Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tiger Woods Divorce: Is one years salary a Big Settlement      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Justdonald
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Tiger Woods Divorce: Is one years salary a Big SettlementPage 2 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
Wait wait wait.

What happened to "I don't want anyone with young children"?

She married him for his money. She got his money. I will leave it at that.

NOT THAT IT WAS OK but when you marry a rich athelete, rock star, actor, businesssman, you know what happens. Don't be naive ladies, (girls?)
 browneyesboo
Msg: 27
Tiger Woods Divorce: Is one years salary a Big Settlement
Posted: 9/2/2010 11:55:49 AM
I think it could be true that often women marry sports figures and actors
for their money and their prestige, but that isn't always true, because sometimes
the woman have just as much money (or more) than the guys they marry.

I don't believe that every woman that marries a rich man is marrying them
just for their money. I do believe some really are in love and somehow believe
(just like us normal humans) that it will last forever.

I do think it's sad (but true) that it's the ones that do marry for the money that
make it more difficult for the ones that don't. People always LOVE to focus on
the negative, it's just so much easier to say ALL woman who marry rich men do
it for the money and they're all golddiggers.

What is naive is to think everything has a yes or no answer.

She married him for his money. She got his money. I will leave it at that.

Unless you're her best friend or can read minds...you have absolutely NO idea why
she married him. Can't even believe you pretend you do. ahahahahahaha!
(I'll leave that at that)
 Justdonald
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2010 11:58:19 AM
For love and for money are not mutually exclusive.
 anonymouslyme
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/2/2010 11:59:16 AM

She married him for his money. She got his money.
And he married her to enhance his 'squeaky clean all american good guy" image and increase his value to sponsers. He got that. The fact that he didn't value it enough to hold on to it is on him, and cost him dearly.
 mr.evil
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/2/2010 12:01:55 PM
Gee ain't it amazin!

"She simply followed her husband's lead." Yeah like ALL the other bullsh1t women say, this is one I luv to hear. They don't want to follow "his" lead on anything cause their independent, but this time they follow his lead! Hahahaha!

Guess her word is about as good as his. When you sign a contract(this was no marriage, just a contractual obligation by 2 people) it seems to me to presuppose we would abide by it. Ergo if the marriage "dissolves" she gets X, and I'm sure Tiger's lawyer wouldn't have put a $100 million price tag on a nanny, despite what many think.

Sorry ladies, even if you won't admit it, he'cum and she's slime, anyway you slice it. He went for the nookie on the side and she went for the bankbook. You can hold all the press conferences you like, he's caught up in his own fame, she's caught up in getting the dough. I don't buy that little bo peep act for a minute. This wasn't some 10 or 15 year marriage, you notice she didn't waste a minute getting knocked up twice to really set the hook. Hahahaha!!!!

"I don't believe that every woman that marries a rich man does it just for the money."

No but a number do. How many of you ladies would date a Donald Trump, Reggie Bush or Tiger, if he was some broke azz guy who worked a normal 9 to 5? He11 most guys on here in that case, can't get a freakin date, much less a woman to marry.

Hahahaha!

As for "you are EVIL" damn straight, I just call em, like I see em.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/2/2010 12:08:22 PM

Sorry ladies, even if you won't admit it, he'cum and she's slime, anyway you slice it. He went for the nookie on the side and she went for the bankbook. You can hold all the press conferences you like, he's caught up in his own fame, she's caught up in getting the dough. I don't buy that little bo peep act for a minute. This wasn't some 10 or 15 year marriage, you notice she didn't waste a minute getting knocked up twice to really set the hook. Hahahaha!!!!

As for "you are EVIL" damn straight, I just call em, like I see em.

And so it has been said, and thus it must be so.
Not sure why any of us bother posting to this thread anymore. I mean the
decision has been made and passed down. All bow down!

Yeah, everyone gets married and "gets knocked up" to really set the hook.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 32
Posted: 9/2/2010 12:10:49 PM
And he married her to enhance his 'squeaky clean all american good guy" image and increase his value to sponsers. He got that. The fact that he didn't value it enough to hold on to it is on him, and cost him dearly.

Tigers worth in the eyes of sponsors etc. has everything to do with image and popularity. His earnings over a few years could easily go up by what he makes in one year or be maintained at that high level if he were to maintain his popularity. So Tiger had much to gain by staying in the relationship and having children with a hot white blond haired woman. Ever notice how many of the top professional golfers wives are attractive white and blond?

The fact that the initial prenup was for something in the order of 10 mill ( which is about 1 months earnings for Tiger ( and less that what the jewlers recommend us regular folks spend on a wedding ring ) indicates to me that she went into the marriage without money as her prime motivation.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 33
Posted: 9/2/2010 12:11:52 PM
Now MR. E you "know" the fairer sex would never do anything of the sort! They all just have us (men) at the fore front of their thoughts.
Always doing the best for us without thought for themselves!!!

Dang get a grip people she wanted to stay only after he up'ed the money!!!!
MR. E as normal in a question of gold digging the women are all doing the CYA thing.

If one admitted that she was in it for the money it would expose them all.

She was a no talent hussie that got paid nothing else to talk about!!!!
 Helen0426
Msg: 34
Tiger Woods Divorce: Is one year's salary a Big Settlement
Posted: 9/2/2010 12:25:58 PM
Key word: "Reportedly."

No one knows the details of the settlement. They're keeping it private.

But whatever it is, there's no basis for comparison to the relative cost of divorce for an average person. Mr. Woods is not an average person. Neither is Ms. Nordegren. Their children will never be "average," either. How many people's kids need bodyguards? These two do, and will.
 Jewlsey*
Msg: 35
Posted: 9/2/2010 12:32:01 PM
Very wealthy men like Tiger Woods, Donald Trump and the likes are not stupid. They marry arm candy and know full well, should things not work out, they're going to be out a few millions. They don't go around whining about it because it's chump change to them.

It seems only men on a free dating site with probably no gold to be dug that whine endlessly about it. I swear I've never heard so much talk about gold digging until I started reading these forums
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 36
Posted: 9/2/2010 12:32:46 PM
Money paid for child support and the care of his kids is not coming out of the money paid to her. He would and will have to support his kids according to the money he makes.

So the money in question here is what is paid to her. She used his cheating to line her pockets not her kids!!!
 cmd1957a
Msg: 37
Posted: 9/2/2010 1:02:40 PM
Didnt he use her to enhance his image as a family man? Didnt by him enhancing his image as a family man parlay that into millions of dollars of additional endorsements? Now dont get me wrong, as soon as we got into financial difficulties(mostly caused by her) my ex asked for a divorced and married the nearest 400 pound lawyer. I have every reason to be cynical but I think in this case they both went into it eyes wide open. He knew what it would cost him if he got caught and wrote the check. She will have no problem cashing it.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 38
Posted: 9/2/2010 1:16:44 PM

But whatever it is, there's no basis for comparison to the relative cost of divorce for an average person

So where do we draw the line on the average person. Should a guy making 30 thou per year be expected to abide by the same rules as someone making 200 or do you get more consideration and leeway the richer you are.
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/2/2010 1:27:27 PM

Very wealthy men like Tiger Woods, Donald Trump and the likes are not stupid. They marry arm candy and know full well, should things not work out, they're going to be out a few millions. They don't go around whining about it because it's chump change to them.

Exactly.Both people in these types of situations know exactly what they are getting into.Arm candy that are the envy of every man in the room does not come cheap.It's legal prostitution plain and simple and prostitutes get paid.Rich men who desire arm candy understand this,so does the arm candy.

As for tiger woods wife being a hussie well she was not the one with a harem of men. And no talent,well none of us know the woman so none of us can say what her talents,strengths and intelligence really is.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 40
Posted: 9/2/2010 1:28:53 PM
Not sure most average people would have a prenup?
I think the reasons the rules for rich people get confusing is
because they have so much to divide and they have so much
money.

I don't believe in alimony...(unless it's one of those deals where
the husband INSISTS the wife be a stay at home wife)...but I
do believe in child support. I'm up in the air about it though, because
while I agree it's necessary, I know sometimes what a guy can afford
to pay is really not what it costs to support a kid. Granted there are
always going to be women that screw around with the child support
money and use it for petty cash, but for a lot of single mothers, the
child support is an important protion of her income. For some people
100.00 or even 50.00 a week child support would be a hardship if
they were trying to support their own household, but I think most
would agree that children (even with the other spouse contributing
the same amount) can be expensive.

In the case of the rich, I don't think it comes down to who can afford
what. I think everything is so public (and often times humiliating) that
one party wants more and the other party doesn't want to give another
dime.

Not an easy answer for sure.
Of course it would be if we could believe some people and we knew
everyone who was rich was a golddigger, 'cum or a sleaze. But such
is not the case.
 carolann0308
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2010 1:32:13 PM
Hollywood divorces, they were never typical and they will never be typical.

"Men love me because I am a good housekeeper, they divorce me I keep the house" Zsa Zsa Gabor 6 time divorcee.
 Pingshooter
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2010 1:37:31 PM
Tiger is an azz.
Elin is not a gold digger.
Their kids will have to answer for his stupidity when they are older, by some news media or idiot.

People don't realize the impact something like brings on the entire family.
For Tiger it was for his benefit, there and then..and now he is paying for it.

Whatever they decided upon between them and their lawyers..who I am positive made a nice chunk of change for themselves..means nothing to us. It is what they have decided to be agreeable to..it's between them. It's obvious that Tiger can afford it, so what's the difference?
 Wise_Monk
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2010 1:42:15 PM

she's a young beautiful woman who will easily be able to find a new partner who will love honor and cherish her, so she'll still have the opportunity to enjoy a long happy relationship.

Ideally, and I hope this happens for her. But, it doesn't always work out that well. Being young, beautiful and/or rich has never been a guaranteeing factor for love or happiness. On the contrary, for many in that position, unfortunately, they've found the opposite.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 44
Posted: 9/2/2010 1:44:55 PM

It's legal prostitution plain and simple and prostitutes get paid.Rich men who desire arm candy understand this,so does the arm candy

Hummm I think this sums it up well.

A joke... A man walks in a bar sees a nice lady and goes up to her and asks. Would you sleep with me for a million dollars? Without batting a eye she answers yes!

Then he asks her if she would sleep with him for one hundred dollars. She scowls at him and asks what kind of woman do you think I am?
He answers we have already determined that now we are negotiating the price!!!

The amount large or small is not the question the question is integrity!!!

If she was NOT a gold digger she would have left with what the original pre-nup stated. She did not that makes her a gold digger in my book and by the looks of it most of the guys and even a couple of the gals agree!!!
 forumrum
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/2/2010 1:46:45 PM
But what exactly is she getting paid for? Being a mother? I doubt it, probably multiple nannies. Keeping house? I doubt it, probably multiple maids and cooks. Helped him with his career? Nope, wasn't even real supportive by all reports. 100 million is obscene in this case. She was a failed model and a nanny. She contributed nothing to the fortune he amassed and the marriage was of short duration.

More likely, hush money....aka blackmail
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 46
Posted: 9/2/2010 1:56:57 PM
I won't disagree that when a woman marries a guy who's either rich, famous or incredibly hot, it shouldn't come as a complete surprise if/when he strays. That doesn't mean the woman didn't love him and it doesn't mean she wasn't hurt by the infidelity. And when the guy has been linked to at least a dozen mistresses, the desire to squeeze as much money as possible out of him is probably more about revenge than golddigging.

In this particular situation, I don't know if the terms of the original pre-nup and any revised one are public record or merely speculation. Though the fact that she allegedly received more than what had originally been agreed upon could very well be due to reasons that would benefit Tiger. Maybe it covered a certain amount of silence on her end or maybe it compensated for an STD he gave her. Who knows? I'm certainly not going to jump to the conclusion she's a golddigger given Tiger's callous disregard for their marriage.

100 million is obscene in this case.

The guy is worth almost a billion dollars. I don't know what the going rate is in divorce settlements but 10% doesn't sound that bad to me.
 cmd1957a
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/2/2010 1:58:42 PM

Helped him with his career? Nope, wasn't even real supportive by all reports
Really? What exactly is his career? Sure he plays golf but 90% of his income comes from endorsements. You dont think having a swedish swimsuit model as a wife didnt help in obtaining some of those endorsements? You need to differentiate between what he does for a living and how he makes his money.
 Helen0426
Msg: 48
Posted: 9/2/2010 2:07:54 PM
His cheating cost him $750 million US dollars, nearly a billion.

I'll repeat: No one knows the amount of the settlement. They're keeping it private.

Any report of any amount settled upon Ms. Nordegren is careful to state that it is speculation. That's because speculation is all that's available. No actual information on this has been issued by either Woods or Nordegren.

Fox is quoting a report by the London Sun, which in turn is quoting "a pal." Does this really look credible to you? It's basically The Enquirer:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/usa/3035261/Tiger-Woods-banned-from-letting-girlfriends-near-kids-in-divorce-deal.html

They don't know anything.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 49
Posted: 9/2/2010 2:34:44 PM
According to Forbes Magazine in late Aug.

"Settlement terms of the split were not revealed and they will certainly remain a tightly guarded secret as Elin likely traded her silence for cash. Reports that Woods forked over $750 million that have swirled in recent month are pie in the sky numbers"

"Last year Woods became the first athlete to earn a cumulative $1 billion through his income from prize money, appearance fees, endorsements and his golf course design business by our count. Credit Nike which has paid Woods around $250 million since he turned pro in 1996 and has stuck by him since November. Other sponsors, of course, have not stuck around as Accenture, AT&T and Gatorade all bailed out on Tiger. The loss of those deals, his struggles on the course and the problems in his golf course design business mean that Woods’ income could drop as much as $50 million this year. Woods still was the highest-paid athlete in the world over the past 12-months earning $105 million."

So add potentially another 50 mill this year to the cost of his extramarital affairs.
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 50
Posted: 9/2/2010 2:40:04 PM

It's on Fox news.

"Elin Nordegren Gets $750M"

Now go back and reread that first sentence: it's on Fox news.

Woods can't help himslef, he was born, genetically that way.

It's not like he tripped and his dick fell into a cocktail waitress. You can assert whatever you want about his proclivity for certain behavior, it doesn't mean it wasn't preventable. Hell, he could have paid someone to keep him out of such trouble.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tiger Woods Divorce: Is one years salary a Big Settlement