Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Is Fox News Evil or Stupid? [CLOSED for further review]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lyingcheat
Msg: 426
view profile
History
Is Fox News Evil or Stupid?Page 18 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)

Who is going to define that standard, of "some type," and who is going to hold news outlets to it? The idea that government has a right define "the truth" on any subject is antidemocratic garbage that has no place in a free country. We still have a First Amendment, and news outlets--as they always have been able to do--can report events and state opinions however they damn well please.

The fairness doctrine was cooked up before there was an internet. It was always a dumb idea, and now it's a ridiculous one. It's disingenuous at best for self-styled liberals to whine that their views aren't getting enough air play. The mainstream news media have treated this president with kid gloves from the start, covering up his habitual lying and his radical background. On the whole, they are biased in favor of Obama and his statist policies.

The problem for statists isn't that their ideas aren't getting enough exposure. The problem is simply that those ideas have become less persuasive. This isn't the 1930's. More and more Americans are seeing how 80 years of one failed "liberal" social experiment after another has now brought their country to the edge of an abyss.

The people pushing warmed-over New Deal ideas know they're not selling well, so they're trying to get an even more unfair advantage than they already have. And to cover what they're doing, they falsely blame conservatives for doing it.

Speaking of propaganda machines... apart from the first sentence, this ^^^ is all a red herring and has nothing to do with the repeatedly demonstrated tendency of Fox 'News' to mislead its audience.

Notwithstanding the fanciful irrelevancy of your opinions however there is one sentence that requires challenge.

The idea that government has a right define "the truth" on any subject is antidemocratic garbage that has no place in a free country.

This ^^^ is just a straw man. It's already been pointed out there are various mechanisms by which the press may be held to account that don't necessarily involve the nasty 'government' you seem to hate so much. Though one wonders why it is that you automatically assume the allegedly 'greatest nation on earth' can't manage to establish a statutorily independent regulatory body and successfully run it without sliding into tyranny.

But either way, and whatever the mechanism, quite obviously there's no causal link between a press that's accountable to the public and an instant descent into totalitarianism. Just the opposite in fact, because to the extent the press acts as a propaganda machine (ie; tells untruths) it is in opposition to democracy.
The point is easily demonstrated. This study is titled 'Misinformation and the 2010 Election - A study of the US Electorate'

There were however a number of cases where greater exposure to a news source increased misinformation on a specific issue.
Those who watched Fox News almost daily were significantly more likely than those who never
watched it to believe that:
-most economists estimate the stimulus caused job losses
-most economists have estimated the health care law will worsen the deficit
-the economy is getting worse
-most scientists do not agree that climate change is occurring
-the stimulus legislation did not include any tax cuts
-their own income taxes have gone up
-the auto bailout only occurred under Obama
-when TARP came up for a vote most Republicans opposed it
-and that it is not clear that Obama was born in the United States
These effects increased incrementally with increasing levels of exposure and all were statistically significant.
The effect was also not simply a function of partisan bias, as people who voted
Democratic and watched Fox News were also more likely to have such misinformation than those who did not watch it -- though by a lesser margin than those who voted Republican.
http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/pdf/dec10/Misinformation_Dec10_rpt.pdf

An uninformed, or misinformed, public is the mark of a corrupt system. That you argue so tirelessly and vociferously for the 'right' to be lied to is just bizarre, though at least there's a consistency there, considering the style and content of your own output.
 matchlight
Msg: 427
view profile
History
Is Fox News Evil or Stupid?
Posted: 12/15/2011 10:23:34 AM
It's already been pointed out there are various mechanisms by which the press may be held to account that don't necessarily involve the nasty 'government' you seem to hate so much.

It has? And just how would those various mechanisms work, I wonder, without any laws to give them teeth? Some government--in this case, presumably federal--would have to make those laws. Or maybe you think news outlets will voluntarily say just what you think they should. Sweet reason will cause conservatives to see the error of their ways, I suppose, and soon they'll be talking like Saul Alinsky or Barack Obama or William Ayers.

With your undoubted knowledge of First Amendment jurisprudence, especially Supreme Court decisions which define the boundaries of the freedoms of the press and of speech, no doubt you can explain how American news outlets can be made to say what you think is "the truth."

That you argue so tirelessly and vociferously for the 'right' to be lied to is just bizarre, though at least there's a consistency there, considering the style and content of your own output.

