Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Is Fox News Evil or Stupid? [CLOSED for further review]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 226
view profile
History
Is Fox News Evil or Stupid?Page 10 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)

There are tons of posts here from people who appear to think that if they can point to any one (or even more) inaccuracies in a given "news" source, or in a given poster's writing, that they have therefore proved that EVERYTHING from that source is false.

On the assumption that you had me at least partially in mind when you wrote that (apologies if that's not the case), I want to point out one thing:

Being able to point out inaccuracies - intentional or unintentional - does *not* mean that a source should be dismissed entirely - it just means that you have to take what they say with a grain of salt, and apply stronger filters when you try to analyze the source.

I come from a background of studying history, where we learn a number of things that these folks are obviously not aware of, or have not properly integrated into what they are trying to accomplish with their arguments. When doing a legitimate study of history (including the history happening right now), the historian has to keep in mind that ALL sources have biases, whether intentional or not. Getting caught up in being outraged that one or more of your sources has "feet of clay," wont allow you to complete your investigation, and will not actually help you in any way, to get to the true core of things.

Absolutely agree. We have similar backgrounds, apparently. My degree is an honours degree is Soviet & East European Studies, which is essentially a combined history & political science major.

Assume for a moment that CNN is absolutely, totally, 100% on the left, no exceptions. Assume also the FOX is the same on the right.

In that case, CNN will tend to not bother reporting facts that don't fit their bias, and stress those that do, which will naturally distort their reporting. FOX will wind up doing the same on the other side.

If you want to know what really happened, you have to pay attention to *both* - regardless of how badly it makes your eardrums bleed, or make you want to gouge your eyes out. As my father used to say, "The only man you can't learn something from is the one you don't listen to". He was right - and if you don't, you are guaranteed to only ever get (at best) half the story.

The recent jettisoning of Beck looks like a good case in point: Fox isn't getting rid of him because he'e been so irresponsible, or inaccurate, or insane. They are getting rid of him because his ratings have fallen off.

Not quite, I don't think. Yes, his ratings have fallen off, rather dramatically - but he has still got the most popular show by a long shot. More importantly, I think, is that he's had over 200 sponsors quit over the last few years. I think it's the dry well, not the (relative) lack of ratings, that's more responsible.
 60to70
Msg: 227
Is Fox News Evil or Stupid?
Posted: 4/11/2011 12:18:35 AM
What matters essentially is that you take all of these Big Boys and reduce them to their core values....viewership and money. After that make it your business to sort through the messes and come to some sane and right conclusions. Take ownership of your world through yourself and no silly fox or cnn. They do not deserve to be capitalized.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 228
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2011 5:39:38 AM
" More importantly, I think, is that he's had over 200 sponsors quit over the last few years. I think it's the dry well, not the (relative) lack of ratings, that's more responsible."
Very good, I hadn't heard exactly that, but it still goes to my own point about Fox. I don't see them as "evil," or "stupid," I see them as businessmen who decided that they would completely ignore whether their content was accurate or responsible, and instead they look ONLY at profits and losses.
By the way, since seeing this response of yours, I've also seen some conservative commentator in the news claiming that the reason Becks sponsors dropped away was "pressure from the left." This doesn't make sense either, since it would require there to be an ascendancy of the left at play in national politics, and there is NOT.
I contend that the reason his SPONSORS dropped away, is the same reason Fox dumped him: they too, are businessmen, and when his ratings fell, they realized that they were paying big bucks to run ads in front of fewer and fewer people. Not being fools, they shifted their advertising dollars elsewhere. The only reason why ratings have BEEN monitored, is so that sponsors can be persuaded to advertise! What, you think they pay to give us a TV show to make us FEEL good?
 Neopoli
Msg: 229
Posted: 4/11/2011 8:29:49 PM

I still contend that Fox is all about profits, and in that sense are no different from MSNBC, or any of the rest of the major "news" businesses. It has been my observation that Fox is much more blatant about their prejudices, and much sloppier about letting their people push slanted agendas (mislabeling videos and political affiliations of wrong-doers) than the other news businesses are.
The recent jettisoning of Beck looks like a good case in point: Fox isn't getting rid of him because he'e been so irresponsible, or inaccurate, or insane. They are getting rid of him because his ratings have fallen off.

