Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Texas  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 badmane2
Msg: 209
Why do most women not reply or give it a try?Page 3 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
God bless you Deb1110 for doing that. Your heart is in the right place. Common courtesy goes a long way. More people should be that way.
 SimoneSays
Msg: 210
view profile
History
Why do most women not reply or give it a try?
Posted: 6/11/2007 2:36:18 PM
Yay! Deb!

I also answer all of my messages - it just seems like the proper thing to do. Sometimes I just send a message to someone who I have nothing in common with except I like their page, I think they have a great smile, they're well written - something... I don't expect a response to those - I just like to know someone smiled.

But yes, I think it's incredibly rude when people don't answer the messages sent to them.

- Simone
 SimoneSays
Msg: 212
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2007 4:22:41 PM
Oh, good call!!
 Ahoytheredave
Msg: 216
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2007 12:59:08 PM
I recently checked out a web site that had detailed info on women on dating sites and their height restrictions. JR at 5'7", you will find that 75% of women will not be interested in you based on height alone. That is before anything else is considered. It really doesn't pay to invest too much emotion in your attempts at first contact.

Put yourself in their shoes. It is an emotional burdon to tell someone you are not interested.
 benkohn
Msg: 219
Posted: 12/22/2007 9:21:53 PM
Dear:
Not personally replying to each and every personal note is simply just plain rude, crude and abussive and a show of bad habits, immaturity and bad manners. Anyone getting blessed with too much email is likely attractive. The fact one is attractive is no excuse for a bad personality (proven to be correlated by repeated psychological studies) and tolerating forming bad habits that lead to clearly women or men behaving badly that will damage and irritate others too. If one gets too much mail one should shut off one's profile till one gets caught up on properly and personally replying to every one. Yes, I do know this bad behavior is the standard upon almost every service but it is exactly the same wrongful inhumane and disgustingly inappropraite bad manners. Yes, this is the same form of bad behavior started in bars by gals thinking men should buy them drinks and that they can reject and act rudely to other humans. There was a book release within the past 3 years in which a woman pretended to be a man. The key point I gained from the author's interview about that book was that the most suprising thing of all to her that she learned during research was how "abominably cruel and insensitive women were to as a man in such meeting situations where she approached them for trying to set up to meet and potentially set up a date!". She was so grossly disgusted that for the rest of her research she only used internet sites since she just could not deal with the negative projections from women in trying to emulate a man so she could do research with some dating for the book.
There is a price to pay for such positive attention. As with wealth it is not appropriate to just immaturely waste it all upon ourselves. Instead adults are supposed to find ways to carry the responsibility attendant with such power and to apply it constructively for the most betterment to others and protect those around us in the process from damage them with these excesses.
 Ahoytheredave
Msg: 220
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2007 9:24:57 PM
It really doesn't matter how wonderful a guy 5'7" may be if the search or contact limits set by the woman eliminate him before any contact is actually made. 75% of women eliminate men 5'7" before they would ever make contact. If the guy has not been blocked, chances are, they read as far as "height" and move on. The odd thing is that teaches guys they have nothing to loose by lying about their height. Women who have experienced this, figure a guy saying he is 5'7" may really be 5'4". As long as so many women reward lies, the honest guys are left behind.
If you want an example, all you have to do is look at Bill Clinton. An excellent example of a lying cheater caught many times yet extremely popular with women. I would suggest, if you are upset with non-responses and being rejected by those women you are interested in, then become the person the women are attracted to. Start lying.
 benkohn
Msg: 221
Posted: 12/22/2007 9:49:09 PM
Chemistry is the ever present EXCUSE for everything!!!!!!

It is the excuse of the lazy, ignorant and spoiled that the other person did not inspire them to be HUMAN!!!!!

It is similar to people complaining about being Bored! You have to be substantially BORRING to get BORED.

We all learn how to create chemistry from the time of Birth and maybe even before!

What a crock of ship!

How could anyone past 21 not know all that!!!

That is why there are so many signs saying "SLOW CHILDREN PLAYING!"

Talk about the good news in legalizing Infanticide!!
My Ma was wise and she drowned all the slow ones before month number two!!!
 benkohn
Msg: 222
Posted: 12/22/2007 11:20:02 PM
Dear:
You are mostly right but then the stuff about Plano TX if I get it right. This is the local common small town incestuous inbreeding. Most people in San Antonio and most larger cities are less into that small stuff. Now do not get me wrong there as many pretentious Asses/1000 here and more but that game just does not play well out in the open here. I could be wrong. Hell I get the feeling most gals are too open minded to the point of being dramatically naive and foolish about things that are real important like financial security. Just think about it. Money is the number one reason for fights in marriages and probably all relationships.

This thread is about people completely doing their homework for gals. That is another area most just learn it is easier to be inappropriate instead of busting their ass so "f--- Y--" I won't even reply.

As far as getting results with good profiles review mine for something distinct difference built around humor from all the unending pain. There are always Excuses for all bad behavior so we need not actually attend to it properly.

There is no reason that gals appropriately would be so foolish in this process (that is other than the overwhelming state of foolishness in humaness). The answer is they are spoiled much as we all are in an affluent decadent society. Bad manners and spoiled children all of us too often.

The real problem is so much simpler and rarely considered. We all were brainwashed with destructive idealistic images and myths about romance and matching. Prince Charming, Snowwhite, the old fifties movies which only dealt with the biggest, hardest, most important part of relationship with the phrase ".....and they lived happily ever after!" We could not teach children more destructive patterns for dealing with the immense challenges and responsibilities of very intimate longterm relationships and CHILDREERING. It is surprising that anyone works out their problems to make a good relationship.

Too often instead of us growing and maturing with the pattern of relationships people just go backsliding to the same old patterns of this ignorant myth based ideology that they started using in teenage dating. It failed miserably in teenage and yet it was in some limited ways partially fun and fullfilling (as good as we know). So we just keep going back to the same well to get barely a different form of the same poisoning.

Many people are so impatient with imperfection they just say screw it and give up on marriages and relationships with children and years of investment. To go into then one after another similar relationship to trip upon the same failed imperfections they refuse to address. They get nowhere like an idiot spinning his wheels one the ice continuously racing the engine for the same miserable failed results.

We have such a appearance fettish that most gals most focus on Movie star quality hygiene, care of complexion, make up and styling in hair, clothes, accessories. This takes so much of their time along with their masculinization in the work place that they have little if any time and attention left for working upon their personality and spiritual work. This makes them beautiful narcicisstic immature children under the surface and veneer. They are great at learning to live a wonderful life but have no accountability for ruining the earth since many men and women poorly understand how to live within their means and be productive not consumptive in their lives.

Let us get back to the point. I have found in a decade of hard work that it is very rare even for a gal to understand that this dating and matching is important. Why put time and effort into it for anything more than entertainment? Dinners, drinks, shows, boating, vacationing all for the taking? Why would anyone work hard to create something of true value when they think others are supposed to cover the tab. No I am not suggesting that most gals are JUST out for a Free lunch (actually a very expensive degrading submissive position to be despised). But old habits die hard especially of preferential treatment and favors when WE DO NOT need to earned or pay for them directly. Even in my own siblings three decades after leaving home the oldest can't really adjust to not getting special considerations from their own younger siblings because they were older and bigger than those younger sibs without earning those now as adults. No one wants to give up the freebies.

I have been very impressed just how many gals have their own support and say that they are not interested in money. What people insist upon often is not the truth but upon the surface there is a common line that they do not need men "for support". Unfortuantely this has transitioned into behavior for a long time that they do not NEED MEN. The basic problem as I said is few women could argue why it is more than nice to have a long term relationship with all the work and trouble it will require. So they have just convinced themselves that they really do not need to try too hard. MOST ARE SIMPLY MOTIVATED TO DO THIS AS ENTERTAINMENT!!! They need no commitment nor passion for that. They can even escape easily if needed and move on down the raod again often better off than the last time. They often are leary of another real commitment despite their words that are easily kept on line but disceptive in many ways. WE HAVE ALL IN THE BIG CITY WITH WORLD CLASS EDUCATIONS HAVE BEEN TRAINED TO BECOME BRILLIANT LIARS WITH CHEAP WORDS, like our past president "WILD" Bill Clinton. The public was so cruel to discuss his personal issues just because the president was didling an underling Intern who legally by posistion and legal standards could not because of the status difference ever be presumed to be able to give any form of legal informed consent. Exactly like a Doctor having sex with a patient where legal consent is legally not possible no matter the intentions words nor situation regardless even if it his wise by state statute of law.

PLANNING AND ACTING TO CREATE A RELATIONSHIP OF EXCELLENCE.
Tough jobs do not just get slaved through getting accomplished by luck alone. People do not race to New Orleans to fix the huge problems there until they might feel it will be their ass bit by the problems. Studies have conclusively shown that after the age of 35 few women have a deep intention towards marriage again. Most have "Been there, done that!" attitudes. Women carry dramatically more of the work and stress of families and mariages too. They see no great deal in doing it again. Men overwhelmingly want after marriage and 35 to marry again. So all of a sudden the odds of finding a gal that will even tolerate coupling for marriage becomes obscene.

So to the finalay. Women do not even recognize more than the convenience in matching for the rest of their lives. They do this dance because they are still barely hormonally driven. Intellectually it would be a rare gal who understood and so then made a plan to override the past patterns of failure towards changing it into a pattern of near certain success if one just paints by the numbers. If we gave gals the story in full it would barely change things as it would be just like Suzy Orman preaching to so many about finances when people rarely are motivated to change unless absolutely life threatened. How many drugees break the habit instead of going stright into the final breaches and death? Did they not know the danger and importance? Well why would they not change???

Well why will they not get serious and with the program?
Find an answer to this part of the human conditions that is near hopeless and the rest is easy!!!

Where have all the Flowers Gone,
long time passing,.........

ben
Ben Kohn
ben

Ben KOhn
 Ahoytheredave
Msg: 224
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2007 11:13:13 PM

....it's very obvious that you have a problem with you're own height.....

It's the old attack the messenger when you don't like the message. The thread question concerns why women don't respond and the most common answer is the guy's height. Does this make you uncomfortable? The rest of the response is full of "I'm not guilty" anecdote. I would guess the quoted remark hit a nerve and produced a defensive (quilt) reaction to a truism many women don't wish to admit as most people don't wish to admit their prejudices. This is especially true when claiming that a man's character is most important then chastising men for concentrating on women's looks.

If you wish to find other anecdotal evidence, look for claims from women that men lie about their height and women lie about their age. People lie on dating sites to "get their foot in the door". Its a game where people wish to get past the initial screening. If I had an issue with MY height, I would do like so many women claim men do and lie about it. Instead, I point out a hypocrisy that is probably the most common answer to this thread.

Perhaps I should explain my motive for the "history" you seem to use for armchair psychoanalysis. I try to make people think about their actions. The defensive, and sometimes offensive, responses indicate I have been successful.
 Secret revealed
Msg: 227
Posted: 12/24/2007 8:41:03 AM
Why be concerned if women do not reply? Some do not have time , others do not feel it's in their best interest to reply to some, and others feel as I do about it. It's their choice and their option to delete before reading or delete after reading.

I admit I do not reply to all responses. ( the one i receive every two weeks)

Chemistry is the ever present EXCUSE for everything!!!!!! It is the excuse of the lazy, ignorant and spoiled that the other person did not inspire them to be HUMAN!!!!!

Use a match near gasoline! Great Chemistry match up huh? If ya want sparks,there ya go!

Oh damn,I forgot, chemistry is an excuse! Lets just forget chemistry and match gas with fire....

"NO BRAINER"

Ahoytheredave
Msg: 228
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2007 7:44:28 PM
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make her think.

If you don't match a person's requirements, they may respond you are not a match but still get angry replies. Some choose to simply let it fade away. Don't invest too much emotion in your introductory email.
 CantBMeant2Balone
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2008 10:46:47 PM
Because as it was said before, some of us get a bunch of e-mails in a short amount of time. And me personally.. i dont check this site every day. I have a demanding job that keeps me away. Also, i make it clear in my profile that if you dont seem like my type after i read your note, and view your profile, I will not write you back. Nothing against you but we all know that #1 thing you look at is physical attraction. If you dont think they are good looking should you really lead them on? no. #2 if you read their profile and you and them have NOTHING in common, whats the point. And.. if i got a penny for every note ive gotten on here thats said "hey sexy how you doin" I would be a millionaire. So i hope that gives you an idea. This is a good way to meet people if you dont have a lot of time to go out and meet people. But in all reality, the easiest way to meet someone is to run into them on the street, or at church, or even the grocery store. Hope that helps.
 faith2565
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2008 6:34:37 AM
I think it is a combinaton of things. I do anwer all messages and IMS's, but if I am not interested I will state that and/or simply send little cute empty responses. I might like their conversation, but not interested in meeting until I feel comfortable.

There are so many wierdo's out there and women if on this POF may live alone. So, you have to take your time and trust you gut.

When we reply to someone we do not know there history (background). Are they lieing etc. I know who I am and what I am about, but I do not know who I am talking too. Just try to send notes and see what happens.

Do not ask for a womans phone number in the first message or note. Get to know her You would be surprised how many men instant message wanting SEX or want to meet just for SEX.

WORDS OF WISDOM: Everybody does not desire SEX only or on the first date. It is hard sometimes trying to weed that out.

Some people they just are not interested in just like men can not be interested. NO picture makes it harder.

Take your time both people will know when it is right.

Have a Blessed Day!
 CantBMeant2Balone
Msg: 232
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2008 2:00:00 PM
haha I agree with everything you said here!! I DONT want you phone number right away!!! For real guys.. you think i want every guy i run into on here to have my number? YOU HAVE TO BE NUTS! You cannot tell a serial killer by talking to them on the internet or sometimes even in person. Sorry.. but i dont wanna be that girl dead on the side of the road. And guys... if you think YOU are the ONLY guy we are talking to on here.. hahaha You are in for a big suprise. The only time i can single a guy out is if i am really interested or ive been talking to them for months. If im not interested.. you cant MAKE me interested.. haha so please dont send me 10 messeges one right after the other saying "whats up", "how u doin", "your sexy", etc... If your profile says you are looking for "friends" i am not going to take you seriously. I am looking for "long term" and this is a dating site.. so im gonna probably blow you off right when i read that. Another thing.. if you have "hi, im new to houston, hit me up" as your --all about me-- section.. and thats it... im not talking to you either. How am i suppose to see if i am even interested if you dont describe something about yourself.
ok.. ive rambled enough for today.. hope this helps as well.
 Ahoytheredave
Msg: 233
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2008 2:30:50 PM
I have read in the forums here how immature some younger responders are but it seems Miss Balone is right on the mark. Perhaps her job has something to do with it. I would comment that giving someone a phone number is not so much an invitation to call but an invitation to check up on somebody if you wish to see how honest they are through reverse phone number lookup etc.

If you have not invested in putting yourself out there in your profile, don't expect anyone to invest themselves in you. Even if you do pour your heart out in your profile, you may simply not be of interest to someone you are interested in. There are plenty of roosters strutting around this digital hen house and you simply may not measure up in every chick's eyes.
 Secret revealed
Msg: 235
Posted: 2/9/2008 9:49:06 AM
Well in general I find that the women of Texas aren't very outgoing or friendly... generally speaking ANYWHERE you meet 'em. On POF they're even worse apparently! LOL!

I believe I've had my profile on POF for almost a year and a half now, and haven't met a soul... you'd think dinner and a movie, or just dinner somewhere, would be an easy sell. But oh no! Not here! Grrrr!

I'm just about ready to delete my profile on here... there's really no point to it anymore. (sigh)

You might be fortunate some hasn't replied to you and or met you.
Having met a few causes caution to be extremely important and probably more important than ever.

Having met more than my share of married women and one druggie plus having met one woman two weeks ago that couldn't call to let me know she would be an hour and half late then lying to me about setting a date up the next night. Said she was free then the next day text me telling me she had already told her cousins she would go out with them. "DAMN" And women say me lie and are bad news?

Having said the above ,I do have to say POF has some very good ladies that are sincere.

Some women do not reply for the same reason some men do not reply to women. I get e-mail from women that have no idea who they are or what they want. After reading their profile I delete their mail without replying.

Some send chit lik,e do you wanna? I just delete and block them.
 faith2565
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2008 3:17:26 PM
[quote
If you have not invested in putting yourself out there in your profile, don't expect anyone to invest themselves in you. Even if you do pour your heart out in your profile, you may simply not be of interest to someone you are interested in. There are plenty of roosters strutting around this digital hen house and you simply may not measure up in every chick's eyes

this statement is true. Some people put to much information on their profile and people just do not read it all. The things I look at (religion, age, location, picture, children,employment, smoker). If those things do not match then we are not going to match. I go to church regularly. I am in my 40's. I have a picture. My children are grown or close to grown and do not desire anymore children or even raising someone's children. I am employed continously for almost 20 years. I do not smoke. These things are important to me. I do not just go on a face or bio.
 Secret revealed
Msg: 240
Posted: 2/9/2008 9:43:40 PM

you’ll have to initiate contact with 100 to even get a single response… ergo, get busy or remain single.

Initiating contact is one thing,but contacting 100 to get a single response? Seems the anti has been raised quiet alot. I have no problem getting responses,however,some are not wanted,some are fun,some are weird,some have nothing to say except , "HI", or do you wanna ,and I wish I knew what they mean by do you wanna.

Do like me and consider moving to Canada. The women there seem to LOVE me, but I imagine that'll change once I move there.

Do you have gas money little brother?
 Secret revealed
Msg: 242
Posted: 2/10/2008 11:18:25 AM
Guys and ladies,it's no fault of POF that some can't get a response, and or a date. POF has absolutely nothing to do how people think ,or in most cases don't think.

It's the people that enjoy playing games,lying and making excuses why they're here. If you pay attention to why they say they're here some have long term but their profile says they want friends. Their profiles don't match why they claim their on here.

The same happens on any dating site,even those you pay to be on.

Just the nature of some not to respond no matter what the guy is looking for or what the woman is looking for. I read e-mail but do not respond to all because some isn't worth typing hello to.

faith2565
Msg: 243
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2008 2:36:38 PM
I just think people put to much energy and trust in these internet sites. I guess I am afraid that people are not being honest because of my experiences with other sites in the past.
 Secret revealed
Msg: 245
Posted: 2/11/2008 11:45:34 AM
Guys, We don't want a good looking guy. We want a great looking guy, who is going to worship us.
You may want to try by writing her a poem and redoing your profile.
I have talked to many people and most at one time had to redo there profile. Change up on the bait.

I write poems,however, writing poems and worshiping someone do not equate. Sounds like some wish to be bought. Worshiping a womam or a woman worshiping a man ? Sounds like someone is desperate or so freaking needy they have absolutely no self esteem or confidence in their self worth.

I know some women totally disagree with men trying to worship them. Beside,no man or woman has to worship one another to have a solid foundation for a relationship. Honesty preceeds trust and to have either you have to be confident in yourself. Respect is the ulitamate,without respect you are not going to be honest therefore trust is not present.

Back on Topic: Bottom line to the topic; some women do not reply to some men the same as some men do not reply to some women.

Some get e-mail that stinks,some get e-mail so perverted it scares the hell out of them. I know I have a few lady friends on POF that have receieved mail from men that scared them so bad they deleted their profile then started another using a different user name.

Many reasons why men and women do not reply. They don't have to is another reason they do not reply. Probably the real reason why!

Just my unsolicited opinion and point of view.

Secret revealed
Msg: 253
Posted: 2/15/2008 2:07:52 PM

Oh yeah Guy's...and after you read there profile, read there...MUST NOT LIST...and if they go into the Forums, read all of the reply's in that little block, it will tell you alot about the woman your looking at, don't judge by the picture...I know some goodlooking women, I wouldn't trust with a Broken Watch

Cowboysanta, you could not have pointed out the real issue better.

What you say applies both to men and women alike. What people post in forums most forget thousands of people read each message posted. So many that read the meesages here then check profiles see the contradictions.

And,women as well as men always posting negative messages cause others to shy away. I know I've read too many messages posted by some that have nothing to talk about other than their sex lives or lack thereof, not to mention they bash the opposite sex.

Who wants to reply to people that have nothing better to say than talk sex all the time or bash the opposite sex, or their ex-wife or ex-husband? Not me!

It's a foregone conclusion most women and men will not respond to those that fit in the aforementioned categories.

Show ALL Forums  > Texas  >