Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What Are The Reasons For Getting Legally Married?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 101
What Are The Reasons For Getting Legally Married?Page 5 of 32    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32)

Anyway, I don't feel sorry for you guys and I won't even offer you a little cheese with your whine because men could chop off the heads of their wives if they didn't pleasure them in all the ways they wanted. If men would have given a women a fair deal.....oh say about 1million B.C., marriage would have never been invented.

What the fvck are you on about now?

So, you call us whiners for relating our stories and you are what.... ummmm.... whining for a million years of fiction?

MEN created marriage? Women had no desire for that?

You've been spending a bit too much time in Women's Studies classes, not in the real world, methinks. No one is asking you to feel anything for men. And, well, why should we feel anything for some past or mythical plight of women?

Anyway, more excellent jokes....

cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 102
What Are The Reasons For Getting Legally Married?
Posted: 5/17/2011 8:03:43 PM

Get a 2nd job, after all she most likely has to. If she was a stay-at-home mom, she already had 1 full-time job that nobody paid her to do, now she's gotta get another full-time PAYING job. Did you ever stop to think about what she has to do to maintain the same lifestyle for the children or did you think she should be the only one to suffer, after all she is a woman.

I expect her to provide the best she can and the father the best he can.....Why should he have to make up her shortfall?

If you worked two business' to make money, how much time did you devote to both businesses on a daily basis? If it was more than 12 hours in a day, I'm sorry but you couldn't have been the main caregiver or provided very good care for your childrens physical, mental and emotional needs and you certainly didn't have time to teach them how to take of their own needs.

I ran a auto repair shop Monday-Friday. On the weekend I sold racing fuel at a race track. My children helped at both places. You don't know me and I resent you saying I couldn't do something I have already said I did.

If both mothers had only one paying job outside the home, how much time did they put into it on a daily basis and what was their role in the home? What kind of house chores did they do and no it's not your fault if they don't want to be ambitious and work hard, but it's not your place to decide how hard they should work either. If you didn't like their work ethics, why did you choose them for your wife?

You are right it is not my place to dictate how much they work. However I sure dictated how much they received in the divorces. Nadda!!!!!

People change and in my cases the women seen I could make good money and got lazy. To bad they didn't plan for the future as I did.

Well you can try going to court to get the money that they may or may not owe you. I usually recommend to women who are with a man who only thinks about his wallet and the money it............put a dollar value on everything she does in the relationship and always calculate it at the current market value for that year. Every year, hand him your calculations to make sure he can still afford to have you around. If not, make a run for it because for him, it's all about the money, and what the hell does love got do with that.

Sure that would be great.....I am sure you would have her pay him for all the repairs to the house and cars and up keep on the lawn.

I am sure she would still owe him money at the end of the year. As the cost of plumbers, electricians mechanics.....ECT will cost much more than a house keeper.

They sure did and it was less than 50 years ago that a woman would actually have a baby for a couple who weren't able to conceive by copulating with the woman's husband. Typically it was considered a gift, but nowadays men only think about their wallets so women should only think about their wallets too and charge the going rate for carrying a baby to full term, pain and suffering endured during labor and a gym membership to get her original shape back. So your wives gave you 2 children x $25,000 for each............maybe you wanna take that to court too.

This is the craziest shyt I have ever heard of. Please tell me this was a joke!

Charging the husband to have a child......Really .........wow!

Well in a perfect world it should be that way, but lots of times he wants sex and she doesn't...........so he should pay her for sex at the going rate of course, because she's doing something she really doesn't want to do.

So you are saying a wife is nothing but a prostitute?
I have heard it all!

You have issues that Dr Freud would have trouble sorting out!

If she still refuses, then he can pay for a prostitute and pay his wife the same sum of money for breaking the marriage contract every time he wants sex outside of the marriage. Ladies, this is how you handle men who only think about their wallets..........don't give anything away for free because they can only understand things if your translate it into dollars. Cha Ching Ring a Ding
Don't let the men stay stupid about this!

This is one of the most misandrist statements I have ever heard as well as demeaning to women!

Talk about stupid!

Good old Gene has had too much free stuff handed to him by women and that's how he got wealthy off the backs of women and maybe a few men. Ladies, don't be stupid about this, don't even give away a free kiss or a wink.

Good ole Gene got wealthy by making the best deal for himself he could. Working the record industry and concert tours.

Pray tell just how he made money off women?

Well, why not..........the man expects the woman to survive on $10,000 a year and raise x-many children of his children on zero dollars. Does Mr. ever check in to see if his kids are eating Kraft Dinner or good balanced meat, potatoe, vegetable and salad dinner................not fecking likely. After all, it's only his ass that counts after the relationship has ended. That was a sarcasm, in case you didn't know.

Nope that was misandry plain and simple.

Why don't you try it and you will find out how easy it is to find a job that you can be off work in time to pick up the kids from school and rush home to make them dinner and/or take them out to their extra-carricular activities. Negotiating housework with a husband is like pulling teeth from a dinosaur at time...........most women I've talked to say their husbands think they should sit on their arce until it's time to go to bed.

