Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 susan_cd
Msg: 97
Psychics - your views?Page 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
You are not giving any, you are going back and forth between demanding proof, and declaring that anyone who has not YET proven something to you is a liar, or suffering from delusions. Make up your mind!

And I DO consider them either liars or deluded, until such time as they can prove their claims.

I am willing to have them try to prove their claims to me.

If and when they do prove to me that their psychic ability exists, I will tell them that I was mistaken, they aren't lying or deluded.

You want to declare all as yet unproven things to be false? You'll be told you are wrong, by any real scientist

No, I'm declaring all claims by alleged psychics that have been investigated properly have been proven to be false & based on that overwhelming evidence I feel/think that all those who claim psychic abilities to be liars or deluded, until such time as one of these "psychics" proves otherwise.

Since every psychic that touts their ability & has been tested properly has been shown to possess no such ability, there's no reason to give any other "psychic" the benefit of the doubt & assume that "OK, well we haven't tested you yet & until we do we'll assume your claims are true".

The burden of proof is on the person making the claim of psychic powers.

The way you have argued so far, including this statement, means you simply are insisting on substituting YOUR prejudices for the believers prejudices.

We all have prejudices. It seems to me that a prejudice againt believing in some paranormal ability whose existence has never been able to be proved is more logical than a prejudice to believe in a paranormal ability whose existence has never been able to be proved. But the believers are free to believe whatever they choose, they just shouldn't give the psychic any cash, and until the psychic HAS proven their ability the psychic shouldn't be given any media attention..
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 12/19/2010 1:58:18 PM
"No, I'm declaring all claims by alleged psychics that have been investigated properly have been proven to be false & based on that overwhelming evidence I feel/think that all those who claim psychic abilities to be liars or deluded, until such time as one of these "psychics" proves otherwise.

Since every psychic that touts their ability & has been tested properly has been shown to possess no such ability, there's no reason to give any other "psychic" the benefit of the doubt & assume that "OK, well we haven't tested you yet & until we do we'll assume your claims are true".

The burden of proof is on the person making the claim of psychic powers."
And I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU, right up to, but NOT INCLUDING the point at which you declare them to be LIARS, unless they prove themselves to you. If you stop short of that, and say that unproven claims are just that, and that you demand proof before you will accept them, we are on the same page. When you insist that it is rational for YOU to declare someone as delusional or as lying when YOU have no proof of that, is where we part ways.
To prove someone is lying, you have to show clearly that they do NOT actually believe what they are saying. This can, and has been done in many cases of paranormal chicanery. But before YOU can so label someone, YOU have to submit the proof, or YOU are ignoring logic.
To prove someone is delusional, is even MORE difficult. This is something that has often NOT been possible in legal cases, or in scientific ones. Again, it's fine that you SUSPECT that believers are fooling themselves, but if you can't PROVE it, then you are just as bad as THEY are, in making claims that you can't substantiate.
 susan_cd
Msg: 99
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 12/19/2010 5:59:37 PM

When you insist that it is rational for YOU to declare someone as delusional or as lying when YOU have no proof of that, is where we part ways.

What I declared was "It seems to me that a prejudice againt believing in some paranormal ability whose existence has never been able to be proved is more logical than a prejudice to believe in a paranormal ability whose existence has never been able to be proved."

As no paranormal ability has yet been proven to exist, there is no evidence to suggest that such an ability exists.

That being the case, it's my opinion that anyone claiming psychic powers is delusional ( it may be a simple misinterpreting of factors/events that causes their delusion, not any intentional action on their part, & it doesn't men they're insane) or lying.

I am entitled to my opinion, same as everyone else is entitled to theirs. But I am all set to change my opinion if & when someone provides convincing evidence.

It doesn't mean I'll confront any psychic/seer/whatever I encounter & call them liars or deluded. A local coffee shop has a Tarot card reader on a semi regular basis providing readings; when I see her I just roll my eyes, ask myself how someone can believe that kind of thing, and ignore the reader. If the Tarot reader happens to approach me or call me & ask if I'd like a reading I'd merely say no thanks... unless they were persistent, in which case I'd say no thanks, I don't believe that Bee Ess.
 kari135
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 12/19/2010 6:47:29 PM
I'm more of the opinion that true psychic ability - which I consider just one aspect of paranormal abilities - shows up when it's most needed, just like the apocryphal woman who picks up a car off her child is strong when she most needs to be.

It runs in my family, usually one hit per generation. My grandmother lived to grow up because her own mother left her canning in the kitchen to run outside and grab her, then take her to the back of the house instead of the front where she'd been playing under a tree. Less than 5 minutes later a runaway team and wagon smashed into the tree, and she would have been killed if she'd still been there. The wagon was splintered, 2 of the horses were so badly hurt they had to be shot. Something similar happened in the succeeding generations to keep both my mother and me alive. It's not a thing that can be done on command, it just happened when it was most necessary.

So, do I believe? Yes. Do I believe in the psychics who sell their 'abilities'? No.
 susan_cd
Msg: 101
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 12/19/2010 6:58:48 PM

just like the apocryphal woman who picks up a car off her child is strong when she most needs to be.

That sort of thing has been linked to a sudden burst of adrenalin, hardly a psychic ability unless the hypothetical woman doesn't physically touch the car & lifts it with her mind, like Jedi.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/human-body/bodily-feats/adrenaline-strength.htm

In 2006 in Tucson, Ariz., Tim Boyle watched as a Chevrolet Camaro hit 18-year-old Kyle Holtrust. The car pinned Holtrust, still alive, underneath. Boyle ran to the scene of the accident and lifted the Camaro off the teenager, while the driver of the car pulled him to safety.

In 1982, in Lawrenceville, Ga., Angela Cavallo lifted a 1964 Chevrolet Impala from her son, Tony, after it fell off the jacks that had held it up while he worked underneath the car. Mrs. Cavallo lifted the car high enough and long enough for two neighbors to replace the jacks and pull Tony from beneath the car.

Marie "Bootsy" Payton was cutting her lawn in High Island, Texas, when her riding mower got away from her. Payton's young granddaughter, Evie, tried to stop the mower, but was knocked underneath the still-running machine. Payton reached the mower and easily tossed it off her granddaughter, limiting Evie's injuries to four severed toes. Curious, Payton later tried to lift the mower again and found she couldn't move it.

(more of the article at the site)
 kari135
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 12/19/2010 7:25:25 PM
^^^^^ So nice of you to completely ignore the rest of what I said...
 susan_cd
Msg: 103
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 12/19/2010 7:46:45 PM

So nice of you to completely ignore the rest of what I said...

I didn't ignore it, I read it. It's great that the people you mention weren't killed, but it's personal anecdotes that you're relating, with no evidence that the events ( such as the runaway wagon) even occured, much less that your grandmother was taken to safety before it happened because her mother "knew" something was going to happen. How would you like me to comment? I could say that the incidents you refer to ( had they even happened, no proof of that other than your say so) have all been coincidence, I could say the telling of the events of these family anecdotes has changed over the years, I could say you're lying or that you were lied to, perhaps as a joke.

With only someone's personal anecdotes to go by, there's no evidence of any sort of paranormal cause.

That you believe is fine, everyone's entitled to their beliefs. But don't expect a personal belief, however strong, to constitute evidence for anyone other than for the people involved.

If your grandmother's mother had predicted ahead of time the runaway wagon would crash into that tree, & had her prediction published in a local paper BEFORE it happened, & it then occured that'd be more than co-incidence or more than a family story that had become embellished over succeding generations.
 kari135
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 12/19/2010 8:15:38 PM
If the wagon incident was embellished to any extent, then all of my great aunts and uncles were in on it - they talked about it at fairly regular intervals. And their memories would have been even more clear, she was one of the younger of 11 brothers and sisters. And as I said, similar incidents happened with both my mother - she was in her teens at the time - and me. I was about 4, and I still remember it vividly.

You can believe or you can make all the excuses you want, but I do know what happened in my own family.
 susan_cd
Msg: 105
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 12/19/2010 8:53:22 PM

If the wagon incident was embellished to any extent, then all of my great aunts and uncles were in on it - they talked about it at fairly regular intervals.

But were they all there at the time of the incident? If not, then anything they know about the story they know from word of mouth, & there's no way to know how accurate the details were when they were informed.... and coincidences DO happen, it may have been simpls that, a coincidence.
 kari135
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 12/19/2010 9:25:42 PM

But were they all there at the time of the incident? If not, then anything they know about the story they know from word of mouth, & there's no way to know how accurate the details were when they were informed.... and coincidences DO happen, it may have been simpls that, a coincidence.

Yes, they were all there. It was a family farm, not too far from town - which was where the team and wagon came from - and all the boys got to pick up the unsalvageable bits of the wagon and stack them on the woodpile.

Believe whatever makes you feel most comfortable. I'm not trying to convert or convince anyone. I have a story, I shared it. Nothing you can think of is going to change what I know.
 Twilightslove
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 12/19/2010 10:27:53 PM
I've never thought that I wanted to get a psychics views on my life nor have a tarot card or tea leaf reading although I've had some personal experiences that make me believe that it might be possible for someone to have psychic abilities.

When I was 16 years old I awoken from a dream that was about a boyfriend I knew. He had gone to a juvenile detention center a year prior to this dream. My dream told me he was going to knock on my bedroom window that night. I went back to sleep only to be awaken by none other than the boyfriend knocking at my window. No one had told me he was being released or that he would be coming to see me. It was startling to see him standing there on the other side of my window.

Years later, living in the Atlanta, Ga. area I was again awaken by a dream (more like a nightmare) and c0uld hardly fall back asleep. In this dream I saw a man and a woman arguing near a car in a parking lot. He was very angry and grabbing her. I woke up feeling like he was going to harm her and that the event was very real. The next day the news was on announcing that a woman's body had been discovered in the trunk of an abandoned car found in a parking lot. Could very well have been coincidence yet it really made it hard for me to sleep for a while after that.

Then more years later my son and I had gone to the store to buy groceries. It was a beautiful sunny day when we arrived at the store. We gathered up and purchased our groceries then headed for the outside door. The wind was kicking up and storm clouds had rolled in. Carts were rolling into cars as we ran for the car. We got in with our things and began to drive home. It didn't take a minute for the rain to start coming down hard, then the hail began. It was so bad that I wanted to pull over yet I couldn't see well enough to do so and at the same time couldn't see very well driving. I made it to the loop and it was getting stronger. A thought just popped into my head and I told my son to grab the mat on the floor and put it in front of his face. I told him calmly that sometimes windows break and the mat would protect his eyes. As soon as he grabbed the mat and put it in front of his face hail hit his side of the windshield and broke the window. I'm not sure why the thought appeared yet it seemed like it was a premonition of sorts.

I've had other small incidents like these so I'm not going to discount another persons claim that they can predict future occurrences. I can tell you, personally that I'm uncomfortable with those types of situations especially after the one in Georgia.

Who knows if there are people who can consistently predict what will happen or not. I do know that they call in psychics on criminal investigations so evidently someone believes that they have some ability to see things that go beyond the norm.
 Dan99993
Msg: 109
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 12/20/2010 1:47:14 AM

(IgorFrankesteen)

(Dan99993)"No use wasting our time with people who don't want to hear anything and are convinced by 'scientific testing'.
The so-called scientific testing doesn't square with experience"

By the way, I strongly disagree with THIS statement as well. The correct way to deal with scientific testing that you disagree with, is to show scientifically, how the testers erred in their procedures, not to declare that science can't address your claims. If paranormal powers or abilities DO exist, they WILL be found to be a PART of our corrected scientific understanding of the universe, and not "magically" immune to it's laws.

I meant it was no use wasting our time, in the context of discussions like these.. at least I don't feel like it. I didn't mean it was no use in general. I should have clarified.

This thread is going exactly how I expected it to. No psychic ability needed. ;)

I didn't want to get into arguments because that's invariably how it goes with this topic: for some reason science doesn't come up with the kind of support for these phenomenon that we find in our personal experience. And no it's not a case of misperception on our part. We're not all so dull and incapable that we confuse a vague mental event with a psychic phenomenon or attribute causation where there's merely correlation or coincidence.

Therefore we have fights between those who tell us what science has come up with (which doesn't support paranormal phenomena), how we're likely not critical-minded enough, and how implausible our claims are, and those of us who have definitive proof of such 'psychic' events.

Why this huge gap between the two groups? Is it possible that some scientists deliberately try to manipulate results, to cover up the evidence? Are they afraid of some consequence if this is proven? Or are paranormal phenomenon simply too difficult to test at will?
Susan Blackmore, a British parapsychology researcher, once quipped: The only repeatable thing about PSI is it's non-repeatability.
Don't know how true that is.

But the ring I hear from science is so different from what we experience in real life.
It -the latter, that is- isn't full of failures and vague results.

And that's why I'm not interested in carrying on discussions when all the evidence we bring is considered anecdotal. It is.. but it seems we're fighting the establishment.

I'll have to wait till a good psychic can prove beyond the shadow of a doubt, and in honest, fair testing conditions, that the stuff exists.
 susan_cd
Msg: 110
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 12/20/2010 9:38:52 AM

Believe whatever makes you feel most comfortable. I'm not trying to convert or convince anyone. I have a story, I shared it. Nothing you can think of is going to change what I know.

Which is as it should be. The point I was making is that such anecdotes aren't evidence (of paranormal occurences) to anyone but those involved. I have a similar situation regarding a ghost I saw, I'm completely convinced & can relate the story, but I wouldn't the incident as "proof" that ghosts exist, since the only evidence I can offer is my story.
 susan_cd
Msg: 111
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 12/20/2010 9:42:49 AM

Is it possible that some scientists deliberately try to manipulate results, to cover up the evidence? Are they afraid of some consequence if this is proven? Or are paranormal phenomenon simply too difficult to test at will?

You left out the other possibility, paranormal phenomena don't exist, so when they are examined using scientific methodology no evidence for the paranormal is uncovered.
 Dan99993
Msg: 112
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 12/20/2010 9:53:21 AM
^^^I didn't leave out any possibility. I'm just in a better position than someone who's not acquainted with this to say if it's real or not.

People are often ahead of science, in a way. We experience things which aren't explained or understood yet. This is one of these cases.
 susan_cd
Msg: 114
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 12/20/2010 2:06:26 PM

I didn't leave out any possibility.

You left out the possibility that paranormal phenomena don't exist; seems like a pretty significant omission to me.

I'm just in a better position than someone who's not acquainted with this to say if it's real or not.

Oh? Could you elaborate?

People are often ahead of science, in a way. We experience things which aren't explained or understood yet. This is one of these cases.

Yes, and when paranormal incidents are investigated properly the investigators genrally come up with a non-paranormal explanation for the incident, or will admit they don't know but don't use "the "paranormal" explanation as the default.

When not investigated properly, it's usually enthusiasts who start the investigation already believing ( in ghosts or in ET visitors, for example) and use their investigation to find evidence for their belief while ignoring explanations that don't support what they are looking for.
 softy63
Msg: 115
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 12/21/2010 7:27:07 PM
Allow me to slightly bump this thread.......

I can't see how people depend on Horoscopes......psychic readings for the day or week.

Where I live we have daily Horoscopes on morning TV, the newspaper, magazines, on line and on the Phone etc. Each is different. Who do you believe?

Its also a well known fact that many "psychics" have a way of manipulating their questions based on what you say. They're cunning and clever and tell you what you want to hear or already know then get paid for it. Geeez.. .... ...

MichelleRenee1234
Msg: 116
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 12/22/2010 1:32:00 PM

Yes, and when paranormal incidents are investigated properly the investigators genrally come up with a non-paranormal explanation for the incident, or will admit they don't know but don't use "the "paranormal" explanation as the default

That's true. Sometimes people find no explanation whatsoever. Surely, there is an explanation to everything, but if we don't have the ability to identify it, it's simply unidentified, unknown, unsolved... I respect that.
 Dan99993
Msg: 117
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 12/22/2010 3:30:58 PM
^^^I understand what susan cd is saying, there's no need for her to tell me all that.

(Darn posting limit, I would have replied sooner if it hadn't been for that..)

But as I've repeated, and repeated, and repeated and repeated... it's better to experiment ourselves, examine things ourselves.
It's my experience that you can't trust the ideas of skeptics on this subject.

I've expressed that opinion, and if some people are continually debating and splitting hairs trying to oppose or find a problem with what I'm saying, that's their problem.

For anyone reasonable enough, it becomes evident soon that there's a chasm between what happens in reality, and how it's represented by skeptics..
And to those who might tell me: well why don't you give examples of how skeptics misrepresent psychics, etc, well when I answered originally, I just gave my opinion, as was asked by the op. After that, I admit I got tired by the rote criticism and the highly prejudiced attitude of some - we must be delusional, etc - so I don't feel like making the effort of demonstrating my point.
A reasonable person would quickly find the answer (or the confirmation of what I'm saying), just some googling to do.

I'm getting really tired of this. I'm out of this thread until something more interesting comes along.
 susan_cd
Msg: 118
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 12/22/2010 7:11:13 PM
Still waiting for SouthBayNative to provide links to verify Greg Kehn of NY working with the FBI & local law enforcement, as SouthBayNative claimed in Msg 88:

Greg Kehn of NY is absolutely amazing. Was 100% (yes, 100%) accurate for me-I still have the 45 min. recording of his reading two years ago. He works with the FBI and local law enforcement.

I'm betting his work with the FBI and local law enforcement is him ( Kehn) contacting the FBI & lkocal law enforcement to offer his unsolicited "help" & vague useless information.
 OMG!WTF!
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 12/23/2010 8:18:09 AM
Here are a couple things I know for sure about paranormal and psychic ability. Dogs, cats, horses, pigs, chickens etc, know beyond a shadow of a doubt when sh't is about to go down. They run for the hills, freak out, bite, scratch, gallop and generally say "Wake the hell up you stupid stupid humans before we all die." That, plus dogs have made a living off of knowing exactly what people are saying when people are saying "Blah Blah Blah...Bandit...Blah Blah Blah". They know our moods, feelings, energy and aura way before anyone else. That's real. It's provable. It exists and there's no reason people can't do it too except that we're too smrt for any of that mumbo jumbo.

I was a Witch of Salem once on the Witches of Salem Phychic Network and Hotline. If Latoya was too busy, you phoned me. 3.99 a minute and I would happily give you my best guess. But what I know for a fact about tarot cards is that they don't represent magic, they do represent real human archetypes; parts of our subconscious that already exist and are real. Everyone has had a day where the death card might have been on the top of their deck; not because they were going to die that day. But because some part of their world would change forever, possibly even for the best. You miss the love of your life, you lose a crappy job and get a better one, you get divorced. Drawing that card on cue is what people have trouble with and I get that. Plus archetypal psychology is part of what John Edwards used to become the biggest douche in the galaxy. But the combination of A) animal instinct and wit with B) basic understanding of human consciousness can give you insight beyond what most people "get".

Quick question, does Chris Angel really find the keys in the trunk of a car in Las Vegas's largest car lot just by holding the hand of the guy who hid the keys? That'd be seriously mind freaky and would be the perfect example of a dog's perception of energy with human understanding of psychology. I know all of his illusions are seriously bunk, but I couldn't find anything "refudiating" that trick.

For all the science buffs looking for proof of anything metaphysical, go see a good astrologist. Murder/crime rates around the world increase with the certain cycles of the moon. Lunatics get loonier on full moons. People get S.A.D. when they don't get enough sun. Way more babies are conceived during waxing moons than waning moons. Serial killers, accountants, lawyers, actors, artists, bums all have similar patterns in their charts correlating to their "professions". Food grows faster or slower according to planetary cycles. Disease patterns relate to astrology. You'd be amazed how insightful a good star chart reading can be. As above, so is below.
 susan_cd
Msg: 121
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 12/23/2010 2:22:10 PM

For all the science buffs looking for proof of anything metaphysical, go see a good astrologist.

Wasn't astrology developed when we still thought the Earth was the centre of the solar system & everything revolved around the Earth? That'd render the fundamental basis of astrology wrong from the start.

A good astrologist? If astrology is a science, then it should be possible ( if you spent sufficient time with the astrologist & gave them any information they wanted ( except your birthdate ) about your life up to that point) for the astrologist to use the data from you to work backwards & deduce your birthdate.

Lunatics get loonier on full moons.

some excerpts from:

ttp://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/552/do-things-get-crazy-when-the-moon-is-full

There have been lots of studies over the years, some of which have purported to show that there really is such a thing as a "lunar effect." For example, one study claimed that an unusual number of traffic accidents occurred during the evenings right around the full and new moons (Templer, Veleber, and Brooner, 1982). But later researchers showed that during the time period studied, a disproportionate number of full and new moons fell on weekends, when traffic accidents are always higher.

That's pretty much been the story with all lunar-effect claims--when you look at them closely, they fall apart. Another study of homicides in Dade County, Florida (Lieber and Sherin, 1972) claimed to have found there was an upsurge in killings in the 24 hours before and after the full moon. Other researchers, however, found that the Dade County researchers had used dubious statistical methods. When the figures were reevaluated using proper methods, the alleged pattern disappeared.

...Just to make sure about all this, a pair of admittedly skeptical scientists (Rotton and Kelly, 1985) did what they called a "meta-analysis" of 37 studies of the moon's effect on things like psychiatric admissions, suicides, crime, etc. They found that the moon accounted for no more than 3/100 of 1 percent of the monthly variation.

People get S.A.D. when they don't get enough sun.

They also become deficient in vitamin D, neither of these incidents has anything to do with astrology tho.

Way more babies are conceived during waxing moons than waning moons.

http://factoidz.com/moon-magic-myths-or-facts-i/
 kari135
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 12/23/2010 6:18:48 PM
@ susan.cd: I spent quite a few years working in bars, and had quite a few friends in the medical professions. This was in a place where the standard work week didn't apply the way it does/did in Dade County, for instance. We all saw increases of bizarre behavior on full moons, from bar patrons to ER admittances. I know, personal anecdotes - again. But in my experience, that was the way it was.

Long, long ago, my first husband got interested in the various types of fortune telling. As a result, I got to know a number of people who did palm reading, taro cards, astrological charts, cast straws with the I Ching, and so on. A few were frighteningly good, most were dabblers. I have no idea whether the good ones were just able to pick up subliminal clues or cues, but however they did it, they were spot on, reading character and potential outcomes of situations. My husband got uninterested when he had charts done for both of us and found that while I was the best choice for him, he wasn't the best choice for me.

There are a lot of people afflicted with SAD, and it has nothing to do with vitamin D deficiency. It does respond very well to full spectrum lighting for most people, but for a very few, even that doesn't work.

Apropos of nothing else, I also believe in reincarnation.

Sue me.
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 125
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 12/23/2010 7:31:50 PM

Apropos of nothing else, I also believe in reincarnation.

If reincarnation did exist and you do the math, may of us would be first time souls.

The world population has doubled in the past 40 years.

So then you have only 50% chance of your soul being over 40.

And for it to be over 150 years old, then it's only one out of six.

I believe reincarnation exist because someone thought it up, if not it has yet to present itself, other than in someones dream.
 kari135
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 12/23/2010 7:49:02 PM

If reincarnation did exist and you do the math, may of us would be first time souls.

The world population has doubled in the past 40 years.

So then you have only 50% chance of your soul being over 40.

And for it to be over 150 years old, then it's only one out of six.

I believe reincarnation exist because someone thought it up, if not it has yet to present itself, other than in someones dream.

You have a lot of interesting things listed on your interests. Try adding comparative religions to them. One of my favorite short stories eons ago was called "The Nine Bilion Names of God" (or something similar) where a sect of Tibetan monks had dedicated themselves for centuries to writing them all down. The story was told by the man who delivered a computer to them and showed them how to work it. I won't give away the ending, but it was appropriate.

And who is to say if or how many souls have been put into all those new births? The lack of one could be a good explanation of sociopaths, for instance.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >