served his time, he dated legal age girls that looked very young, had small thin body frames & small breast, just like a young, under age teen girl. Beware!
 medana
Msg: 58
Posted: 8/30/2011 4:23:42 PM
i am sorry to hear about your troubles, baby doll... just remember, that regardless what anyone says, we all make choices according to what program is running in our heads, and other people are just actors playing a role in our internal dialogue... what am saying is that however he decided to react to it has everything to do with him and nothing to do with you.

the fact that you made a joke and raised a concern is a good thing, u communicated ur truth to him, and he decided to become belligerent about it. that says to me that he has had some issues with the subject before, and this referring to pedophilia is touching a sore subject, because if it was not a trigger why get so mad? a normal person would not get mad, that is a question i asked myself many years ago, when, as a teenager, i started shaving... and the explanations i heard from men is what made me change my perspective on how it's just a lot more sanitary and hygienically efficient.

i just know for myself, that i never go down on a bush... if it's not shaven, male or female, my mouth won't be near it, that's all... nothing worse than lil hairs in ur throat... ;o)

as for him... my question, the most important issue here, is : why is he so freaked out about being accused of pedophilia????? did someone accuse him before, does he think he is, what happened to make it an issue to be re-stimulated so violently by a light hearted joke?

THAT is a big red flag to me, if it was someone i was dating, i'd run a search on arrest records and do a background check to make sure he has not had runs w the law on the subject, and i'd do some investigating. that's a serious red flag to me, his behavior says he got demons w pedophilia, just don't know what they r
 Sully8545
Msg: 59
Posted: 8/30/2011 4:32:47 PM
He wasn't into you. He used your comment as a way out of the relationship.
 tiny timmacho
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2011 7:55:30 AM
Hmmmm, I think this fella was just looking for an excuse to end things,
between you, if this guy felt anything for you he would have just laughted it off as
a Joke the way it was meant,

Better luck next time babe, move on, there are some odd bods out there
 Greatcatch12345
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/31/2011 8:01:23 AM
what exactly did u say??
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >