Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Texas  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Secret revealed
Msg: 235
Why do most women not reply or give it a try?Page 12 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Well in general I find that the women of Texas aren't very outgoing or friendly... generally speaking ANYWHERE you meet 'em. On POF they're even worse apparently! LOL!

I believe I've had my profile on POF for almost a year and a half now, and haven't met a soul... you'd think dinner and a movie, or just dinner somewhere, would be an easy sell. But oh no! Not here! Grrrr!

I'm just about ready to delete my profile on here... there's really no point to it anymore. (sigh)

You might be fortunate some hasn't replied to you and or met you.
Having met a few causes caution to be extremely important and probably more important than ever.

Having met more than my share of married women and one druggie plus having met one woman two weeks ago that couldn't call to let me know she would be an hour and half late then lying to me about setting a date up the next night. Said she was free then the next day text me telling me she had already told her cousins she would go out with them. "DAMN" And women say me lie and are bad news?

Having said the above ,I do have to say POF has some very good ladies that are sincere.

Some women do not reply for the same reason some men do not reply to women. I get e-mail from women that have no idea who they are or what they want. After reading their profile I delete their mail without replying.

Some send chit lik,e do you wanna? I just delete and block them.
 faith2565
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Why do most women not reply or give it a try?
Posted: 2/9/2008 3:17:26 PM
[quote
If you have not invested in putting yourself out there in your profile, don't expect anyone to invest themselves in you. Even if you do pour your heart out in your profile, you may simply not be of interest to someone you are interested in. There are plenty of roosters strutting around this digital hen house and you simply may not measure up in every chick's eyes

this statement is true. Some people put to much information on their profile and people just do not read it all. The things I look at (religion, age, location, picture, children,employment, smoker). If those things do not match then we are not going to match. I go to church regularly. I am in my 40's. I have a picture. My children are grown or close to grown and do not desire anymore children or even raising someone's children. I am employed continously for almost 20 years. I do not smoke. These things are important to me. I do not just go on a face or bio.
 Secret revealed
Msg: 240
Posted: 2/9/2008 9:43:40 PM

you’ll have to initiate contact with 100 to even get a single response… ergo, get busy or remain single.

Initiating contact is one thing,but contacting 100 to get a single response? Seems the anti has been raised quiet alot. I have no problem getting responses,however,some are not wanted,some are fun,some are weird,some have nothing to say except , "HI", or do you wanna ,and I wish I knew what they mean by do you wanna.

Do like me and consider moving to Canada. The women there seem to LOVE me, but I imagine that'll change once I move there.

Do you have gas money little brother?
 Secret revealed
Msg: 242
Posted: 2/10/2008 11:18:25 AM
Guys and ladies,it's no fault of POF that some can't get a response, and or a date. POF has absolutely nothing to do how people think ,or in most cases don't think.

It's the people that enjoy playing games,lying and making excuses why they're here. If you pay attention to why they say they're here some have long term but their profile says they want friends. Their profiles don't match why they claim their on here.

The same happens on any dating site,even those you pay to be on.

Just the nature of some not to respond no matter what the guy is looking for or what the woman is looking for. I read e-mail but do not respond to all because some isn't worth typing hello to.

faith2565
Msg: 243
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2008 2:36:38 PM
I just think people put to much energy and trust in these internet sites. I guess I am afraid that people are not being honest because of my experiences with other sites in the past.
 Secret revealed
Msg: 245
Posted: 2/11/2008 11:45:34 AM
Guys, We don't want a good looking guy. We want a great looking guy, who is going to worship us.
You may want to try by writing her a poem and redoing your profile.
I have talked to many people and most at one time had to redo there profile. Change up on the bait.

I write poems,however, writing poems and worshiping someone do not equate. Sounds like some wish to be bought. Worshiping a womam or a woman worshiping a man ? Sounds like someone is desperate or so freaking needy they have absolutely no self esteem or confidence in their self worth.

I know some women totally disagree with men trying to worship them. Beside,no man or woman has to worship one another to have a solid foundation for a relationship. Honesty preceeds trust and to have either you have to be confident in yourself. Respect is the ulitamate,without respect you are not going to be honest therefore trust is not present.

Back on Topic: Bottom line to the topic; some women do not reply to some men the same as some men do not reply to some women.

Some get e-mail that stinks,some get e-mail so perverted it scares the hell out of them. I know I have a few lady friends on POF that have receieved mail from men that scared them so bad they deleted their profile then started another using a different user name.

Many reasons why men and women do not reply. They don't have to is another reason they do not reply. Probably the real reason why!

Just my unsolicited opinion and point of view.

Secret revealed
Msg: 253
Posted: 2/15/2008 2:07:52 PM

Oh yeah Guy's...and after you read there profile, read there...MUST NOT LIST...and if they go into the Forums, read all of the reply's in that little block, it will tell you alot about the woman your looking at, don't judge by the picture...I know some goodlooking women, I wouldn't trust with a Broken Watch

Cowboysanta, you could not have pointed out the real issue better.

What you say applies both to men and women alike. What people post in forums most forget thousands of people read each message posted. So many that read the meesages here then check profiles see the contradictions.

And,women as well as men always posting negative messages cause others to shy away. I know I've read too many messages posted by some that have nothing to talk about other than their sex lives or lack thereof, not to mention they bash the opposite sex.

Who wants to reply to people that have nothing better to say than talk sex all the time or bash the opposite sex, or their ex-wife or ex-husband? Not me!

It's a foregone conclusion most women and men will not respond to those that fit in the aforementioned categories.

Secret revealed
Msg: 257
Posted: 2/18/2008 5:28:04 PM

Well anyhows I gave up today and wiped my pics and other info from my profile. I'm not blaming the website for things, it's nicely designed and the theory is sound... but reality is there's nobody here for me and never will be unless I can get convicted of a felony I guess. It's an insane world I swear.

Regards and best wishes peeps. The site admins can delete my profile whenever they like, as I can't find a "Delete My Profile" button anywere. Oh well....

You didn't check the right section out....Check the section for complaining and you'll meet her....
 CantBMeant2Balone
Msg: 259
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2008 2:05:46 PM
for one... maybe it would help if you put a picture up.. they say that has 75% to do with it.. you cant date someone you arnt attracted too.. so try that.. i promise youll get more responses.
 AnnF
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2008 4:07:04 PM
"But allot of the women on this I see that are not of quality people to meet.'

Gee, that explains why men aren't interested, I am not of quality. Why do I even bother joining these sites?

Oh and btw, allot is really spelled a lot.
 ligonmaximus
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2008 12:32:14 PM
Hey sublime great post! Love what you wrote here, "And if your pleas for affection are denied. Your message left unread, deleted or heaven forbid, both. What you simply can’t do is wage an unending shock & awe campaign of email bombs in an effort to force a capitulation response. “Why, why can’t she see that we are perfect for each other?“ You lament. Why, why do you care? Ten sorties of emails in two minutes is not a demonstration of your unyielding will or the dominion of a man who will not be denied. It’s the pathetic moan of a desperate **stard, grasping for the last vestiges of his manhood. Grab your boys and yank hard. This will certainly confirm your gender, and jolt you back to reality" (sublime 2008).

It is also a CONTROL ISSUE as well when guys or girls try to bombard someone with tons of e-mails. They are trying to MAKE someone like them. We all know that you can never MAKE or CONTROL anyone. (does not apply to people who abuse others they control thru fear)
 ligonmaximus
Msg: 265
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2008 5:04:06 PM
cowboysanta I just noticed your posts after a month later! lol I think you make a wonderful point about men reading what the women write on the forums. Looks only goes so far. As men we are naturally going to be more visual than women of course. However, we must truly get to know their personality and part of this is viewing what they write on the forums. As men if someone asks us why we like a particular lady. I think the first words out of our mouth should never be about her looks. It should be about her personality first then her looks come second or third. Also, the posters who are discussing how some of us need to improve our profiles, I would have to agree 100%. My profile could use massive improvement.