As Captain and I have said we and most of the men I know do at least half of the child rearing. So seeing as I have been married and have had kids would give me the advantage on how it actually works over you.

Do you believe everything your female friends/coworkers say. If so I have some land I would love to sell you as soon as the tide goes out. (Now that was sarcasm)

So NEVER marry again if it was such an awful experience, but remember that your forefathers created the institution of marriage. Women would never invent or create a stupid institution such as that or would they????..........I can't speak for all women, so you will just have to accept that as one woman's opinion.

Actually that was God that did that. After Adam let his wife drag him into sin. I agree with you I have no need to marry. It is not even on my list of things to do.

As I said I have been very happy since my divorce. I am in no way hurting for companionship. Either mentally or physically. So why should I offer half of my assets for what I have not for no cost?

Don't ask me to feel sorry for men, when they could walk away from his 10 children and wife who had no livelihood and/or no means of financial support to raise 10 children. She typically watched them die one by one, while Mr. wore his blindfolds to keep him from seeing reality. It still goes on if you take a closer look at South Africa.

Just because some men do this you convict all of us?

Hummmm What about the hundreds of mothers that kill their kids each year? Some for nothing more than the kids are standing in their way of a relationship.

You can crawl up on your misandrist soap box if you want just understand no one is buying what you are selling!
 chameleonf
Msg: 103
Posted: 5/17/2011 9:05:05 PM
You can crawl up on your misandrist soap box if you want just understand no one is buying what you are selling!

As a woman who actually lived the life, I'm certainly not buying such a horrendous, scathing depiction of men as husbands and fathers.

Pay a stay at home wife/mother for her housework and child rearing? It becomes her job, one she agreed to undertake. Normally, a person works outside of the home in order to afford a roof over their head, the clothes on their back, the food in their stomach, vacations, money to call their own, etc. and those same things for their children. The wage IS being paid...by the barter system. She certainly has a roof over her head, clothes on her back, food in her stomach, goes on vacations and the same applies to THEIR children (funny how the kids are always described in these rants as HER children and the men always walk away of their own accord).

I worked for 11 years, was a stay at home mother for 11 years of two kids who are one year apart in age, and have been self-employed for 17 years, 9 of which while I was still married with kids still at home. If I had a choice, between working outside the home, with or without children, or being a stay at home housewife and caregiver to our children, I'd definitely pick the latter. It's a cakewalk and a pleasure compared to the drudgery of being accountable to a boss, a clock and all else that goes with it.

I understand every person's experience is different, however. stories that are told by bitter women (or men) and believed in their entirety by equally bitter women (or men) who have felt they haven't received adequate compensation through divorce will resort very often (not always, of course) to embellishing their grievances for the sake of garnering sympathy to sooth their souls. To believe these stories to the point that men (or women) can be painted in such a broad brush way either shows the intelligence of the ones who believe these stories in their entirety or insults the intelligence of the people the stories are being relayed to. There's a reason for the phrase "there's her side of the story, his side of the story , and then there's the truth".

I'm sorry, but such a rant warrants, one would think, some kind of therapy, particularly if one isn't speaking from first hand experience. Wow, just wow!
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 104
Posted: 5/17/2011 9:18:50 PM

As a woman who actually lived the life, I'm certainly not buying such a horrendous, scathing depiction of men as husbands and fathers.

Thank you chameleon.

I have never said I was perfect I have my faults just as anyone else.
There are pros and cons on both sides of life....home/work.

The trick is working together to make it happen.

You are so right when you made the statement.

I'm sorry, but such a rant warrants, one would think, some kind of therapy, particularly if one isn't speaking from first hand experience. Wow, just wow!

Again thanks for the realistic view from a lady that has actually been there. Ladies like you give hope to us guys that really just want a nice lady to spend time with.
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 105
Posted: 5/17/2011 11:26:16 PM
MEN created marriage? Women had no desire for that?

Of course, throughout history men who became leaders of various religious groups/organizations created the institution of marriage. Originally and under the old laws of marriage, it was more judicially advantageous to males than females. So why would a woman desire marriage? Perhaps, it was their only means of survival back then and they were only allowed to work for and with their husbands, never outside of the home unless her husband agreed to it and she was required to give the money she earned to her husband. Why would a woman agree to such nonsense? Since the 1950's women have been divorcing their husbands in droves, because they can finally keep the money they earn and they don't have to be married to survive.

I ran a auto repair shop Monday-Friday. On the weekend I sold racing fuel at a race track. My children helped at both places. You don't know me and I resent you saying I couldn't do something I have already said I did.

I didn't say you couldn't do it, so you don't need to resent anything..........I said if you worked more than 12 hours a day, then your children were probably not very well taken care of. If you started work at 8:00 a.m., who helped the children get their breakfast and made sure they got to school and what about their lunch on school days. Who was there for them when they got home from school to make them dinner, be their confidante about social & educational matters? If you worked 12 hours a day, then you got home sometime after 8:00 p.m. which is usually about the time children go to bed on school days.

Sure that would be great.....I am sure you would have her pay him for all the repairs to the house and cars and up keep on the lawn.

Repairs to the house and cars are sporadic, maybe once every 6 months something needs doing and as for the lawn.......it's a bi-weekly task in my neck of the woods.

I am sure she would still owe him money at the end of the year. As the cost of plumbers, electricians mechanics.....ECT will cost much more than a house keeper.

Since cooking and cleaning typically take place on a daily basis.....
x-many hours times x-many dollars might add up to a bit more than the cost of the occasional plumber, electrician or mechanic. Sorry, my bad.......I don't know what the abbreviation ECT stands for.

This is the craziest shyt I have ever heard of. Please tell me this was a joke!

Charging the husband to have a child......Really .........wow!

Oh, it's no joke..........if Mr. wants a child, he should have to pay Mrs for the use of her body to accomodate Misters desire for a child. Women have typically done this for free, but men don't have any respect for things that are free, nor do they place value on it. I think it's very misogynist for men to expect a woman to carry a child to full-term for free. After all, you guys don't do plumbing and car repairs for free.

So you are saying a wife is nothing but a prostitute?
I have heard it all!

You have issues that Dr Freud would have trouble sorting out!

No, I am not saying that a wife is nothing but a prostitue...............but if her husband expects her to have sex when she doesn't want to, then he is treating her like a prostitute and he should pay her accordingly.........if she is only doing it to appease him. She could use the money for a day at the spa or in therapy because her husband is treating her like a prostitute. I think it is very misogynist for men to expect sex from their wife when she simply is not in the mood that day, because I am positive that men are not in the mood every day.

As Captain and I have said we and most of the men I know do at least half of the child rearing. So seeing as I have been married and have had kids would give me the advantage on how it actually works over you.

I am glad that you and Capitano did at least half of the child rearing, but by whose measuring stick was it half. Just because you have been married and had kids doesn't give you an advantage in knowing how things work over me. If you knew how things actually work, you would still be married to one of the two women you've already married.

Do you believe everything your female friends/coworkers say. If so I have some land I would love to sell you as soon as the tide goes out. (Now that was sarcasm)

Yes, I do believe what they tell me about their past relationships.............they have nothing to gain by lying to me.(Now that's not sarcasm)

Actually that was God that did that. After Adam let his wife drag him into sin. I agree with you I have no need to marry. It is not even on my list of things to do.

More religious dogma, if God created marriage then he must have created the institution of divorce too.
How do we know that Adam didn't lead Eve into sin? It's all about our perception of things, but the churches have done a very good job of brain-washing most of the human race. How about just being a decent human being who respects all things and recognizes the value of the simplest things we have been offered in life and showing some appreciation for them?

Just because some men do this you convict all of us?

I don't convict all men, after all I have a great father, a wonderful brother and a grandfather that I spent many treasured hours with until he passed away. But, I know the hearts of evil men very well.

Hummmm What about the hundreds of mothers that kill their kids each year? Some for nothing more than the kids are standing in their way of a relationship.

I agree, I know the hearts of evil women very well, as well.

But I'm not trying to sell anyone anything, so keep your money in your wallets...........I don't want your money, nor do I need it. As far what I write in this forum, it's also your choice if you want to read it and/or respond to it. It's just a matter of observation and opinion.
 mrcs84
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2011 7:17:33 AM
Since the 1950's women have been divorcing their husbands in droves, because they can finally keep the money they earn and they don't have to be married to survive.

And yet, the pressure to -get- married is still coming predominantly from women.

Mr. wants a child, he should have to pay Mrs for the use of her body to accomodate Misters desire for a child. Women have typically done this for free, but men don't have any respect for things that are free, nor do they place value on it. I think it's very misogynist for men to expect a woman to carry a child to full-term for free. After all, you guys don't do plumbing and car repairs for free.

If a man wants a child, he is 100% at the mercy of the woman he's fvcking. If a woman gives birth, she most certainly CHOSE to have that child. She wasn't coerced into it. Now you think women should get compensation for something that was completely at their discretion?

More religious dogma, if God created marriage then he must have created the institution of divorce too.

Matthew 5:31-32
“It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’[a] 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery."

Divorce was only to be allowed in the case of adultery. Otherwise, marriage was still meant to be "til death do us part."

I said if you worked more than 12 hours a day, then your children were probably not very well taken care of.

Kinda makes me wonder if you feel the same about those moms who are working -and- going to school.

happybunny8
Msg: 107
Posted: 5/18/2011 7:54:33 AM

Actually, one doesn't even need to have had the experience. I've lived with children all my life and had a stay at home mom. I also know MANY stay at home moms from my high school years and know about their day to day (facebook). Many are at the spa, going on vacations etc. My mom never did any of those things :(

The perfect world would allow one parent to work half a week and be with the kids the other half, but alas we don't live in that world and most people are not willing to sacrifice to do this. I still think it's cool to have a parent at home, but the reality of the world is very different.

And yet, the pressure to -get- married is still coming predominantly from women.

The pressure to form a relationship/get married always came from men in my case. I was never in a rush to commit, I don't like pushing people into things and I don't need to do something just because the Joneses are doing it. It seemingly had the opposite effect in making men want to commit to me! Or maybe it was just the type I dated. They had worse biological clocks than I did LOL.

I've seen couples make it work without being married (I think they are into their 22nd year now) and couples make it being married. The marriage has nothing to do with keeping a couple together. A commitment is a commitment and a paper or cited words do not make it so.
 abelian
Msg: 108
Posted: 5/18/2011 8:12:30 AM

If a man wants a child, he is 100% at the mercy of the woman he's fvcking.

The obvious answer to even the most casual observer is to f*ck women who want children if you want children. I realize that might require a few conversations before getting married or even getting too involved with someone, but that seems more efficient and less frustrating than just f*cking and being puzzled over why no kids have popped out (or why kids keep popping out.)

Matthew 5:31-32
“It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce.’[a] 32 But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery."

Divorce was only to be allowed in the case of adultery. Otherwise, marriage was still meant to be "til death do us part."

Well then, you should be willing to just let god deal with her if she surprises you and files for divorce for some other reason, because matthew is not going to fly as a legal argument in a coutroom here on earth. Just be happy in your own self-righteousness knowing that god will punish her after she punts.
 mrcs84
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2011 8:45:48 AM

The obvious answer to even the most casual observer is to f*ck women who want children if you want children.

Sure, but she shouldn't be charging a fee for the use of her body, especially when she also wants children.

Well then, you should be willing to just let god deal with her if she surprises you and files for divorce for some other reason, because matthew is not going to fly as a legal argument in a coutroom here on earth. Just be happy in your own self-righteousness knowing that god will punish her after she punts.

I was just pointing out that -yes- divorce was talked about in the Bible, but it wasn't meant to be used with the impunity that it is used today. At any rate, these historical "facts" that Razzle keeps bringing up have little relevance to today.
 abelian
Msg: 110
Posted: 5/18/2011 8:53:49 AM

Sure, but she shouldn't be charging a fee for the use of her body, especially when she also wants children.

Why not? I do work that I like doing and I charge money for it. If you ask most people, getting paid to do something you want to do is the ideal job and if she can get someone to pay a fee for that, why not? Just don't pay the fee and you won't be affected.
 mrcs84
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2011 9:14:39 AM
Why not? I do work that I like doing and I charge money for it. If you ask most people, getting paid to do something you want to do is the ideal job and if she can get someone to pay a fee for that, why not? Just don't pay the fee and you won't be affected.

If you want to go that route, then the man should charge the woman for "supplies," and the woman should be charging the child seeing how the child is "employer" (as well as the "product," interestingly) that she is doing all of the work for.
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 112
Posted: 5/18/2011 9:42:39 AM
Firstly, let me assure you, and my co-workers without a doubt would attest to this as well....................My Disgust for the human race is not gender specific and you could say that I am an equal opportunity hater of the human race jointly and collectively, especially the ones who talk and act like complete idiots and it wouldn't matter to me if your skin color was white, black, yellow or red. Now that's equal opportunity at it's finest.

Before the time of national birth control programs, men and women were popping out children like they were a freaking "Pez" machine and children for the most part had a horrible life. Churches, religious organizations encouraged married couples to have huge families even if they couldn't comfortably provide for them............they weren't allowed to use any form of birth control and this practice still continues in certain societies/countries. Especially in South Africa, there is no respect for children or the women who have them and the men continue to rape women, which creates even more unwanted children. The men use their penis like it's a freaking "Pez" machine with no regard for the caos they are creating.

In my neck of the woods, there was a specific breed of dog that was once very popular
for families to have. At one point in history, there were thousands of them and they were treated cruelly by the human race, but there wasn't an over-abundance of the dog.

So breeders kept the blood lines of the dog pure and began to slowly re-populate the breed. The dog is highly prized by some people and they are willing to spend a small fortune to have such a fine animal in their possession.

My point is, that if women charged men a substantial sum of money to carry their child to full-term, men might have a hell of a lot more respect for children and women, and that would be a good thing. Additionally, if men didn't give it away for free all the time.......women might have a great deal more respect for them.

So everybody, hang on to your wallets.

Because, money ain't worth shyte when comes to being a decent and moral human being.
 chameleonf
Msg: 113
Posted: 5/18/2011 10:24:16 AM
So misanthropy is the self-stated reason behind the rant against men (and apparently now women, even though women were largely excluded from the original rant). This explains a lot. The philosophy behind misanthropy doesn't paint a pretty picture of the person with such a mindset and, going back to the OP, it's definitely a good reason not to get married to such an individual, legally or common-law or any other variation of relationship.
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 114
Posted: 5/18/2011 11:06:39 AM

The philosophy behind misanthropy doesn't paint a pretty picture of the person with such a mindset and, going back to the OP, it's definitely a good reason not to get married to such an individual, legally or common-law or any other variation of relationship.

The philosophy behind a misogynist who cloaks herself and hides behind the face of a woman doesn't paint a pretty picture of herself either and going back to the OP, it's definately a good reason not to get married to such an individual, legally or common-law or any other variation of relationship.

Although I respect your opinion........I myself have no desire to become entrapped in the ridiculous institution of marriage and/or divorce. So stick that in your peace-pipe and smoke on it for a while.
 chameleonf
Msg: 115
Posted: 5/18/2011 11:31:11 AM
The philosophy behind a misogynist who cloaks herself and hides behind the face of a woman doesn't paint a pretty picture of herself either ...yadda yadda

Now that's just funny right thar! Because I point out an unjustifiable rant towards men that's been made in a sweeping, broad-brushed manner, I'm suddenly a misogynist. I don't see where I have self-described myself as hating women, however, there are those women who do automatically take that view if a person is perceived to be "taking sides" and not jumping on the gender bandwagon. I prefer to base my judgements on the individual views of a person, not the gender of same...but nice try. I'm sorry, but I will have to admit that I do not respect your opinion in like kind, as politically correct as it would have been to have stated otherwise.
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 116
Posted: 5/18/2011 12:28:55 PM
I don't see where I have self-described myself as hating women

Do you really think you have to describe yourself as a misogynist before other people can see your cloarking act...................please go find someone elses bum to massage, because I'm not buying it and I wouldn't give you 50 cents for that act.

I'm sorry, but I will have to admit that I do not respect your opinion in like kind, as politically correct as it would have been to have stated otherwise.

No need to apologize........we can simply agree to disagree and I won't read or respond to any more of your posts. You are on my list of people to ignore.

Now I know that women like to have the last word in, so be my guest...........get your last word in and put me on your list of people to ignore.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 117
Posted: 5/18/2011 12:47:04 PM

Since the 1950's women have been divorcing their husbands in droves, because they can finally keep the money they earn and they don't have to be married to survive.

You mean the money that the husband earns. W/o that they would be no advantage for the women to divorce them in droves. Which is correct as 80% of divorce is started by the woman.

.I said if you worked more than 12 hours a day, then your children were probably not very well taken care of. If you started work at 8:00 a.m., who helped the children get their breakfast and made sure they got to school and what about their lunch on school days.

The business opened at 8 am. You have to start earlier to get ready for the day. Of course you probably just pop out of bed straight into your work!

What because I am a man I can't get the children ready for their day? I was up at 5 am getting myself and the kids ready.

Lunch for them was at school I know you may not be privy to that info but surprise they have lunch at school......remember way back there was a big room called a lunch room when you went to school!

Who was there for them when they got home from school to make them dinner, be their confidante about social & educational matters? If you worked 12 hours a day, then you got home sometime after 8:00 p.m. which is usually about the time children go to bed on school days.

Didn't work 12 hours a day that was you assuming. and you know what happens when you assume.

They rode the bus to my shop where I had desks set up for them to do their home work. I had plenty of time between customers to help them on that.

After that they could play out back till 5 pm when we went home to start supper which I normally helped with.

The kids would clear the table and then get ready for bed and watching tv and the sort.

Each emotional problem was handled as needed by the parent at hand......Normally me!

Now that you have my schedule that my family followed you can see I could and did do a great job raising them BTW the daughter is in nursing school and my son is acing welding school.

Proud of both and they will tell you their father was the main support in their lives.

Repairs to the house and cars are sporadic, maybe once every 6 months something needs doing and as for the lawn.......it's a bi-weekly task in my neck of the woods.

Weekly down here except a couple of the coldest months.....which brings up winterizing the house.....which she would also have to divvy up money to him for.

And while the car and house repairs are less frequent when they do happen the price is exorbitant.
Just the cost of upkeep on a car would offset the price of a housekeeper. The other things would be owed to him by her in your twisted world of your logic.

Since cooking and cleaning typically take place on a daily basis.....
x-many hours times x-many dollars might add up to a bit more than the cost of the occasional plumber, electrician or mechanic. Sorry, my bad.......I don't know what the abbreviation ECT stands for.

I addressed most of this above.

It doesn't surprise me you don't know what ECT stands for......Excreta as in other things that can go on and on but room in the text doesn't allow for.
See even you can learn something!

Oh, it's no joke..........if Mr. wants a child, he should have to pay Mrs for the use of her body to accomodate Misters desire for a child. Women have typically done this for free, but men don't have any respect for things that are free, nor do they place value on it. I think it's very misogynist for men to expect a woman to carry a child to full-term for free. After all, you guys don't do plumbing and car repairs for free.

So the guy charges the same price for his sperm as she does to carry the child.....as she could not be pregnant w/o his sperm.
Also using your logic if she goes outside of the marriage to get pregnant she should pay him the cost of a gigolo times 2 the cost of his sperm times two and the cost of child support times two.

That would only be fair according to your standards.....BTW over 20% of children born in a marriage is fathered by some one other than the husband.

So by your standards women world wide would owe men trillions in payments that you demand!

I am glad that you and Capitano did at least half of the child rearing, but by whose measuring stick was it half. Just because you have been married and had kids doesn't give you an advantage in knowing how things work over me. If you knew how things actually work, you would still be married to one of the two women you've already married.

You really don't know me at all! Both of my ex's were let penniless in the divorce's from me. They both cheated and In GA (lived there then) they allow adultery as a ground.

As far as a measuring stick I did most of the rearing of the kids from birth on!

In the almost 4 years since my divorce I could have been married to at least 10 different women.......I can say unequivocally that there are more women looking for marriage than men.....a lot more.

So while your rants are good for laughs they are not based in the real word.

Yes, I do believe what they tell me about their past relationships.............they have nothing to gain by lying to me.(Now that's not sarcasm)

Wow you have a lot to learn! Anytime a breakup happens each side will add a little to the pain and how horrid the other was.

If you believe them you are the biggest sucker I have ever met! ROTFLOBO!

I don't convict all men, after all I have a great father, a wonderful brother and a grandfather that I spent many treasured hours with until he passed away. But, I know the hearts of evil men very well.

The heart of a woman can be even eviler than a man.....You have never heard the phrase hell hath no fury as a man scorned!

Nope that privilege goes to women.

But I'm not trying to sell anyone anything, so keep your money in your wallets...........I don't want your money, nor do I need it. As far what I write in this forum, it's also your choice if you want to read it and/or respond to it. It's just a matter of observation and opinion.

Selling is just a term for the hateful spew you are posting.
You are a sad person I am glad I don't have the misfortune of knowing personally.

As far as responding I never pass up the chance of shooting fish in a barrel......Even if the bullet misses the fish the shock wave kills them!

Fire a torpedo of truth at a wall of lies!
 rearguard*2
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2011 12:53:04 PM
I find the idea that men don't pay to have their children quite hilarious in the context of today. I happen to have friends that did not have children, and I ride in their BMWs to their luxury condos and enjoy the pleasures of their lavish lifestyles. Myself, I eek out a life in the suburbs with careful planning as to how to cover the bills of my childrens' educations, etc......
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 119
Posted: 5/18/2011 8:11:47 PM
You mean the money that the husband earns. W/o that they would be no advantage for the women to divorce them in droves. Which is correct as 80% of divorce is started by the woman.

The women I know who have divorced have typically done so, due to mental, emotional and/or physical abuse.............in all cases, it was never about the money. Money can be replaced, but when one looses their sense of identity as a result of being married to an abusive person...........self-worth is not so easily re-gained and sometimes requires professional help.

Lunch for them was at school I know you may not be privy to that info but surprise they have lunch at school......remember way back there was a big room called a lunch room when you went to school!

Of course I remember the lunch room when I went to primary school, but I've heard the lunch programs in schools today are causing obesity in children as a result of too much sugar/carbohydrates.

Didn't work 12 hours a day that was you assuming. and you know what happens when you assume.

I didn't assume it, I asked it in a clear sentence with a question mark at the end of it.

Now that you have my schedule that my family followed you can see I could and did do a great job raising them BTW the daughter is in nursing school and my son is acing welding school.

That is excellent!

And while the car and house repairs are less frequent when they do happen the price is exorbitant.
Just the cost of upkeep on a car would offset the price of a housekeeper.

How old is the house and car????........ must be pretty old if it offsets the price of a housekeeper.

It doesn't surprise me you don't know what ECT stands for......Excreta as in other things that can go on and on but room in the text doesn't allow for.
See even you can learn something!

Excreta!!!!! You must mean etcetera, which in Canada is abbreviated as follows: etc
See even you can learn something

So the guy charges the same price for his sperm as she does to carry the child.....as she could not be pregnant w/o his sperm.

The man charges the same price for his sperm as a woman who carries a child to full-term. That's a laugh..........time is a valuable commodity and your comparing 20 minutes of what a man does that typically gives him pleasure verses 9 months of what a woman does and it typically gives her pain and sometimes causes death. At those prices, men can keep their sperm and I'll keep my money in My wallet. Even in the dog breeding world.........it's usually a 75/25 split. 75% to the owners of the female and 25% of the take goes to the owners of the male.

In the almost 4 years since my divorce I could have been married to at least 10 different women.......I can say unequivocally that there are more women looking for marriage than men.....a lot more.

Hmm, I wonder why..........because in my neck of the woods more men want to get married than women, or at least that's been my experience and the experience of some of my friends.

Wow you have a lot to learn! Anytime a breakup happens each side will add a little to the pain and how horrid the other was.

Is that what you did when you told your friends about your breakup? I don't usually stay in a friendship if I find out they have lied or embelished something they have told me and my forever friends know that.

Selling is just a term for the hateful spew you are posting.
You are a sad person I am glad I don't have the misfortune of knowing personally.

Likewise and you might want to stay on your own side of border because we don't take kindly to gun-toting cowboys up here in Canada.

Fire a torpedo of truth at a wall of lies!

That's the only thing you've written in this post that is really worth reading, so thanks for that. Here's another torpedo of truth....................................
Both Time and Money are Valuable Commodities, so if you meet a gold-digger of your time, insist they pay you some money for your time.............if you meet a gold-digger of your money, insist they give you their time.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 120
Posted: 5/18/2011 9:35:52 PM

The women I know who have divorced have typically done so, due to mental, emotional and/or physical abuse.............in all cases, it was never about the money. Money can be replaced, but when one looses their sense of identity as a result of being married to an abusive person...........self-worth is not so easily re-gained and sometimes requires professional help.

Humm I know of 6 divorces besides mine that I was close enough to to know the truth.

Out of the 6......5 of them were caused by the women cheating. One the man cheated.

The women all filed first and within 2 years everyone of them tried to get their old hubby back.

Guess the grass was not nearly as green as they thought on the other side of the fence.

Your talk sounds great but as said before it doesn't add up to reality.

Of course I remember the lunch room when I went to primary school, but I've heard the lunch programs in schools today are causing obesity in children as a result of too much sugar/carbohydrates.

Well down here the meals are much more healthy. My son even today is 6% body fat and sports a six pack.
My daughter has had two boys and is a size 3.
See I taught them how to eat right too.

How old is the house and car????........ must be pretty old if it offsets the price of a housekeeper.

Just a detail job to clean a car as it should can run over 100.00 bucks.
Not to mention the actual up keep of the car.

As far as meals I cooked most of the time anyway.
Why pay big money for something so easy to do.

Sorry but the fact is most men can do things that pay much more than housekeeping. And if your going to keep a tab on each the man will win out most of the time.

The man charges the same price for his sperm as a woman who carries a child to full-term. That's a laugh..........time is a valuable commodity and your comparing 20 minutes of what a man does that typically gives him pleasure verses 9 months of what a woman does and it typically gives her pain and sometimes causes death. At those prices, men can keep their sperm and I'll keep my money in My wallet. Even in the dog breeding world.........it's usually a 75/25 split. 75% to the owners of the female and 25% of the take goes to the owners of the male.

That is strange as I have a friend that breeds horses. He makes a bundle off of stud fees never heard him say he made a dime off mare fees! They are there just to breed so the blood line of the breeding male will go on.

I also know a few dog breeders they talk about stud fees as well.

Now lets talk humans....I've heard of sperm banks but never egg banks.
True women can have their eggs frozen for future use but there is not a market for eggs like there is for sperm.

Which brings up the fact women are paying men they don't even know for sperm to have babies. However men are NOT paying for eggs......So who is the gender wanting babies?

You see supply and demand will always show the facts......The facts is women will pay men for sperm yet men will NOT pay women for eggs.

So the free market shows the fallacy of your logic.

Hmm, I wonder why..........because in my neck of the woods more men want to get married than women, or at least that's been my experience and the experience of some of my friends.

Seems your "experience" is always 180 degrees from what most post on here as real life.
Wonder why that is?

Is that what you did when you told your friends about your breakup? I don't usually stay in a friendship if I find out they have lied or embelished something they have told me and my forever friends know that.

Nope didn't have to the cheaters were bad enough. However they tried to smear me. I even had to threaten one with litigation.
I know I have have the guilty parties of both genders try to make themselves look better,,,,Knowing they were lying.

Likewise and you might want to stay on your own side of border because we don't take kindly to gun-toting cowboys up here in Canada.

Trust me when I say you don't have to worry. There is nothing above the mason Dixon line that I want....Atlanta is way to far north for me.

Y'all are way to liberal for me.

That's the only thing you've written in this post that is really worth reading, so thanks for that. Here's another torpedo of truth....................................
Both Time and Money are Valuable Commodities, so if you meet a gold-digger of your time, insist they pay you some money for your time.............if you meet a gold-digger of your money, insist they give you their time.

