Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tiger Woods Divorce: Is one years salary a Big Settlement      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Tiger Woods Divorce: Is one year's salary a Big SettlementPage 4 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)

Of course it works both ways, you see women out there in their 50's on their 4th facelift, with skin like an aligator, walking around with some 20 something life guard.
The primary difference is that you don't see those women running around acting all suck ass about how they were used for their money.

And rest assured that if Alin were some waitress rather than the super model that she is/was when Tiger met her, he wouldn't have married her. He has a proven record of that...

Rarebird76
Msg: 77
Tiger Woods Divorce: Is one year's salary a Big Settlement
Posted: 9/2/2010 5:09:26 PM
Of course it works both ways, you see women out there in their 50's on their 4th facelift, with skin like an aligator, walking around with some 20 something life guard.

The primary difference is that you don't see those women running around acting all suck ass about how they were used for their money.
And the secondary difference is I doubt the man continues to extract $$ from her when the relationship ends! HELLO!
 carelesswhisper00
Msg: 78
Posted: 9/2/2010 6:02:18 PM
Tiger had a problem and took it to extremes. Extreme behaviors always lose in the end.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 79
Posted: 9/2/2010 7:00:45 PM
C! MAN GOLLDIGGR form 1870`s!

You have found me out I am actually lying about my age - I'm really 152 and look pretty good for my age and I owe it all to bird poop facials and detoxifying leeches.
 BLUEMISS
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2010 8:55:24 PM
If she was a smart goldigger, she would have stayed with him...hopefully he would kick off and she could have had all his money.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 81
Posted: 9/3/2010 4:41:36 AM
Tiger got what he wanted just like MJ did....Pretty babies with a blond momma that he hoped would tolerate him like his momma tolerated HIS daddies dalliances...

She got semi fame and cash.

Who really cares?

So far as Tiger being on the market?
Any woman that knows where that tigers tail has been and partakes of it is a skank.

He will always have to buy his women one way or another.

If she was a smart golddigger, she would have stayed with him

She got enough money, is still very young and came out looking slightly better than him and will go on to make more money.

Elin golf clubs..Pack a wallop .
All she needs is a driver........

It's the average joe's paranoia that most women are after their money that is laughable

Amen!! The men that think women will do anything for 75k a year or less is hilarious.

They are in that zone that most owe more than they make to look like they make even more
so the income to debt ratio is outrageous .

We all know first wives that were with them 10 years or more will get half the retirement investments..

Pingshooter
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2010 4:46:16 AM

ur just gelous cuz u kant stnad 2 C 2 peepL N luv HATER! g0ldiggers wer like form teh 1880s or sumtin AND THEY WER GUYZ!!!!!!

WTF!?!
When did teenage girls start to comment here?
Msg: 83
Posted: 9/3/2010 4:49:25 AM

Do you REALLY believe as I said, if Tiger was the caddy(they can make pretty good money as well as a professional) Elin baby would have given him the time of day?

And if Elin happened to be a plain woman with acne scars,a humpy nose,awful hair that resembled a Brillo pad and flat as a pancake would tiger baby of given her the time of day?

Bottom line is these women and men know exactly what they are getting into.As I previously said it's legal prostitution and both know money is going to exchange hands at some point.Both also know that the amount will not be chump change.The men are fully aware that their gold will be dug and are prepared for that in order to have a breathtakingly hot and beautiful woman on their arm that every man will envy.
 motown cowgirl
Msg: 84
Posted: 9/3/2010 5:12:45 AM
^^^that's right. both of these people agreed to the marriage based on certain very specific conditions, and they ended it the same way. the conditions going in were, he must be a famous sports star worth a gazillion dollars, and she must be a barbie doll model. of course, there were other conditions too but they were secondary. because if he wasn't famous and wealthy and she wasn't a barbie doll, this marriage never would have even happened. the conditions going out were, he must negotiate in terms of what he will or will not pay out of his gazillion dollars, because she is taking her pretty self with her. it's merely the price he had to pay for an acceptable departure after getting caught in flagrante delecto and embarrassing his entire family before the world. so what.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 85
Posted: 9/3/2010 5:37:46 AM
From Tigers 13 minutes of shame speech to trying to publicly reform himself by declaring himself to be a good buddist to going to sexual addiction counselling and marriage counselling to settling the divorce all in relatively short over ( less than a year ) - To me it all seemed geared more toward getting Tigers Billion Dollar Career back on track rather than a genuine attempt at reform or a heart felt appology.

As other posters have stated this guy is a piece of work and just another example of how messed up a person can become from being in the limelight from a young age and having too much of a focus on their extreme natural talent. He has joined the ranks of Micheal Jackson as a notably messed up celebrity IMO.

Whatever the settlement in his divorce will be he will likely have no problem is absorbing the cost and Elin will be set for life financially and the kids will likely need much therapy. My main point in this thread was about the different rules and expections we have for people based on their income level. I would think that some women who divorce and only recieve a total settlement of one years earnings would think themselves hard done by if they were married to the average man.

Our rules of engagement in relationships and socializing ( about how much we tip and spend on wedding rings and how much we spend to attact our significant other etc etc ) are skewed based on the fact that they are usually considered to be fixed amounts so that the rich look very generous and the poor look very cheap even though the amounts spent are often much more of a hardship for the poor than they are for the rich. Thanks to all posters for you input so far.
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 86
Posted: 9/3/2010 6:16:38 AM

Elin golf clubs..Pack a wallop .
All she needs is a driver........

Right, she is from well to do & lets just say ego,celeb status was first & for most to be hook up with the most famous golfer in the world. Not too bad. lol
She bagged one & will be forever famous for it.
Screw the money, when now it's only the have not's & want to be's, who are doing all the complaining.lol

And the biggest joke are the ones who are buys his endorsements.[aka settlements]
Four!!!!
Yours truly,
Tiger

P.S. thanks to all for the free money cuz dem women out there aren't cheap! lol
 Justdonald
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2010 6:49:11 AM
And rest assured that if Alin were some waitress rather than the super model that she is/was when Tiger met her, he wouldn't have married her. He has a proven record of that...

You are REALLY in Fantsay world, aren't you? Elin was a failed model and a NANNY and she is s bleached (FAKE) blonde ( is it clear that I don't like bleached blondes. LOL!)

I agree with the lady above who called it legal prostitution. It happens all the time in the upper levels of money. But hey, I think that prostitution is an honorable profession. Just call the shyte what it is.
 Chill Pill
Msg: 88
Posted: 9/3/2010 7:13:18 AM
Oh Shyt... I just bought a pair of Nikey sneakers and I can't find the receipt to return them... OMG!! Every body will now think I am a liar and a cheat. What should I do???? Do you think I can sell them on Ebay? Duh?
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 89
Posted: 9/3/2010 7:15:50 AM
Interesting how spin works. Most people seem to focus on Elin as being an ex model or a failed model or just a Nanny. If she were a woman who did not attract tiger with her blonde ( pretty common for swedish women so I don't know if its fake or not ) hair and good looks people might have focused on her wanting to be a child psychologist.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2010 8:01:03 AM

You are REALLY in Fantsay world, aren't you? Elin was a failed model and a NANNY and she is s bleached (FAKE) blonde ( is it clear that I don't like bleached blondes. LOL!)
I don't see how she faile, she was earning a good living at it when another opportunity presented itself to her and she took it...

Sounds like sour grapes to me... if you don't like her, that's your choice, but it doesn't change the fact that she was modelling very respectably.
 mr.evil
Msg: 91
Posted: 9/3/2010 9:50:08 AM
"when another opportunity presented itself"

OH oh, I know I know! Hmmmm, let's see...work for a living, maybe get a gig every now and then(she wasn't any super model or we ALL would have heard her name before she met Tiger) OR marry the guy who REALLY makes the bucks, punch out a couple of puppies and rake him over the coals when he acts the sleeze he was.

We ALL know which she chose.

Hahahahahaha!!! Luv it!

Edit to add: she MAY have helped his image, don't really know about that. First no matter what you say mixed couples can cause controversy, he11 there are more than a few have a problem with a black man in the white house. Any woman marrying him would have done, perfect image of a "good man" yeah right! Hahahaha!!

Next do you REALLY believe for a minute there weren't 100's of women pursuing him, trying AND sleeping with him, when and before Elin met him? Just part of the fame game. So she marrys him, watches her rolex for how long it will take before someone else sleeps with him. His ego thought that made him special and immune to the rules.
 Justdonald
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2010 10:18:20 AM
Bet some of the dudes so hostile really are feeling the race issue. (how could that blonde blsue eyed speciman of whiteness be with that Tiger?) I wouldn't admit that shyte either.

She got what she wanted, he got what she wanted.

Someone else will get with or marry him for his money.
and NOW someone will marry HER for her money. She can buy away the "I don't want to get involved with a woman with two young kids" problem See how that works?

Everybody but the kids win in the end. But selfish people do this to their kids all of the time.
 ispeakthetruth
Msg: 93
Tiger Woods Divorce: Is one years salary a Big Settlement
Posted: 9/3/2010 10:39:19 AM
Elin deserves every dollar. Tiger's a narcissistic, home-wrecking man whore.
 mr.evil
Msg: 94
Tiger Woods Divorce: Is one years salary a Big Settlement
Posted: 9/3/2010 11:38:21 AM
You see this is what I don't get, what I'll never get with women.

"Elin deserves every dollar."

WHY? This goes to a basic quandry not only on here, but IRL as well. I get it if a woman marries some guy, who while smart is a nobody, builds a career, maybe she even helps him with it. They are married for 10 or more years, he cheats or he11 they just fall out of love and split. Yes she's entitled to half or some such number as the court decides based on a life together, the sacrifices she made to help him get where he got to go.

That didn't happen here, no matter how much she made his putter stand up, or kissed his balls before each tournament, he was a vastly successful guy, with endorsements BEFORE she ever decided to dig his gold. So considering the change in things, how courts view divorce today, what possible reason would someone have(aside from blackmail) to give her half or $100 million, for which she did not earn a single nickel?

I mean from my POV, there is no fair in this. If Tiger gave her 2 million dollars, her life style would be sooo far above where she was, when she met him, of course that doesn't count CS.
 Lint Spotter
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2010 1:26:08 PM

"when another opportunity presented itself"

OH oh, I know I know! Hmmmm, let's see...work for a living, maybe get a gig every now and then(she wasn't any super model or we ALL would have heard her name before she met Tiger) OR marry the guy who REALLY makes the bucks, punch out a couple of puppies and rake him over the coals when he acts the sleeze he was.
Ok, we get that you're angry at women for whatever reason and you're lashing out at the women of discussion in these threads. You've made your point... don't you think it's time now to take a step away from the computer instead of making these ugly displays?

I don't care who you are, no woman deserves to have her marriage raked over the coals in such a public display of disrespect to her and her children.
Msg: 96
Posted: 9/3/2010 1:29:46 PM

do you REALLY believe for a minute there weren't 100's of women pursuing him, trying AND sleeping with him, when and before Elin met him? Just part of the fame game. So she marrys him, watches her rolex for how long it will take before someone else sleeps with him. His ego thought that made him special and immune to the rules.

I am sure there were an abundance of women chasing after him but Elin was the best of the bunch.He wanted the best and he got it,and the best was young,extremely beautiful and fertile.He knew what he was getting into as well as she did.He wanted that hot arm candy who would also be his brood mare.Most men want children as much as most women do,but they don't want kids with the skanks,whores,fck buddies and one night stands of the world.

So a hot piece of arm candy and children from an acceptable,presentable and respectable woman that you are not ashamed to bring home to mom is what he,and most men want.Perhaps he even really loved her and tried to believe that he could be faithful.Perhaps he thought he wanted that perfect family,but once he got it he discovered he didn't want it,at least not 100% of the time.Perhaps she really did love him and despite his whorish ways she foolishly believed she could be the one to change him.I think though both of them knew that he was going to cheat and he would have to pay.It was a given.

I pity neither of these people.He got what he wanted and so did she.He knew he was going to eventually cheat and so did she.Neither are the victim.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 97
Posted: 9/3/2010 1:57:18 PM
^^^^ I have to say I have a hard time taking your posts seriously and wonder if somehow this is all your brand of tongue in cheek humour.
 HardwoodFloorBoard
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2010 2:11:29 PM
Just what is it the OP meant by "divorce settlement"?

A settlement might include

Alimony;

Child support;

Division of marital property,

which are all calculated differently.

And anyway, the parties can agree to any number that doesn't appear to the court as grossly unfair.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 99
Posted: 9/3/2010 2:22:11 PM
Being a follower of Golf and a regular at the gym for many years as well an observer of other sports I would have to question Tiger's rapid muscle development as I did question that of Flo Jo, Mark McGuire, Barry Bonds, Ben Johnson and the rest of the athletes who swore up an down that they " didn't take no Stereo's" Remember how skinny Tiger was when he first came on the scene. They all say it was due to proper nutrition and training but the truth eventually seems to come out.

By divorce settlement I mean the initial value of all the payments in cash, investments real estate etc that Elin will recieve as a result of the Divorce. The details have not been released yet and it is currently a matter of speculation rather than fact.
 Helen0426
Msg: 100
Posted: 9/3/2010 2:44:03 PM

AP said $700 million.

No, they didn't. Like Fox, they said that The Sun said that. The Sun is quoting "a pal." And they are not exactly a reputable source! Here, I'll give you the link again:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/usa/3035261/Tiger-Woods-banned-from-letting-girlfriends-near-kids-in-divorce-deal.html#ixzz0sMkNFys5

They'll print anything they don't think will get them sued, and retract it if threatened, like any other tabloid.

The topic got me curious about Nordegren, so I did some rooting, and turns out, she comes from a fairly prestigious background - politician mother and well-known journalist father, both very well respected. Also, Woods pursued her for a full year before she agreed to go out with him! She stopped modeling partly because, according to the photographer who persuaded her to try it, it bored her to death, and also in favor of pursuing her studies; clerking and nannying allowed her to do that. She resumed courses during the marriage, as well. So, clearly, she's always had goals of her own that had nothing to do with getting by on her beauty. I thought that was pretty neat.

Back to topic... as to whether or not the settlement's fair, regardless of whatever the actual amount is - I'm sure it's substantial - I still don't see how there's any basis for comparison to divorce settlements of average persons. But the only people who have to be satisfied with it are Woods and Nordegren, anyway.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tiger Woods Divorce: Is one years salary a Big Settlement