Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What Are The Reasons For Getting Legally Married?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 76
What Are The Reasons For Getting Legally Married?Page 4 of 32    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32)

Yabut: breach of contract in a marriage is often financially rewarded or at least. There are often very few repercussions for the one who does the breaching.

Well Capitano........the courts usually decide who was in breach of the contract in marriage and/or a business arrangement/venture. So now the lawyers, judges and judicial system now become part of the 3-ring circus act that usually goes on during the trial for disolution of said breach of contract.

It's all about who can razzle dazzle who the best and who can be the best puppeteer at manipulating the people who need to be puppetered and manipulated. It's usually a 3-ring or 4-ring circus act at best with a dog and pony show to follow, with the occasional tap-dancer stealing the applause.
Hody Hum..........life is a gamble sometimes
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 77
What Are The Reasons For Getting Legally Married?
Posted: 5/16/2011 4:24:10 PM
Well Capitano........the courts usually decide who was in breach of the contract in marriage and/or a business arrangement/venture. So now the lawyers, judges and judicial system now become part of the 3-ring circus act that usually goes on during the trial for disolution of said breach of contract.

Well, just thinking for situations similar to mine where the ex left with the love of her life, left me with the kids, collected half, to which she contributed very little, now collects her tax benefits and my CS and works part-time at best, owns a house that's larger than mine.

She was rewarded for leaving with her lover. She came in with absolutely no assest but left with quite a bit. She felt no repercussions at all for breach of contract. No-fault divorce is hardly the same as breach of contract in a business partnership.

Mine is hardly a unique case. There are lots of ugly stories out there. I got off pretty well in comparison to many.

RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 78
Posted: 5/16/2011 9:38:47 PM

Mine is hardly a unique case. There are lots of ugly stories out there. I got off pretty well in comparison to many.

I don't know all the details of your situation, so I think it would be unfair for me to make any comments about it.

Although I think when men divorce........it's all about the money. When women divorce it's usually about the lack of happiness and harmony within the home and feeling under-valued and under-appreciataed that leads them to divorce.

Men and women receive money for a job well done outside of the home and usually that's "thank you" enough if the pay is decent and provides for a good standard of living. But what is the value of a stay-at-home mother and wife...............most men would say "zero dollars" because they don't actually give their wife a said amount of pay for what they do on a daily basis.

But I do remember my own father at the dinner table thanking our mother for preparing such a lovely dinner many times and insisted that his children (that would be me and my bro) show our appreciation as well by helping with the clean up or getting out of her way so she could have some down time to herself. Yes, my father helped with the after dinner clean up as well, in case you all were wondering.
 UnixGrand
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2011 10:55:13 PM

The cost of a marriage license should cost $20,000. The cost of a divorce should be $38.

The only people having a good time, and making money are the Divorce Lawyers. They live off of other people's sorrow, and misery. Divorce Lawyers love when people can't work it out amicably. They see Billable Hours in their Future. This is what keeps people from remarrying. We should all be mad at the Lawyers, and not at each other.
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 80
Posted: 5/16/2011 11:12:57 PM

We should all be mad at the Lawyers, and not at each other.

The lawyers might have a good case right there............like why are people not smart enough to make their own divorce arrangement. If their smart enough to make all the wedding/marriage arrangements, why can't they do their own divorce?

Next, why can't they say or show each other on a regular basis that they value and appreciate each other and why can't they teach their children/everyone in the family to value and appreciate each other.
 UnixGrand
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2011 11:34:02 PM

The lawyers might have a good case right there............like why are people not smart enough to make their own divorce arrangement. If their smart enough to make all the wedding/marriage arrangements, why can't they do their own divorce?

Next, why can't they say or show each other on a regular basis that they value and appreciate each other and why can't they teach their children/everyone in the family to value and appreciate each other.

