Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > guy or girls-why didnt u date them anymore-reasons      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 88
guy or girls-why didnt u date them anymore-reasonsPage 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
This was from awhile ago, but I went on a date with someone who showed up looking nothing like their picture. .they looked 10 years older,and 40-50 lbs heavier. On top of that, they told me I could get my own food, and they would get theirs.. Now, I don't expect someone to pay entirely, it's nice, but at least make the gesture. Furthermore, when we sat down to eat our food, and have a conversation, he would literally pause the conversation to physically turn his head and look at any attractive woman that passed by. And he actually said he had a good time, and that I should call him if I felt like hanging out. He even mentioned that on one of his previous dates, a woman told him she had to leave 5 minutes after getting there. .(once she saw he posted a very old photo), and he couldn't figure out why. :P
 jpwrnglrwmn_forumsonly
Msg: 89
guy or girls-why didnt u date them anymore-reasons
Posted: 6/14/2012 8:54:43 PM
Good point..Well, this was when I was first starting out online dating. Back then, I was more optimistic,and I thought I would give him the benefit of the doubt. .that he might turn out to be a nice guy. :P Now, if the same thing happened, I would probably do what that woman did, and leave as soon as I saw I had been lied to.
 Mr_Nonchalance
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 6/14/2012 10:04:38 PM
1.Same like th op after 3 dates did not offer to pay.from past experience women like this dont tend to be giving people and take.you should not have to tell a date to offer after 3 dates it should come natural if she is the giving type.

2.One chic would openly talk about the other guys she was dating,i understand dating til you find the right person but when you openly state your dating around makes you want to put in less effort.

3.another seems like it would take monthes of dating for sex.if a person have had great relationships with less than 3 dates and have had sex your not going to wait for monthes,thats just going backwards.

4.a women my guess who is use to having guys drool all over her made it feel like it was a privilge just to be on a date with her yet she was shallow and dress like i would be stopped because cops would assume she was a hooker and i was her pimp.

5.the interracial dates that went wrong because they expected the bad boy thug/gangsta type of guy,their family would likely not accept me or just tolerate because she could have done worse,also some would go out their way to show they were dating a black dude like it makes them seem unique or different.

6.i have delt with women who are angry and bitter because they have been screwed over by many men or just a certain ex's.i felt like i was being interrogated and judge i have had partners that run well over the double digits.some was so bad i think just one more guy that screwed them over i could end up with my penis chopped off and thrown into the bushes or end up on that show snapped,i just did not like the fact i could be that dude even if im not a bad person.
 Lionesse19
Msg: 91
Posted: 6/14/2012 11:46:34 PM
You should have stipulated for a first meet that you go dutch and for half an hour. Why should a guy pay? She may be earning the same as you or more and it is supposed to be equal rights nowadays.

If you invited her to dinner the second time then sure you pay. If she didnt say thanks she had no manners and after the third date a lot of men expect some sort of sex. You could have mentioned that you are not rich and that she should contribute.
If she disappeared then you know she was not into you. However by itself it would not be a dealbreaker if I were truly interested.
 amore01
Msg: 92
Posted: 6/15/2012 12:06:46 AM
the last guy was not only clingy he was very pushy for a relationship.I could get over the "white goop" that was always around his mouth to even kiss him..was way too much for me.ewww!
 strolly10
Msg: 93
Posted: 6/15/2012 12:47:46 AM
you stopped seeing someone because you took her out and you had to pay for the coffee and then the next few dates? ..welcome to the world of dating sweetie, ..... wake up and "smell" the coffee instead of only paying for it lol
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 94
Posted: 6/15/2012 11:14:18 AM
2.One chic would openly talk about the other guys she was dating,i understand dating til you find the right person but when you openly state your dating around makes you want to put in less effort.

I think it's good to play "zone" coverage and not "one on one" coverage (football analogy) when in the Pre-Dating phase of things. If you hit it off repeatedly a few times and have no other rare options on the table, then you go one-on-one. But if you TELL them that, it comes across as if you're not that into them. Just as with other personal stuff, you shouldn't open up a can of worms while in that getting-to-know-ya/feeling-out pre-season phase.

I think people lack interest in someone, who's in their league, due to small reasons, and so many factors can be involved. The closer you are with someone, the less random factors play a role, and it's more about you and/or how you-and-they mesh.

Approaching & "picking up" a girl (conversation, banter, getting a #) has a lot of factors involved. If you're not a stand-out 'hot' guy in their eyes, many little things can play a role, and it's a role of the dice for you many times. She could be stewing over an recent ex. You could remind her of a guy she doesn't like. Or a guy she has liked (ball bouncing your way). Her mood could be off. You're in the window-shopping phase, and like some shoppers, one day they'll look through the window and ponder a bit and walk away, and another day they could be more interested and walk inside the store.

When you are in the Pre-Dating phase (usually first few dates or handful of pseudo-dates), them stepping away has more to do with you, although they could have just gone with the flow because of a lack of 'great' prospects, and you were good enough... but a 'great' prospect came along... or an ex... or you weren't fitting what jived with her, which can vary from one year to the next.

When you are actually Dating (where it's a given that you're going to see them again and again, no plans required), then I think that has more to do with your personality, and bigger factors are more common as to why. But many times, you don't end up meshing, any honeymoon phase or 1st-week-at-work feeling has passed, and you're both how you really really are.
 onlydateIF
Msg: 95
Posted: 6/15/2012 11:08:30 PM
I am extremely clear upfront about who I am what I am and am NOT looking for. What has happened many times is he withhold crucial info which is a dealbreaker, hoping he can hook me and then change my mind. I don't need my mind changed though. I've had enough experience to have both wisdom and clarity, so I don't beat around the bush. I say:this is how I am, take it or leave it. 'He' wasn't quite so telling, which ruined the trust factor and my interest the times this has happened. I'm good the way I am and won't lower my dealbreakers just so he can have his way with.. me.
 Misty-Misty26
Msg: 96
Posted: 6/16/2012 8:57:18 AM
For me the first date goes that the tubes as soon as the guy takes out his cell phone to send or recieve a text. I cannot stand it, and it's just plain rude. I was on a date with this guy, we went bowling, and lets just say i really suck at it. So, instead of him being alittle encoruaging, he kinda ridiculed my bowling ability all through out. I were already embarrassed enough. After that we went to a coffee shop for cookie. I were talking to him about my interestes and he instantly take out his phone and starts texting. He did it twice, and cut me off and said he had to meet someone....but hurried up and recanted. Our cars were parked next to each other n i give him a light hug and he tries to go in for a kiss. I move and he get my cheek. UGH! I was so disgusted.

I never sopke to him again. I had another date similiar to that. Except he didnt get to sneak a kiss. The moment he started texting I was out!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > guy or girls-why didnt u date them anymore-reasons