Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What Are The Reasons For Getting Legally Married?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 happybunny8
Msg: 226
What Are The Reasons For Getting Legally Married?Page 10 of 32    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32)

Dollar to a doughnut it was the Mrs. that wanted the big house.

Who ARE these women that want a big house? For fantasy (you know if you won the lotto big), it's fun to imagine but if you don't have the money, time or a maid - who in hell wants a huge house?

I've never understood any of that. Owning a house is not important for me when I look at a potential partner.

I really have to go back to how these people were raised. It's gotta be that. I hope people who are parents on here are learning from these forums.

As this thread proves if we stand up at the start and be men by saying no to things we know are bad decisions we are branded controlling and cheap.

So? Women are branded controlling all the time, they don't seem all that concerned. Men are weakened by sex. Learn not to be controlled by that. Seriously. Women are not stupid, they know men are easy to mold because of sex.

You wouldn't allow a child to behave like that, but you put up with it because you get p*ssy.

Whatever. Same old story. Same old boring posts on POF.

We all have a sob story.
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 227
What Are The Reasons For Getting Legally Married?
Posted: 5/28/2011 10:22:49 AM
Well, I got a wedding to attend this afternoon..................so we'll see how that one turns out for the long haul. It's their second marriage, so hopefully they have learned from their failures....................all I can do is wish them well.

Mr. RoadRunner looks darn fine in his feathery suit and he cleans up real nice for such social events. They said dinner is going to be at 5:30 p.m., so I hope it's on time because Mr. RoadRunner and I can get a little beaky when we aren't fed on time. Maybe I'll take along some "Acme Products" granola bars for the "just in case" scenario, that sometimes occurs at such social events.

The ceremonial colors are black, white and orange............sounds like Halloween, doesn't it. Anyway, hope there aren't any old ghosts hiding in the closets.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 228
Posted: 5/28/2011 10:33:44 AM

Who ARE these women that want a big house? For fantasy (you know if you won the lotto big), it's fun to imagine but if you don't have the money, time or a maid - who in hell wants a huge house?

I've never understood any of that.

Me either

I really have to go back to how these people were raised. It's gotta be that. I hope people who are parents on here are learning from these forums.

I learned that way before these chats here. My children did too!

So? Women are branded controlling all the time, they don't seem all that concerned. Men are weakened by sex. Learn not to be controlled by that. Seriously. Women are not stupid, they know men are easy to mold because of sex.

"easy to mold" would the phrase EASY TO MANIPULATE be more accurate ?

As I said I learned that lesson a long time ago.

You wouldn't allow a child to behave like that, but you put up with it because you get p*ssy.

Nope not I. That commodity is readily available why put oneself in a situation that would require you to give up 50% of your assets for it?

Whatever. Same old story. Same old boring posts on POF.

We all have a sob story.

So the more it is heard the better chance that it will not repeat itself in the future!
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 229
Posted: 5/28/2011 11:54:51 AM
You would have a valid point if he would not already loose 50% of his assets.

What 50% of his assets..........at this point they have only purchased the house jointly and collectively and he ONLY put in 50% of the downpayment and she put in the other 50% downpayment.................now they have a joint mortgage together. Sell the damn house for a small profit or break even and call it day at this point...........BEFORE the children come along. But NO, No, no, not these dummies.......they couldn't stop fecking long enough to start thinking with the brain between their ears.

Actually if the wife had kept her word and went back to work the house payment would not be an issue.

So, she's a dummy too, plus she's never had a baby before and didn't know that a small human child would demand so much of her time and the father's time. They are both dummies because they both decided to have a child, without knowing the amount of time and money a child would require for the different stages of it's life.

Again I say she created the nightmare that she profited from!

They created this nightmare together Mr. Sleepy or didn't anyone teach them that fecking sometimes results in pregnancy. Babies leak profusely (pee, poop, snot, puke), someone's gotta clean up the mess and that would typically be the mommy and the daddy.

Not all are schmucks.....Some like me know the laws and how to use them as well or better than the ones seeking to hit the D lottery!

Well, it's always wise to know the divorce laws in your particular locality........that's a given, but too many people are planning the wedding and never anticipate divorce. It's the Ostrich Syndrome again............if you can't see it, it doesn't exist..........what a bunch of dummies!!!

