Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tiger Woods Divorce: Is one years salary a Big Settlement      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 101
Tiger Woods Divorce: Is one year's salary a Big SettlementPage 5 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
Being a follower of Golf and a regular at the gym for many years as well an observer of other sports I would have to question Tiger's rapid muscle development as I did question that of Flo Jo, Mark McGuire, Barry Bonds, Ben Johnson and the rest of the athletes who swore up an down that they " didn't take no Stereo's" Remember how skinny Tiger was when he first came on the scene. They all say it was due to proper nutrition and training but the truth eventually seems to come out.

By divorce settlement I mean the initial value of all the payments in cash, investments real estate etc that Elin will recieve as a result of the Divorce. The details have not been released yet and it is currently a matter of speculation rather than fact.
 Helen0426
Msg: 102
Tiger Woods Divorce: Is one year's salary a Big Settlement
Posted: 9/3/2010 2:44:03 PM

AP said $700 million.

No, they didn't. Like Fox, they said that The Sun said that. The Sun is quoting "a pal." And they are not exactly a reputable source! Here, I'll give you the link again:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/usa/3035261/Tiger-Woods-banned-from-letting-girlfriends-near-kids-in-divorce-deal.html#ixzz0sMkNFys5

They'll print anything they don't think will get them sued, and retract it if threatened, like any other tabloid.

The topic got me curious about Nordegren, so I did some rooting, and turns out, she comes from a fairly prestigious background - politician mother and well-known journalist father, both very well respected. Also, Woods pursued her for a full year before she agreed to go out with him! She stopped modeling partly because, according to the photographer who persuaded her to try it, it bored her to death, and also in favor of pursuing her studies; clerking and nannying allowed her to do that. She resumed courses during the marriage, as well. So, clearly, she's always had goals of her own that had nothing to do with getting by on her beauty. I thought that was pretty neat.

Back to topic... as to whether or not the settlement's fair, regardless of whatever the actual amount is - I'm sure it's substantial - I still don't see how there's any basis for comparison to divorce settlements of average persons. But the only people who have to be satisfied with it are Woods and Nordegren, anyway.
 Rarebird76
Msg: 103
Posted: 9/3/2010 3:02:50 PM
I hope she gets more than a measly 100 mil. If not I'm going to need some one to hold my bag and get me a glass of cold water with a spritz of lemon + a bendy straw while I sit down to prevent fainting. I also think she should consider opening her own swedish meatball company with one variety called 'tigers balls'. Either in the frozen foods section or canned (or both).
 daynadaze
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Tiger Woods Divorce: Is one years salary a Big Settlement
Posted: 9/3/2010 3:22:49 PM
You sure can get a good look at what people really think about other people/genders by reading how they react to two people they've never met, don't know anything about and how much hate is built up inside of them. If you really want to know about someone you might date, read a hot-topic post!
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 105
Posted: 9/3/2010 3:27:31 PM
should consider opening her own swedish meatball company with one variety called 'tigers balls'.

They could be served on a skewer shaped like a 3 iron it could be a hot seller at golf courses everywhere.

I still don't see how there's any basis for comparison to divorce settlements of average persons

The average North American seems to live up to standands of displays of wealth beyond their means ( this may be responsible for the current ongoing debt crisis ) . This IMO is partially due to the influence the media and the rich and famous have on us. If a fair settlement in a divorce is to divide assests in half for the average joe then why not the rich and famous or if a settlement is fair at 1 yrs earning for the rich they why not the average guy. If a woman expects a man to treat her like royalty because wealthy men have set the bar high then why not expect the cost of a date to be proportional to the man's disposable income ie if a girl expects a guy to spend a weeks wages on a date why shouldn't tiger spend 2 mill on a date ( actually he may spend more than this now he has been caught) . If jewelers insist we spend 2 months salary on a ring why didn't tiger buy Elin a 16.7 million dollar ring. If Tiger leaves a 100 dollar tip for dinner it is the equivalent of the average guy leaving a tip of 5 cents or less but Tiger would be considered generous and the average guy cheap. The rich also do soft time in jail or under house arrest in their Malibu townhouse or get away with murder by hiring the best lawyers to point out that the glove was too small.

I am mearly pointing out some discrepancies that favor the rich in the eyes of the average person
 Justdonald
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2010 4:03:00 PM

It was an attempt at neo-marxist globalism of international corporations, such as Nike. Marry a European with an African-Asian, pay for it with an international corporation's money. The Kobe side won out. Poor Nike, poor Tiger.

She was betraysd by a Kobe, Woods, OJ.

Racism, That is what is REALLY bothering him. I rest my case.
 Savona
Msg: 107
Posted: 9/3/2010 4:22:53 PM

NOT THAT IT WAS OK but when you marry a rich athelete, rock star, actor, businesssman, you know what happens. Don't be naive ladies, (girls?)

Yea yea yea ... we all know if we date/marry anyone other than a troll who lives under a bridge we are gold diggers.

So here is the rule ladies: DO NOT date or marry any man who is successful or you will be a gold digger. We get it. This kills me, the last 2 men I met from here long long ago, one is supported by his kid the other supported by his parents. Don't you just love it when men try to keep it a secret till the last second, they think we will love them JUST for their sterling leaching personalities.

There are TONS of gold digging men let me tell you. Face it this world is tis a fecked world we live in.

Honestly I would fall down and kiss the ground to meet one man from on line who could pay his own utilities, just like I do ...
 mogrl42
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2010 4:09:11 AM
I don`t understand why some women feel that the men should pay them when they get divorced.Supporting the kids is one thing, but making huge payments to women who are perfectly healthy is insane.
I never would have paid my Ex anything ,but then again I wanted to get rid of him so badly I have have just for that reason.
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 109
Posted: 9/4/2010 4:44:03 AM

Guys now lets think about this how many females do you know that can keep their mouth shut?

That number is probably equal to the amount of men who can actually keep their zippers zipped after they marry.
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 110
Posted: 9/4/2010 5:27:40 AM

Honestly I would fall down and kiss the ground to meet one man from on line who could pay his own utilities, just like I do ...

But Savona, what if he lives off the grid? lol
 ispeakthetruth
Msg: 111
Posted: 9/4/2010 6:16:37 AM

You see this is what I don't get, what I'll never get with women.

"Elin deserves every dollar."

WHY? This goes to a basic quandry not only on here, but IRL as well. I get it if a woman marries some guy, who while smart is a nobody, builds a career, maybe she even helps him with it. They are married for 10 or more years, he cheats or he11 they just fall out of love and split. Yes she's entitled to half or some such number as the court decides based on a life together, the sacrifices she made to help him get where he got to go.

That didn't happen here, no matter how much she made his putter stand up, or kissed his balls before each tournament, he was a vastly successful guy, with endorsements BEFORE she ever decided to dig his gold. So considering the change in things, how courts view divorce today, what possible reason would someone have(aside from blackmail) to give her half or $100 million, for which she did not earn a single nickel?

I mean from my POV, there is no fair in this. If Tiger gave her 2 million dollars, her life style would be sooo far above where she was, when she met him, of course that doesn't count CS.

Why??? I gave you the answer...if you had kept my quote in context, I said, " Elin deserves every dollar. Tiger's a narcissistic, home-wrecking man whore." Furthermore no one puts a gun to someone's head and force them to marry another. She bore him a daughter and a son, while he was out shamelessly f*cking two dozen whores. Elin will have to live the rest of her life with this public humiliation and emotional/mental pain brought upon her by Tiger. Their kids someday, when they're old enough will understand what their father did to their mother. Just disgraceful. I'm glad justice was served.

100 million because it's based on the guy's income....it sounds like a helluva lot to us...but these are celebrities, they are accustomed to living in luxury. Those are his kids that he helped brought into the world...he is obligated to support them and ensure them and their mother a comfortable lifestyle as his own.

It sounds like you think dead beat dads are the way to go. There seems to be some resentment on your end...maybe you've been through a divorce yourself and looking at it from your end of things.
 ispeakthetruth
Msg: 112
Posted: 9/4/2010 7:18:41 AM

In sex addiction "rehab" he made a list of 120. Supposedly, it was his denial of 121 that sent Elin to court (a neighbor).
http://bossip.com/243135/get-the-penicillin-tiger-mauled-121-hoes-behind-wifes-back/
What about disease? She has a lot to worry about!

Tiger's the most disgraceful, shameless S.O.B. "athlete" ever lived. He was married for , what...like 3 years to Elin and during their short marriage had sex with 121 females!!! I can't fathom how someone can do screw around like that while being married with babies. He hid this ugliness about him so well from his wife and the media!!! He pulled the wool over all our eyes with this clean spitting image of a stellar athlete and husband. Geez, you can't trust anyone these days, not even your husband. Tiger's a psychopath along with sex addict.
 mr.evil
Msg: 113
Posted: 9/4/2010 7:21:56 AM
Holy Cow!!! Hahahaha!! Nice assumption and great deflection again.

While I don't neccessarily disagree with "narcissistic, home-wrecking man whore" I have a problem with the price! At a $100 million or whatever sum in that stratasphere, it represents more than the GDP of a small country! She earned none of it, and that doesn't include CS. That's why I believe the women supporting this amount are delusional.

I don't have a problem believing this guys a pr1ck. I have a problem with how the hens all gather in support of the price tag. If she was earning even 1 million a year, yeah I could see, something over the norm, but 5 years, no contribution to the wealth, it's highway robbery, plain and simple. The only other explanation, which seems to be affirmed by the women and some men is revenge and a vindictive nature.

"they are accustomed to living in luxury" see, that's the point, who says so? Was she flying private jets BEFORE Tiger? Was she living in a multi million dollar home before? The answer is obvious.

Then you start with the insults "dead beat dads" is a woman's cop out. Compare notes sweetie, men pay child support court stipulated more than 80% of the time, women who have to pay CS pay the amount court stipulated less than 50% of the time, so before you hens trot out that horsesh1t, get your facts straight.

As for "there seems to be some resentment on your end", absofreakinlutely!!

This isn't 1960, suzie isn't a homemaker anymore, she's got it her way baby, and can get a good paying job, just like a man. So in 2010, even with more liberal courts, women still trot their butts into court, do a few sniff sniffs for the judge and get paid for a period of time, more than 80% of the time. They also recieve custody 90% of the time, whether they are fit or not.

But hey, I get it, as I say the band is marching down your street, why change things! That's why women don't pay for dates, and if asked call the guy cheapo, even though they may make more. They depend on the courts to continue the bias demonstrated over the past 50 years, and don't want to pull their end. Then they come on here and say their independent! Hahahahaha!! Yeah independent with the last schmucks money! Hahahahaha!

Now we'll be served the whine, with the thread by some posting "oh oh not me!", or that's the law or some other drivel. Wrong is wrong, no matter who gets away with something.

I frankly could care less about Tiger, but even I say, the number here is wrong. It's so over the top, that it makes me sick. Things like this foster the belief of gold diggers. Yeah there are some men, who do it as well. People shouldn't be able to use the legal system or blackmail each other to get more. As I said wrong is wrong.

edit to add: Oh and on that "Fox News" horsedung, don't forget they were the ones who edited that tape of the woman who helped that farmer in Georgia and got her fired. They just pander to the maddening crowd, fomenting hate for what ever conservative they think is right.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 114
Posted: 9/4/2010 7:26:55 AM

There is a town called Savona near where I live. Start Kissing and count me as one who has never missed paying a bill out of my own pocket. I am sure there are plenty of us on here.
 Justdonald
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 9/4/2010 7:46:07 AM
Are you really that .... ...............out of touch, courageousmind? It is YOU who is racist. That is why Tiger bothers you so much. How dare he marry that blonde.

viertically declined is right. no one can take you seriously. at least i hope not. you sure come up with some shyte.

drinking:
 mr.evil
Msg: 116
Posted: 9/4/2010 8:25:38 AM
Yeah cootie, I know "celebrity" I get that. As for confidentiality, well there is a price for that, but it seems more about scorched earth and blackmail.

As for her hoorible experience well, if the price tag is the "100 million" and she spends half on therapy, getting the best there is. If it costs $200 an hour, she can get 250,000 hours of therapy! Hahahaha!!

Ya know, we could debate this one to kingdom come, but I'll put forward my own little theories. First Tiger was never "normal", as a kid, golf came first, life came second. Then as his talent developed, he was touted as the "wonder child" of the ages, destined to win more than anyone in history.. gotta believe that kind of sh1t would fuk up anybody. Doesn't give anyone a proper frame of reference for how your expected to act, be, live and respond to others. That in and of itself is not an excuse, but a more plausible statement about his mental state.

Now if we could say they were some what a "normal couple", who knows what happened in their marriage. After she got pregnant the first time she stopped being on the circuit with him. Who knows what passed for normal between them? She could have been down on sex, he could have come home horny! Hahahaa!

Who knows what passed for a relationship between the 2. Again with nannies, maids and cooks, why wouldn't she travel with him?

As for him, he11, he probably thought he could walk on water, the rules don't apply to me, and all the rest. He was a schmuck, but had the help of his father and all who kissed his azz, to become one.

edit to add: ya know, I was thinkin on this again and the phrase that comes to mind is "garbage in, garbage out"! When I was 5 or so, I became fascinated with boats and ships, it went on to play a role in my life, but I learned life as well. Those cutesy pics (home movies) of him at 5, 6 and 8, 10 playing golf, to the exclusion of the rest of life, retarded his normal life experiiences. He never learned the values taught the rest of us.

Just a thought.
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 117
Posted: 9/4/2010 8:25:59 AM

She earned none of it,

She squeezed out a couple of kids after carrying them in her womb for 18 months. How much is that worth? Maybe it's not that she got too much but other women don't get enough.

If she had been the one who cheated, I'd be on board with you *if* it had been a court that determined the settlement but a court didn't decide this, Tiger and Elin did. So whatever he gave her, he wasn't forced to do it.
 shakeitupbaby2012
Msg: 118
Posted: 9/4/2010 8:31:56 AM
IMO, once the marriage was irreconcilable, it was strictly business. It was sheer business sense in redesigning the prenup. It was also incintive for him to get his **** together, so to speak. Had absolutely nothing to do with gold digging IMO. Just good sense. Further, he agreed to those changes so it really doesn't matter.

In total, yes, it's a large settlement but not in perspective to his salary, if it is 100M/yr.
 Walts
Msg: 119
Posted: 9/4/2010 9:23:18 AM

She squeezed out a couple of kids after carrying them in her womb for 18 months. How much is that worth?

Well,she can be called "mommy" by two young ones. She can actually enjoy the gift of children of which some can not. The value of being an actual mother can not be judged by a dollar figure, and as soon as you start doing that you actually UNDERvalue those children AND those that are actually mothers to their children. It's one of the silly aspects of divorces and split ups,,,trying to put a "value" on children,,,which is in fact priceless. It's actually disgusting if you really,truely think about it.a

But since the other party has tons of money I guess it's okay in this scenario to use that form of thinking???????
 Delete_Me_Please
Msg: 120
Posted: 9/4/2010 9:38:17 AM

But since the other party has tons of money I guess it's okay in this scenario to use that form of thinking??

I'm not trying to put a value on kids, I'm trying to make a point that each person does not contribute to a relationship equally in every regard. Some contributions you can't put a price tag on. And just as there isn't an equitable way to distribute those contributions during marriage, there isn't an equitable way to dissolve those contributions in a divorce.
 mr.evil
Msg: 121
Posted: 9/4/2010 9:54:09 AM
"contributions"

Ahhh, now we're at the meat of the matter. Let's think about that for a minute.

Ohh oh, it was her housekeeping and cooking, the laundry she did...no they had maids and cook...hmmmm.. oh I know, it was the way she took care of the kids...no, she had "nannies" not nanny but plural...oh yeah it was the way sh loved to be with him...gee no she wasn't with him 5 or 6 months a year, she wasn't on tour with him, despite the kids NOT being in school.

Yeah, a woman on here, not getting her appropriate contact as she sees it, is told kick the guy to the curb, but Tiger should wander the world alone without his wife, giving the bimbo brigade free reign to stalk him.

If you figure on the 100 mill number, 4 years of marriage and her seeing him a total 500 or 600 days out of that, that makes her worth 150,000 or $200,000 a DAY!!! Nice work if you can get it.

Further the idea of holding the tell all over his head is akin to that story in the Godfather, where either the bandleaders brains or signature would be on that contract.

Face it, she did it for the MONEY, nothing else. She's just another vulture in life.

He11 for that matter we don't know WHAT she did for him aside from the kids. The kids being his offspring, her insurance policy for a good settlement. Parasite!
 Rarebird76
Msg: 122
Posted: 9/4/2010 10:52:13 AM

I don`t understand why some women feel that the men should pay them when they get divorced.Supporting the kids is one thing, but making huge payments to women who are perfectly healthy is insane.
I agree. I would feel the exact same way if the genders were reversed.

100 million because it's based on the guy's income....it sounds like a helluva lot to us...but these are celebrities, they are accustomed to living in luxury.
I'm sure a lot of regular people are (or were) "accustomed" to living a certain lifestyle.....So because you are accustomed to a certain thing it is your RIGHT? Is that how some people actually think? Interesting. I should eat in fancy restaurants then when I can no longer afford due to circumstance change I'll get in the owners face explaining how I'm "accustomed" to fine dining and I will require them to pay the difference I no longer can.
Msg: 123
Posted: 9/4/2010 11:35:33 AM

Two words,Kevin Federline.

He is just one example,but in a star marriage or one where one person if very rich there is always a payout to the arm candy be they male or female.They know this going in and are not innocent,naive lambs to the slaughter.Though I don't think anyone but Britney Spears in her crazy state considered Kevin Federline in the arm candy league.

Now some men would be worth paying for.Ahhhh Dwayne Johnson.Sighhhhhh :))
 mr.evil
Msg: 124
Posted: 9/4/2010 12:37:45 PM
Gawd pal, you gotta stop toking the chronic!

"Marxist Soviet corporations"? "Globalism, internationalist neo-marxist ideology"?

I think your tinfoil hat is crooked, letting in some of those gamma rays.

"arranged marriage"?

Pal you get further out there with every post. Where do you get your info aside from Fox? Is it the Enquirer or the Martian daily? Your desperately in need of a check up, from the neck up.

He wouldn't give her 65%, despite what anyone says. Why would he? Even a court wouldn't award her more than half. Further there is no penalty in divorce for cheating in most states, especially Florida. It took him the better part of 10 years to amass that money, even given he could recapture his game, he'd be better off taking the publicity hit, than to part with that much.

Try drinking clear liquids(not vodka or gin) and stay out of the sun for a while.
 ispeakthetruth
Msg: 125
Posted: 9/4/2010 3:28:24 PM
so much bitterness! sounds like some of you divorced and lost 100 million dollars yourself! geezus. I"m sure Tiger was happy to divorce and hand over 100 million dollars to Elin and his kids. He was living a double life and a lie, I'm sure too he was relieved to unburden himself and get rid of Elin - obviously he didn't love her or could repair the marriage. All this is his fault...so stop finger pointing and calling Elin a gold digger.

Had Tiger not f*cked up his marriage and life with some fly by night whores - no one would be calling Elin a gold digger - it's because she isn't. Elin comes from a respectable and well to do family...her mother is some senator in Switzerland. Unlike Tiger's whores, Elin didn't work as a "cocktail" waitress or sleep around to snag a millionaire. It was Tiger's friend or someone in his circle who had actually introduced Elin to Tiger, regrettably now.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Tiger Woods Divorce: Is one years salary a Big Settlement