I watch FOX, CNN, MSNBC, , the Big 3 network news & even C-SPAN all on a regular basis, due to the fact they are all clustered together on my cable package. I have certain favorites on ALL of these channels, & other times switch between commercials to see what's what on all.

Yes, FOX seems to have a slight right slant, but it is no more of a slant that some others have to the left, so in essence, largely due to FOX, I AM getting a fair & balanced view collectively.

FOX's round table is the best in the business. They hide their stripes respectfully, & debate respectfully & intelligently from the MIDDLE. They take bites from both extremes, as well as discuss topics the others wont touch. Thats a far cry from most other copy-cat roundtable formats which seem to pit an adversarial liberal, a neocon, & various other sundry agendists against eachother in a free-for-all Texas chainsaw death match. These more "mainstream(?) showsare painful & embarrassing to watch, but I suppose PC or ratings trump any & all other factors.

Of course Glenn Beck is a boob, but at the same time, so is Chris Mathews & Lou Dobbs. They are all agendists, but their shows are just that - SHOWS. All 3 round out the political agendist landscape nicely & appeal to the majority of beliefs somewhat equally . Without the equalizing FOX shows, the remaining slight-to-severe left slant would be painfully obvious.

As far as the charge that FOX omits stories, at the same time they report stories that the others dont, so, depending on who's keeping score, the others are also guilty of omitting what FOX reports.

The Big 3 will report a story, but FOX won't, but at the same time FOX will report a story that the Big 3 wont. There's a huge collective advantage over FOX on that point as far as media saturation & spoon feeding certain news to the general public & omitting certain others. I dont appreciate someone picking the marshmallows out of my Lucky Charms as they see fit.

I'm sorry if any of you are lefties, but I'm not a rightie. Not all FOX viewers are righties as most of you so stereotypically assume. FOX simply fills a conspicuous gap that the other organizations leave & is a necessary piece of the puzzle for me.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 230
Posted: 4/11/2011 8:39:30 PM

Yes, FOX seems to have a slight right slant, but it is no more of a slant that some others have to the left

Yes, a slight lean to the right

the remaining slight-to-severe left slant would be painfully obvious.

Yes...we should stop that gawd dayum goverment waste in supporting PBS and NPR...those leftist commies...that "News Hour"..."show"...Now Rush there's a guy that knows what's going on in the world...eye roll...
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 231
Posted: 4/11/2011 8:42:26 PM

Yes, FOX seems to have a slight right slant, but it is no more of a slant that some others have to the left

Yes, a slight lean to the right

the remaining slight-to-severe left slant would be painfully obvious.

Yes...we should stop that gawd dayum goverment waste in supporting PBS and NPR...those leftist commies...that "News Hour"..."show"...Now Rush there's a guy that knows what's going on in the world...eye roll...

The above post is made with no conviction of the writer, but is meant for pure entertainment value...and with the support of the following sponsors:

Exxon Mobil
Halliburton
CITI
Bank America
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 232
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2011 5:39:10 AM
"Yes, FOX seems to have a slight right slant, but it is no more of a slant that some others have to the left, so in essence, largely due to FOX, I AM getting a fair & balanced view collectively."

Actually, no, you are not. Substituting lies that please you with lies that displease you doesn't give you ANY factual information at all. I like to characterize it like target shooting: if you shoot to the left ten times and miss the target, then shoot to the right ten times and miss the target, you don't end up with ten bulls eyes. Seriously. Try it sometime.

The worst thing about ANYONE with a biased view of the world, going to a "news" source that sounds good to them, is that they end up worse than ignorant. Instead of NOT knowing what's really going on, they think they DO know what's going on, and therefore make WRONG decisions.
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 233
Posted: 4/12/2011 9:52:58 AM
For those scoring at home at another to the evil pile.

Another attempt by the gop / fox news to spread misinformation with regards to what role Plan Parenthood does.

Walgreens Corrects Fox & Friends: We Don't Offer Pap Smears

April 11, 2011 11:09 am ET by Eric Hananoki

On Saturday's Fox & Friends, co-hosts Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade attempted to dismiss the importance of Planned Parenthood funding by claiming that services like pap smears are available "at Walgreens." In response to an email about the segment, a Walgreens spokesperson told Media Matters that they do not offer such services.

The Fox News hosts' remarks came during a discussion of the debate over federal funding to Planned Parenthood. During the budget showdown, Republicans attempted to remove federal funding for the women's health group. Planned Parenthood defenders, such as Sen. Majority Leader Harry Reid, have argued that the funding is necessary because it goes to "clinics that provide services like cancers tests that save women's lives and save money down the road by catching diseases that are expensive to treat."

On April 9, Doocy and Kilmeade responded to Reid by dismissing Planned Parenthood services

See video here: http://mediamatters.org/blog/201104110009

"Neither Walgreens, nor its in-store healthcare clinics, Take Care Clinics, offer pap smears or breast exams," Take Care Clinic spokeswoman Lauren Nestler told Media Matters after being emailed the segment.

The clinics, which are a subsidiary of Walgreens, offer health services like flu vaccines and blood pressure screening at 350 Walgreens stores.

Fox & Friends' false claim about pap smears is the latest in a series of attempts by conservatives to dismiss the importance of Planned Parenthood for women's health services. As Steve Benen noted, "Republicans, like their cable news network, would like the public to believe the preventative health services provided by Planned Parenthood aren't especially necessary or worthy of funding, since they're readily available everywhere -- as if every block in America has a Starbucks, an ATM, and screenings for cervical cancer. Except, that's ridiculous, Fox News lying about it, ironically, only helps underscore the value of Planned Parenthood clinics."

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201104110009
 Neopoli
Msg: 234
Posted: 4/12/2011 10:38:47 AM

...The above post is made with no conviction of the writer, but is meant for pure entertainment value...and with the support of the following sponsors:

Exxon Mobil
Halliburton
CITI
Bank America

...Above is an example of the "slight-to-severe left" I referred to, just for clarification. Less slight - more severe. No clue as to "middle". Typical adversarial liberal attack of a moderate viewpoint. Thanks for the lovely diatribe.

Fox & Friends is no different than The View, Hardball, or any other agendist SHOW concerning ISSUES. They are agendist SHOWS for viewer entertainment. I do not watch these crap shows, nor are influenced by them as others here seem to be.. There is far better quality programming offered by these networks.

Again, I am sure I know what is going on with these news organizations & their agendist "SHOWS". I know what to roll my eyes at & what to listen to.

And again, I do NOT appreciate someone picking the marshmallows out of my Lucky Charms. Just dump all the cereal in my bowl. I know what unedible crap to pick out....be it from FOX, MSNBC, CNN, CBS, NBC, etc.
 4rumninja
Msg: 235
Posted: 4/13/2011 10:45:51 AM
Google Planned Parenthood ..the link that shows up -Planned Parenthood
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is the nation's leading sexual and reproductive health care provider and advocate.
www.plannedparenthood.org/ - Cached - Similar - Block all plannedparenthood.org results
Birth Control
Abortion
Planned Parenthood Locations and ...
Contact Us

Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
Jobs & Volunteering
Am I Pregnant?
Morning After Pill
More results from plannedparenthood.org »
?

This is what comes up..Planned Parenthood is aware of what comes up when someone searches..I see no mention of cancer screenings....Kind of hard to believe that their main purpose is not abortion and Birth Control based on these links...

How many abortions were performed at planned parenthood clinics since its establishment?
 Twilightslove
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2011 11:21:13 AM
I know a young woman who got a pap smear through planned parenthood. She had insurance that was only good at emergency rooms in Texas. She was from California and her insurance was California insurance.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/womens-health/pap-tests-hpv-tests-19875.htm

They do provide these tests.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 237
Posted: 4/13/2011 11:37:26 AM
Planned Parenthood does the following thing...and more...right off the website:

http://www.plannedparenthood.org

• anemia testing
• cholesterol screening
• diabetes screening
• physical exams, including for employment and sports
• flu vaccines
• help with quitting smoking
• high blood pressure screening
• tetanus vaccines
• thyroid screening

• Breast Cancer Screenings
• Procedures to Prevent Cervical Cancer
• Female Infertility
• Menopause
• Menstruation
• Ovarian Cancer
• Pap Tests & HPV Tests
• Pelvic Exam
• Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
• Yeast Infection & Vaginitis

So, they keep these centers open by providing just abortions and handing out birth control...in the 820 Planned Parenthood facilities....mind boggling..

They serve over five million clients a year, 26% of which are teenagers under the age of 19.....

In 2008, they reported that contraception constituted 35% of total services, STI/STD testing and treatment constituted 34%, cancer testing and screening constituted 17%; and other women's health procedures, including pregnancy, prenatal, midlife, and infertility were 10%;[30] less than 2% of visits involve abortions

7,021 prenatal clients and referring 977 parents to adoption services."[32] The organization also said its doctors and nurses annually conduct 1 million screenings for cervical cancer, 830,000 breast exams and some 4 million tests and treatments for sexually transmitted diseases.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_Parenthood
 4rumninja
Msg: 238
Posted: 4/13/2011 11:37:44 AM
I am sure they do..just like Firestone does brakes...majority of their business is tires but they do offer other services..much like Planned Parenthood the majority of their services are Abortion and Birth control while they do offer other services on a small scale....
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 239
Posted: 4/13/2011 12:42:41 PM
How many abortions were performed at planned parenthood clinics since its establishment?

It roughly makes up ~3% of what they do, although that does not really matter as federal law prohibits moneys to be spent for abortions unless they are what is considered extraordinary circumstances, (see: Hyde Amendment*) which is what the GOP is trying to change.

They want to make it so that cases where the women is raped or incest has occurred would not count as they are only considered what the GOP would call Rape Light, not full rape.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/files/PPFA/PP_Services.pdf

http://www.favstocks.com/wp-content/uploads/cache/2011/04/86dc2-NA-AU534-PP-NS-20081209183216.gif

*The Hyde Amendment forbids the use of federal funds for abortion care except in cases of rape, incest, and threats to the life of the mother

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyde_Amendment
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 240
Posted: 4/13/2011 3:23:01 PM
Just weighing in. I don't think they're stupid at all. It takes more money and time to inform a public that has a clue as to what's going on. Fairly simple (and cheap) to entertain the fairly simple. So that's what they do. They understand the biases of their audience, and feed them. Evidently, however, it IS possible to misjudge somewhat what even that audience will tolerate, hence Glenn's morphing on down the road.

So if they're not stupid, I guess that leaves. . . .

NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2011 11:57:22 PM
I wonder if this is true as such a large percentage of the American public seems to be swayed by all the lies Fox spews.

I doubt it. I freely grant that, by definition, 50% of the population is below average intelligence - but I really don't think you can say that just somebody is a Republican they believe what they see on FOX - even if they watch it.

I remember years ago, I had a brother that got married in Oregon. Another brother and I flew to Vancouver, and then drove down to Portland to "represent" the family. The drive down and back were the first and only time I'd ever heard Rush Limbaugh's radio show - and both my brother and I LOVED it. Why? We thought it was *hilarious*. It was only later I discovered that people took him seriously.

Being conservative doesn't mean you're stupid.
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 242
Posted: 4/28/2011 8:04:46 PM
Fox Faked News Channel - highlights!!

Uploaded by Ralphdraw3 on Mar 6, 2011

From misplacing Egypt on a map, to swapping old footage for new, to mislabeling party affiliation, Fox leads the way!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKy1PRH7fjw&feature=watch_response
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 243
Posted: 4/30/2011 6:34:50 AM
Fox takes Derp to a whole new level.

John Stossel Moderates A "Debate" Between Rep. Ron Paul And ... An Obama Impersonator
April 28, 2011 11:11 pm ET

From the April 28 edition of Fox Business' Stossel:

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201104280046?sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4dbbaf3c08a4bcee,0
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2011 6:56:38 AM
If I weren't hearing real people quoting Fox news reports as being decisive for them, I would find their insanity laughable. But their obviously purposeful lies (as in no one is ever fired for promulgating them) ARE damaging the nation.
the trouble with faked "news" reports, is that most people do NOT recall WHERE they heard something, they only remember THAT they heard it. Thus, a lie from such as Fox can easily come to be believed as fact, no matter how obvious the lie was at the time it was presented. Based on the fact that actions based on lies are always bad for a nation, that would make it accurate to describe Fox News as THE most ANTI-AMERICAN "news" channel in existence.
 Neopoli
Msg: 245
Posted: 4/30/2011 9:39:47 AM
QUESTION: Considering that roughly two-thirds of registered voters are Democrats & only one-third are Republicans, how do you explain how Fox consistently trumps the ratings across the board?

ANSWER: Because more than half of all Democrats are regular veiwers of Fox. That would be the silent majority moderate/conservative Democrats like me....you know....the evil & stupid ones. Typical adversarial liberal reasoning.

Fox doesn't just beat the pants off of all the other shows, they annhiliate them. Cant do that without fellow Democratic support!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/04/29/cable-news-ratings-for-thursday-april-28-2011/90976
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 246
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2011 12:39:37 PM
Following the lead of Fox News, neopoli...you just MSU (make sh*t up) and expect people to fall for it.

Cable news itself is a dying news source. While Fox's numbers look pheonmenal to Fox News Swallowers, all 2.5 million of them, combined the unbiased or low biased networks have more viewers. Democrats are are a bit over a third of registered voters, republicans around 31%, and independents, the largest growing demographic make up most of the rest.

Fox news viewers are overwhelmingly older, white, uppper and upper-middle class. Of the claimed "50%" of Fox viewers who are dem or indie, much of that can be attributed to morbid curiosity, or captive audiences in business who are Fox only.

O'Really?, and Beckerneck ratings plunged, Beck's to the point of the loss of 300 advertisers and his job. The dumber and more evil Fox becomes, the smarter some of their viewership becomes and abandons a stinking, sinking ship of fools.

http://commuknits.tumblr.com/post/4258849261/cnn-msnbc-increase-viewership-while-fox-news-ratings
The FOX News Channel has hit some turbulent waters over the past three months, losing more than 21% of its audience since January.

According to a report by Business Insider, the Glenn Beck program is the biggest ratings loss for the channel with 30% of its audience tuning out.

Bill O’Reilly’s program “The O’Reilly Factor” lost 14% of its viewership, while Greta Van Susteren lost 23% of the crowd with her show.

Business Insider reports FOX’s competition, MSNBC and CNN, are up in viewership since January.

MSNBC saw a 9% increase in viewership for Rachel Maddow’s prime-time news program, while Anderson Cooper’s CNN show is up by 18%.

The ratings were compiled by the Nielsen Company. [Business Insider]
 Neopoli
Msg: 247
Posted: 4/30/2011 4:45:44 PM
In 2004, Democrats outnumbered Republicans by a 3-2 margin.(72 million vs. 55 million) The majority of Independents (42 million) are either former Democrats, or Democratic-leaning. That wildcard Independent swing gives a roughly two-thirds Democrat-leaning majority that I quoted.
Sorry my stats were from a few years ago. I mistakingly said registered voters; I should have said all voters. Nobody is making sh1t up. Typical adversarial liberal behavior.

BTW, thanks for pointing out that the same adversarial liberal behavior in the party has pushed even more record numbers of moderate/conservative Democrats out of our party & into the Independent ranks these past few years. I hadn't realized how quickly this dramatic shift occured. This is why we lost majority in the House & almost in the Senate. You all must be proud.

The number of Democrats peaked at 41.7% in May 2008, and it was nearly as high--at 41.6%--in December 2008. That number fell below the 40% mark in March 2009 and first fell below 35% in September 2010. Prior to this month, the number of Democrats had been below 35% since September of last year.

For Republicans, the peak was way back in September 2004 at 37.3%. Since then, until the past three months, the number of Republicans has generally stayed between 31% and 34% of the nation’s adults.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/partisan_trends

MSNBC saw a 9% increase in viewership for Rachel Maddow’s prime-time news program, while Anderson Cooper’s CNN show is up by 18%

Obviuosly you didnt even bother checking out the link I provided. I suppose I must paste the text here. Fox trounces all others by more than double the nearest rating THIS WEEK:

Cable News Daily Ratings for April 28, 2011
Daytime
FNC 1,141
CNN 539
MSNBC 501
CNBC 219
FBN 77
HLN 219

Primetime
FNC 1,873
CNN 813
MSNBC 905
CNBC 271
FBN 88
HLN 288

Anderson Cooper is also getting trounced by Bill O'Reilly THIS WEEK as usual. I dont know who is making sh1t up now:

FNC THE OREILLY FACTOR 1,225
CNN ANDERSON COOPER 360
MSNBC MSNBC SPECIAL 460
CNBC MAD MONEY 110
HLN SHOWBIZ TONIGHT 212

...same for Rachel Maddow, although she lags Hannity, she isnt as far behind as the others:

FNC HANNITY 1,639
CNN Piers Morgan Tonight 893
MSNBC RACHEL MADDOW SHOW 1,079
CNBC SUPERMARKETS INC 339
HLN DR. DREW 211

Fox news viewers are overwhelmingly older, white, uppper and upper-middle class. Of the claimed "50%" of Fox viewers who are dem or indie, much of that can be attributed to morbid curiosity, or captive audiences in business who are Fox only.

Wrong again. The link shows all age groups & Fox STILL trounces all others at ANY age group. Also, ratings are split among all time slots. Fox trounces all others in the morning, primetime, & late night.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 248
Posted: 4/30/2011 5:19:05 PM
Um, no. Sorry, but just google Fox News demographics and you'll see that you're wrong about that part of your rebuttal.

According to a study released by Magna Global’s Steve Sternberg, the five broadcast nets’ average live median age (in other words, not including delayed DVR viewing) was 50 last season. That’s the oldest ever since Sternberg started analyzing median age more than a decade ago — and the first time the nets’ median age was outside of the vaunted 18-49 demo…

Among ad-supported cable nets, the news nets (along with older-skewing Hallmark Channel, Golf Channel and GSN’s daytime sked) sport the most gray, with Fox News Channel’s daytime and primetime skeds the absolute oldest, clocking in with a median age above 65. (Emphasis added.)

Update: Hollywood Reporter, August 10, 2010:

In a survey released by analyst Steve Sternberg, Fox News has the oldest audience among fully distributed cable networks. The network’s average viewer last season was 65 years old, according to Nielsen. Heck, it’s viewers are even older than viewers of Hallmark Channel, Military Channel and Golf Channel.

Advertisers don't covet the elderly. They may have money, but they aren't buying i-Pads, going to see the latest slasher flick, or figuring out which beer they want to drink. Most commercials are targeted at 18 to 30 year olds. Fox exists to lie to elderly shut-ins. They may not want to wear the same shoes LeBron James does, but they do vote.

Jon Stewart's show is only a quarter as long as O'Reilly's; doesn't get more viewers. Takes in several times as much money in ad revenue. Fox News doesn't exist for business purposes, but for partisan ones.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 249
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2011 6:02:53 PM
The cheering about the ratings Fox gets, is misplaced. Those talking so approvingly about it, are ignoring the fact that a shows ratings have nothing to do with it's legitimacy, or any other positive thing about it. If it did, then we'd want to give the leadership of the country over to the pornographers, and the NFL.
Back in the day, I used to hear lefties proclaiming joyously that lots of people got mad at them when they said crazy insulting things. They got lots of attention from that behavior. Fox News gets lots of attention and viewers by being irresponsible, lying, exaggerating, and on and on. Getting a lot of attention doesn't mean you are a POSITIVE force in the world.
Besides, there are tons of folks who watch them to seek out the next stupid lie they promulgate, so they can post it on youtube.
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 250
Posted: 4/30/2011 9:29:08 PM

QUESTION: Considering that roughly two-thirds of registered voters are Democrats & only one-third are Republicans, how do you explain how Fox consistently trumps the ratings across the board?

Because people that claim Fox dominates the ratings fail to mention that they are talking only cable news network ratings and not all news programs.

If they did they would clearly see that compared to the major networks Fox is just a drop in the bucket.

ANSWER: Because more than half of all Democrats are regular veiwers of Fox. That would be the silent majority moderate/conservative Democrats like me....you know....the evil & stupid ones. How dare us?? Typical adversarial liberal reasoning.

Citation needed.

Fox doesn't just beat the pants off of all the other shows, they annhiliate them. Cant do that without fellow Democratic support!

So celebrating that a cable news show is number one among other cable news networks is like getting a gold medal at the special Olympics.

And in other news, McDonalds is the most popular restaurant.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Is Fox News Evil or Stupid? [CLOSED for further review]