Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 normaldude
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Psychics - your views?Page 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I dont believe or disbelieve that there could be psychic abilities. But when it comes to a test how can you define a way to prove or deny an ability that is so completely disconnected from science and things that are testable or measureable? Someone who can do this cant do it with everyone and cant pick lottery numbers or win in vegas. It is some other kind of thing as far as I understand. Possibly both participants need to have a connection of some kind?
 Jazzzy
Msg: 163
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/8/2011 3:15:53 AM
I used to receive mail, of a previous occupant of my home from a psychic, and I would wonder...If she was so psychic, why didn't she know the occupant had moved?
 Rythmn
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/8/2011 9:57:33 AM
psychics are now highly commercialized. there are highly intuitive people, who don't charge and do practice healing techniques. i would not call a random phone number to get a reading. if you are interested in your future or advice, i would suggest learning to meditate and honing in on your own intuitive skills. some of us have it and some don't. but, it is not about what you want, it is about what you need and how you can serve. doesn't have to be religious. you can be more in tune with nature, humanity, the stars....just need to balance your energy and look at life as a learning experience and opportunity to serve others.

there are also ways to read people taught to profilers, etc. some are born with it. some learn and some are just too self absorbed.\

note: wikipedia has an explanation of the duke experiments.
 viper1j
Msg: 166
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 10/12/2011 8:42:43 AM

Last year my friend invited me to have my tarot done. I had always wanted to go, but from a fun point of view. I went and bizaarely quite specific points from the experience did come true. I wondered thereafter was it "luck", but the things mentioned were so specific, I wnat to believe it was real and that psychic ability exists.

Dionne Warwick and her Psychic Friends went bankrupt a few years back.

If they were truly psychic, why didn't they see that coming?

Just askin'..
 vnufall
Msg: 167
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 10/12/2011 4:47:40 PM
i think there are competent psychics out there....i like that new show.."long island psychic " or something like that. everyone has the ability to be psychic, some people are just better at it. i like the ones who talk the dead.....its interesting. i have had some experiences in my life....i don't want that in my life all the time....
 viper1j
Msg: 168
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 10/12/2011 5:51:22 PM

i like the ones who talk the dead.....its interesting. i have had some experiences in my life....i don't want that in my life all the time....

That guy John Edwards.. If he ever pulls me off the back nine of Heaven's Beach because my kid wants to know some lottery numbers, I'm going to kick his ass all over that studio, AND then haunt him for a few years.
 good_dreams
Msg: 170
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 10/12/2011 6:19:10 PM
I met someone who read tarot cards a few years ago and they did a reading for me. I thought it was interesting and fun. A lot of it has to do with the person reading the cards because to some extent the cards can be interpreted in different ways. I have to admit there were some interesting similarities between how the cards came out to describe me and what was going on in my life at the time. At the end of the reading I was told to cut the cards in a certain way and then choose one and set it aside. When she flipped it up it was the devil card upright. She said that it meant I was supposed to let go of inhibitions and restrictions, live on the wild side, be excessive and indulge. I went with it!

I've seen people successfully dowse for water and locate buried power lines using bent coat hangers, and be able to move bent coat hangers or metal rods in their hands without physically manipulating them whatsoever. Some people can do it some can't. It has to do with channeling energy that is in a persons body somehow. I've even tried it myself with some success. I think there are things that exist that the scientific community can not explain such as a sort of 6th sense. Animals sometimes display the ability to know when danger is near even though they can't see, hear or smell it. You know, like when there is a Tsunami approaching and the like. This is fact not supposition or bullsh*t. Why would animals have that ability and not humans? I think people have it but they are so removed from their basic animal instincts that ability is lost or to remote to be in touch with or understand.
 Welsh474
Msg: 171
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 10/12/2011 6:28:46 PM
When I saw the promo for that show Long Island Psychic or whatever it's called she was interviewing a guy - "are you a fireman? did something happen to you 10 years ago". Crap, any idiot could have called that one.

If we treat it for it's entertainment value and not base our life decisions on it, the process is fun. Except I don't have a need to talk to my dead husband or son or grandparents - I have grieved and put death away. I don't need someone saying "he looks down on you with love". Most of this is b.s.
 2findU
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 10/12/2011 6:34:43 PM
My view, the reality. There is no such thing as a psychic. They are all frauds. They are skilled at reading people. The people they read are suckers for it and feed the "psychics" information. They make vague generalized guesses. "You've had a tragedy in your life". "You had an important event happen". Stuff that happens to everybody. They are all FAKE, every single one of them.
 ocean_gypsy
Msg: 174
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 10/26/2011 7:39:12 PM
Everyone is psychic. It has nothing to do with numerology, tarot cards, astrology and all that physical stuff. It is simply intuition and how strong the connection is. Are we born with better connections than others? Yes. Can we exercise and develop this ability? Yes. Do some people connect better at night when they are asleep? Yes. Even those who have a good link up will be bad conductors when they are sick. We are all linked up to the intelligent force. When you let your brain realize that you are interested in developing your natural abilities, it will start to work with you, letting more and more in, to see what you can handle, and then you will be protected and given guidance because you have become a vessel for the divine force here in this physical reality.
 ocean_gypsy
Msg: 177
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 11/1/2011 9:31:25 AM
dunrich2
Interesting experiences. My spirit guide's name is also Z. I thought that was unusual that you mentioned that.
 ocean_gypsy
Msg: 178
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 11/1/2011 11:51:15 AM
My first experience with a dead person happened a few years back. I was visiting my friends house and we all decided to go out for coffee. When we got back I stopped on the steps to the front door. I sensed something was in there.

I walked in and started to go up a back staircase. Halfway up the stairs she appeared to me. She communicated with me telepathically. She told me that she used to live in the house and her name was Molly. She died in a car accident and later her room-mates nailed the door to her room shut because an outside lock didn't work. She wanted them to take the nails out of the door before they left. She knew they were moving the next day. Unknown to me another friend followed me to the stairs. She said I was floating and my spine was bent way back and I was vibrating. She told me this later.

After the communication I went into another room and crouched in a corner and tried to process what had happened. I felt sick, like I was infected with some foreign substance. I asked my friends if they knew someone named Molly. The blood drained from their faces. They told me she had lived there two years previously and had died in a car accident. I told them to take the nails out of the door to her room and they did. I guess she was happy, I never spoke to her again. I try to avoid ghosts except for relatives and people I know.

Usually it comes as some bizarre information that I am suppose to do something I wouldn't ordinarily do and when I follow the instructions it turns out it was a form of protection or warning.
 sexyisback!
Msg: 181
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 11/3/2011 12:38:41 PM
they are real, I have powers myself!

I predict that most of the posters on this thread will waste a fair amount of $ with psychics & maybe lose a significant amount of $ to their scams
 Truthisee
Msg: 183
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 11/3/2011 2:30:31 PM
I can't help but laugh when I read threads like this one.

I put psychics in the same category as horoscopes.

And religion. Total nonsense..

ocean_gypsy
Msg: 185
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 11/4/2011 3:29:28 PM
dunrich2, Thanks for your comments and questions. I hope I can shed some light on the topics you asked about.

[Curious, do you think its possible, some times what we think are ghosts of people that lived, are really spiritual beings? Maybe not necessarily , spirits of people that have lived?]

Several, there are spiritual beings that are as real as you and me and can talk to you when you are totally conscious. Usually sent if you need serious assistance. There are also spiritual beings that will meet you in your dreams and teach you. If you see a being and you are concerned if it has good intentions, just say in the name of what ever your highest spiritual being is, and tell it to reveal itself. Once you meet the dream teacher you will have the protection of the spiritual masters, like Wah Z and psychic forces can't control anything in your life. Without the protection, they can. By psychic forces here I am referring to ghosts, dead people. I say psychic forces because they exist on the astral or psychic plane of consciousness which you can visit through an out of body experience or in the dream state. Our soul bodies are made of light and if we are alive, we are connected to a physical body by a light pulsating cord. If we are dead, there is no cord. Now a spiritual being could be dead physically or alive. They exist on all planes of consciousness. They usually fill your heart with love when you meet them. This is all very pure what I am saying, I do not speak to you from the mental consciousness.

[Is being able to tell a difference, between lets say an Angel,,,and a spirit of some one who had lived, part of the psychic "gift', do you think?]

Just experience and an openness to listen to the sound and see the light that is really the core of everything here and in the other dimensions.

[Is it possible to be able to see things through the veil, so to speak,,,but lack the ability to decipher what they see, correctly? ]

The veil in physical reality can open, but usually we see through the veil at night in our dreams. If you write down your dreams you will start to remember them more and eventually interpret them for yourself. No one can interpret another person's dreams.
With practice you will communicate with the censor in the brain and tell it you are interested in knowing and seeing the other dimensions of consciousness. Slowly it will let more and more in and test you to see how you handle it. If you pass the tests you will be given more.

Thanks for your compliment Foxy.
 SoBayNative
Msg: 186
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 11/4/2011 7:11:51 PM
I went to one in the spring. Everything she predicted during a 20 minute reading came true by this fall. She didn't sugar coat anything. I think there are many people who think they can read or wish to but very few gifted individuals. I've had hundreds of readings and a few really dead on accurate ones. Enough to make me believe. I've had my own experiences where I sometimes know things.
 Soul Union
Msg: 187
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/26/2012 11:09:54 PM

As usual, there is a rush to judgement (& the 'delete thread' button). I never mock or dismiss something that I don't understand, just because I don't see how it might work.
It never fails to amaze me how many people are willing to adopt the 'its a load of bo**ocks because I say so' stance.
An open mind sees further than the obvious. - light star

An open mind, light star? You won't find many of those here.

- Peter
 Notricksters
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/27/2012 9:57:49 AM
There are definitly people who have this gift. We all have it but we aren't intuitive enough to accept it ....too busy a lifestyle today. Meditation is one of the many aids to bring this capacity to us. But honestly, no one wants to spend the time away from "everything" and "everyone" to just be still & meditate....listen to your mind and body. It takes time.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 189
view profile
History
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/27/2012 10:31:22 AM
I've had premonitions of things to come. A few times I've had phone calls from people I knew were going to call. Sometimes I get a feeling that something is going to happen. Kind of like a tingly feeling on the back of my neck. When that happens I proceed with caution. It's never consistent but I've learned to listen to this feeling even though I can't explain it. I'd say it's possible there are people with more advanced abilities in the area of premonition and psychic prediction.

Which leads me to this question. Have any psychics had any premonitions or predictions regarding the coming 12/21/12 event ? I would think if this is going to be a catastrophe psychics worldwide would be having premonitions. If not, this should be a non event and we can all air out our bunkers.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/27/2012 3:33:20 PM
msg 200. Yes, this could be a random coincidence. What is weird about it was that not only did I know who was calling me but I also knew the phone was going to ring before it rang. It probably is coincidence as I neither believe or disbelieve in psy ability. I do however find it interesting and worth investigating. Why did this happen and why did it make me "tingle" when it did? Random coincidences have never done that.

I think we're pretty smart but have a lot yet to learn.
 Blueline294
Msg: 192
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/27/2012 5:11:28 PM
There is a difference between psychics, fortune tellers and clairvoyants. I've always dealt with facts that were substantiated with physical evidence. I had the opportunity to work with a clairvoyant and i know for a fact that that particular individual had a gift or power.... whatever you would like to call it. Not trying to convince anyone here, but it's changed my outlook on what happens after death.
 soicat
Msg: 193
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 8/28/2012 7:19:16 AM

The only way for a psychic to be genuine would be for he or she to violate the laws of physics.

Ever heard about quantum theory?

In fact, the only way we could say that the laws of physics as we currently understand them don't support the possibility of psychic ability - see quantum entanglement, for example - would be to argue that subatomic particles don't operate at our level of experience, and can't affect our reality directly. To answer this argument I'd point out that our retinas can react to a single photon.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 196
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 9/3/2012 8:10:42 AM
Still think they are real?

See what this ex pro say about the industry and the tricks he used.

Pro Medium Repents for Life of Cons
By MARK OPPENHEIMER
Published: August 31, 2012

... But what Mark Edward Wilson (he doesn’t use his last name) lacks in professional success, he is trying to make up for in intellectual respectability. In his messy yet fascinating new book, “Psychic Blues: Confessions of a Conflicted Medium” (Feral House), Mr. Edward, 61, comes clean about the tricks that he has used to dupe people since he began working the Los Angeles magic scene in the 1970s. His book is a strange mishmash of self-pity, self-justification and genuine repentance — and a compelling look at the disputed territory where entertainment meets religion, where some practitioners actually think they can practice both at the same time.

There are no new secrets revealed in “Psychic Blues.” Mr. Edward explains techniques to mimic mind-reading and speaking with the dead that have been explained many times before. For example, he describes the old-fashioned preshow screening: work the room before the show, meet a man who says his father’s name was Louis, and then, during the performance, find him in the audience and say right to him, “The name that comes to my mind is Lou. Who is Lou?” Often as not, the mark will forget that he had divulged this information before the show, and will play right into the medium’s hands...

Read more at: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/01/us/in-book-mark-edward-tells-tricks-used-as-a-medium.html?_r=3
 Soul Union
Msg: 197
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 1/3/2013 4:56:04 PM
Psychics - your views? --- Fizzysweets

In 1991, around Christmas, I went to see an English psychic medium called Don Galloway at his house in Swiss Cottage, North London. (Don died several weeks ago.) I was about 37 at the time and was about to make a monumental change in my life, although I did not know it at the time.

Don had no knowledge of me, my background, my history, my intentions, my beliefs - even my first name. He only knew that I was a "two o'clock appointment." That's all he had about me.

Don was roughly 65 when I visited him, and the first thing I noticed were his almost Victorian manners and gentility. He used to work for the English theatre, and his voice, his diction, his way of speaking, was beyond belief. He was right out of Queen Victoria's time. His sincerity, his authenticity and his manner - mind blowing. Compared to today's yep-yip-yup, cellphone-in-yer-face mob, he was a real breath of fresh air. I delighted in his company.

I sat down, and the first thing he said was: "I have your mother here." Now, that's quite a gamble, because she could be sitting in the car outside waiting for me. He gave you this information as if it was a matter of fact. There were no guesses, no fishing for details, no cold reading. Just facts. He then said, after snapping his fingers: "Ah, she is with your father. They are both here."

That was enough to make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I knew I was talking with the real deal. You sceptics can say what you like - it doesn't mean a thing to me - but I have met enough psychic mediums, like Don Galloway, to know what I am talking about. And unlike you, who spout your 'beliefs,' who've never investigated the subject, at least I have. Yes, I have investigated the subject. I have also read more biographies about real psychic mediums (including Don Galloway's Inevitable Journey) than I have had hot dinners.

Before I continue, let me tell you that I can type at approximately 130wpm. I can type without looking. I used to be a copytaker for the Daily Telegraph newspaper in London before I came out here to New Zealand. This involved the taking of stories 'live' over the telephone from correspondents all over the world, some of whom gave their copy without stopping for a breath. I was also a piano accordionist in my younger days, albeit at a modest level. I used to play around the old folk's homes in Glasgow in Scotland, where I was born and raised.

Don then said to me: "They are telling me that you can play two keyboards at once."

This is the type of information a good psychic medium will give you if you want evidence of the afterlife. This is powerful evidential information, because it is 'personal.' It is specific and detailed. I was stunned by this.

Don then said: "There is a gentleman here who was part of your family, but you do not know him. He says he knows you, though." My mind searched for clues. He then described this man, who was gasping for air at the bottom of the sea in desperate circumstances. He said, through Don: "I knew I wasn't going to make old bones." It dawned on me who this was. It was my Uncle Peter, my mother's brother, who died in a submarine in the English Channel.

Don went on to then describe an approaching major move in my life - one that I wasn't aware of at the time. "You are at a fork in the junction and you are about to march to the sound of a very different drum." He then spoke in detail about this. But perhaps the most astonishing piece of psychic information he gave me was when he said: "In every reading, Spirit like to give what they call a 'symbol' or a sign. And when you are confronted with this symbol, you will know that your soul is about to take a very different path from the one you are on." He gave me the symbol, which in my case, was a galleon, as in 18th-century sailing ship. I won't go into detail, but it turned out to be 100% correct. When I encountered this galleon, in my instance sitting in a very large glass case in a stranger's house during the worst period of my life, my whole life changed. And I do mean changed.

As for the sceptics, I couldn't care less about them. They mean less than nothing to me. They are brass tinkles and lots of bluster. As Shakespeare said: "Empty vessels make the most noise." How right he was.

I leave you with this, my own personal experience, not my opinion.

Best wishes to all.

- Peter
 DevilfromToronto
Msg: 198
Psychics - your views?
Posted: 1/3/2013 5:05:24 PM

Psychics - your views?

NOPE.... I don't believe that
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >