Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Is Fox News Evil or Stupid? [CLOSED for further review]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Is Fox News Evil or Stupid?Page 5 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
Still voting evil here as well..Fox News.."because you can't handle the truth".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/28/fox-friends-lies-about-ch_n_775673.html

views1,060Get Chicago Alerts
Email Comments 1,037 FOX News continues stoking the fires of incendiary campaign rhetoric, this time asserting verifiable falsehoods about absentee ballots in Chicago.

On a "Fox & Friends" segment Thursday morning, host Steve Doocy asked if "inmates [were] taking priority over American soldiers," while the banner below him screamed, "INMATES VOTE, TROOPS DON'T."

Doocy claimed out that ballots were "hand-delivered" to inmates at the Cook County Jail, while absentee ballots weren't sent on time to American soldiers serving abroad.

Rather than bringing on a Chicago reporter to discuss the facts of the case, or asking the Board of Elections for comment, the show interviewed Quinn Hillyer of the Washington Times, a paper whose name almost makes it sound non-partisan. "It's awful," Hillyer said. "What it comes down to is, felons vote, soldiers don't. At least that seems to be the attitude in Cook County, Illinois."

Watch the clip:

Trouble with Doocy's claims: they're all patently false.

Story continues below
AdvertisementIt is true, as he says leading off the segment, that 35 counties were, to some degree, late in send out absentee ballots to military personnel.

Cook County was not one of them. In fact, according to a press release from the Chicago Board of Election Commissioners, Cook County overseas ballots were sent out by September 3, more than two weeks ahead of the federal deadline.

In 24 of the 35 counties in question, fewer than 10 absentee ballots were requested. In the most egregious case, St. Clair County in the southwestern part of the state sent out 1,274 absentee ballots on October 4, roughly two weeks after the deadline. But all of Cook County's 7,163 overseas soldiers will indeed have the chance to vote, contrary to Hillyer's complaint.

What's more, the claim about ballots being hand-delivered to prisoners also turns out to be pretty suspect.

From the Election Board:

A ballot is delivered to a detainee only if we receive an absentee application from a valid registered voter who is not yet convicted -- under the standard of innocent until proven guilty. If the application is from someone who is convicted between the date they requested the ballot and election day, that sealed ballot, whether or not it's from a registered voter, is not allowed into the count. Through yesterday, there were 1,373 applications.
The Capitol Fax Blog sums it up: "Inmates have to request the ballots. Only those who aren't convicted are sent ballots. And soldiers received their ballots ahead of schedule. Other than that, the show was quite accurate. Except, there was no other than that."
 wisguyingb
Msg: 102
Is Fox News Evil or Stupid?
Posted: 10/29/2010 4:17:36 PM
The left leaning people might think that Fox is evil and that's fair enough. But have any of you watched some of the programs on MSNBC? Their shows are just plain stupid and their ratings reflect this.
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/29/2010 4:39:06 PM

Their shows are just plain stupid and their ratings reflect this.

So what is worse?

Putting on a show that is dumb.

or

Intentionally making stuff up for the purpose of profit and or power.

That said, ratings mean nothing as it relates to the quality of the message.
 wisguyingb
Msg: 104
Posted: 10/29/2010 5:26:22 PM
Both give half truth's and yes (to the above poster) they both cater to their targeted audience.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2010 6:37:59 PM
Personally I'm mad how News has turned into a giant Editorial Show. This is even true of Headline news durring "standard news time" (which is working hours when no one can watch but the very old). But the influence of News opinon has infiltrated even the hard news segments. I was shocked when I saw this while Headline News was on in my office, with them asking for audeince opinion as well as giving there own freely. I work on a military base and the tv, and news is for our customers the U.S. Service Member. And being a busy person, when I want to find out what has happened and I'm not at my desk, from 1600 (4pm) until like 7 am I get these pundents on my t.v. I say to all of them right or left SHUT UP! I want to be presented with the events and facts and make up my own mind.

I'm reminded of a conversation I had at lunch today in the DFAC again the tv news was on for the Service Member. The story was about how a Judge found McDonlads liable for making a employee fat. The person that was sitting with me commented how ridiculous this was, and a sure sign of litigation run-amuck. When I explained to him that McDonlads encourages employees to take home the left-overs at the close of business, and I remember this from when my sister was employee of corporation. When presented with that piece of information his opinion on the situation changed. Should they been held liable I don't know for sure I don't have all the facts of the case. But I can say that it wasn't done out of spite of buisness, or some hidden adgena to my knowledge. But we are given just the a ball of dough of information from our news outlets and before we know it we're hooked left or right. As for me I perfer to dig a little deeper and then just the few second superfical information before I make a value judgement. And sometimes I can presuded to change my opinion when presented with the facts.

Can profit exist without power? No. Because Power is the ablity to influence others to your way of thinking.

Can power exist without profit? Yes. Because I can influence others without making any money doing so. Think of your charities.
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 106
Posted: 12/9/2010 10:33:25 AM

One more vote for Evil.

LEAKED EMAIL: Fox boss caught slanting news reporting
December 09, 2010 7:31 am ET by Ben Dimiero

At the height of the health care reform debate last fall, Bill Sammon, Fox News' controversial Washington managing editor, sent a memo directing his network's journalists not to use the phrase "public option."

Instead, Sammon wrote, Fox's reporters should use "government option" and similar phrases -- wording that a top Republican pollster had recommended in order to turn public opinion against the Democrats' reform efforts.

Journalists on the network's flagship news program, Special Report with Bret Baier, appear to have followed Sammon's directive in reporting on health care reform that evening.

Sources familiar with the situation in Fox's Washington bureau have told Media Matters that Sammon uses his position as managing editor to "slant" Fox's supposedly neutral news coverage to the right. Sammon's "government option" email is the clearest evidence yet that Sammon is aggressively pushing Fox's reporting to the right -- in this case by issuing written orders to his staff.

As far back as March 2009, Fox personalities had sporadically referred to the "government option."

Two months prior to Sammon's 2009 memo, Republican pollster Frank Luntz appeared on Sean Hannity's August 18 Fox News program. Luntz scolded Hannity for referring to the "public option" and encouraged Hannity to use "government option" instead.

Luntz argued that "if you call it a 'public option,' the American people are split," but that "if you call it the 'government option,' the public is overwhelmingly against it." Luntz explained that the program would be "sponsored by the government" and falsely claimed that it would also be "paid for by the government."

"You know what," Hannity replied, "it's a great point, and from now on, I'm going to call it the government option."

On October 26, 2009, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid announced the inclusion of a public insurance option that states could opt out of in the Senate's health care bill.

That night, Special Report used "public" and "government" interchangeably when describing the public option provision.

Anchor Bret Baier referred to "a so-called public option"; the "public option"; "government-provided insurance coverage"; "this government-run insurance option"; the "healthcare public option"; and "the government-run option, the public option." Correspondent Shannon Bream referred to "a government-run public option"; "a public option"; "a government-run option"; and "the public option."

The next morning, October 27, Sammon sent an email to the staffs of Special Report, Fox News Sunday, and FoxNews.com, as well as to other reporters and producers at the network. The subject line read: "friendly reminder: let's not slip back into calling it the 'public option.' "

Sammon instructed staff to refer on air to "government-run health insurance," the "government option," "the public option, which is the government-run plan," or -- when "necessary" -- "the so-called public option":

Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 8:23 AM
To: 054 -FNSunday; 169 -SPECIAL REPORT; 069 -Politics; 030 -Root (FoxNews.Com); 036 -FOX.WHU; 050 -Senior Producers; 051 -Producers
Subject: friendly reminder: let's not slip back into calling it the "public option"

1) Please use the term "government-run health insurance" or, when brevity is a concern, "government option," whenever possible.

2) When it is necessary to use the term "public option" (which is, after all, firmly ensconced in the nation's lexicon), use the qualifier "so-called," as in "the so-called public option."

