Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 matchlight
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Dr. Laura and the you know what wordPage 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
^^^^^Oh come on, with all that Ward and June Cleaver, Ozzie and Harriet, '50's "nuclear family" stuff. Yeah, those were the good old days, all right--in the Hollywood myth. The reality was just a bit different, as we've all learned from TV and movies.

Women in aprons, locked up at home in the burbs, only going out to take the kids places in their dumb, five-mpg, all-American station wagons. And drinking and taking pills so they could keep that tight, cheery little smile all the time.

The hubbies, meantime, making the money, running around with their secretaries, and giving themselves heart attacks with all those cigarettes and martinis and steaks. Like, yeah, we've seen Mad Men.

Hey, times have changed--we're one big rainbow now. What's the big deal about 40% illegitimacy and gangstas and 14-year-old single moms and gay parents anyway, unless you're some wacky Christian fundamentalist? Go with the flow. As one very right-on woman put it, it takes a *village* to raise a child.
 GolfCoast
Msg: 82
Dr. Laura and the you know what word
Posted: 9/17/2010 1:15:51 PM
As my divorce court judge once said to me in a moment of angry frustration..."you picked her, I'm trying to help get you extracted" lol.
 fzrhusker
Msg: 85
Posted: 9/20/2010 8:23:07 PM
Not one single out cry! Its ok for the left or they will go with the you have to take it in context excuse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLn-4iBczzU
 matchlight
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2010 10:23:34 PM
^^^^^He should not be allowed to get away with that. It doesn't bother me much for anyone to say that word, or to express outright bigotry about something.

But if it's wrong for Al Campanis, or Jimmy the Greek, or Trent Lott to make a general statement that someone might construe as racially biased, then it's even more wrong for Shirley Sherrod or Barack Obama or Jeremiah Wright or Jesse Jackson or to make statements that are even more overtly racist. Yet they and others have been given a free pass. Mr. Obama also violates the Constitution by letting his Justice Department refuse--as a matter of policy--to prosecute blacks for breaking civil rights laws.

And if it's indefensible for Dr. Laura to use that word on radio, it's just as indefensible for Maher to use it on TV. By all rights, his career should have ended years ago, when he praised the "courage" of the 9/11 mass murderers. Millions of his fellow America-hating halfwits supported him then, and they probably will again. But that doesn't mean the rest of us have to help this jerk run this country down, by watching or listening to him.
 HORSEFLY1234
Msg: 89
Posted: 10/6/2010 9:18:21 AM
Huge difference between black people and "N*****s".

Blacks are upstanding, law abiding citizens and "N****s" are not.

Unfortunately, the libeal media loves to keep people seperated by buttressing old stereotypes, that the media itself created. I guess that makes for "news..."
 HORSEFLY1234
Msg: 90
Posted: 10/6/2010 9:19:32 AM
Almost forgot: "Now, go take on the day!"
 vahbsc
Msg: 91
Posted: 10/24/2010 11:56:20 AM
The question the caller asked about was help regarding jealous people outside her race mocking her relationship. had nothing to do with that.

My attitude is there's always someone trying to get a rise out of you and do not take the bait by all means.

It really hurts to know that woman could be so malicious to someone she had never laid eyes on.

I'd bet she's a member of the tea party
 vahbsc
Msg: 92
Posted: 10/24/2010 11:58:45 AM
The question the caller asked about was help regarding jealous people outside her race mocking her relationship. N****r had nothing to do with that.

My attitude is there's always someone trying to get a rise out of you and do not take the bait by all means.

It really hurts to know that woman could be so malicious to someone she had never laid eyes on.

fzrhusker
Msg: 93
Posted: 10/26/2010 7:34:35 AM
Here is some perspective on all this crap and some humor. Just more of the same PC crap.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episodes/mon-october-25-2010-austan-goolsbee
 matchlight
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2010 9:27:19 AM

If that's typical of the depth of most liberals' thinking (and from what I've ever seen, it is) it's not surprising that so many millions of Americans seem poised to reject it on Nov. 2. Liberals--no doubt encouraged by this race-baiting president--fall back on name-calling because their arguments aren't convincing anyone but their fellow true believers.

Some of these people showed just how ignorant they are recently by howling at Sarah Palin for talking about being ready to party like it was 1773. They were mocking her for getting the year wrong, but *they* are the dopes. That was in fact the year the "Boston tea party" took place. A lot of us learned that in junior high school.

We've come to a pretty pass when any American would stoop to accusing millions of fellow Americans of racism, simply because they believe in respecting our Constitution and the rule of law. Some of us have always thought that was essential for a free, civil society. Next we'll be hearing from leftists that voting, or paying your taxes, or being a good neighbor are sure signs of racism.
 HORSEFLY1234
Msg: 95
Posted: 10/26/2010 11:07:10 AM
Is "Ole Turkeyneck" still on the radio?
 matchlight
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2010 9:32:05 PM
^^^^Thanks for showing everyone so clearly how willing you are to defend racism and how much you detest whites. Only people you have a chip on your shoulder about should have to obey the rules, I guess. But you and whatever victim groups you've got your crying towel out for (Muslim extremists included) deserve a free pass. Good luck making that one stick.

It's not surprising you're so touchy. It's hard to be a leftist these days--some of your fellow leftists in Congress are headed for a big fall next Tuesday. It's also no surprise to see a leftist support racism, censorship of speech and infringement of other freedoms by government, etc. They don't object to any of those things in principle--they just want them used against people they don't like. That's against the laws and the Constitution, of course, but they don't give a dam about either one.

The irony--which most of these followers of this worn-out, discredited political philosophy are too dim to see--is that they're the very kind of controlling, intolerant, would-be tyrants they accuse everyone they don't like of being.
 matchlight
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2010 10:03:35 PM

There also is plenty of racism directed toward whites which tends to be ignored entirely by the lamestream media.

They've gone out of their way to cover up the Justice Department's policy of refusing to enforce voting rights laws against black defendants, even though it's obviously unconstitutional. It's part of this administration's campaign to undermine the right to vote (which it carries out in several ways.)

The press ought to be all over this, because it threatens our most fundamental civil right. But most of the so-called reporters are too dumb to see it and wouldn't much care if they did. And Mr. Obama wants it to continue, because it works to his political advantage. He could have put an end to this policy with a single call, months ago. The fact he's done nothing shows his disregard for the Constitution.

The Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Am. applies only to the states. But when it's a federal government action that's being challenged, the 5th Am. Due Process Clause acts like a second Equal Protection Clause--and the Court applies the same standards. The Court made all this clear in Bolling v. Sharpe, a 1954 case in which it held race discrimination by D.C. public schools violated 5th Am. due process.
 matchlight
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2010 9:10:59 PM

those who have obvious tendencies really hate being called on it because they realize that it is socially debilitating.

I agree completely. People with obvious racist tendencies DO seem to hate being called on it. So they often try to distract attention from themselves by accusing everyone *else* of racism, with no basis whatsoever for the accusation.
 matchlight
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2010 10:35:10 AM

When you people talk of wanting to eliminate "political correctness", you're just asking for license to say things that are unacceptable in civil society.

I wonder how we ever managed to decide what was "unacceptable in civil society" before PC--or who issues the licenses these days to say things that are. The leftist elite which has appointed itself the social conscience of us all, maybe?

Political correctness is a doctrine invented by communists, many decades ago. They intended it to promote their anti-American agenda, at the same time suppressing any opposing views by branding them as illegitimate. It's not hard to research this.

PC is at heart an attempt to stifle independent thought and free speech. Anyone who challenges the "correct" position is to be persecuted by the idea police and made to recant. That's not much different from what the Church in Europe did with scientists hundreds of years ago, when they made claims which went against official doctrine.

I'm sure a lot of people support PC (and the related notions of "diversity" and "multiculturalism") because the pretty packaging has tricked them into thinking it's only about being nice, sensitive, tolerant, considerate, etc. Muslims who believe their religion commands them to murder Americans must love to see them passionately insist on tolerating even their would-be murderers.

But once anyone sees past the trick, why would they *not* want to eliminate something which tries to dictate what they think and say? Unless, of course, they're one of those intolerant, controlling people they like to accuse everyone else of being.
 GolfCoast
Msg: 106
Posted: 11/2/2010 9:03:53 AM
Scooch Obungler has "walked away" from this bus stuff as well as the American enemies" talk. You are free to also accept you elected a "hater".
 GolfCoast
Msg: 108
Posted: 11/2/2010 10:33:19 AM
Obungler would cringe internally if he had any boundary's or values. Fact is he's swum in the shallow pool of lefty Dims his entire life and never been judged by people with operating brains. Under even a modicum of scrutiny all Independents (except 8%) and a few Dim's have abandoned this goofball and his loser ideas.

I think dim's should be hanging out even more than usual in cemetaries, prisons and at the border fence today. Most Americans have woken up to a fact my kids knew by 11, before embracing change, ask what you mean by change?

Truly dreadful people have voted this incompetent in to office, we need to split the country and let these freeloaders and deadbeats wander to the world of Greece, Cuba, Venezuela and other loser countries.
 matchlight
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2010 12:59:25 PM
^^^^^Maybe this was all cooked up, but it really doesn't matter. I've been pretty sure for quite a while that Mr. Obama is prejudiced against whites. I remember how fast he jumped to the conclusion that cop in Massachusetts had acted "stupidly" toward his black professor buddy. I also remember his comment about how his grandmother was afraid of young black men, like a "typical white person." Then there was his comment in San Francisco, where he strongly implied that the largely white population of western Pennsylvania resisted his wonderful ideas because they were ignorant, backward rednecks. And he's said other things that suggest he's prejudiced against the mainly white, Christian cultural traditions of this country.

More than any of this, there's the fact he regularly attended Jeremiah Wright's church for twenty years, even though Wright --like his pal Louis Farrakhan--is a flagrant racist and Jew-hater. Same with the rabid bigot Michael Pfleger, another of Obama's pals. I also heard from a law professor at Univ. of Chicago that when Obama was briefly there teaching a course, he would hardly speak to him or to several others. Why? Because they didn't share his belief that the Constitution and the subsequent legal history of this country were all about discrimination against blacks.
 GolfCoast
Msg: 113
Posted: 11/3/2010 5:10:35 PM
PH a part time night law school lecturer turned savant for the dull and dim and hero of the stupid who surround us daily. The only mystery is whether he is dumber or the kind of people who bestow Nobel prizes on those of thin resume.
 HORSEFLY1234
Msg: 114
Posted: 11/10/2010 2:35:46 PM
Hey, wait a minute! I thought BO was supposed to be a Messiah! There's going to be a huge reduction in support from his "constituents" because he isn't ruining the US as quickly as they'd hoped for...
Show ALL Forums  > California  >