Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What Are The Reasons For Getting Legally Married?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 x_file
Msg: 151
What Are The Reasons For Getting Legally Married?Page 7 of 32    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32)

The 25 year old man has created a situation of dependency, whereby the 18 year old woman couldn't support herself fully and she could not survive independently from him.

That's exactly it. He has created a situation of dependency! There is no way that she has created a situation of dependency. She's absolutely not responsible for her choices or situation she finds her self in.

What a load of crap. Horseshit on a stick.

Divorce law takes this all into consideration, especially since the man has assumed responsibility for the woman.

One word for you: ADULT

Relationships and marriage are not about assuming responsibility for the woman - she's not a f*cking retarded money that needs a looking after.

Slave laws took into consideration how many slaves you can have. There will be day when divorce laws will becomes like slave laws - a relic of the past. Not that I'm making any connections between slaves laws and divorce laws. Men are not women's slaves, right?

After 2 or 3 years, she probably would have enough marketable skills to earn far more than minimum wage.

It just goes to show you how f*cking retarded most men are . Most pay (slave) for the mistakes of a woman, for sacrifices a woman MIGHT have made and elect politicians who make laws to make sure men do continue to pay for the mistakes or "future sacrifices" a woman might have made.

Most men are gay! They have to be! For they elect politicians with 19" law-d*ck who f*ck them up the ass - and some don't like it, but do nothing comes election time.

Your daily sales are dropping significantly and it's having a significant impact on your ability to earn a living in the same fashion that you were accustomed to.

This bullshit "accustomed to" logic needs a serious review.

Surely if I have to provide cash or services to her because she's accustomed to a lifestyle, she too has to provide cash or services to me because I'm accustomed to a lifestyle.

X-wifes have to pay for hookers for their x-husbands! The logic here is simple.

A husband got accustomed to having sex during the relationship, so the x-wife has to pay for it. Surely a certain level of sex comes with a certain lifestyle, and a certain lifestyle comes with a certain level of sex.

The idea that just because someone is accustomed to something he or she has to be compensated when such custom is not bestowed upon them, really gets on my nerves. This idea applies NOWHERE ELSE but when it comes to women.

And what is really retarded is that no one, with the exception of few women, believes he or she has to cater to someone because that someone is accustomed to something. Nowhere in nature can you find such an idea expressing itself.

Even at the very core of being, of existence, this idea fails. Surely people are accustomed to living, yet they die. Nature provides no compensation for customs, and thus nor should men to women, or anyone else to anyone else.

If you are costumed to something, rather than demanding it from someone else, go and earn it yourself.

And if you don't want to, then just like you learned to be accustomed to X, learn how to be accustomed to Y.

If women can't, then men should start asking for p*ssy payments... and no I'm not talking about vagina-money which, if you try, does rhyme with alimony.

Capitano_Blaugh you are my hero - a soldier of truth.
 4ms4me
Msg: 152
view profile
History
What Are The Reasons For Getting Legally Married?
Posted: 5/23/2011 10:03:02 AM

Yes why should the person earning more have to subsidize the lower earner AFTER the relationship is OVER?

I think in some cases, support can be justified. I also think that in most cases such support shouldn't last more than a couple of years and require that the receiver be actively working toward improving their economic situation, whether that be looking for a job or taking upgrading to improve their current skills. The point being to get them financially independent as soon as possible.

Of course, if kids are involved I think both parents need to contribute to their care and that the one who is paying the child support shouldn't view that money as being secret spousal support.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 153
Posted: 5/23/2011 10:29:11 AM

I think in some cases, support can be justified. I also think that in most cases such support shouldn't last more than a couple of years and require that the receiver be actively working toward improving their economic situation, whether that be looking for a job or taking upgrading to improve their current skills. The point being to get them financially independent as soon as possible.

As opposed to have been already able to do the same while in the marriage?

it would be much easier and cheaper to acquire the needed education while married where the spouse can help.

If they didn't have enough drive to support themselves while married do you really think they will after divorce?

Again this is about living off another person not a lifestyle. If that was the case they would bootstrap themselves and earn their own living.

Of course, if kids are involved I think both parents need to contribute to their care and that the one who is paying the child support shouldn't view that money as being secret spousal support.

Really?

I had custody of both my children with no support paid to me from the mothers.

I had been paying support to them and when I got custody I simply paid the same amount into an account to see how much was needed to support the kids.

After a year I quit as I had enough extra money in the account to pay for a extended vacation in Europe.....That was AFTER all the children's needs were met out of the account.

Any way you slice it child support figured off today's standards is back door alimony!

The standard in GA where I lived when I paid c/s is around 29% of gross.

Lets do a $100,000.00 a year deal.

That would be $29,000.00 of tax free money for one child.

lets say that there will be 15 years of c/s until the child reaches 18.....15 X $29,000.00 = $435,000.00

No way does it cost that much to care for a child!

So the math shows the fallacy in your statement.
 Maleman999
Msg: 154
Posted: 5/23/2011 10:38:07 AM
I was the best financial decision my ex ever made.

LOL. Ain't that the truth. Men are called visual creatures because most men want a good looking (non neanderthal) woman. Women are just as visual, except many also visualize the lifestyle that they want and try to find a man that can sustain their lifestyle choices-both during marriage and after the marriage ends. Not many guys are going to choose a life mate mainly based on a woman's income. The Kevin Federline's and Cher's boy toys are the exception to the rule.

I think I have the story of all stories concerning an ex trying to take the ex to the cleaners financially.

Before my ex disappeared, I was out of work for almost a year and being in a recession, finding another job was next to impossible. I was out every day pounding the pavement handing out and mailing resumes. My unemployment insurance had run out, so now I had zero income. My ex had a good high paying job, so we had to rely on her pay alone. As a side note: in her mind, paying bills was never a priority and not her job. Shopping was her number one priority. Quoting her words: "Making money to pay bills is a man's job. Money I make is to be used on me." But that's another story.

Fast forward to when she left and moved in with another guy. She started the divorce procedures and had a long list of demands that her and her lawyer drew up. One of her demands was that I pay her spousal support. WTF! I had zero income at that time, and she was making about 60 grand a year, plus she was living with a guy who was working. I would have gladly given her 50, 60, or 100 percent of my income at that time. Let's see: 50 or even 100 percent of zero is what you get. But they specified a monetary value for her to maintain her lifestyle. It wasn't shot down right away in court, but my lawyer and I were able to convince the judge that it would be difficult for me to supply her with that amount of money, and of course, I came back with the same demand. But that too is another story.
 x_file
Msg: 155
Posted: 5/23/2011 11:04:30 AM

My unemployment insurance had run out, so now I had zero income.

You should have went to the judge and said:

You mother f*cker gave my x-wife this and that because she was accustomed to it and had me pay for it. Well, I'm was accustomed to having a job and having cash in my pocket! Now I have neither. Where's my compensation? Unemployment you said? Listen dirty old f*ck, my x-wife's rich in my wallet, unlikely unemployment, has no expiry date!

Seriously, without the pretty language, I wish someone went to court and made that case, and based on the alimony arguments have the government support this person for the rest of their life. Hopefully it is someone who was making at least $1,000,000 per year. And once one person succeeds, we all go and do that.

If unemployment requires you to look for a job and submit so many resumes per month, x-hubs should be able to demand their x-wife to submit resumes for a new husband.
 4ms4me
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2011 11:51:05 AM

As opposed to have been already able to do the same while in the marriage?

What do you expect, exactly? A cookie-cutter solution for absolutely every possible scenario? As long as there are men and women who are too stupid to be reasonable and fair upon the dissolution of a relationship and courts have to step in, someone is not going to be happy. I think there needs to be some changes made in the system as it stands, but I doubt it will ever satisfy everyone, every time.

So the math shows the fallacy in your statement.

You attempted to disprove something I didn't say.
In any case - in my neck of the woods, the cs calculations are approximately as follows:
For income at $50,000 per year,
1 kid - 11%
2 kids - 18%
3 kids - 24%
For income at 250,000 per year,
1 kid - 10%
2 kids - 15%
3 kids - 20%

I can certainly see for that lower-income people with more than one kid the rates result in a pretty big chunk out of one's income. On the other hand, how many of those people feel they are capable of making a $3-400 car payment per month, while biatching about the cs they pay? I know at least one who does that, he regularly misses the child support payment, yet continues to drive his big fancy truck. Eventually, he'll have his wage garnisheed - and then he'll really be able to complain about how "greedy" his ex is and how unfair the system. In the meantime, she and their two kids currently live on about $17,000 p/year, excluding his sporadic support payments. She does not have a vehicle.

I can't comment on whether cs rates are fair: I assume someone more knowledgeable than me took a look at the figures and made some determination based on the welfare of the children rather than the convenience of the non-custodial parent.

Anyway, the majority of parents do pay their child support, despite the financial hardship they may have to suffer. Kudos to them.
 4ms4me
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2011 12:01:39 PM

Quoting her words: "Making money to pay bills is a man's job. Money I make is to be used on me." But that's another story.

