Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 moraima
Msg: 15
view profile
History
He gave me some good news ...Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I am thankful that I don't let anyone bring their drama garbage into my life.

So glad to be boring enough that I would'n't let this person park on my couch in the first place.

I so don't need the good news of people like this.
 Walts
Msg: 18
He gave me some good news ...
Posted: 8/31/2010 6:20:11 PM
To the OP,,,,since you are the one hangin with this so-called "man" only you can understand why you are continually doing so. I, personally wouldn't be going around advertising the "weirdness" of YOUR relationship with him,,,,,especially on a dating site. Just sayin,,,tryin to help ya for future reference is all.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/31/2010 7:51:22 PM
Exit point was when he told you he was still in love with her. After that, it's all you. If you don't have all the time in the world, when he tells you that you're friends, with benefits, is a very good time for the rubber to hit the road. If you DO have all the time you want/need, hang in there. This guy makes terrific gossip.

WomanInProgress
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/1/2010 1:36:29 PM
In response to the OP: I'd respond with "oh...cool. Well I want to make sure you're free and clear to pursue her, so I'll break this off for you."

And then I'd have left him and stopped calling.
 moraima
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2010 2:40:08 PM
I have a no person gets to hang out on my couch boundry. The min. I hear the words "all I want to do is have someone who's couch I can share to watch movies with them", I get them in do uncertain terms that they don't belong in my world.

Good news sounds like gossip, and huge baggage. I have a no baggage boundry in my home too.

If people can't leave their drama on my doorstep they sure won't get my company for anything.

Saves me so much time and energy for people do don't have these issues.
 ItsMargo
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 9/1/2010 2:47:43 PM
Long story short, over the weekend he told me he had some good news. Here is what he told me: "I just learned Kim (his ex) and her husband got their home foreclosed ... divorce can't be far behind." WTF? How is this good news for me?

Sidestepping all the other bits that you've already had responses to, I'll just address this bit:
HE had some news that was good to HIM and he wanted to share it with you.

The distinction is:
"I'VE heard some good news"
rather than what you apparently heard:
"I have some good news for you "
 cookie22222
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2010 12:23:10 PM
I don't know, OP, I think that sometimes when someone we love hurts us...it's very human to want to see them "get what's coming to them".

However what he actually said to you about it - WEIRD.
 Wise_Monk
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2010 1:14:13 PM
The first thing I would do is make the guy aware of his behavior. It can be sliced anyway a person wants, but what he's doing is wasteful and self-destructive. It's not healthy for you either.

Also, I've always felt that if you're "kinda dating", you're kinda not. The fact that the guy is bringing up all these things with his ex says he's not ready to date anyone anyway. So regardless of if he actually does have feelings for you somewhere, it's being diminished severely by his preoccupation with his ex, and this is no good for you at all.

If you're comfortable with being friends, then you need to discuss that and make it clear that this is your only intent. If you want more than that, I'd caution you because this guy just doesn't sound ready at all.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >