Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Is Fox News Evil or Stupid? [CLOSED for further review]      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 4rumninja
Msg: 151
Is Fox News Evil or Stupid?Page 7 of 26    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
The media coverage of what is happening is a great example of media bias on both sides...was watching Rachel Maddow the other night...two reporters were on a balcony "peaceful Protesters" were in the background on the street..as she was asking questions of the reporters the "peaceful protesters" attacked a man pulling him from his pick up truck slamming him on the street stomped and kicked him til he stopped moving completely..they then picked up his lifeless body and put it in the back of the truck...Rachel then posed the craziest question, as the protesters started pushing the truck by hand she asked the reporters if they thought the protesters were seeking help for their victim...and redirected the questions to the gunfire that could be heard in the background, trying to get the reporters to say that the gunfire was from pro government protesters even though the shooters were nowhere to be seen there was no way at all to determine who was shooting...they put people reporters on with hosts like Rachel then try to influence the way the reporters report the news...

In later coverage the truck can be seen in the background on fire....
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 152
Is Fox News Evil or Stupid?
Posted: 2/4/2011 11:33:59 AM
The media coverage of what is happening is a great example of media bias on both sides...was watching Rachel Maddow the other night...two reporters were on a balcony "peaceful Protesters" were in the background on the street..as she was asking questions of the reporters the "peaceful protesters" attacked a man pulling him from his pick up truck slamming him on the street stomped and kicked him til he stopped moving completely..they then picked up his lifeless body and put it in the back of the truck...Rachel then posed the craziest question, as the protesters started pushing the truck by hand she asked the reporters if they thought the protesters were seeking help for their victim...and redirected the questions to the gunfire that could be heard in the background, trying to get the reporters to say that the gunfire was from pro government protesters even though the shooters were nowhere to be seen there was no way at all to determine who was shooting...they put people reporters on with hosts like Rachel then try to influence the way the reporters report the news...

In later coverage the truck can be seen in the background on fire....

So not jumping to conclusions is a fault? Not attempting to insight riotous behavior why exclaiming, 'OMG! Look at that! Look at that! Unbelievable! They've thrown that body in the back of a truck. OMG! Everyone ~ LOOK AT THAT!!!!" etc., etc., is what she should have done? Come on.

~OT~ I'm not of any political party affiliation, nor are my views consistently liberal or centrist. I'd currently consider myself a member of the "FEDUP Party" (not to be confused with the Tea Party people's version of "fedup" !!) as in? I think most everything today in politics is a bunch of crap BS and I'm tired of the lies/mistruths from all sides. Likewise? I trust US media for two things: the date and time. Other than that? I read news sources from worldwide sources, then I compare the four sources I prefer to US sources. I take from the 5, that which makes some sort of logical sense to me and discard any and all other conspiracy theory/finger pointing type slants and go from there. At this stage, re: US news sources? I'm going with the opinion that: No news is good news ~ from them. JMO
 arwen52
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2011 8:58:07 PM
I'm *still* voting for evil.

However, this is a demonstration of the bottomless stupidity of one of Fox News' main guys, Bill O'Reilly. I just posted a thread about this, I was so stunned by it. Am I in violation of anything by repeating it here? Bill O'Reilly apparently doesn't know how the tides work, something my unsophisticated barge worker uncle explained to me when I was eight years old. So, O'Reilly is stupid - stupid beyond measure. But Fox is evil for continuing to give him a platform, for letting him perpetrate his stupidity to millions of people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vU1uN8QwCE

Fox News senior vice president for news Michael Clemente has responded to the study* which found that his network's viewers are more misinformed about American political issues than any other channel. In a statement to the New York Times' Brian Stelter, Clemente disparaged the University of Maryland, where the study was done.

After the invasion of Iraq, the Pew Research group did a study and found that 70% of people who got their news primarily from Fox 1) believed that weapons of mass destruction had been found in Iraq and 2) that Saddam Hussein had masterminded the 9/11 attacks. Both are not true. Meanwhile, 70% of people who got their news primarily form NPR &/or PBS knew that those statements were not true.

Fox is evil; their viewers are stupid.
 arwen52
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2011 9:41:06 PM
Here's a little YouTube video documenting Fox News reporting false information about the cost of Obama's trip to India, now thoroughly debunked, and Bill O'Reilly trying to make excuses for Fox, denying, in spite of plenty of evidence to the contrary, that Fox was guilty of spreading this and other misinformation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn7_8QL2weQ&feature=relmfu
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 155
Posted: 2/13/2011 6:31:40 AM
FOX NEWS INSIDER: “Stuff Is Just Made Up”
February 10, 2011 7:20 am ET by Eric Boehlert

Asked what most viewers and observers of Fox News would be surprised to learn about the controversial cable channel, a former insider from the world of Rupert Murdoch was quick with a response: “I don’t think people would believe it’s as concocted as it is; that stuff is just made up.”

Indeed, a former Fox News employee who recently agreed to talk with Media Matters confirmed what critics have been saying for years about Murdoch’s cable channel. Namely, that Fox News is run as a purely partisan operation, virtually every news story is actively spun by the staff, its primary goal is to prop up Republicans and knock down Democrats, and that staffers at Fox News routinely operate without the slightest regard for fairness or fact checking.

“It is their M.O. to undermine the administration and to undermine Democrats,” says the source. “They’re a propaganda outfit but they call themselves news.”

And that’s the word from inside Fox News.

Note the story here isn’t that Fox News leans right. Everyone knows the channel pushes a conservative-friendly version of the news. Everyone who’s been paying attention has known that since the channel’s inception more than a decade ago. The real story, and the real danger posed by the cable outlet, is that over time Fox News stopped simply leaning to the right and instead became an open and active political player, sort of one-part character assassin and one-part propagandist, depending on which party was in power. And that the operation thrives on fabrications and falsehoods.

“They say one thing and do another. They insist on maintaining this charade, this façade, that they’re balanced or that they’re not right-wing extreme propagandist,” says the source. But it’s all a well-orchestrated lie, according this former insider. It’s a lie that permeates the entire Fox News culture and one that staffers and producers have to learn quickly in order to survive professionally.

“You have to work there for a while to understand the nods and the winks,” says the source. “And God help you if you don’t because sooner or later you’re going to get burned.”

The source explains:

“Like any news channel there’s lot of room for non-news content. The content that wasn’t ‘news,’ they didn’t care what we did with as long as it was amusing or quirky or entertaining; as along as it brought in eyeballs. But anything—anything--that was a news story you had to understand what the spin should be on it. If it was a big enough story it was explained to you in the morning [editorial] meeting. If it wasn’t explained, it was up to you to know the conservative take on it. There’s a conservative take on every story no matter what it is. So you either get told what it is or you better intuitively know what it is.”

What if Fox News staffers aren’t instinctively conservative or don’t have an intuitive feeling for what the spin on a story should be? “My internal compass was to think like an intolerant meathead,” the source explains. “You could never error on the side of not being intolerant enough.”

The source recalls how Fox News changed over time:

“When I first got there back in the day, and I don’t know how they indoctrinate people now, but back in the day when they were “training” you, as it were, they would say, ‘Here’s how we’re different.’ They’d say if there is an execution of a condemned man at midnight and there are all the live truck outside the prison and all the lives shots. CNN would go, ‘Yes, tonight John Jackson, 25 of Mississippi, is going to die by lethal injection for the murder of two girls.’ MSNBC would say the same thing.

“We would come out and say, ‘Tonight, John Jackson who kidnapped an innocent two year old, raped her, sawed her head off and threw it in the school yard, is going to get the punishment that a jury of his peers thought he should get.’ And they say that’s the way we do it here. And you’re going , alright, it’s a bit of an extreme example but it’s something to think about. It’s not unreasonable.

"When you first get in they tell you we’re a bit of a counterpart to the screaming left wing lib media. So automatically you have to buy into the idea that the other media is howling left-wing. Don’t even start arguing that or you won’t even last your first day.

“For the first few years it was let’s take the conservative take on things. And then after a few years it evolved into, well it’s not just the conservative take on things, we’re going to take the Republican take on things which is not necessarily in lock step with the conservative point of view.

“And then two, three, five years into that it was, we’re taking the Bush line on things, which was different than the GOP. We were a Stalin-esque mouthpiece. It was just what Bush says goes on our channel. And by that point it was just totally dangerous. Hopefully most people understand how dangerous it is for a media outfit to be a straight, unfiltered mouthpiece for an unchecked president.”

It’s worth noting that Fox News employees, either current or former, rarely speak to the press, even anonymously. And it’s even rarer for Fox News sources to bad mouth Murdoch’s channel. That’s partly because of strict non-disclosure agreements that most exiting employees sign and which forbid them from discussing their former employer. But it also stems from a pervasive us-vs.-them attitude that permeates Fox News. It’s a siege mentality that network boss Roger Ailes encourages, and one that colors the coverage his team produces.

“It was a kick ass mentality too,” says the former Fox News insider. “It was relentless and it never went away. If one controversy faded, goddamn it they would find another one. They were in search of these points of friction real or imagined. And most of them were imagined or fabricated. You always have to seem to be under siege. You always have to seem like your values are under attack. The brain trust just knew instinctively which stories to do, like the War on Christmas.”

According to the insider, Ailes is obsessed with presenting a unified Fox News front to the outside world; an obsession that may explain Ailes’ refusal to publically criticize or even critique his own team regardless of how outlandish their on-air behavior. “There may be internal squabbles. But what [Ailes] continually preaches is never piss outside the tent,” says the source. “When he gets really crazy is when stuff leaks out the door. He goes mental on that. He can’t stand that. He says in a dynamic enterprise like a network newsroom there’s going to be in fighting and ego, but he says keep it in the house.”

It’s clear that Fox News has become a misleading, partisan outlet. But here’s what the source stresses: Fox News is designed to mislead its viewers and designed to engage in a purely political enterprise.

In 2010, all sorts of evidence tumbled out to confirm that fact, like the recently leaked emails from inside Fox News, in which a top editor instructed his newsroom staffers (not just the opinion show hosts) to slant the news when reporting on key stories such as climate change and health care reform.

Meanwhile, Media Matters revealed that during the 2009-2010 election cycle, dozens of Fox News personalities endorsed, raised money, or campaigned for Republican candidates or organizations in more than 600 instances. And in terms of free TV airtime that Fox News handed over to GOP hopefuls, Media Matters calculated the channel essentially donated $55 million worth of airtime to Republican presidential hopefuls last year who also collect Fox News paychecks.

And of course, that’s when Murdoch wasn’t writing $1 million checks in the hopes of electing more Republican politicians.

So, Fox News as a legitimate news outlet? The source laughs at the suggestion, and thinks much of the public, along with the Beltway press corps, has been duped by Murdoch’s marketing campaign over the years. “People assume you need a license to call yourself a news channel. You don’t. So because they call themselves Fox News, people probably give them a pass on a lot of things,” says the source.

The source continues: “I don’t think people understand that it’s an organization that’s built and functions by intimidation and bullying, and its goal is to prop up and support Republicans and the GOP and to knock down Democrats. People tend think that stuff that’s on TV is real, especially under the guise of news. You’d think that people would wise up, but they don’t.”

As for the press, the former Fox News employee gives reporters and pundits low grades for refusing, over the years, to call out Fox News for being the propaganda outlet that it so clearly is. The source suggests there are a variety of reasons for the newsroom timidity.

“They don’t have enough staff or enough balls or don’t have enough money or don’t have enough interest to spend the time it takes to expose Fox News. Or it’s not worth the trouble. If you take on Fox, they’ll kick you in the ass,” says the source. “I’m sure most [journalists] know that. It’s not worth being Swift Boated for your effort,” a reference to how Fox News traditionally attacks journalists who write, or are perceived to have written, anything negative things about the channel.

The former insider admits to being perplexed in late 2009 when the Obama White House called out Murdoch’s operation as not being a legitimate new source, only to have major Beltway media players rush to the aid of Fox News and admonish the White House for daring to criticize the cable channel.

“That blew me away,” says the source, who stresses the White House’s critique of Fox News “happens to be true.”

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201102100007?itsnotnews
 4rumninja
Msg: 156
Posted: 2/14/2011 5:13:30 AM
I see...we are supposed to take the word of an anonymous source as some sort of verification of Fox's agenda? Seriously, who is it , why are they no longer with Fox, are they disgruntled etc..Do they really exist? Can't really put much weight into the alleged statements made by an alleged insider. And isn't Ironic that this alleged insider chose to share this information with a progressive organization specifically geared towards disparaging conservatives?
 abelian
Msg: 157
Posted: 2/14/2011 6:44:08 AM

I think it's only fair that there be a news channel for conservatives.

Even if all news is biased, that doesn't excuse reporting things which are factually inaccurate.
 4rumninja
Msg: 158
Posted: 2/14/2011 9:51:39 AM
The problem with the above statement is that "Factually " is subject to interpretation...For example most of the main stream media reported the uprising in Egypt as being perpetrated by peaceful participants...I guess they define peaceful as unarmed with modern weapons..they were throwing rocks and Bricks at each other, pulling people from vehicles and beating them to death ...many people died, how did anyone die if this was a "Peaceful" protest?
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 159
Posted: 2/14/2011 10:13:13 AM
The problem with the above statement is that "Factually " is subject to interpretation...

No facts are facts and fox likes to ignore them and distort them and the proof is contained in the pages of this thread.

For example most of the main stream media reported the uprising in Egypt as being perpetrated by peaceful participants.

No they said for the most part that the protests where perpetrated by peaceful participants unless you can show where the main stream media blatantly lied about what was happening I will assume you are getting your information from fox.

...and Fox news was so fair an balanced that they would not have thought about using this as a platform to tell their viewers that Muslims Will Takeover the World and Launch Jihad ad blame the current administration for what was happening.

More proof that they are nether fair nor balanced and also proves that they have no idea where Egypt even is on a map.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/fox-news-cant-find-egypt-on-a-map/

4rumninja
Msg: 160
Posted: 2/14/2011 10:46:08 AM
Seriously, they said "For the most part"? ....that's too funny, I was just making a point about the interpretation of alleged "Facts"...

Funny how anyone that doesn't agree with the Liberal perspective is labeled a fan of Fox...

How would I know what was being said by Main stream news outlets if I didn't read or watch them?

There are no News outlets within the US that report US news without some bias...If you want a better picture of what happens in our Country read papers from around the world....
 arwen52
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2011 2:58:55 PM
More proof that they [Fox] are nether fair nor balanced and also proves that they have no idea where Egypt even is on a map.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/fox-news-cant-find-egypt-on-a-map/

Is that for real? Are you sure that isn't PhotoShopped? Gosh, it's hard to believe they would report on the Middle East and not check that their maps are right. But they don't check facts on other stories, either, so why should this be surprising?

FOX NEWS INSIDER: “Stuff Is Just Made Up”
February 10, 2011 7:20 am ET by Eric Boehlert

Asked what most viewers and observers of Fox News would be surprised to learn about the controversial cable channel, a former insider from the world of Rupert Murdoch was quick with a response: “I don’t think people would believe it’s as concocted as it is; that stuff is just made up.”

Much as I dislike Fox, I thought that was a pretty lame story. I think there are much better, very specific examples. A lengthy interview with an anonymous insider who says they make things up . . . well, duh. Tell us something we don't know. Give specific examples that demonstrate it, give us details that we don't already know. Like, in the documentary "OutFoxed" they showed memos that got passed through the organization, telling them what the talking points were going to be for the month, etc. They had detailed evidence that one could not get just from watching them.

Doesn't matter what your point of view is. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, facts are facts. You are not entitled to be making up your own facts. Fox is so sloppy with their reporting that one cannot attribute it to stupidity. It is clearly intentional and meant to mislead people.

“I don’t think people understand that it’s an organization that’s built and functions by intimidation and bullying, and its goal is to prop up and support Republicans and the GOP and to knock down Democrats.

Anyone who doesn't understand that just isn't very bright. Either they are not paying attention or they are too stupid to notice. That's why I say - Fox is evil, their viewers are stupid.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 162
Posted: 2/14/2011 4:42:16 PM
I have nothing good to say about Rupert Murdoch's private commie Network of Fox's News.

Comrade Murdoch runs the same network in China.
Which routinely says good things about their Commie Masters.
And bad things about us Americans.

The American branch of his communist Media empire never bad mouths China,
but instead praises all the folks who send jobs over there.
In their parlance it's called Free Enterprise.
Which is no more free here than in Beijing.

for instance, They are too smooth to trash hard working teachers.
So instead they go on about the Teacher's union.
Same deal with firemen or any other govt employee.
(evil union members all)

Govt spending on citizens is bad.
Spending on banks and the rich is good.
Flat tax anyone?

Anyone who watches Fox News is a tool and a fool to Chinese Communism.
Might as well be reading Mao's lil red book.

I find it odd that Rich Fox folks(all of their commie opinionators are millionaires)
praise sending jobs to china(and the tax breaks that those companies enjoy).
but anyone trying to create jobs here is a socialist.

The above is a gross over the top simplification.
But I'm typing it the Fox News way.
which is to take a slim fact and twist it into something else.
heheh

however Fox News is the preferred news of The Commies in Beijing.
and foreign owned.
That part is true.
 jed456
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2011 11:08:23 AM
Is fox news evil?.....I would not use the term evil I would say a right wing propaganda news service.

Stupid?....Crafty is more like it like any corporation it is a money making machine.

What gets me is their "fair and balanced" b.s.
 4rumninja
Msg: 164
Posted: 2/17/2011 11:18:32 AM
I think its great to see so many critics of Fox news on here, means a lot of you are watching, right?
There are no "News" organizations in America that are without any Bias or agenda...
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2011 12:25:12 PM
It's evil when your paid pundits incite violence against fellow citizens and others. There is no other media outlet that comes close to comparing to the bias or Republican agenda of FOX. This is what seperates Fox from the rest of the media. Frances Fox Piven, is just another in a long list of people victimized by Fox Nation hate troops.

One need not watch FOX to know what they are doing. There are plenty of watchdogs, film clips, articles, surveys, and other pieces of evidence in other MSM outlets to see their evil, understand their stupid followers, and be disgusted that an assassination machine like this could still exist.
 NotGorshkovAgain
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2011 4:17:51 PM
It's evil when your paid pundits incite violence against fellow citizens and others. There is no other media outlet that comes close to comparing to the bias or Republican agenda of FOX. This is what seperates Fox from the rest of the media. Frances Fox Piven, is just another in a long list of people victimized by Fox Nation hate troops.

One need not watch FOX to know what they are doing. There are plenty of watchdogs, film clips, articles, surveys, and other pieces of evidence in other MSM outlets to see their evil, understand their stupid followers, and be disgusted that an assassination machine like this could still exist.

"assassination machine"? Wow. Just wow.

To me, the only difference between fox and some of the posters on here is the wing of the political spectrum they call home. Strident is strident; zealotry is zealotry. And it's dangerous, disingenuous, and hypocritical for one extreme to call the other extreme "extreme", evil, and worthy of fear.

It is not belief that is dangerous - it is extreme, uncompromising belief that is the root of evil.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2011 5:12:20 PM
When a man walks into a Unitarian Univerersalist Church, during a childrens' play, pulls out a shotgun, and proceeds to kills as many liberals as possible because he "doesn't have access to congress", professes to be a fan of Fox newz and other far right operativies, and is shameless in his assassinations of innocent people, it is both belief, and the false "truth" promoted by hate monger networks controlled by Murdoch and the Kock Brothers, that is ultimately responsible for creating such an insanity, in the public, in their viewers and spewers, that has to be held accountable.

I know many people from that circle/congregation and local communities, that are forever changed when Savage, O'Reilley and Hannity infected this brain. The Adkissen event is merely one of many and growing from the Fox Virus. You can also see it on the Islamification of London threat, Islamophobia threads, etc. Fox pushes people to violence far, far, more, and more readily quantified, as any perceived, and reputed, liberal, external or global network, al Jazeera included. There is nothing like Fox in the MSM in doing real damage to real people, real politics, and real solutions.
Show us something worse with equal viewership/skewership.
 4rumninja
Msg: 168
Posted: 2/17/2011 5:20:54 PM

One need not watch FOX to know what they are doing. There are plenty of watchdogs, film clips, articles, surveys, and other pieces of evidence in other MSM outlets to see their evil,
Seriously so many of you blasting Fox don't even watch Fox..you just listen to the talking points from the Liberal outlets about Fox.You have lost any credibility you may have had.
 abelian
Msg: 169
Posted: 2/17/2011 6:28:45 PM

Seriously so many of you blasting Fox don't even watch Fox..you just listen to the talking points from the Liberal outlets about Fox.You have lost any credibility you may have had.

To be quite honest, I'd be worried if I had any credibility with someone who took fox news seriously. So thanks!
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 170
Posted: 2/17/2011 6:38:16 PM

...There are no "News" organizations in America that are without any Bias or agenda...

So then prove it.

Lets see your examples of the bias in the other networks.

This thread is full of clips from Fox where they have blatantly lied, interestingly enough you have ignored them so here is a link to another one:

Fox news will edit pictures of people to make them look worse:
http://mediamatters.org/research/200807020002

Fox news will edit sound clips of speeches and other events:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84er11W9rU4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xobA2MoDzDY

Here is a case of a Fox news host lying on air.

The Daily Show Ridicules Megyn Kelly's Claim That Fox News Figures Don't Make Nazi References
January 25, 2011 5:51 am ET by Media Matters staff

On the January 24 edition of Comedy Central's The Daily Show, host Jon Stewart ridiculed America Live host Megyn Kelly's claim that she "watch[es]" Fox News "every day" and hadn't noticed Fox News figures comparing their political and ideological opponents to Nazis or used Nazi references to smear them. From the Daily Show:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201101250003

This is irrefutable proof that they have lied and there are 100's more.

Anyone that says all news organizations are the same and they all are like Fox proves that the really do not know anything other than what they are told to know by Fox.

So please show me where any other news organization has puled with kind of crap.
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2011 1:44:31 AM

I have watched Fox in the past, until they became the fulltime Conservative Extremist Network. Even after trying to go on a diet of sanity, Fox is pervasive in waiting rooms around the country and it's hard to escape being a captive audience sometimes. It's also like rubbernecking at a car wreak. Morbid curiosity gets the best of us on occassion.

Fox Noise is like farm animal manure management. I have shoveled enough animal waste in my past to know the nature of that waste, the smells, the consistency, and the discomfort when it splatters in your face. I no longer have to shovel sh*t, but get a whiff of it often enough to know that the nature of manure has not changed. At least farm animal waste has some redeaming quality when appropriately applied to crop lands. Things grow from animal waste. Things and people die from FOX excrement.
 4rumninja
Msg: 172
Posted: 2/18/2011 4:58:14 AM
A great example of how the allegedly non biased news outlets report news dishonestly is the coverage of what is happening in Wisconsin. Most of the media are reporting that it is an assault on public employees and their rights. Grouping all of them together purposefully including Police and Firefighters, Police and Firefighters are EXCLUDED from the proposed legislation. It is easy to find this information so most outlets have chosen to ignore this on purpose to fear monger to make people feel that their personal safety may be effected by this legislation.

They are all reporting this as an assault on the "Rights" of public employees.
"The National Labor Relations Act does not include public employees on the state and local level."
This information is also easy to find.They do not have the "Rights" that are being touted on pretty much every main stream news channel.

If one does research one is able to find dishonest reporting(agenda oriented) reporting by most outlets.
 4rumninja
Msg: 173
Posted: 2/18/2011 5:34:41 AM
Another point is how the media is reporting the actions of the Democrats, making it seem as if the Democrats are doing something that is some way Heroic by leaving the state to avoid a vote. If it were the Republicans employing the same strategy all we would here about is Obstructionism....
There is Bias exhibited everywhere by every news outlet...

Another great example is the lack of any real coverage by main stream media of the increase in Gas prices over the last two years....Causes etc.....Remember how Bush was bashed last time prices got over $3.00 per gallon?

Choosing not to report news is just as despicable as reporting with Bias...
 Earthpuppy
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2011 6:08:20 AM
The MSM has yet to fully cover the Koch Brothers involvement in Walker's election, that Walker artifically created this "fiscal crisis", that the Unions had made concessions nonetheless, and that this is part of the Koch Brothers larger plan, with Wisconsin as the poster child for their agenda of further concentrating wealth upward and destroying the middle class.

Seen through the Fox lens, this is a fight against "bullying unions" when in fact, the Unions are being bullied, workers rights, insurance, health, and gains of the past 50 years being held hostage by an aggressive, oppressive GOP.

Rum...WI workers rights are currently protected under MERA and SELRA. Walker's Union busting work would among other things..
Monday, February 14th, 2011The Anti-Worker Party
Wisconsin's War on Unions: Coming Soon to a Town Near You
by Abe Sauer on February 14th, 2011
One doesn't need to go to the Middle East or Northern Africa to find a people-versus-government showdown. At this very moment in Wisconsin, one of the most important labor battles in decades is already going down at the state capital in Madison.

On one side is Tea Party Republican Governor Scott Walker and a GOP legislature hell-bent on making Wisconsin "open for business." On the other side are the state's labor unions, which Walker's latest budget aims to fully field dress, gut and strap down to the hood of his car, tongue hanging out and all. Across the state, Wisconsinites are organizing for protests and vigils, including, of course, the Purple People Eaters. Walker has—no shit—said that he will call in the National Guard if necessary. Here's a fast look at line items from Walker's just-released budget that, if successful, may soon find themselves in a legislature near you.
Walker's special session bill begins: "Under current law, municipal employees have the right to collectively bargain over wages, hours, and conditions of employment under the Municipal Employment Relations Act (MERA), and state employees have the right to collectively bargain over wages, hours, and conditions of employment under the State Employment Labor Relations Act (SELRA). This bill changes MERA and SELRA with respect to all employees…"

It continues, "This bill limits the right to collectively bargain for all employees who are not public safety employees…"

The highlights:

COLLECTIVE BARGAINING. Make various changes to limit collective bargaining for most public employees to wages. Total wage increases could not exceed a cap based on the CPI unless approved by referendum. Contracts would be limited to one year and wages would be frozen until a new contract is settled. Collective bargaining units are required to take annual votes to maintain certification as a union. Employers would be prohibited from collecting union dues and members of collective bargaining units would not be required to pay dues. Changes effective upon expiration of existing contracts. Law enforcement, fire employees and state troopers and inspectors would be exempt from the changes.

STATE EMPLOYEE ABSENCES AND OTHER WORK ACTIONS. Authorizes appointing agencies to terminate any employees that are absent for three days without approval of the employer or any employees participating in an organized action to stop or slow work if the governor has declared a state of emergency.

QUALITY HEALTH CARE AUTHORITY. Repeals the authority of home health care workers under the Medicaid program to collectively bargain.

CHILD CARE LABOR RELATIONS. Repeals the authority of family child care workers to collectively bargain with the state.

UW HOSPITALS AND CLINICS BOARD AND AUTHORITY. Repeals collective bargaining for UWHC employees. State positions currently employed by the UWHC are eliminated and incumbents are transferred to the UWHC Authority.

UW FACULTY AND ACADEMIC STAFF. Repeals authority of UW faculty and academic staff to collectively bargain.

Authorizes DOA to sell state heating plants, with the net proceeds deposited in the budget stabilization fund.

PENSION CONTRIBUTIONS. Require that employees of WRS employers and the City and County of Milwaukee contribute 50% of the annual pension payment. The payment amount for WRS employees is estimated to be 5.8% of salary in 2011.

HEALTH INSURANCE CONTRIBUTIONS. Requires state employees to pay at least 12.6% of the average cost of annual premiums.

The Dems are courageous in opposing this hostile takeover of workers' rights. Would you just roll over Rumninja, if your boss suddenly changed all the rules, took a giant chunk out of your wallet, told ya to shut it and take it in the... and did so merely because he felt like he needed a bigger boat?
 FrankNStein902
Msg: 175
Posted: 2/18/2011 6:28:41 AM
Another point is how the media is reporting the actions of the Democrats, making it seem as if the Democrats are doing something that is some way Heroic by leaving the state to avoid a vote. If it were the Republicans employing the same strategy all we would here about is Obstructionism....
There is Bias exhibited everywhere by every news outlet...

Another great example is the lack of any real coverage by main stream media of the increase in Gas prices over the last two years....Causes etc.....Remember how Bush was bashed last time prices got over $3.00 per gallon?

Congratulations on your epic failure to prove anything other than your own personal bias and lack of debating skills.

Where are your examples where these news organizations have presented false information, changed facts and or pictures etc...?
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Is Fox News Evil or Stupid? [CLOSED for further review]