Not everyone has had a bitter divorce. Mine was very amicable. I am not bitter in the least. We were educated people. And when educated people decide to do something, they think about it. How it will affect everyone in the family, and their futures. Let's say we parted with both of us smiling, except for the Lawyers. We caught them in the act of trying to make us argue. Now that's smart, and fair.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 82
Posted: 5/17/2011 7:23:17 AM

Although I think when men divorce........it's all about the money. When women divorce it's usually about the lack of happiness and harmony within the home and feeling under-valued and under-appreciataed that leads them to divorce.

Good joke! You've obviously never been divorced from a woman before. Money often becomes an issue because the woman makes it an issue. As I've said many times: It's all about the Looooove at the beginning, but it's all about the Money at the end.

But I don't think we need to derail the thread going down that road.

My point, simply, is that a marriage contract can be broken with impunity unlike a buiness contract.

And, even though people talk about the financial advantages of being married, I really doubt that it is as beneficial as many make it out to be. I know I was paying a more income tax when I was married and I was the sole income earner.

I dunno. I just think marriage is a bad idea, but if people need to do it, live in separate places. Living together is the main downfall of most marriages or live-in relationships, I think.

xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 83
Posted: 5/17/2011 8:02:59 AM
reasons...
hmmmm... I dont see the point
 abelian
Msg: 84
Posted: 5/17/2011 8:25:11 AM
Well, if you meet someone you get along with well enough to be happy with for the rest of your life and you both have similar sex drives and are, in general, sexually compatible, getting married is one way of deciding to get on with your life, create a partnership that makes it easier to do that and stop wasting time shasing sexual satisfaction. Perhaps some people like the companionship. (The companionship is nice, but I'm not much of a people person, so it's more of a bonus than anything else.) I think that differs from merely being in a long term relationship, because you have to be pretty certain you aren't going to change your mind later if you get married (unless you like the hassle of getting divorced).

I've lived with a woman for 6 years and if getting married wasn't different enough from living together, I would have gotten married. I didn't because in the back of my mind, I didn't feel all that comfortable taking that last step. I've done the play house thing a coule of other times, too. This time around, I'm getting married because I can see myself with my fiancee until one of us dies and I don't see that I'm giving up anything by getting married. (Well, I guess I'm giving up the possibility for a few sexual escapades with muliple women or different women unless my fiancee suddeenly develops a late ife desire to switch teams, but that's about it. Since I've had those experiences (or at least most of the ones which interest me), that doesn't seem like such a big deal.)

I used to think that marriage was just a certificate which in some way legitimized a relationship for the benefit of others, but I really don't think that's the case. There's more to it than that. If I wasn't getting married, my next choice would NOT be a committed relationship. My next choice would be casual sex without committment. Something between the two extremes requires tradeoffs that are too much like being married while offering too little in return (basically nothing in return.)
 xlr8ingmargo
Msg: 85
Posted: 5/17/2011 8:38:16 AM
Thats because youve never been married. I give you credit and get where your coming from. For me at my age and place in life I just dont see the point.
Companionship doesnt require the joining of households in any fashion.
Two life relationships that are gone by the cycle of nature itself are enough for me to know I never want to do it again under any circumstances.

May you be blessed with a long and happy life bond~
it does bring me happiness knowing others are.
 abelian
Msg: 86
Posted: 5/17/2011 8:52:25 AM

Two life relationships that are gone by the cycle of nature itself are enough for me to know I never want to do it again under any circumstances.

Maybe it's best to get married late in life, instead of spending one's youth tied to another person. My parents have been married almost 55 years and quite honestly, that's something I would find difficult to imagine doing myself. If I end up being married that long, I'll be over a hundred when I celebrate that anniversary.

May you be blessed with a long and happy life bond~

Thank you.
 Maleman999
Msg: 87
Posted: 5/17/2011 9:10:37 AM
I think marriages should have an expiry date by law, meaning to remain legally married, you and your spouse must renew your marriage vows and license every few years, say every 3 or 5 years, just like renewing your driver's license. None of this "til death do us part" crap. If one or both spouses refuse to renew their marriage license, then divorce should be automatically granted. As for division of assets, a pre-nup should also be required by law whenever a couple get married or re-married after the expiry date. Many people's lives and situations can change so drastically, a constant renewal of marriage vows and pre-nups will avoid a lot of high priced divorce battles in court. Of course divorce lawyers will totally oppose any simplified divorce settlements, but their loss is other people's gains. The only sticky point in this is when the couple breed and therefore kids are involved. But the kid's care and financial responsibility should be spelled out in the pre-nup.
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 88
Posted: 5/17/2011 11:38:23 AM

Good joke! You've obviously never been divorced from a woman before. Money often becomes an issue because the woman makes it an issue. As I've said many times: It's all about the Looooove at the beginning, but it's all about the Money at the end.

True, I've never been divorced from a man or a woman before..........because I've never been married or lived in a conjugal relationship under the same roof with anyone before.

My opinions come from many hours of observing people who are married or living common-law or just dating, but I think I have much more interesting opinions from observing animals, insects, marine life, reptiles, etc. But that's a whole other chapter........and I'm not sure that animals try to deceive other animals in the same way that humans deceive each other. You see, animals don't give a damn about money because they don't need it for their survival............humans do, but I'm sure you already knew that.

Humans have created a society that makes them dependant on the dollar(s). Anyway, a man and woman gets married, their lives as they knew it while living under their parents roof is about to change dramatically. Many go into the state of matrimony or co-habitation without knowing what the hell to expect or what hair-balls they might be coughing up along the way.......LOL.

Typically the man earns the larger sum of money, the woman eventually has children and is required to devote more of her time caring for the physical, mental and emotional needs of the child(ren) and eventually quits her paying job. The man does not pay the woman a monthly salary, but the man continues to earn his more than adequate salary to support the woman's role to stay at home and care for their children. But at some point in their lifetime after raising the children to adulthood, the woman wants to re-enter the workforce but may not have the necessary marketable skills to do so.

If a divorce occurs................of course she is gonna want and need money for her survival, don't be stupid about this. If the man stayed at home and raised the children without a regular pay cheque coming in, he is gonna want and need money as well.
It's a partnership for God Sake......money and property are joint assets of the marital partnership.

I've always been single, no kids and because I have no kids or husband........all my money belongs to me because I have no legal dependants, according to the law.........which fecking makes sense to me.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 89
Posted: 5/17/2011 12:00:02 PM
This video clip of Gene Simmons sums it up nicely!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb204U1cxgg
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 90
Posted: 5/17/2011 12:04:33 PM
What I'm trying to say in the above situation is the man has created a situation where the woman and their children are dependant on the him for money to survive and the woman has created a situation where the children are dependant on her for their mental, physical and emotional needs to survive into adulthood. With any great degree of success both parents will have taught their children how to take care of their own mental, physical and emotional needs so the adult children(usually 18 years old) can go earn their own money to survive in the human society.

If you don't like it..........then don't create a situation where someone is dependant on you financially, mentally, physically or emotionally.

And finally in human relationships, when he/she stops being your friend, confidante and lover............that's when the relationship usually ends and you will have an ex to exit from, either by mutual agreement or in a courtroom. It's the courtroom usually if you can't work out the details of your own exit without the aid of a lawyer, judges and a messy trial, which turns into a 3-ring circus and you and your ex-spouse doing a very nervous tap-dance.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 91
Posted: 5/17/2011 12:22:37 PM
Without children a woman can get 50% of the mans money. That is a fact.

With children a woman can get up to 80% or so, because of child support.

I raised two kids w/o child support from the mothers. The money I saved not paying them support was more than enough to pay the cost of the kids.

In short I saved money by raising my kids even though there was no support to me.

Say what you will child support is back door alimony.

Hence the reason Gene says marriage is to expensive for a man. Yet it is a great way for women to make 50% of some one else's money.
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 92
Posted: 5/17/2011 1:09:31 PM

Without children a woman can get 50% of the mans money. That is a fact.

Well of course, it's a 50/50 partnership........so you both take 50% of the cash and assets. Don't be stupid about this

With children a woman can get up to 80% or so, because of child support.