Same goes for women as well of course as someone else mentioned a few posts above.
 Cajunangel
Msg: 274
Posted: 3/10/2009 8:09:33 AM
I agree, on the woman's side also...if we take the time to write a gentlemen, they can also have the common courtesy & respect to write back....!
 Evil Runt
Msg: 275
Posted: 3/15/2009 8:53:37 PM
Cajunangel - I totally agree with you... I don't know how many men I have reached out to just to pay a compliment on their profile or to simply just say hello and not to even get an acknowledgment in return....

And YOU MEN question why some of the women don't make the first move at contacting... Well Sir Men!!! I speak on behalf of some of the women (including myself) on here when I say we simply get tired of just trying to give a friendly hello and strike up a conversation and all we get in return is a read/delete or simply just a delete response.... In my opinion that is just right out rude rather you find that person interesting to you or not - you can at least acknowledge with a simple Thank you.

Rather I find the person that sent me a message interesting or not I still have enough respect and common courtsey to respond.. Period! And it should work both ways..

It doesn't mean that you owe that person anything other then the courtsey of responding. Plus you never know....... hmmmmmmmmmmmm you just might make a friend out it...
 Cajunangel
Msg: 276
Posted: 3/18/2009 11:29:51 AM
Yep I agree....the key to all of this is 1-word..... "COMMUNICATION".....!
 Cajunangel
Msg: 278
Posted: 3/18/2009 7:23:32 PM
It's called respect, manners and courtesy to reply back to someone.

Don't classify all of us women in that category...I have never sent a man a nasty e-mail back....my response to them is "thanks for the reply back, I hope you find what you are seeking, good luck"....
 Cajunangel
Msg: 280
Posted: 3/19/2009 9:46:12 AM
I wasn't getting personal, sorry if you took it personal, it was not meant that way at all....

I was giving my opinion to the post...
 Jeweldancer
Msg: 284
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2009 10:16:55 PM
People make choices...if you do not get a reply move on... Some people get over loaded with responses, others can not be bothered for what ever reason....
Look at the positives as there are plenty of fish and those are butt a few...
Wishing you well on the trip in the futurre...
 rico9414
Msg: 285
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2009 1:21:04 PM
I have contacted about 20 women. I have gotten 2 replies. Both negative. In my particular case, i believe, its my status. SEPERATED. I feel that i am being judged on their past relationships. But i will continue to be honest. To me, i think people like this might be a little narrow minded. I feel each seperation has its own set of circumstances. Don't judge the book by its cover. Or maybe i'm just down right ugly.
 sunnykatt
Msg: 291
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2011 6:59:05 PM
I have replied to the handful of messages that I have gotten since I signed up.

What you wrote can be said for the men as well. I write messages all the time to men in my area and 99% of the time never hear back from any of them.
 sykominitrkr
Msg: 292
Posted: 5/3/2011 12:30:53 AM
I've talked to quite a few girls on here, and some of them have told me that sometimes they're either just NOT interested, or they're getting so many messages, it's hard to keep up. Sometimes, they don't respond, because they've already gotten so many perverted/rude messages, they don't even wanna bother with the rest! So, if you don't get a response, don't take it personal, just keep trying!...good luck, and happy fishing!
 JAD2011
Msg: 297
Posted: 9/7/2011 7:51:32 PM
I could say the same thing ... in reverse.

I got out on a limb and contact men if I see someone I like ... and 99 percent of the time I get ignored. No response at all ... nothing.

It's like the men on here are after perfect blond bombshell models and not looking any farther than the photos they see. They want the impossible and anything else they aren't even going to bother with.

So ... been there, done that and seeing it from a different angle. *sigh*

JAD
 TxRebel45
Msg: 303
Posted: 11/4/2011 8:54:51 AM
I don't understand this either. OR If they reply then they don't ever follow through with talking. If I respond to the woman then I obviously would like to get to know her...I find It's the woman that don't respond back 99% of the time. I tend to wonder who's for real on here anymore..
Show ALL Forums  > Texas  >