Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Reintroducing Condoms to a LTR      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 foreverstacey
Msg: 40
Reintroducing Condoms to a LTRPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I always say this... that if I were male, I would always use condoms, even if she was on BC. For BC to actually be effective, she has to be taking it at the same time everyday, everyday without any skipping.

Plus I cant tell you how many times people say "we were using the pill" ... its almost like the pill is like 10% effective.

I personally don't trust the BC on its own (and im the one taking it, and I know I take it everyday when I need to) ... my boyfriend already has a kid, and I don't want one anytime soon. We use both BC and condom everytime.
 mrcs84
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Reintroducing Condoms to a LTR
Posted: 7/11/2011 9:03:07 AM
You just don't decide on your own that you want to have a child, and disregard your partner's thoughts on the matter.

As much as I would like this to be true, the phrase "my body, my choice" comes to mind.

damn right put dem shields up

Aye aye, Captain.

For BC to actually be effective, she has to be taking it at the same time everyday, everyday without any skipping.

So a man has to rely on his partner's integrity -and- her competence. I could just imagine the ensuing conversations if he stated that he found either of them questionable.

abelian
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/11/2011 9:13:32 AM
If you're even lucky enough for her to tell you about it.

It pays to be observant so that luck doesn't have too much to do with it. However, these days, 1 depo provera shot lasts 3 months, so it's a little easier to keep tabs on the birth control.

So a man has to rely on his partner's integrity -and- her competence. I could just imagine the ensuing conversations if he stated that he found either of them questionable.

That conversation beats becoming a dad unintentionally. Since a guy has no control after a woman becomes pregnant, he needs to insure that doesn't happen, regardless of what it takes to ensure that. Trust is nice, but the price of becoming a dad is too high to blidly trust someone.
 mrcs84
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2011 1:09:23 PM

That conversation beats becoming a dad unintentionally.

Especially with all the "It takes 2," "deadbeat dad," and "live up to your responsibility" talk that always gets thrown around.

Trust is nice, but the price of becoming a dad is too high to blindly trust someone.

I know it's -probably- not what you "meant" to say, but that basically translates into, "being a man, if you don't [currently] want kids, then no woman is trustworthy in the bedroom." With what I hear on these forums coming from both sides, that seems to ring true.

Truth doesn't seem to hold as much weight as sensitivity these days.
 abelian
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/12/2011 2:12:25 PM

I know it's -probably- not what you "meant" to say, but that basically translates into, "being a man, if you don't [currently] want kids, then no woman is trustworthy in the bedroom."

Close enough. I'm only willing to be as naive as I can afford to be. When it comes to becoming a dad, I can't afford to be all that naive. Since you're on the hook if you get someone pregnant, it's up to you to do whatever it takes to ensure that doesn't happen unless you want it to happen.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Reintroducing Condoms to a LTR