Well of course. It should be more than 80% if 3 or more children are involved.........why should the children have to suffer with a lower standard of living/lifestyle because the 2 idiots that conceived them can't get their shyte together. They didn't ask to be born, so don't be stupid about this.

I raised two kids w/o child support from the mothers. The money I saved not paying them support was more than enough to pay the cost of the kids.

So you raised 2 kids on the money that you normally would have given to your wife if she was in their day to day care and control. Who looked after the kids while you were working and/or away from home socially?

In short I saved money by raising my kids even though there was no support to me.

Of course, weren't you the larger income earner and did you pay your spouse for her share of the house-keeping, cooking, shopping, attending apointments for children, etc. if it was greater than your input. I pay my house-keeper $20.00 an hour, usually every second week for 4 hours, which is $160.00 per month and that is just to do the basics.

Say what you will child support is back door alimony.

The sex between 2 people must have been back door alimony too. Nowadays if you want a surrogate to have a baby for you your gonna pay $10,000 to $50,000 dollars. I guess that's back door alimony too.

Hence the reason Gene says marriage is to expensive for a man. Yet it is a great way for women to make 50% of some one else's money.

Gene is a man, what the hell else IS HE GONNA SAY. Marriage for a woman isn't that great either, she usually has to give up her career and sometimes a big, fat paycheque when she has a baby and put up with a man that never says "thank you" for all the things a woman does to make everyone's life a little more golden in the home which is suppose to be everyone's sanctuary. It usually never is her sanctuary though, because nobody ever stops whining their faces off to her about stupid crap. As for the 50%, it's a partnership..............don't be stupid about this.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 93
Posted: 5/17/2011 1:30:27 PM

Well of course. It should be more than 80% if 3 or more children are involved.........why should the children have to suffer with a lower standard of living/lifestyle because the 2 idiots that conceived them can't get their shyte together. They didn't ask to be born, so don't be stupid about this.

And just what is the father supposed to live on? Oh of course he should be the only one to suffer after all he is a man!

So you raised 2 kids on the money that you normally would have given to your wife if she was in their day to day care and control. Who looked after the kids while you were working and/or away from home socially?

I worked two business' to make my money.

Both of the mothers had only one job.

Not my fault they were not ambitious enough to work harder. Anyway before the demise of the relationships I was the main care giver to my kids anyway.

Hummmmm by your logic she should have been paying me even before the relationship ended.....I assure you that didn't happen.

Of course, weren't you the larger income earner and did you pay your spouse for her share of the house-keeping, cooking, shopping, attending apointments for children, etc. if it was greater than your input. I pay my house-keeper $20.00 an hour, usually every second week for 4 hours, which is $160.00 per month and that is just to do the basics.

As I said I did most of the house work and care of the kids. So that is a non starter.

Hummmm I wonder if I could go back and get the money they owe me for the housework I did cleaning my own house?

The sex between 2 people must have been back door alimony too. Nowadays if you want a surrogate to have a baby for you your gonna pay $10,000 to $50,000 dollars. I guess that's back door alimony too.

Surrogates normally don't have sex with the parents of the child they carry!....So what is your point here?

Besides sex should be something that both want not payment for anything!....WOW

Gene is a man, what the hell else IS HE GONNA SAY. Marriage for a woman isn't that great either, she usually has to give up her career and sometimes a big, fat paycheque when she has a baby and put up with a man that never says "thank you" for all the things a woman does to make everyone's life a little more golden in the home which is suppose to be everyone's sanctuary. It usually never is her sanctuary though, because nobody ever stops whining their faces off to her about stupid crap. As for the 50%, it's a partnership..............don't be stupid about this.

Yes he is a very wise and wealthy one as well......I wonder if his advice to others is why he has accumulated so much wealth?

Notice it is only a 50% partnership if married.....Most states don't recognize common law marriage.

So even if they live together for years there is no way for either to get paid by leaving the relationship.

Again the reason Gene advises men not to marry.

Stupid.....Not at all I have this figured out very well!
 mrcs84
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2011 1:39:12 PM

More than 80%? Lets assume that the man makes $50k a year. You expect him to survive off of [less than] $10k a year simply because the relationship failed? And seeing how he probably isn't living in his the house that used to be his, now he has to buy an apartment, for one that isn't in the crappiest part of town, he's looking at $600 a month on the VERY low end. That will suck up $7200 of that measly 10k he had. So this guy has to survive off of $234 a month. I hope his car is paid off, never has ANY problems, and he doesn't eat much.

I bet the schools they went to did some of the "raising" for about 7 hours out of the day. And based on your comment of "raising them to adulthood," what is keeping those mothers from finding at least a part time job during all of the free hours they have once the kids start school. And as far as housework, how hard is it to negotiate sharing it with the husband and having the kids do a few chores? I know when I was little, I had to do the dishes and mow the lawn. I was also washing and ironing my own clothes by the age of about 7.

Of course, weren't you the larger income earner and did you pay your spouse for her share of the house-keeping, cooking, shopping, attending apointments for children, etc. if it was greater than your input.

The kind of situations you're alluding to, the payment is in trade. He goes to work so that the roof over everyone's head is paid for, the money needed for shopping is accounted for. The electric bill that goes towards the appliances to run the household are is paid for. The man does his part, the woman does her part. You know, that "partnership" thing you keep throwing around.
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 95
Posted: 5/17/2011 4:00:06 PM
Marriage for a woman isn't that great either, she usually has to give up her career and sometimes a big, fat paycheque when she has a baby and put up with a man that never says "thank you" for all the things a woman does to make everyone's life a little more golden in the home which is suppose to be everyone's sanctuary. It usually never is her sanctuary though, because nobody ever stops whining their faces off to her about stupid crap.

Ah, more good jokes....

... clearly, you've never lived with a woman for any length of time, either. A sanctuary? More golden?....

... buahahhahaaaaa!

Granted, living with a woman is not all bad, but the house is HERS, everything in it is HERS, it's decorated to HER taste, and men learn that there is no point in contradicting her since she will make life a living hell if she doesn't get her way, especially once kids arrive.

You paint a pretty picture, razzle, but seriously, it's not terribly accurate for what most men experience. I worked one full-time paid job and one part-time paid job, and a third job whenever I wasn't working because being home with kids all day was hell apparently, so I had to take over the kid-stuff many days. I cooked several times a week, did dishes nights I didn't cook, did laundry as often, hoovered more often, and other assorted chores as much.

I just did what I thought I should be doing and what she said she wanted me to do....

.. and at the end of it, I came to the conclusion that it's impossible to keep a wife happy. It's just not worth it emotionally or financially.

And, my experience is far from unique. Every guy I know has experienced pretty much the same thing to one degree or another.

Marriage, legal or common law, just isn't worth it.

*Just Jim*
Msg: 96
Posted: 5/17/2011 5:06:05 PM

Can these benefits be obtained without getting financially and legally entangled (i.e. formal marriage in the legal sense)?

op, no. Unless he or she is a fool. And if so you can whine all you want here! lol
good luck.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 97
Posted: 5/17/2011 5:44:58 PM

Ah, more good jokes....

... clearly, you've never lived with a woman for any length of time, either. A sanctuary? More golden?....

... buahahhahaaaaa!

Yep that is funny right there I don't care who you are!

Granted, living with a woman is not all bad, but the house is HERS, everything in it is HERS, it's decorated to HER taste, and men learn that there is no point in contradicting her since she will make life a living hell if she doesn't get her way, especially once kids arrive.

I can back this statement up 100%!
If you don't do it their way they will make sure you suffer their wrath till you do.

You paint a pretty picture, razzle, but seriously, it's not terribly accurate for what most men experience. I worked one full-time paid job and one part-time paid job, and a third job whenever I wasn't working because being home with kids all day was hell apparently, so I had to take over the kid-stuff many days. I cooked several times a week, did dishes nights I didn't cook, did laundry as often, hoovered more often, and other assorted chores as much.

Captain your experience is much like mine and what I have found to be the norm.
While women tend to paint us men as lazy good for nothings. It is strange they have no problem with taking half of our money that they didn't make.

They moan about house work that most men I know do anyway. Even if the men didn't do house work how about the up keep of the house. Repairs and the like? I promise you can hire a house keeper cheaper than a plumber, painter, electrician....ECT ECT ECT.

So where is his pay for that up keep?

That kinda makes that point in her rant moot doesn't it?

I just did what I thought I should be doing and what she said she wanted me to do....

.. and at the end of it, I came to the conclusion that it's impossible to keep a wife happy. It's just not worth it emotionally or financially.

And, my experience is far from unique. Every guy I know has experienced pretty much the same thing to one degree or another.

Agreed it is just not worth the trouble on any plane.
I have been much happier since my last divorce and would never marry w/o a iron clad pre nup!
 UnixGrand
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2011 5:49:22 PM
You see if we can't find a common bond..... everyone stay away from each other. That's all. 52% of people in the USA are divorced. It's the highest amount since this country's birth, and will keep escalating. People think of themselves, but don't realize that also the children, if any are involved. 98% of people in this country are morally bankrupt.
 FyrKrakn
Msg: 99
Posted: 5/17/2011 6:38:26 PM
I was in the never marry again club until life presented me with some problematic concerns and a marriage to a specific person as the solution to all of them. It's my good fortune that he was in the same boat.
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 100
Posted: 5/17/2011 7:21:51 PM
Ohhhh, didn't I know it.........all the men are here chiming in with all their whining.

And just what is the father supposed to live on? Oh of course he should be the only one to suffer after all he is a man!

Get a 2nd job, after all she most likely has to. If she was a stay-at-home mom, she already had 1 full-time job that nobody paid her to do, now she's gotta get another full-time PAYING job. Did you ever stop to think about what she has to do to maintain the same lifestyle for the children or did you think she should be the only one to suffer, after all she is a woman.

I worked two business' to make my money.

Both of the mothers had only one job.

Not my fault they were not ambitious enough to work harder. Anyway before the demise of the relationships I was the main care giver to my kids anyway.

Hummmmm by your logic she should have been paying me even before the relationship ended.....I assure you that didn't happen.

If you worked two business' to make money, how much time did you devote to both businesses on a daily basis? If it was more than 12 hours in a day, I'm sorry but you couldn't have been the main caregiver or provided very good care for your childrens physical, mental and emotional needs and you certainly didn't have time to teach them how to take of their own needs. If both mothers had only one paying job outside the home, how much time did they put into it on a daily basis and what was their role in the home? What kind of house chores did they do and no it's not your fault if they don't want to be ambitious and work hard, but it's not your place to decide how hard they should work either. If you didn't like their work ethics, why did you choose them for your wife?

As I said I did most of the house work and care of the kids. So that is a non starter.

Hummmm I wonder if I could go back and get the money they owe me for the housework I did cleaning my own house?

Well you can try going to court to get the money that they may or may not owe you. I usually recommend to women who are with a man who only thinks about his wallet and the money it............put a dollar value on everything she does in the relationship and always calculate it at the current market value for that year. Every year, hand him your calculations to make sure he can still afford to have you around. If not, make a run for it because for him, it's all about the money, and what the hell does love got do with that.

Surrogates normally don't have sex with the parents of the child they carry!....So what is your point here?

They sure did and it was less than 50 years ago that a woman would actually have a baby for a couple who weren't able to conceive by copulating with the woman's husband. Typically it was considered a gift, but nowadays men only think about their wallets so women should only think about their wallets too and charge the going rate for carrying a baby to full term, pain and suffering endured during labor and a gym membership to get her original shape back. So your wives gave you 2 children x $25,000 for each............maybe you wanna take that to court too.

Besides sex should be something that both want not payment for anything!....WOW

Well in a perfect world it should be that way, but lots of times he wants sex and she doesn't...........so he should pay her for sex at the going rate of course, because she's doing something she really doesn't want to do. If she still refuses, then he can pay for a prostitute and pay his wife the same sum of money for breaking the marriage contract every time he wants sex outside of the marriage. Ladies, this is how you handle men who only think about their wallets..........don't give anything away for free because they can only understand things if your translate it into dollars. Cha Ching Ring a Ding
Don't let the men stay stupid about this!

Yes he is a very wise and wealthy one as well......I wonder if his advice to others is why he has accumulated so much wealth?

Notice it is only a 50% partnership if married.....Most states don't recognize common law marriage.

So even if they live together for years there is no way for either to get paid by leaving the relationship.

Again the reason Gene advises men not to marry.

Stupid.....Not at all I have this figured out very well!

Good old Gene has had too much free stuff handed to him by women and that's how he got wealthy off the backs of women and maybe a few men. Ladies, don't be stupid about this, don't even give away a free kiss or a wink.

More than 80%? Lets assume that the man makes $50k a year. You expect him to survive off of [less than] $10k a year simply because the relationship failed? And seeing how he probably isn't living in his the house that used to be his, now he has to buy an apartment, for one that isn't in the crappiest part of town, he's looking at $600 a month on the VERY low end. That will suck up $7200 of that measly 10k he had. So this guy has to survive off of $234 a month. I hope his car is paid off, never has ANY problems, and he doesn't eat much.

Well, why not..........the man expects the woman to survive on $10,000 a year and raise x-many children of his children on zero dollars. Does Mr. ever check in to see if his kids are eating Kraft Dinner or good balanced meat, potatoe, vegetable and salad dinner................not fecking likely. After all, it's only his ass that counts after the relationship has ended. That was a sarcasm, in case you didn't know.

I bet the schools they went to did some of the "raising" for about 7 hours out of the day. And based on your comment of "raising them to adulthood," what is keeping those mothers from finding at least a part time job during all of the free hours they have once the kids start school. And as far as housework, how hard is it to negotiate sharing it with the husband and having the kids do a few chores? I know when I was little, I had to do the dishes and mow the lawn. I was also washing and ironing my own clothes by the age of about 7.

Why don't you try it and you will find out how easy it is to find a job that you can be off work in time to pick up the kids from school and rush home to make them dinner and/or take them out to their extra-carricular activities. Negotiating housework with a husband is like pulling teeth from a dinosaur at time...........most women I've talked to say their husbands think they should sit on their arce until it's time to go to bed.
I'm glad you could wash and iron your own clothes at age 7. Sometimes I wonder why the hell it takes humans 18 years to raise their young..........no other species takes that long or are humans just stupid.

The kind of situations you're alluding to, the payment is in trade. He goes to work so that the roof over everyone's head is paid for, the money needed for shopping is accounted for. The electric bill that goes towards the appliances to run the household are is paid for. The man does his part, the woman does her part. You know, that "partnership" thing you keep throwing around.

Yah, it's a partnership and very few men can actually support a stay-at-home mother and wife with 2 children. What people have been doing in their marriages just isn't working so change it up, into something that can work for the BOTH OF YOU.

Ah more good jokes....

.... clearly, you've never lived with a woman for any length of time, either. A sanctuary? More golden?....

... buahahhahaaaaa!

Well you picked her for yourself.........nobody else did.

So NEVER marry again if it was such an awful experience, but remember that your forefathers created the institution of marriage. Women would never invent or create a stupid institution such as that or would they????..........I can't speak for all women, so you will just have to accept that as one woman's opinion.

Anyway, I don't feel sorry for you guys and I won't even offer you a little cheese with your whine because men could chop off the heads of their wives if they didn't pleasure them in all the ways they wanted. If men would have given a women a fair deal.....oh say about 1million B.C., marriage would have never been invented.

Don't ask me to feel sorry for men, when they could walk away from his 10 children and wife who had no livelihood and/or no means of financial support to raise 10 children. She typically watched them die one by one, while Mr. wore his blindfolds to keep him from seeing reality. It still goes on if you take a closer look at South Africa.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What Are The Reasons For Getting Legally Married?