Thank you for showing you can't make your points reasonably. You just called me a liar, from the safety of your keyboard. You did that because you don't agree with my opinions and are frustrated that you don't have the knowledge or the skills to rebut them persuasively. Name-calling is just what I've come to expect from leftists, because their ideas--notions, really--can't stand up on their own.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 428
Posted: 12/15/2011 12:17:52 PM
Stop being a Keyboard Kommando, Match. It's easy for you to talk smack form YOUR keyboard as well.

In no WAY did he call you a liar, and it's a damned lie for you to say so. He SAID, since you can't seem to understand plain English, that he doesn't understand your desire to be lied to, and your desire to protect those liars ability to KEEP lying to you, but at least you're consistant in your desire to keep being lied to.

And yes, given the fact that so many voters choose to infect their brains with lies, and are too damn lazy to think for themselves, it would behoove us to do SOMETHING to make sure that media that claims its a NEWS channel actually presents y'know, NEWS, instead of just making shit up to feed their political views.

If FOX wants to continue lying, then they'd have to change their title from a News organization and to an "Entertainment" channel or something. We already have laws about truth in advertising.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 429
Posted: 12/15/2011 12:20:15 PM

I defy you to put a list of Fox lies and MSNBC lies side by side (Or in the short version, see which one has more sites dedicated to pointing out its lies) and see which is longer.

How is what i said BS when you just said it yourself comparing the list of lies on both networks? LOL thanks for proving my point.

I really miss people having critical thinking skills. Really I do.

Since I have to explain it at a lower level, my point is, if you actually managed to FIND a list of actual, verifiable lies from MSNBC, that list, when compared to one from FOX, would be very tiny indeed, where the FOX list would be quite long.

Get it now?
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 430
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2011 1:03:07 PM
Interesting to watch our residential "constitutional scholar" do the nuance dance on defending lying in the media as a first amendment issue. I would venture to guess that Fox Noise employees are prohibited from signing onto the SPJs' code of ethics.
Again, if nations like our neighbors to the north can prevent such unethical abuse of public airwaves, why are the loudest in the US so enamored by defending lies?

http://www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp

Seek Truth and
Report It
Journalists should be honest, fair and courageous in gathering, reporting and interpreting information.

Journalists should:

— Test the accuracy of information from all sources and exercise care to avoid inadvertent error. Deliberate distortion is never permissible.
— Diligently seek out subjects of news stories to give them the opportunity to respond to allegations of wrongdoing.
— Identify sources whenever feasible. The public is entitled to as much information as possible on sources' reliability.
— Always question sources’ motives before promising anonymity. Clarify conditions attached to any promise made in exchange for information. Keep promises.
— Make certain that headlines, news teases and promotional material, photos, video, audio, graphics, sound bites and quotations do not misrepresent. They should not oversimplify or highlight incidents out of context.
— Never distort the content of news photos or video. Image enhancement for technical clarity is always permissible. Label montages and photo illustrations.
— Avoid misleading re-enactments or staged news events. If re-enactment is necessary to tell a story, label it.
— Avoid undercover or other surreptitious methods of gathering information except when traditional open methods will not yield information vital to the public. Use of such methods should be explained as part of the story
— Never plagiarize.
— Tell the story of the diversity and magnitude of the human experience boldly, even when it is unpopular to do so.
— Examine their own cultural values and avoid imposing those values on others.
— Avoid stereotyping by race, gender, age, religion, ethnicity, geography, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance or social status.
— Support the open exchange of views, even views they find repugnant.
— Give voice to the voiceless; official and unofficial sources of information can be equally valid.
— Distinguish between advocacy and news reporting. Analysis and commentary should be labeled and not misrepresent fact or context.
— Distinguish news from advertising and shun hybrids that blur the lines between the two.
— Recognize a special obligation to ensure that the public's business is conducted in the open and that government records are open to inspection.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 431
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2011 2:50:10 PM
I really miss people having critical thinking skills. Really I do.

So your utterly bias slander is what you call critical thinking? LOL Remember that comedy tour i told you a while back you should sign up for? Yeah, i really mean it.

They would be tiny to you because it fits your agenda based on your left wing ideological viewpoint. You are no diff then someone from the far right that would say the same things about MSNBC. So i mean any discussion from you about this is pointless because you are heavily liberal anyhow which pretty much says that you won't listen to anything beyond something that is not slamming the right. So any formal discussion on the matter about this becomes pointless to discuss with someone so heavily biased. And what does any of this have anything to do with the way they are biased just like any other news network is. You would have to be living in a cave if you think MSNBC doesn't favor the left. Fox News favors the right. There that wasn't so hard.

lyincheat youer getting your source of info from a far left website. I mean come on mediamatters? Of course they are going to say that in that quote about Fox News.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 432
Posted: 12/15/2011 2:59:18 PM

..So i mean any discussion from you about this is pointless because you are heavily liberal anyhow which pretty much says that you won't listen to anything beyond something that is not slamming the right. So any formal discussion on the matter about this becomes pointless to discuss with someone so heavily biased.

Pot Meet Kettle.

Seriously, you have been given 100's of examples of how Fox is far worse than any other TV network, yet you continue to ignore them and push back with they are as bad as the other guys.

Other than chalking this up to the Dunning–Kruger Effect I am lost for an explanation.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 433
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2011 3:02:33 PM
Pot meet kettle? Um what examples have i been given again far left wing bashing websites that say that? show me actual unbiased examples. Furthermore you aren't making any sense how is that the pot calling the kettle anything when i stated all news networks favor one side or another.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 434
Posted: 12/15/2011 3:10:34 PM

Pot meet kettle? Um what examples have i been given again far left wing bashing websites that say that? show me actual unbiased examples...

What you fail to understand is regardless of who is pointing out all the glaring examples of where fox has lied, they are still lies.

Many of the sources of the lies are direct links to Fox, thus providing you with all the examples you need.

Unless you can show where anyone of those allegations are false, you have fallen into your own trap of being extremely bias.

Furthermore you aren't making any sense how is that the pot calling the kettle anything when i stated all news networks favor one side or another.

[IMG]FacePalm.jpg[/IMG]
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 435
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2011 3:18:03 PM
How did i fail to understand that i never said fox news has always been honest in it's reporting. I clearly stated they favor the right, So of course they are going to lean towards the views of the right more so then anything else.

Can you show me anywhere were media matters slams MSNBC as much as they do fox news or at all for that matter? Prob not, because it's a left wing site. lol Yes let me go get quotes from the national journal and lets see how many times they slam the left vs the right too. Don't you get it those sites are no more than biased agenda sites.

How did i fall into my own trap lol what trap am i falling under? You have still yet to show me an unbiased website that claims as much lies as a left wing website does to the right. As soon as you do then you can actually use that as a baisis for legitimacy.

Faceplam? Yeah that's what exactly how i felt reading that last post of yours. I'm still waiting for the correlation betwen my intial statement in how all news networks favor a side to fox news lies!!! I mean that's twisting the subject to try to divert from the actual statement in which i made.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 436
Posted: 12/15/2011 4:05:11 PM

How did i fail to understand that i never said fox news has always been honest in it's reporting. I clearly stated they favor the right, So of course they are going to lean towards the views of the right more so then anything else.

So doing stuff like manipulating photographs to make people look bad, not telling the truth, changing numbers etc among the other things already pointed out... is just a bias?

Can you show me anywhere were media matters slams MSNBC as much as they do fox news or at all for that matter? Prob not, because it's a left wing site...

Seeing as your internet skills may be somewhat lacking, let me google that for you:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=media+matters+slams+MSNBC+

...Don't you get it those sites are no more than biased agenda sites...

Yes I get it.

I also am smart enough to look at what is presented and make an unbias judgement against or for.

I am smart enough to not just dismiss anything based on who is saying it, I look at what is being said and then see if it hold any water and with respect to Fox news being the most corrupt news broadcaster it is pretty clear that they are miles above anyone else.

How did i fall into my own trap lol what trap am i falling under?

As previously pointed out, most likely Dunning–Kruger effect.

You have still yet to show me an unbiased website that claims as much lies as a left wing website does to the right. As soon as you do then you can actually use that as a baisis for legitimacy.

Well that would be impossible to do as no one can determine who has or what someones bias may or may not be.

So until you can show that anyone of the claims made against Fox is this thread is untrue and is a fabrications based purely on bias I will assume you have no argument.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 437
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2011 4:50:31 PM
Where was this don't talk about it show me actual pictures of that actually happening in which fox did it and not some far left wing website that did some Photoshop and put some fox news logo on it saying they did it either. I want to see actual proof of this or else it's nothing more then propaganda.

Thanks for that poor attempt at a personal jab. that' is truly making a case for your argument there I tell you. You want to call me a poopy face while you are at it to? LOL Funny I thought adults were beyond that stage, but i guess age doesn't always come with maturity. I haven't seen anywhere, where media matters is personally slamming MSNBC on there website. Show me an article of any kind from media matters that is utterly slamming MSNBC itself.

Oh see now you are just being biased again. Yes fox is just soo much more biased then MSNBC. Is that some sort of joke? I sure hope so.

Oh mostly like you manipulating what i was saying and trying to twist it into sounding like i was defending fox when in fact there is no where i said anything in regards to that in my intial statement. I said and i will say it again that all networks are biased. How you correlate with me saying all networks are biased except for fox news is completely beyond me.

It's not impossible factcheck.org is pretty unbiased. There you go.

Well you had no argument to begin with, because you turned what i said into your own misinterpretation. And what article would that be again citing that more people that watch fox news are less informed in which the intial quote was about? LOL.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 438
Posted: 12/15/2011 4:55:23 PM
I don't know why you keep saying "far left website." Media Matters is hardly far left. All they do is show the actual footage of Fox or play the tape of Rush. Yeah, it makes the far right look foolish, but that doesn't make the messenger equally radical.

Nobody (not even Bill O'Reilly) claims they photoshop anything. They just use a PVR.
 DJoseph54
Msg: 439
Posted: 12/15/2011 5:20:47 PM

lying:

These quotes ^^^ from three different posters all overlook, for some reason, the results of several surveys regarding the quality of various media outlets in the US. The links have already been posted in this thread, but here they are again.

....Most all of your links are from left leaning institutions.

....It is no different than I don't watch your news stations, you most likely do not watch ours... or at least not on a consistent basis.

....I find Fox News to be the equal balance, including the often absurd loudmouth drama queens that comprise the majority of the rest.... considering all of the competition, which is about all the rest, Fox does really well.

....In the name of equality, in the name of competition, I am happy Fox is here.... otherwise it would be all left, to far left leaning nonsense being broadcast-ed to the masses. Folks can decipher what they want to, but at least there is still a choice.

PS: When the left, or even the liberal media is ****ing about someone, or something, it is worth taking a look at.
 Bladesmith81801
Msg: 440
Posted: 12/15/2011 5:34:07 PM
Its very simple, Steel. Simply plug into a search engine asking for the lies told by Fox, and the lies told by MSNBC, and see how many site pop up exposing the lies and how many. Should be a simple thing for you to do.

But you won't, because it would blow your argument out of the water. Intellectual cowardice of the highest order.

If you never look at the facts, you can continue bloviating about how I'm so completely wrong. You won't accept any info I or anyone else that doesn't echo your thoughts gives you, so I challenge you to do the work yourself and deny the results.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 441
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2011 6:11:28 PM
halftime Soros funds media matters and Sororos is a far left guy. If media maters isn't far left the Glen Beck isn't far right lol.

Blade, it's very simple if it's very simple then why can't you provide a website that's actually not left wing or far left wing that you can show this as fact. That should be fairly simple i looked all up and down fact check didn't see all of these overexgaeration propaganda lies like you keep mentioning. then again getting your source from far left wing websites hasn't really made you accurate either in your past history of post to say the least. Yeah remember that CIA comment or how about that bush quote that you got from a far left wing website that was totally spun when i showed you the actual video on youtube. Yeah blade you sure make a lot of accurate observations i tell you. Maybe you should do more research of your own and quit relying heavily on some nut job far left wing websites that you love to go to, to get your source of information from for a change.

Blow my argument out of the water? You have still yet to provide me with an actual argument. I'm sorry getting spun garbage from a right wing hate mongering websites isn't considered intellectual in the highest order by any means. Please enlighten me some more.

So this is your defense if it's facts why isn't all this posted on a unbiased website why is it posted on just far left wing smear sites? Hmmmm there is your fact statement for you. Lets face it you are going to believe anything the left says because you are far left. If some far left wing website told you Bush was secretly hiding crack cocaine in his ass you would believe that too. lol

lyingcheat
Msg: 442
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2011 6:12:01 PM

lyincheat youer getting your source of info from a far left website. I mean come on mediamatters? Of course they are going to say that in that quote about Fox News.

'They' aren't saying it.
The respondents, of diverse political leaning, to a series of surveys conducted by various organisations are 'saying' it via their answers to the survey questions.

Seven surveys in fact. Over a period of time.
Here's the link (again) to all seven surveys -
http://mediamatters.org/blog/201111220020?frontpage
And this one is useful too -
http://mediamatters.org/research/201106220022#5

And here's a few direct links you must have missed, note these weren't conducted by the organisation you objected to.
http://woods.stanford.edu/docs/surveys/Global-Warming-Fox-News.pdf
http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/articles/international_security_bt/102.php
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2011/11/21/fox-news-viewers-uninformed-npr-listeners-not-poll-suggests/
http://www.kff.org/healthreform/upload/8148.pdf
http://www.comm.ohio-state.edu/kgarrett/MediaMosqueRumors.pdf
http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/pdf/dec10/Misinformation_Dec10_rpt.pdf

Can you show me anywhere were media matters slams MSNBC as much as they do fox news or at all for that matter? Prob not, because it's a left wing site.

That's ^^^ a non-sequitur. As shown above, it's not a matter of some left or right leaning website making up survey results, or answering all the questions themselves - various organisations asked members of the public, of varying political affiliation, and published the results.
The website that bothers you so much simply referred to these surveys, some (if not all) of which do rate many different news organisations more, or less, unfavourably. If you don't realise this it's clear you haven't been reading the links provided, which is kind of informative with regard to your interest in facts.

DJoseph54
Msg: 443
Posted: 12/15/2011 6:14:02 PM
Personally, I don't find Bill O'Reilly nearly as obnoxious as the drama queens, Keith Olbermann, Bill Maher, etc.

Yes, that is just an opinion, while many of the women I know actually like Bill Maher, so it is logical that effeminate males would as well.

And speaking of women, Fox news wins it hands down for having the best looking women.

Regardless, I find them all to lie; either outright, by accident, or much more often, by biased omission. Nevertheless, if you don't like Fox, don't watch it.... we are still a free country, where about half will disagree with you.

===============
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 444
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2011 6:20:22 PM
surveys conducted by various organisations are 'saying' it via their answers to the survey questions.

And who are these various org again?

They' aren't saying it.

And yet they are posting it on their website in a blog for that matter, not an actual news report.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201111220020?frontpage

So what you are saying is you have no idea who these various poll org actually are. If you don't know who these various org are, then how do you know for that matter that they aren't just made up in the first place or they aren't funded by someone with an underlining agenda in mind. What I haven't seen is the actual various org themevles to do any type of background check on these org pollings. I mean anyone can throw up a line well various polls say this or that without any actual proof that these polls went out and polled people or even exist for that matter without doing a legit background check.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 445
Posted: 12/15/2011 6:34:49 PM

...That should be fairly simple i looked all up and down fact check didn't see all of these overexgaeration propaganda lies like you keep mentioning.

So we can assume that you disregarded the ~10 pages of Fox lies on FactCheck?

Congratulations on your fail.

And speaking of women, Fox news wins it hands down for having the best looking women.

Other than hacking phones, Rupert Murdoch knows that having good looking chicks will increase viewership as that is what really matters when trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator.
 DJoseph54
Msg: 446
Posted: 12/15/2011 6:46:01 PM
AA offers:
Other than hacking phones, Rupert Murdoch knows that having good looking chicks will increase viewership as that is what really matters when trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Unless you are simply parroting throughout this thread, as if you never view Fox news and really don't know what Fox is all about, you are watching same for some reason.... it can't be for the news that you dislike so much.

Thus, if you now claim you never watch Fox, you are just another sheep and your opinion is moot and should be mute.

Hint: Turn the volume down....

PS: Aristotle, you are not.

=====================
 lyingcheat
Msg: 447
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2011 6:56:39 PM

'They' (mediamatters) aren't saying it. The respondents, of diverse political leaning, to a series of surveys conducted by various organisations are 'saying' it via their answers to the survey questions.

And who are these various org again?

Good grief, are you incapable of even seeing, let alone following, links? The post you took this quote ^^^ from (post#499) listed six different organisations.

So what you are saying is you have no idea who these various poll org actually are.

Um.. no. I listed them.

If you don't know who these various org are, then how do you know for that matter that they aren't just made up in the first place or they aren't funded by someone with an underlining agenda in mind.

I do know who they are. I listed them.
The list included polls by Stanford University, Ohio State University, the University of Maryland, NBC News and the Wall Street Journal, Fairleigh****nson University of NJ, and the Kaiser Family Foundation. Are you suggesting these organisations are all either mythical or that they are, singly and en mass, either less reliable than FoxNews or that they all have it in for FoxNews for some undisclosed reason?

What I haven't seen is the actual various org themevles to do any type of background check on these org pollings. I mean anyone can throw up a line well various polls say this or that without any actual proof that these polls went out and polled people or even exist for that matter without doing a legit background check.

Gosh, I see you're not easily hoodwinked. By lying universities at least.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Nevertheless, if you don't like Fox, don't watch it.... we are still a free country, where about half will disagree with you.

That ^^^ isn't the issue. Disagreement is fine, it's the basis of debate.
A problem arises though when 'disagreement' or opposition are based on misinformation because then one must first overcome ignorance of the facts before you can even begin the debate.

Where 'the debate' is actually on electoral issues ie; an election, then an ignorant public is dangerous.
For an extreme example of a population ignorant of the facts, and an insight into where propagandising by the press leads, check this out -
http://www.korea-dpr.com/
 matchlight
Msg: 448
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2011 6:57:47 PM

It's easy for you to talk smack form YOUR keyboard as well.

First off, I wasn't talking to you. What you're claiming isn't true, but that's standard procedure for leftists. That's EXACTLY what that person meant, and you know it as well as he does.

I take it by "smack" you mean arguments you can't refute. I have always tried very hard here to stick to the argument, and not to question the motives of people I disagree with. Let alone call anyone a liar. That's the sure sign of a loser, like a club fighter who's always clinching, punching below the belt, and using the thumb in the eye because his opponent's beating the holy snot out of him.

since you can't seem to understand plain English

I understand it well enough to know when someone's calling me a liar. I also understand that you stuck your nose in to call me a liar--again--for saying so. I know some very plain English too, but I save that for saying to someone's face when I want him to try to do something about it.

I don't want to use it here, both because it's not my style, and because I don't want to give one of you tattletales an excuse to get me booted. You and your ilk, on the other hand, use curses and obscenities all the time on here, which I'm sure is against the rules.

And yes, given the fact that so many voters choose to infect their brains with lies, and are too damn lazy to think for themselves

That's just what I think of leftist drones. But they never seem to be too lazy to try to shut up people they don't agree with. It's the brownshirt streak in them.

instead of just making shit up to feed their political views.

I wasn't going to bring the New York Times into this, but . . .

We already have laws about truth in advertising.

Give me a break. The only thing false advertising has to do with regulating the political content of news broadcasts is that they both involve the First Amendment.

it would behoove us to do SOMETHING to make sure that media that claims its a NEWS channel actually presents y'know, NEWS

You don't say. And just what would you suggest that "something" should be? Who gets to decide what's true and what isn't? I assume you wouldn't have them deciding this about the Daily Kos or Media Matters or MSNBC, or most of the big city newspapers, or Mother Jones, because every utterance they make is self-evidently THE TRUTH.

I wonder if most of the people who are calling for this kind of stuff realize how outrageously it ignores the freedoms of the press and of speech. You are very far out of bounds. That's why I talk about antidemocratic, brownshirt tendencies. Leftists want to shout down or shut up anyone whose views they don't like--or call them a damned liar.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 449
Posted: 12/15/2011 7:09:00 PM
...That's why I talk about antidemocratic, brownshirt tendencies. Leftists want to shout down or shut up anyone whose views they don't like--or call them a damned liar...

So what do you call the people on Fox news that shout down or shut up anyone whose views they don't like--or call them a damned liar?
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 450
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2011 7:22:08 PM
So we can assume that you disregarded the ~10 pages of Fox lies on FactCheck

And yet you can't come up with a link. Thanks for that fail. Again where did i say fox news is perfect? You are sitting there trying to bait something that wasn't there to begin with.

lyingcheat lol ok two can play this game.

http://rightwingnews.com/democrats/shocking-soros-funded-university-poll-says-fox-news-viewers-most-misinformed-politically/

There is all of your so called links. Oops.

Yes you did and guess who is behind them according to the link above Soros.

The polls were funded by Soros. That explains it all.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Is Fox News Evil or Stupid? [CLOSED for further review]