I'm just trying to pass the knowledge and wisdom along!

Your not passing on any knowledge, your doing more whining than passing on knowlege Mr. Sleepy. Knowledge and Wisdom are about finding solutions and learning what works and what don't!!

The couple were a couple of dummies, right from the get go.
 viper1j
Msg: 230
Posted: 5/28/2011 11:59:24 AM

Most any guy will tell you once his lady makes up her mind to acquire something they have little choice but to accept.

That or experience a living hel! until he gives in.

The 5 questions most feared by men are:

1. What are you thinking about?

2. Do you love me?

3. Do I look fat?

4. Do you think she is prettier than I am?

5. What would you do if I died?

What makes these questions so difficult is that every one is guaranteed to explode into a major argument if the man answers incorrectly (i.e.,tells the truth). Therefore, as a public service, each question is analyzed below, along with possible responses.

Question # 1: What are you thinking about?

The proper answer to this, of course, is: "I'm sorry if I've been pensive, dear. I was just reflecting on what a warm, wonderful, thoughtful,caring, intelligent woman you are, and how lucky I am to have met you."

This response obviously bears no resemblance to the true answer, which most likely is one of the following:

a. Football.

b. Golf.

c. How fat you are.

d. How much prettier she is than you are

e. How I would spend the insurance money if you died.

Perhaps the best response to this question was offered by Al Bundy, who once told Peg, "If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking to you!"

Question # 2: Do you love me?

The proper response is: "YES!" or, if you feel a more detailed answer is in order, "Yes, dear."

Inappropriate responses include:

a. Oh Yeah, shit loads.

b. Would it make you feel better if I said yes?

c. That depends on what you mean by love.

d. Does it matter?

e. Who, me?

Question # 3: Do I look fat?

The correct answer is an emphatic: "Of course not!" Among the incorrect answers are:

a. Compared to what?

b. I wouldn't call you fat, but you're not exactly thin.

c. A little extra weight looks good on you.

d. I've seen fatter.

e. Sorry what did you say? I was just thinking about how I would spend the insurance money if you died.

Question # 4: Do you think she's prettier than I am?

Once again, the proper response is an emphatic: "Of course not!"

Incorrect responses include:

a. Yes, but you have a better personality

b. Not prettier, but definitely thinner

c. Not as pretty as you when you were her age

d. Define pretty

e. Sorry what did you say ? I was just thinking about how I would spend the insurance money if you died.

Question # 5: What would you do if I died?

A definite no-win question.(The real answer, of course, is "Buy a Lotus and a Boat") No matter how you answer this, be prepared for at least an hour of follow-up questions, usually along these lines:

WOMAN: Would you get married again?

MAN: Definitely not!

WOMAN: Why not - don't you like being married?

MAN: Of course I do

WOMAN: Then why wouldn't you remarry?

MAN: Okay, I'd get married again.

WOMAN: You would? (With a hurtful look on her face)

MAN: (makes audible groan)

WOMAN: Would you sleep with her in our bed?

MAN: Where else would we sleep?

WOMAN: Would you put away my pictures, and replace them with pictures of her?

MAN: That would seem like the proper thing to do.

WOMAN: And would you let her use my golf clubs?

MAN: She can't use them; she's left-handed.

WOMAN: - - - silence - - -

MAN: shit.

RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 231
Posted: 5/28/2011 12:14:08 PM
I really need to write a book entitled, "Marriage 101 For Dummies".................of course everyone can choose not to participate in such foolishness. That's a whole other book, which will be published in the spring of 2012 and of course I will have it "copywrited."

O.K., gotta run and get all "tarted up" for this momentous occassion and social event they call a wedding. I'm just glad it's not me taking the plunge into uncharted waters cause most boats will sink when you sail with Dummies!!!
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 232
Posted: 5/28/2011 1:10:49 PM

What 50% of his assets..........at this point they have only purchased the house jointly and collectively and he ONLY put in 50% of the downpayment and she put in the other 50% downpayment.................now they have a joint mortgage together. Sell the damn house for a small profit or break even and call it day at this point

Now you know that what ever was his is hers at the point of "I DO." So any assets that once was his is now in danger!

So, she's a dummy too, plus she's never had a baby before and didn't know that a small human child would demand so much of her time and the father's time. They are both dummies because they both decided to have a child, without knowing the amount of time and money a child would require for the different stages of it's life.

Not buying it she had agreed to going back but the account said SHE decided not to. Child care would have been easily afforded on a stock brokers earnings.

Nope once she seen she could stay home and he would pay her way she knew what she was going for.

Your not passing on any knowledge, your doing more whining than passing on knowlege Mr. Sleepy. Knowledge and Wisdom are about finding solutions and learning what work and what don't!!

I've already covered this besides my personal experience I have posted articles and info and the links to get to them.

You have posted your opinion and conjecture.

The 5 questions most feared by men are:

1. What are you thinking about?

2. Do you love me?

3. Do I look fat?

4. Do you think she is prettier than I am?

5. What would you do if I died?

What makes these questions so difficult is that every one is guaranteed to explode into a major argument if the man answers incorrectly (i.e.,tells the truth). Therefore, as a public service, each question is analyzed below, along with possible responses.

Even if you answer "correctly" you can be castigated depending on her mood!

I'm just glad it's not me taking the plunge into uncharted waters cause most boats will sink when you sail with Dummies!!!

Oh the waters are charted very well the dangers are marked getting the ones jumping on the boat to read them is the problem.
 JP1111
Msg: 233
Posted: 5/28/2011 4:02:43 PM
How does the man/woman benefit? Simple, they both wish to do what is common in society bu getting married as, it's the normal tghnig to do when you've met « the one ». But besides what is normal to do, it does not change anything in your relatiopmship other than costing you a whole lot of $$$ and time.

Can these benefits be obtained without getting financially and legally entangled

What benefits? Don't forget that a marriage is something that we put value to but does not change a thing in a relationship other than legal.

This is why for myself, I've been married oonce before and DO NOT plan on ever getting married again. The most I will ever get is common law.
 NewToTN9
Msg: 234
Posted: 5/29/2011 9:19:18 AM

Clearly this couple was house poor right from the start, if they were planning to have a couple of children. Like most childless working couples, they purchased the most expensive home they could qualify for...............why? Who knows why they would over extend themselves if they were planning to have a child and Mrs wouldn't have an income for year 1 of the child's life. Then they had another child and remained living in the house and still didn't figure it out or rectify the situation. What a couple of loosers with extremely poor money management skills...........they certainly deserved each other. Well you know what people in the know say, "Misery enjoys Company."

They certainly made each other miserable for 19 years and seems like it will continue for more years yet to come. Not sure what the husband's job was all those years, but they both had one thing in common...............dummies and no money management skills. LOOOOOWHOSERS!!!!

And exactly how is this response relevant to the presented situation?? You are clearly running out of materials and rational argumentative points to strengthen you position. Resorting to faulty ass-umptions in an attempt to divert the dialogue is dishonest to say the least.
 NewToTN9
Msg: 235
Posted: 5/29/2011 9:37:43 AM

Ha! I’m no divorce attorney if that’s where you’re going.

So much is apparent given your lack of understanding of the divorce statues and regulations outside of MN.

It isn’t an income based formula. It’s based on ability to pay - and she sure had that.

Ok. You are still not comprehending so let me give you the final hint. Her W2 had what number on it? Very few attorneys work pro-bono so where did the retainer funding come from?

He’s a whiner who didn’t want to fight for his kids and his attorney is a putz.

Is this the best argument you can present?
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 236
Posted: 5/29/2011 9:51:01 AM
I copied this from another thread which was posted by mrcs84(the intuitive man that he is).

Now let me tell you the results of what is probably the longest-running study of longevity ever conducted. It is the Terman Life-Cycle Study, started in 1921. The 1,528 men and women, who were 11-years old when the study started, have been followed for as long as they lived. Two groups of people lived the longest: those who got married and stayed married, and those who stayed single. People who divorced, or who divorced and remarried, had shorter lives. What mattered was consistency, not marriage. The results were the same for the men and the women.

Thanks mrcs84 because this will assist me in making a few points that need to be addressed in this thread. People make changes in their lives, throughout their entire lifetime whether they are single or married, depending on what they value most about life.

I don't think men and women purposely set out to deceive one another in the beginning of a relationship or any other relationship they may have with other human beings...............but I do know they will deceive each other if they feel backed into a corner, which is a natural human behavior. It is also a natural behavior between all mammals on the planet, except they have more of an inclination towards violence against one another, because they don't have the benefit of speech............only body language.

When we make changes to our lives, we don't always know what is coming down the pike.....so to speak. In the particular marriage/divorce scenario posted in this thread, a change had occured..........Mr & Mrs agreed to have a child with the intention that Mrs would return to the paid workforce after 1 year of the baby's life. Mr felt deceived when Mrs informed him that she was not ready to return to the workforce, because she felt overwhelmed with the amount of time the baby was demanding from her to provide it's day to day care and control. A change had occured in Mr's life as well, all of a sudden their is a baby in the house and it's demanding much of his wife's time as well as his and he has to work an 8 hour a day job outside the home to keep the money coming in, to pay the mortgage. Mr & Mrs don't seem to have enough time to focus on each other, because nobody is getting much sleep in the house, except the baby........when it chooses to sleep. When it chooses to sleep........it only sleeps for 3-4 hour intervals.

My point is..........they jointly didn't know how to cope with the change of having a small child in the home. She said she wanted more time with the baby at home and Mr was outraged because Mrs did not stick to the plan of her returning to work. Mr now goes through another change................the pressure of having to provide enough money for himself, his wife and a small child and pay the mortgage and all the monthly bills.

My point is that during a marriage, the wife is required to make more changes throughout the relationship if they jointly decide to have a baby..........there is typically less impact on the husband's life, because he remains consistently working. In other words, he has the option to remove himself from the home for 8 hours per day to work outside the home, to get a break from all the caos of having a baby in the house.

So if people live longer because they have a more consistent lifestyle, that would be why married men live longer than married women............assuming that everyone is happy in their relationship.
 Walts
Msg: 237
Posted: 5/29/2011 10:15:09 AM

My point is that during a marriage, the wife is required to make more changes throughout the relationship if they jointly decide to have a baby..........there is typically less impact on the husband's life, because he remains consistently working. In other words, he has the option to remove himself from the home for 8 hours per day to work outside the home, to get a break from all the caos of having a baby in the house.

Spoken from a woman's point of view, you are correct. But, you forgot to mention that the man has now a has a new person in his life, his home, sometimes his bed, sometimes his table,a new mouth to feed,etc.

The man deals with just as much change as a woman, though women will always "think" that because they have carried the child around for nine months,physically gave "birth",etc, they have the market cornered on these "changes". Not even close to the "truth", but it does show the problems that arise when a newborn has arrived.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 238
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2011 10:20:21 AM
I am guessing that what all those studies of statistics are pointing to, is that stress kills. Consistency wouldn't be the best key either, since 'consistently stressed out' is known to destroy people.
Anyway, what all of it seems to point to, is that we will live the longest, and have the most fun, if we are doing what we want to, for the right reasons. So getting married because we want to BE married (and we are realistic about what that actually means) will be good for us, but getting married for the wrong reasons will shorten our lives.
Of course, we might have that all backwards too: it could be that people who's DNA makes them live longer, healthier lives, are also more likely to cope with married life better then others.
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 239
Posted: 5/29/2011 11:06:01 AM
Spoken from a woman's point of view, you are correct. But, you forgot to mention that the man has now a has a new person in his life, his home, sometimes his bed, sometimes his table,a new mouth to feed,etc.

Yes, Walts.....I did express my point of view from a woman's perspective because I am a woman and I think it behooves this thread to read more about a man's point of view.

But first, I need to make a few corrections to your statement.............Mrs has a new person in her life as well, and the home belongs to both Mr and Mrs at this point in the marriage because they both paid equal amounts for the downpayment of the home and qualified for the mortgage jointly and collectively. So the home is THEIRS at this point and NOT HIS completely.

O.K., so they agreed to have a child jointly and collectively...........did Mrs understand from the start, that Mr didn't want the baby in THEIR bed or at THEIR kitchen table. Did Mr & Mrs understand that the baby required food to sustain it's life and finally that money is required to purchase food. If the baby is being breast-fed, nourishment comes from the mother's breast and somewhere between 3 - 6 months, the baby will require pureed foods to supplement mother's milk.

I don't think Mr was completely "on board" when he agreed they should have a child. What do you think?

So, why did he not fully understand or comprehend what having a baby in the house would mean...........when he agreed to have a baby with his wife? Was he trying to deceive his wife when he and she agreed to have a child? Did he purposely lie about this, when he agreed for them to have a child together?
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 240
Posted: 5/29/2011 11:22:42 AM
Consistency wouldn't be the best key either, since 'consistently stressed out' is known to destroy people.

I have to agree with you on that one too Igor.............so the goal would seem to be "consistently happy" about what we do in our lives. Nowadays, I see married women and single women with children, trying to raise children, meet the demands of their jobs outside the home and inside the home............and some to most of them are "consistently stressed out" to the point of "burn out". "Burn Out" is a term people use for describing complete mental, emotional and physical exhaustion.
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 241
Posted: 5/29/2011 11:59:52 AM

And exactly how is this response relevant to the presented situation?? You are clearly running out of materials and rational argumentative points to strengthen you position. Resorting to faulty ass-umptions in an attempt to divert the dialogue is dishonest to say the least.

You presented all of us on this thread a marriage/divorce scenario NewToTn9 to analyze, so of course I am assuming some of what may or may not have occured because you have not given us all the facts for this scenario.

To NOT tell the "complete story" or reveal all relevant facts in a scenario is also an attempt at being dishonest and yet another attempt to divert the dialogue. So analyze that..............BOZO!!
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 242
Posted: 5/29/2011 11:02:44 PM

So, why did he not fully understand or comprehend what having a baby in the house would mean...........when he agreed to have a baby with his wife? Was he trying to deceive his wife when he and she agreed to have a child? Did he purposely lie about this, when he agreed for them to have a child together?

Triple R again you're using flawed logic.

First of all the Mr. in the account fulfilled his part of the original agreement. The Mrs. is the one that broke the agreement.

If anyone was deceiving in this case it would have to be her.

So I will pose like questions to you.

So, why did she not fully understand or comprehend what having a baby in the house would mean...........when she agreed to have a baby with her husband? Was she trying to deceive her husband when she and he agreed to have a child? Did she purposely lie about this, when she agreed for them to have a child together?.....Why didn't she go back to work as agreed when she had the option to?
Or was it her plan all along to never work and live off of him?

Flawed logic will always give flawed results.

I declare this as Mr. O'Reilly says this is a no spin zone so stop spinning.

The facts of the account as we have them show her as the only one that broke their agreement.
Seeing as she broke it the agreement the outcome is mostly her fault.

The account really just shows how the female has a decisive advanatge in divorce. She was able to device her husband and then keep the home and also receive alimony and child support.

Something that is so rare when men do the same it makes national news.

Really your posts in themselves are proof of why men don't benefit from marriage. With thinking like yours it would make it even a worse idea for any man.

You claim disdain for the human race yet even when you said both of the people in the account was idiots, you found a way to lay the blame on the male. When the female was the one to break the agreement by the account we have.
WHY?
 60to70
Msg: 243
Posted: 5/30/2011 12:58:58 AM
Good point. Women are as guilty as men are at rearranging the facts. So??? Marriage is no insurance from the truth. Marriage demands more than tantrums and easy outs and useless and pointless arguments. If you marry...keep the faith. There is never very often somebody over there on the other side with the green grass that is your salvation. Dream on. Marriage is a very long haul considering we all live for a very long time these days. Otherwise, engage in serial monogamy and let that be your end all to be all.
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 244
Posted: 5/30/2011 1:32:35 AM
Triple R again you're using flawed logic.

First of all the Mr. in the account fulfilled his part of the original agreement. The Mrs. is the one that broke the agreement.

If anyone was deceiving in this case it would have to be her.

So I will pose like questions to you.

So, why did she not fully understand or comprehend what having a baby in the house would mean...........when she agreed to have a baby with her husband? Was she trying to deceive her husband when she and he agreed to have a child? Did she purposely lie about this, when she agreed for them to have a child together?.....Why didn't she go back to work as agreed when she had the option to?
Or was it her plan all along to never work and live off of him?

My logic may be flawed........but first we need to back up the bus and see what facts were given to us by the writer of this marriage/divorce scenario as follows:

Husband and wide married for 19 years. Wife was a licensed stock broker who decided she wanted to stay at home for 1 year upon the birth of their first child.

The writer of this marriage/divorce scenario does not state which one of them originally had the "brain fart" to have a "mini-me" or which one of them seconded the motion. So, who originally wanted the child??? That question would have to be answered first, before I could continue with any further response to this scenario.

Any man or woman who thinks a one year old baby is ready to be "farmed out" to someone, who doesn't have a vested interest in the child's well-being is just plain stupid, thoughtless and careless. Neither one of these idiots should have been allowed to reproduce...............and a spay/neuter would have been my call. Both of them have no "sense of family."

And the humans wonder why children have Attention Deficit Disorder, Anxiety, Rage and Tantrums..................what a bunch of Loosers.
 chameleonf
Msg: 245
Posted: 5/30/2011 6:57:20 AM

That question would have to be answered first, before I could continue with any further response to this scenario.

Is crossing my fingers that no one answers that question.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 246
Posted: 5/31/2011 2:26:02 PM

I don’t know what happened in this imaginary situation but the attorney’s fees agreed upon by the parties in their resolution did not pay her retainer in the beginning.

Nope but they sure paid her back the money she paid for the retainer.
 4ms4me
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Posted: 5/31/2011 4:24:01 PM

How do you know what actually went on in the privacy of their relationship? Sure, your guy friend has told you his side, but I bet the original scenario had him agreeing that she should stay home, and to a 2nd child. If he didn't agree with any of it, he also had options - namely, insisting that she stick to their agreement. And, if he didn't want a second child there are condoms, vasectomy and just good old abstinence. If he acquiesced in any of it, then thats on HIM, not HER! If she sulked, whined, complained, b!tched, etc., that behavior is on her.

If you don't do it their way they will make sure you suffer their wrath till you do.

Yup, blame the woman. Not that I disagree that there are women like this ... but also there are MEN like this! How blind are you to claim all women are the same, all because you made a stupid choice or even a couple of stupid choices.

I recently watched a program where a woman admitted out loud and in so many words that she manipulated her boyfriend with sex and made promises she had NO intention of keeping. Not surprisingly, he resented this kind of behavior - but he did what she wanted eventually. But she says, all sweet, "I won't do that any more". Guess what happened at the end of the show? He got on his knees and asked her hand in marriage! Isn't that sweet? (Yup, she was hawt!).

I've been with men who used manipulation, sulking, intimidation, and once, his fists to "persuade" me to do it their way. Eventually, I had to learn where my boundaries were and to stand up for myself; true, it's harder than concluding that all men are manipulative and will turn violent if the manipulation doesn't work. Why shouldn't men have to learn the same lessons? Because it's easier for them to "blame" women, that's why.

I have had at least 10 in the last 3 1/2 years I could have married

10, in 3.5 years? That's about 42 months or 168 weeks. Divide that by 10 women and you've got about 17 weeks per woman. So, seriously, you are claiming you met, dated, and so impressed these women that they were at the point of MARRIAGE in less than 16 weeks? I so doubt this - you cannot imagine how much, especially given the implication that it could have been more.

But, if by some unlikely chance it's true, I really have to wonder at the type of women you are actually dating. And, marrying. Maybe women aren't your worst enemy; maybe you are. Maybe you need to be teaching your sons something different, like how to identify and encourage healthy communication, honest people, and how to recognize and avoid manipulative, passive-aggressive people. I bet that would do them a lot more good than the fear-based campaign you're currently running.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 248
Posted: 5/31/2011 5:23:26 PM

How do you know what actually went on in the privacy of their relationship?

We only have the account we have going by it she didn't keep her agreement.

Yup, blame the woman. Not that I disagree that there are women like this ... but also there are MEN like this! How blind are you to claim all women are the same, all because you made a stupid choice or even a couple of stupid choices.

You need to get a grip. I have NOT said all women are alike. Please stop trying to spin my words.

But, if by some unlikely chance it's true, I really have to wonder at the type of women you are actually dating. And, marrying. Maybe women aren't your worst enemy; maybe you are. Maybe you need to be teaching your sons something different, like how to identify and encourage healthy communication, honest people, and how to recognize and avoid manipulative, passive-aggressive people. I bet that would do them a lot more good than the fear-based campaign you're currently running.

What is fear based about legally protecting oneself? My stance is a pre nup. They protect both parties.

Funny thing is through all this I have not bashed the female gender or even generalized them. Yet now I am accused of both because I support true equality.

Especially in the ending of a relationship.

There is some logic in your line of thought here. That is why I haven't married any of these women.

They were looking to marry I just happened to be the one that was there at the time. Because some of them married right after I quit seeing them 2 is already divorced again! Big surprise there huh?

It seems seeing as I haven't fallen for these marriage seekers, my system is working just fine for me so I'll stick with it until I find a better one.
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 249
Posted: 6/1/2011 10:28:53 AM
myjawnn67...

4ms4me.....

How do you know what actually went on in the privacy of their relationship? Sure, your guy friend has told you his side, but I bet the original scenario had him agreeing that she should stay home, and to a 2nd child. If he didn't agree with any of it, he also had options - namely, insisting that she stick to their agreement. And, if he didn't want a second child there are condoms, vasectomy and just good old abstinence. If he acquiesced in any of it, then thats on HIM, not HER! If she sulked, whined, complained, b!tched, etc., that behavior is on her.

Well, the writer of this particular scenario didn't come back to give us all the details of the marriage/divorce scenario. So I am going to assume that he wanted the house more and she agreed to keep the peace. I am also going to assume that she wanted the "mini me" more and he agreed, to keep the peace. So there was a compromise and they continued their marital relationship. If either one found it so objectionable......I am sure they would have divorced before a baby came into the picture.

In other words, they were both benefiting in the marriage in some way!

There are some people who think that men never make errors in a judgement call and some that think women never make errors in a judgement call. But, let me assure you...no one is infallable and nobody is perfect!
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 250
Posted: 6/1/2011 11:41:47 AM
Triple R wrote

Well, the writer of this particular scenario didn't come back to give us all the details of the marriage/divorce scenario. So I am going to assume that he wanted the house more and she agreed to keep the peace. I am also going to assume that she wanted the "mini me" more and he agreed, to keep the peace. So there was a compromise and they continued their marital relationship. If either one found it so objectionable......I am sure they would have divorced before a baby came into the picture.

There are some people who think that men never make errors in a judgement call and some that think women never make errors in a judgement call. But, let me assure you...no one is infallable and nobody is perfect!

This is what was written in the first post about this scenario so your assuming has done what assuming normally does.

The no-fault divorce settlement was as follows:
a) She will receive $1,150 in monthly child support.
b) She received the $785k house.
c) She will receive an additional $5,600 per month in alimony payments for the next 8 years (she asked for $9,600/month).
d) She was awarded 50% of all retirement accounts and assets (which she never contributed to).
e) She receives primary custody. This despite the fact that the husband petitioned for shared custody and both children proclaimed that they preferred to live with the father.
f) The husband to assume the repayment of the $50k in credit debt.
g) The husband to assume all legal fees for both parties.

The husband is now living in a small apartment and had to downgrade the car due to the extraneous expenses levied by the divorce all while the wife moved in her new boyfriend (who is unemployed) into the couples house.

For the single men, don’t marriage look like an awesome investment!!!

Wow some just doesn't know when to quit. Trying to change the facts to fit their needs.
They didn't need to come back and explain they explained it to start with.

Very sad very sad indeed.

I'm sure they were.......However she was not satisfied with those benefits she wanted the benefits of being divorced. you know half of the husbands assets while keeping the house and getting alimony. While being free to date anyone she wants.

Yeah marriage looks great for a man looking at it through these facts ,don't it?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What Are The Reasons For Getting Legally Married?