Got better advise for ya.....if you meet a gold digger of either run!!!!!!
 sewfine
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 5/19/2011 12:37:26 PM
OK here goes.... I read this thread and I couldn't believe some of the things written here.
I have been married for almost 26 years. Legally separated for over 11 years. I got married, because I loved him and wanted to have a family. Imagine my amazement when I found out after 10 years of marriage that my husband who is a clinical physiologist was a compulsive gambler and forged my signature on both our half a million dollar insurance plans ... money that was left to me by my late father... my home was refinanced without my knowledge. We had to sell a second home that my brother and father renovated and added a second floor too. In the early years of our marriage I lived in a 3 room apartment for 10 years waited 7 years to have a child and worked 2 jobs to afford my husband's school tuition at NYU. In the early years I made more than him and gladly just handed over my paychecks for him to handle the bills. My mistake. Let's throw in his penchant for porno and gentlemen clubs too! I wouldn't have even minded if he would have come home and banged his wife, who was all too willing. Now you may be thinking ... well she probably let herself go... that's why he didn't want her. NOT! 28 years later I am still the same size as he met me!!!! I found out... for some men it is easier to relate to a woman who is just a fantasy ... than a real woman. Which seems to be an ailment for alot of men out there. Ok so why I am I writing this... you ask? After almost suffering a complete nervous breakdown and being put on anti depressants for a year.... I decided I didn't want to live the second half of my life being bitter and angry. I knew he had a disease and he didn't do it to me personally because he didn't love me. I believed he loved me but his disease was more powerful than even he could imagine. We don't have the choice sometimes what happens in our lives... but we certainly have the choice how we handle it. At the time I decided to divorce my husband .... upon returning home from a vacation I threw my suitcases into an apartment in our home that was empty ( separate entrances and driveways) and told him do whatever the hell he wanted ... just make sure the mortgage and household bills are paid. I told him I would take nothing else from him and we would raise our only child amicably with the least repercussions if he were to get help. At my daughters school events... whomever got there first would save the seat next to them for the other parent. We celebrated her birthdays... her milestones... and events together. Not for us... but for the wonderful gift that we received from our union together. Today that gift is a beautiful well adjusted young woman who is in the accelerated law program studying to be a divorce attorney with the hope of helping other people have healthier divorces for the sake of the children. What child wants to see the 2 people they love the most... at each others throats? When you die you think people are going to remember you for the house you lived in or the car you drove... or will it be how you touched their lives? At the time of our separation on top of everything I had cancer. My father had died at 64 from a sudden massive heart attack... and my brother passed at 43 to cancer.
My husband said to me ( I was his 2nd wife and he only had 1 child with me) I will never marry again ... you need my medical insurance so we will stay married in the event that something happens to me ... you and my daughter will be provided for and you will receive both my pension plans that would go to the state if he never remarried. Ensuring my future meant that he was ensuring my daughter's future as well. I did have a boyfriend for 9 years and moved down the street ( both my loves I met as neighbors )
I lived with him for 7 years until I began to feel like a live in housekeeper. I felt why should I live with a man.... help him pay his mortgage, cook his meals, laundry, gardening, cleaning etc. when I could live in my cute apartment with a fireplace and pool in the backyard and take my money that I contributed to his resident and pay down the mortgage to my own house that I own or travel or do whatever I want ... when I want. In other words I didn't want the wifework. When a woman gets married her free time goes way down... while the man's free time goes way up! So yes... I moved back to the house with my husband ( haven't had sex in 11 years and he has a very nice girlfriend for the past 8 years) where I pay nothing have my freedom... great heat hot water... internet.. and cable!!! LOL He gets to keep his 100,000 + salary got to be around his daughter all the time and everyone is happy!!!!! The kid had both her parents who weren't angry and bitter and Michael and I still consider each other as friends and family!
Win Win for everyone. Don't you just love happy endings!!!!
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 122
Posted: 5/19/2011 2:35:20 PM

They sure did and it was less than 50 years ago that a woman would actually have a baby for a couple who weren't able to conceive by copulating with the woman's husband. Typically it was considered a gift, but nowadays men only think about their wallets so women should only think about their wallets too and charge the going rate for carrying a baby to full term, pain and suffering endured during labor and a gym membership to get her original shape back. So your wives gave you 2 children x $25,000 for each............maybe you wanna take that to court too.

This is some crazy talk, charging to have babies? Seriously? Women have no choice in having babies? Come on now. It takes 2 to make a baby.
If thats the case it could be just as easy for men to charge for sperm and all the late night runs to buy pickles and ice-cream, lmao.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 123
Posted: 5/21/2011 10:38:41 AM
Don't know, Sweetness. . . . When having a baby actually risks a man's life, or makes his leg go numb, or raises his bp or sugar, or makes him throw up everyday for eight months, or puts him into 22 hours of labor. . . . My sense is that donating sperm, however it is done, causes him a good deal of pleasure. And, the father of my kids never woke once during the night to feed em, or change a diaper, or wash strained carrots off of their faces, or did one blessed thing but read them bedtime stories when they were presented to him after baths in clean jammies. Until AFTER the divorce, when he discovered what actual parenting consisted of, lol!

cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 124
Posted: 5/21/2011 11:27:38 AM

And, the father of my kids never woke once during the night to feed em, or change a diaper, or wash strained carrots off of their faces, or did one blessed thing but read them bedtime stories when they were presented to him after baths in clean jammies. Until AFTER the divorce, when he discovered what actual parenting consisted of, lol!

That is strange because I was always the one up in the middle of the night with mine. Neither one of the mothers would even roll over when they cried. Heck I even done most of the feeding/diaper changes during the waking hours as well!

I know my picker was broken it wasn't their fault they were not good mothers it was my fault for picking wrong!
 NewToTN9
Msg: 125
Posted: 5/21/2011 2:05:58 PM
How does the man benefit?

He doesn't.

How does the woman benefit?

It bankrolls her desire for children, enables work flexibility, and a subsidized standard of living. Note: there are exceptions but generally this holds true.

Can these benefits be obtained without getting financially and legally entangled (i.e. formal marriage in the legal sense)?

Sure, its called a relationship. No need to sign a contract to form those.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What Are The Reasons For Getting Legally Married?