3) Here's another way to phrase it: "The public option, which is the government-run plan."

4) When newsmakers and sources use the term "public option" in our stories, there's not a lot we can do about it, since quotes are of course sacrosanct.

Fox's senior vice president for news, Michael Clemente, soon replied. He thanked Sammon for his email and said that he preferred Fox staffers use Sammon's third phrasing: "The public option, which is the government-run plan."

To: Sammon, Bill; 054 -FNSunday; 169 -SPECIAL REPORT; 069 -Politics; 030 -Root (FoxNews.Com); 036 -FOX.WHU; 050 -Senior Producers; 051 -Producers
Sent: Tue Oct 27 0829 2009
Subject: RE: friendly reminder: let's not slip back into calling it the "public option"

Thank you Bill

#3 on your list is the preferred way to say it, write it, use it.

Michael Clemente

SVP-News

212.XXX.XXXX

Sammon's email appears to have had an impact. On the October 27 Special Report -- unlike on the previous night's broadcast -- Fox journalists made no references to the "public option" without using versions of the pre-approved qualifiers outlined in Sammon's and Clemente's emails.

Reporting on health care reform that night, Baier referenced the public option three times. In each instance, he referred to it as "government-run health insurance" or a "government-run health insurance option" -- precisely echoing the first wording choice laid out by Sammon.

On the same show, correspondent Jim Angle referred to "a government insurance plan, the so-called public option"; "a government insurance option"; and "a government insurance plan."

The wording of Sammon's email -- a "friendly reminder" not to "slip back into calling it the 'public option' " -- suggests that someone in the Fox News chain of command had previously issued similar instructions.

And indeed, the issue had surfaced before in Fox's newscasts.

On the September 3, 2009, Special Report -- three weeks after Luntz told Hannity to call it the "government option" -- Baier discussed the potential inclusion of a public option during the show's nightly commentary segment.

During the segment -- after Baier himself had referred to a "public option" -- NPR's Mara Liasson also referred several times to the "public option," prompting Baier to interrupt her to clarify that it is the "government-run option of health insurance."

As the conversation continued, The Washington Post's Charles Krauthammer and The Weekly Standard's Steve Hayes both used "public option." When Liasson mentioned a "triggered public option," Baier again interrupted, asking, "Should we say 'government option,' by the way?"

"Government option, OK," replied Liasson.

"Everybody gets it," Baier explained.

On-screen text during the segment also used "Government Option."

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201012090003
 arwen52
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2010 6:04:22 PM
I'm still voting for "evil" but they appeal to "stupid."
 hungry_joe
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2010 1:46:02 PM
You do understand that "Public Finance" is "Government Finance" or a government option? I took a whole economics course on Public Finance. We spent a long time on Social Security which is really OSDI. You see that those that want more government influence have been shading words too like using softer terms like Social Security vs. Old Age Survivors and Disablity Insurance, or Public Finace vs. Government Finance. So who is really shading the truth, and who is useing less discriptive languge?

My vote is that all news programs are biasised. Fox isn't evil, nor stupid. I may not agree with it but my disagreement mean that it is flawed or somehow corupt.
 Email Tom Now
Msg: 109
Posted: 12/13/2010 7:42:40 PM
i've noticed that there are perhaps more liberals on pof than conservatives and i know for 100% sure that the people running pof are ultra liberals so i'm not surprised that someone would come up with this insipid question and the answers that ensued.

i like fox and i dislike the others.

it's a preference and has nothing to do with evil or stupidity.

FrankNStein902
Msg: 110
Posted: 12/14/2010 11:31:58 AM

i've noticed that there are perhaps more liberals on pof than conservatives and i know for 100% sure that the people running pof are ultra liberals so i'm not surprised that someone would come up with this insipid question and the answers that ensued.

I think you are confusing people that stand up against B.S. as liberals, when in reality they have no political affiliation.

Although I would question as to how you came to the conclusions that POF is run by a bunch of ultra liberals?

i like fox and i dislike the others.

I would say that would be common for most fox news viewers.

it's a preference and has nothing to do with evil or stupidity.

The thread is not questioning your choice of what if any news channel to watch, but the actions of said news channel which no one can deny they have been both evil and stupid, unless of course you have provide evidence to the contrary with respect to any of the claims made in this thread.
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 111
Posted: 12/14/2010 12:00:02 PM
If you like or prefer to feel comfortable, or watch commentary you generally agree with, you're going to choose a slanted or biased news outlet. Liberals can watch MSNBC if they feel most comfortable with Olberman rants vs. Hannity or Scarborough rants.

Besides, no one actually thinks for themselves in this country, anyway. People just vote on party lines usually based on some speech or rant they heard a long time ago. That's why we've got two corrupt political parties in firm control with no check or balance from a third party to keep them in line.

Americans are sheep that flock to shepherds on the right or left, plain and simple.

Very few wonder on their own, and wolves are usually shot on sight to prevent any shaking of the current structure. Here in MN, we had a moron Independent govenor (Jessie "The Body" Ventura) but at least he knocked off the donkey and the elephant in convincing fashion, which was nice to see.

Republicans think Jesus is using America to destroy non-believers and brown people.
Democrats think the people of American should stop giving money to their personal interests and just give it to the government.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2010 1:12:23 AM
Still Evil AND stupid.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/11/fox-nation-readers-confuse-onion-article-real-news/
They can't even differentiate between reality and satire anymore. The comments are quite telling as to how far off the deep end some of these folks have gone.

The Fox News sister site re-posted a joke from the satirical website The Onion Friday about President Barack Obama sending a 75,000-word e-mail to the the entire nation. At no point does Fox Nation note that the story is a satire.

The Onion story joked that Obama had "reached the end of [his] rope" and sent out the "rambling" stream of consciousness e-mail that addressed everything from the war in Afghanistan to his live-in mother-in-law.

The story goes on to say that the fake Obama e-mail was 27 megabytes and 127 printed pages.

If Fox Nation knows the story is a joke, they aren't letting on, and many of the comments on the post treat the story as if it were actual news.

"It is really sad that in a time of crisis in this country with troops on foreign soil the economy lack of jobs and now N. Korea once again rattling their saber we have a President sitting in the White House that by what I read in the email is utterly losing it," Goofy1954 wrote. "We can not afford to have him in the White House at such a critical time."

"I must not be on his email list, I didn't get it," another commenter said. "Oh well, I didn't miss anything. He thought running the country was just giving speeches to throngs of people."

"If this story is correct, that he did send out this email, it is very concerning about his current state of mental health," Famnp worried. "I am surprised he would be allowed to send something like this out and if he is not functioning very well why there isn't some attention being paid to his current state."

"This should be enough to have him removed from office immediately......he is now the highest security risk to this nation," Obamababble observed.

"What you are seeing folks is the human unraveling and development of a self-delusional, irrational madman becoming unhinged. Can anyone say Hitler?" Mmttomb3 asked.

Janerogers wrote:

OK. Long, rambling tirade typed at 4 am. Judgement impaired as he didn't think twice before sending it. Didn't think of the consequences. Diagnosis: Bipolar Disorder. And we already know he has Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Omama is mentally unstable and should be removed from office at once. Can't wait to hear what Charles Krauthammer has to say about this psychotic episode.
Freedomfighter2 said he e-mailed The Onion to ask them to confirm the story.

Markejohn commented:

God Help Us . . . what person in their right mind would send a 75,000 word email.

The guy is losing it and we should all be SCARED . . . Obama is unstable and who knows what he might do
Some commenters have even reported knowing people who received the e-mail. "A friend of mine got the email because she was an Obama supporter," Bettybonnie said. She forwarded it to me. It was pitiful. My friend thinks he is losing it. I told her I knew this a long time ago."

But not all commenters are falling for the hoax.

Capstryker pointed out:

THIS ARTICLE IS NOT REAL!!

It is from The Onion. A comedic, satirical news website. Please don't take this one seriously. Fox Nation needs to either take this down or point out the fact that it is a joke.
The Onion's stories have been mistaken for real news before. Mediaite notes that a 3-year-old satirical news video about fake congressman John Haller was recently thought to be real.
 matchlight
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2010 1:31:34 AM
Besides, no one actually thinks for themselves in this country, anyway.

And just how do you know that, I wonder?

Americans are sheep that flock to shepherds on the right or left, plain and simple.

It seems to me you're painting with an awfully wide brush there. Sometimes it's not a good idea to assume everyone else is complacent and gullible.

Republicans think Jesus is using America to destroy non-believers and brown people.

That sounds like the kind of gobbledygook I remember hearing at 2 AM bull sessions in someone's dorm room, from some freshman who had just smoked a joint. Do you know what you're trying to say? If so, just state it coherently, in plain English, and let's see if you can back it up.

Most of the rest of what I see on this thread reads like everyone's desperately trying to show their leftist bona fides so their fellow true believers will accept them. Can't have anyone suspecting you deviate from the party line, now can we?
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 114
Posted: 12/15/2010 6:23:51 AM
^^^ Jeez, I'm just screwing around. The whole question of "bad" vs. "stupid" is pretty funny to me.

But really, why do people just vote on party lines?

Do you know what you're trying to say?

Yeah, that I'm screwed as a fiscally conservative person who could give a rip about gay marriage and other things the GOP has injected religion into in order to gain votes. So now, if I choose to support a republican because I like their stance on economics, for example, I'm also voting for some christian who thinks being gay is a choice and that abortion is morally wrong for EVERYONE to engage in.

So, what I'm trying to say, is that there's no place for people like me in American politics that actually stands a chance to take down the elephant or donkey.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2010 7:14:41 AM
This Fox deception is the 21st century version of Hearst' Yellow Journalism. No lie is too big to expound upon. Like Hearst, there are larger interests that manipulate Fox to manipulate their viewing public. And they are accomplished at consistently manipulating their viewership to believe the opposite of the truth. We have always been at war with Oceana...War is Peace.

http://www.newscorpse.com/ncWP/?p=3409

So the more you watch, the less you know. Or to be precise, the more you think you know that is actually false. This study corroborates a previous PIPA study that focused on the Iraq war with similar results. And there was an NBC/Wall Street Journal poll that demonstrated the break with reality on the part of Fox viewers with regard to health care. The body of evidence that Fox News is nothing but a propaganda machine dedicated to lies is growing by the day.

In eight of the nine questions below, Fox News placed first in the percentage of those who were misinformed (they placed second in the question on TARP). That’s a pretty high batting average for journalistic fraud. Here is a list of what Fox News viewers believe that just aint so:

■91% believe that the stimulus legislation lost jobs.
■72% believe that the health reform law will increase the deficit.
■72% believe that the economy is getting worse.
■60% believe that climate change is not occurring.
■49% believe that income taxes have gone up.
■63% believe that the stimulus legislation did not include any tax cuts.
■56% believe that Obama initiated the GM/Chrysler bailout.
■38% believe that most Republicans opposed TARP.
■63% believe that Obama was not born in the US (or that it is unclear).
The conclusion is inescapable. Fox News is deliberately misinforming their viewers and they are doing it for a reason. Every issue above is one in which the Republican Party had a vested interest. They benefited from the ignorance that Fox News helped to proliferate. The results were apparent in the election last month as voters based their decisions on demonstrably false information fed to them by Fox News.
 matchlight
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2010 11:52:35 AM

the actions of said news channel which no one can deny they have been both evil and stupid, unless of course you have provide evidence to the contrary

That fits right in with the presumption of this thread, that Fox News is either evil or stupid. And then anyone who doubts that bears the burden of proving it wrong.
That's not an attempt at reasonable discussion (which doesn't surprise me at all), but just a setup, like "When did you stop beating your wife?"

Concepts like the presumption of innocence and Occam's Razor are anathema to propagandists. They couldn't care less about irritating details like fairness, or reason, or truth. All those things are to be pushed aside, whenever they block the straight and narrow path to whatever greater good the true believer's fevered brain happens to have seized upon.
 SpecificTruths
Msg: 117
Posted: 12/15/2010 12:53:58 PM

They couldn't care less about irritating details like fairness, or reason, or truth.

No kidding. All you have to do is turn on the TV during election time and witness all kids of mud slinging. When some of that mud is later proved to be false, it too shall be slung in an exaggerated way.

This is what I was getting at with people being so gullible and just voting on party lines! People are suseptible to propaganda and don't necessarily look for or demand the truth in it all. That's why Fox News and MSNBC (which I'm sure people won't call "evil or stupid" because it's liberal) exist. They promote agendas without using common journalistic ethics.
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2010 12:31:16 AM
Fox is neither evil, nor stupid.

What they are, however, is exceptionally good at making a metric buttload of money.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2010 1:04:24 AM
Still evil...viewers still kept in the dark ages.
Again the staff is being ordered what to think and how to phrase issues..
http://mediamatters.org/blog/201012150004

On the December 8 edition of Happening Now, one of Fox News' daytime straight news shows, Fox White House correspondent Wendell Goler delivered a live report from Copenhagen and was asked by host Jon Scott about "U.N. scientists issuing a new report today saying this decade is on track to be the warmest on record."

Goler accurately reported that, indeed, 2000-2009 was "expected to turn out to be the warmest decade on record," following a "trend that has scientists concerned because 2000-2009 [was] warmer than the 1990s, which were warmer than the 1980s." Goler went on to explain that "ironically 2009 was a cooler than average year in the U.S. and Canada," which, he said, was "politically troubling because Americans are among the most skeptical about global warming."

When Scott brought up the "Climategate" emails, Goler explained that although people had raised questions about the CRU data, "the data also comes from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and from NASA. And scientists say the data of course across all three sources is pretty consistent." Watch:

Less than 15 minutes after the segment, Sammon sent the following email to the staffs of Special Report, Fox News Sunday, and FoxNews.com, as well as to other reporters, producers, and network executives, instructing them to "IMMEDIATELY" include objections of "critics" when reporting on climate data:

To: 169 -SPECIAL REPORT; 036 -FOX.WHU; 054 -FNSunday; 030 -Root (FoxNews.Com); 050 -Senior Producers; 051 -Producers; 069 -Politics; 005 -Washington
Cc: Clemente, Michael; Stack, John; Wallace, Jay; Smith, Sean
Sent: Tue Dec 08 1251 2009
Subject: Given the controversy over the veracity of climate change data...

...we should refrain from asserting that the planet has warmed (or cooled) in any given period without IMMEDIATELY pointing out that such theories are based upon data that critics have called into question. It is not our place as journalists to assert such notions as facts, especially as this debate intensifies.

That night's Special Report with Bret Baier -- Fox's flagship news program -- featured another report by Goler on the Copenhagen conference. Anchor Bret Baier introduced the report by saying that as "'climategate-fueled skeptics continued to impugn global warming science, researchers today issued new and even more dire warnings about the possible effects of a warmer planet."

Goler's report featured a clip of Michel Jarraud of the World Meteorological Association explaining the recent finding that 2000-2009 "is likely to be the warmest on the record."

Appearing to echo Sammon's orders, Goler immediately followed this by saying that "skeptics say the recordkeeping began about the time a cold period was ending in the mid 1800s and what looks like an increase may just be part of a longer cycle."

algha
Msg: 120
Posted: 12/18/2010 2:43:39 PM
You have heard that black is the new green, or blue is the new white.

Well Islam is the new Communism! You need an enemy, and if there is not one, then create one, as the population has to support the war machine, the war policy, the economy is based on the war machine….stupid!

Terrorists are the new Reds under, in and around the Beds.

Its really a game for the big players, in which its just another power game, using religion is not new, just new ways to sell the same old bogey man.

Fox news is not Evil or Stupid, its necessary to communicate the correct messages, in fragments of an overall ideology, to the plebs. It has an agenda, and who pays the piper calls the tune. A free press is not the sort of thing needed at this time of financial corruption, and population submersion. Submersion in debt!

People are fed the modern equivalent of circuses, and why should they bite the hand that entertains them?

Through questioning authority, like wikileeks, you are actually setting yourselves up as being classed as terrorists, or at very least as potential terrorists. You might qualify one day for waterboarding, you are or could be through your words be seen by some as the enemy within.

The Orwellian reality is here now, please do not wake up, the war is ongoing, we are winning, the enemy is in retreat, and FOX news is ther to inform the masses about what is really going on, a necessary truthful information outlet. Agenda? What agenda? its you being screwed up, seeing things that are not there! Enjoy the News!
 Pilose_Wink
Msg: 121
Posted: 12/18/2010 3:02:19 PM
Evil prospers on stupidity and the more stupid you can make people, the more evil there is.

FOX isn’t stupid, the people who are engrossed by it are. FOX knows their audience as does any group who relies on masses for revenue.
 hungry_joe
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2010 5:30:26 PM
SpecificTruths you should go Libertarian, which is the biggest third party out there. You can look into them they're fiscally conservative, but on social issues defer to freedom. So on socical issues like drugs, abortion, prostution...its no one's business but your own. Down side is the big parties got the game rigged that it seems every 2 years that your pettioning to get your party on the ballot. NC you can be unaffilated and vote one of 3 ballots Dem, Rep, or Unaffilated.

I'm a Democrat. But a Conservative one. I got tired of the Republicans, if I'm going to deal with a corrupt official at least with the Democrats I know what I'm going to get. Though it is less then desired.

Oh Fox is okay. I think that all the cable news programs are silly. Go read a news paper. WSJ or NYT hopefully both so you have balance.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2010 5:53:23 PM
The biggest difference between Fox and historical media is that the documentation of methodical and institutiontalized Fox lies, and willful ignorance of their audiences is now documented. We did not have such documentation during the last yellow journalism period. We also did not have the ready documentation then of the conflicts of interest between William Randolf Heast, his business interests and parties, prejudices, and agenda that we have now with Fox and Corporate Friends. There is a vast divide between that ancient ignorance, and the chosen, preferred one, that infests the Fox crowd now. They know they are being fed a steady diet of palatable bullshiiite, love the taste of it, crave more, and think that it is a satifying and balanced, fair diet. That is a common thread between the Hearst puppets and Becks' but for the willingness of the ignorance in a vastly more informed world.
 7iron
Msg: 124
Posted: 12/22/2010 5:07:06 AM
How ironic is this? I just saw an advertisement for POF on the Fox News Channel. That's money well spent targeting the largest news audience every morning.
Merry Christmas everyone!
 Email Tom Now
Msg: 125
Posted: 12/22/2010 6:29:03 AM
of course POF is run by ultra liberals. to think overwise is stupid. PC runs rampent on here.

all i have to do to get kicked off of here is to quote authentic government statistics about a certain ethnic group and *bang* Email Tom Now is outta here under the guise of racial discrimination.

guess what: WE HAVE A MUSLIM AND A BLACK PROBLEM IN THIS COUNTRY.
what would Jesus do about it? i believe he'd institute racial profiling.

oh i went and said it. i may not be on here much longer as i will be banned from POF.

you liberals and ultra right wingers are bringing our country down with political correctness and entitlements. you want to take care of the whole world and do it by taxing the crap out of upper income wage earners so that others can freeload in return for votes.

I BELIEVE AND IT IS MY OPINION that most Americans feel that same way so they tune into Fox by the millions and laugh heartily at msnbc (messnbc) and cnn commentators, who are watched by hugely lesser numbers.

Liberals are the reason the Tea Party even exists. giving all the money away is the reason we are in a jam today.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL (even liberals)
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Is Fox News Evil or Stupid? [CLOSED for further review]