Lately I watched an episode of "at the end of my leash", in which a woman admitted she used sex and manipulation to convince her live-in BF to get a dog he didn't want, and had no intention of taking care of the dog (walking, training, etc), even though she promised she would. She fully intended to pass that responsibility on to him. During the show, she promised she'd stop using sex and manipulation to get her way, so in the end he proposed to her. All I could think was ... What a schmuck! (and when will I see him on POF, crying about the Evil of Women!)

But it's awfully human to ignore those sorts of red flags ... I ignored them when I first got together with my last ex, and I paid in the end. So uh ... people shouldn't be surprised when they get what they knew was coming, so to speak.

I came back with the same demand. But that too is another story.

Honestly, I hope you got some spousal support till you were back on your feet. I suspect it didn't happen, by what you've said, but things are slowly changing and men are being awarded spousal and child support more often. I'm convinced that the laws are lagging behind the changes in society - and that things will become more equitable.
 viper1j
Msg: 158
Posted: 5/23/2011 12:06:27 PM

It is the same concept when for example a 25 year old man marries an 18 year old woman who has never lived away from home. The woman's parents insist their daughter should continue her education into post-secondary studies, but the couple wishes to marry right away. The 25 year old man has some seniority in the workforce, but she has none and she starts working for WalMart at minimum wage after they marry. The 25 year old man has created a situation of dependency, whereby the 18 year old woman couldn't support herself fully and she could not survive independently from him. Divorce law takes this all into consideration, especially since the man has assumed responsibility for the woman.

Seems reasonable.. But only if the 18 year old woman is willing to acknowledge that she got the 25 year old man laid every Saturday night, with the occasional BJ during football halftimes, thus creating a situation of dependency, whereby the 25 year old man couldn't function fully.

Divorce law should take all THAT into consideration

If the man has to sign some checks, the woman should have to make some pu**y payments.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 159
Posted: 5/23/2011 12:13:00 PM

What do you expect, exactly? A cookie-cutter solution for absolutely every possible scenario? As long as there are men and women who are too stupid to be reasonable and fair upon the dissolution of a relationship and courts have to step in, someone is not going to be happy. I think there needs to be some changes made in the system as it stands, but I doubt it will ever satisfy everyone, every time.

I expect each adult to be responsible for themselves.....Not expect their former lover to foot the bill that belongs to them!

Gender is not a consideration.

In the meantime, she and their two kids currently live on about $17,000 p/year, excluding his sporadic support payments. She does not have a vehicle.

So it is his fault she doesn't make more than that?And he should have to give up his money to subsidize the life she wants?

If she can't afford to raise the children maybe she should put the children's interest first and let the parent that can.......... to do so.

So what are your thoughts of the mothers that never paid a dime of support to me for their own kids?

The kids didn't do w/o I made sure of that.

People should be responsible for their own actions including the children they decide to bring into the world.

If the man has to sign some checks, the woman should have to make some pu**y payments.

Hummm if that was the case they would just forfeit the payments as prostitution is illegal in over 90% of the US!
Oh that is unless your having to pay for what you received while married!
 4ms4me
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2011 12:23:15 PM

I expect each adult to be responsible for themselves

And their children. Two parents, two sources of support. Given that the custodial parent contributes 100% of their income to the kids support, as well as their own, why do you have such a problem with the non-custodial parent contributing ...

So it is his fault she doesn't make more than that?And he should have to give up his money to subsidize the life she wants?

Yes, in this case it IS his fault. Her efforts to find a job/go to school while she was with him was discouraged. He's a VERY controlling individual and did not like to see her make any moves toward independence. He was 34, she 19 when they met; it took her a very long time to even realize that his "control" wasn't actually love.

If she can't afford to raise the children maybe she should put the children's interest first and let the parent that can.......... to do so.

He doesn't want to have the children to raise. He'd take her back, with the kids, but as before, he'd make sure she didn't have a chance to leave the house without them. He wouldn't even watch them while she went to the grocery store while they were together. She always had to take at least one of the kids with her.

So what are your thoughts of the mothers that never paid a dime of support to me for their own kids?

They ought to pay. Why aren't they?

People should be responsible for their own actions including the children they decide to bring into the world.

Exactly.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 161
Posted: 5/23/2011 12:41:23 PM

And their children. Two parents, two sources of support. Given that the custodial parent contributes 100% of their income to the kids support, as well as their own, why do you have such a problem with the non-custodial parent contributing ...

No way does she spend 100% of her income on providing just for her and the kids.

As I said I save thousands each year and DIDN"T receive a dime from the MOTHERS!

Yes, in this case it IS his fault. Her efforts to find a job/go to school while she was with him was discouraged. He's a VERY controlling individual and did not like to see her make any moves toward independence. He was 34, she 19 when they met; it took her a very long time to even realize that his "control" wasn't actually love.

So she was so stupid she couldn't think for herself and he is the reason?

Nope I don't buy it. She didn't have to "love" him to start with....She chose to.....She chose to allow him to dominate her......Or did God remove her free will?

Don't excuse stupidity because of gender it just demeans your gender.

He doesn't want to have the children to raise. He'd take her back, with the kids, but as before, he'd make sure she didn't have a chance to leave the house without them. He wouldn't even watch them while she went to the grocery store while they were together. She always had to take at least one of the kids with her.

Yes and the Gestapo needs to see her papers also! She is soooooo oppressed.......no help for her anywhere.

The only power anyone has over anyone else is the power they allow!

They ought to pay. Why aren't they?

Dang good question as the law says they should have yet a judge decided they didn't have to.........Have you ever heard of a man getting off of c/s payments legally?......Didn't think so!

Exactly.

Then why should the c/s payments subsidize the woman.
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 162
Posted: 5/23/2011 3:11:37 PM
Holy Mother and Father in the Heavens and any other Immaculate Conceptions that may or may have not occured.................here come the guys whining their faces off again. NO cheese with your whine today, guys.

It is the same concept when for example a 25 year old man marries an 18 year old woman who has never lived away from home. The woman's parents insist their daughter should continue her education into post-secondary studies, but the couple wishes to marry right away. The 25 year old man has some seniority in the workforce, but she has none and she starts working for WalMart at minimum wage after they marry. The 25 year old man has created a situation of dependency, whereby the 18 year old woman couldn't support herself fully and she could not survive independently from him. Divorce law takes this all into consideration, especially since the man has assumed responsibility for the woman.

In this particular scenario that I have given, the 25 year old man asked the 18 year old woman to marry him, knowing that she had just finished High School, had never worked at a paying job and therefore she had no livelihood when she married him. The 25 year old man had post-secondary education, a paying job that could support them both for a short time and had lived away from home for 5 years and understood what he was getting into when he asked the 18 year old woman to marry him.........and hopefully they talked about this. He was older and had more experience with the world away from the security of his parents home and knew what it took to get into a decent paying job that could support them both temporarily, until she gained employment at WalMart for minimum wage.

Now, had he actually loved this woman as he said he did in the marriage vows, he might have insisted that she remain living at home until she got her post-secondary education and then they would marry. That is, if he didn't want to assume the responsibility for her being dependant on his income for them to both survive.
Geezus, to think women and children once depended on you guys to be the leaders of our countries...................you guys couldn't lead a group of 10 people to your local "Tim Hortons" if your lives depended on it. What a bunch of freaking loosers!

Hopefully both, the 25 year old man and the 18 year old woman were thinking with the organ/nerve mass between their ears and not the one between their legs. The man is already in a decent paying job, but now the woman will suffer the consequences of her choice if she isn't able to get a decent paying job without post-secondary education.
The question is, will the 25 year old man pay for some post-secondary education? If not, she will have to rely only on what experience she currently has or is going to acquire to get herself into a decent paying job.

Seems reasonable.. But only if the 18 year old woman is willing to acknowledge that she got the 25 year old man laid every Saturday night, with the occasional BJ during football halftimes, thus creating a situation of dependency, whereby the 25 year old man couldn't function fully.

Yah know, the more I learn about men and women..........the more time I would rather spend with my dogs and/or just about anything else. The humans are just pathetic.

Women are not responsible for a guys PENIS/Orgasm, after all men haven't taken any responsibility for her VAGINA/Orgasm OR the dependant children that men have helped to create.

Now, please tell me how a woman creates a situation of dependency, whereby the 25 year old man couldn't function fully in our current society. Is the man going implode/explode or turn into a melted snowman on the floor?
Nobody has ever seen that phenomina occur, but I could be wrong about that.

Look, if sex is soo freaking important to you guys..........pay your money and get a hooker. It's a lot cheaper than entering into the institution of marriage/divorce.

But noooooooooo, you guys are such loosers, thieves and cheap-skates...........that you need to manipulate some woman into giving it to you for FREE. See, there is more of that FREE stuff............women get it for free because you guys give it away for FREE.
LOOSERS and little boys who will never grow up.
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 163
Posted: 5/23/2011 3:59:49 PM

In this particular scenario that I have given, the 25 year old man asked the 18 year old woman to marry him,

Okay just for the record she was 18 and she decided of her own free will to marry said male.

if he didn't want to assume the responsibility for her being dependant on his income for them to both survive.

SOOOOOOOO she had no choice in this at all? She could not have told the big bad man to wait until she had the education she needed?
Oh wait didn't we establish she was an adult and be such is responsible for her choices?

Her mother could not have warned her about how horrendous men are?

So your saying women are so weak minded that they can't make good decisions and have to depend on men to subsidize their incomes.

Hummmmm that is kinda degrading to your gender and the Marjory of the women I know are nothing like that.

The ones I know are very intelligent articulate and can make great decisions.

Now, please tell me how a woman creates a situation of dependency, whereby the 25 year old man couldn't function fully in our current society.

So women can't manipulate men yet men can manipulate women?

Strange I have seen women do it.....as a matter of fact the majority of sitcoms are about how women do henpeck men. (clue) the reason it is funny is there is a good bit of truth to it. Other wise they wouldn't be sitcoms!

The recent shows like the real housewives of........fill in the blank. Are great examples of how women manipulate their SO demanding and pitching a fit when they don't get their way and I promise the threat of the women cutting off the sex is regular plot twist to get their way. That doesn't work with me as I know a secret........There are other women out there that want sex because they like it and don't use it as an extortion weapon.

There are no shows about the whiny spoiled husband.....nope those belong to the women!

There is a show called Bridezilla's about how unbelievably outrageous brides are yet my tivo shows no such program about grooms.

Yet you claim that men are the ones that desire marriage and babies!

Every claim you make is ridiculous the free market and pop culture shows how fallacious your claims are.

You claim that women are the master gender and at the same time claim they MUST be paid by men to survive.

Which is it?

If I was a woman reading your drivel I would be appalled at your words and contempt for the female gender.

As a matter of fact a few here have told you so and you called them a misogynist.

But noooooooooo, you guys are such loosers, thieves and cheap-skates...........that you need to manipulate some woman into giving it to you for FREE. See, there is more of that FREE stuff............women get it for free because you guys give it away for FREE.

LMAO!

Really I promise I have never had to manipulate a woman to get sex!

I have turned down a few because I wasn't in the mood or they didn't flip my switch.......Hummmmm you would think women could make those same choices.

It is fun reading your responses.......I can almost see the steam shooting out of your ears as you are typing.
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 164
Posted: 5/23/2011 4:49:36 PM
I can't help it if your a Looser ^^^^^

and I am not a misogynist or a misandrist, I am a misanthropist:

Misanthropy is generalized dislike, distrust, disgust, contempt or hatred of the human species or human nature. A misanthrope is someone who holds such views or feelings. The word's origin is derived from the Greek Language. Jonathan Swift, author of Gullivers Travels was also thought to be a misanthropist.

and as I stated before...........I am an equal opportunity hater.

So stick that in your "peace pipe" and smoke on it for a while.
 viper1j
Msg: 165
Posted: 5/23/2011 4:52:21 PM
But noooooooooo, you guys are such loosers, thieves and cheap-skates...........that you need to manipulate some woman into giving it to you for FREE.

And the poor little chicky poo just lays there, and suffers through it while thinking about painting the ceiling and NEVER gets anything out of it..

Uh huh SUUURREEE..

Now, please tell me how a woman creates a situation of dependency, whereby the 25 year old man couldn't function fully in our current society. Is the man going implode/explode or turn into a melted snowman on the floor?

Actually, I think the operative phrase is " being maintained, in the manner to which one has become accustomed. " Did no one realize that that is a knife that cuts both ways? For the men to be maintained in the manner to which he has become accustomed, pu**y payments would be in order.
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 166
Posted: 5/23/2011 5:25:47 PM

And the poor little chicky poo just lays there, and suffers through it while thinking about painting the ceiling and NEVER gets anything out of it..

I'm not sure what a "chicky poo" gets out of schtubing a guy she doesn't give a damn about. Maybe an STD if the guy doesn't wear a condom or a child that "guy poo" is gonna refuse to be a father to. Neither one is an attractive option.

In which case, "chicky poo" would be better off thinking about painting the ceiling.

As far as men not getting sex after the divorce........you got it for free in the beginning, so you can just continue your search for more free sex after the divorce or pay a hooker. It had no monetary value in the beginning, so it shall have no monetary value in the end.............and that is how family law works in your particular locality.

Toodles
 Capitano_Blaugh
Msg: 167
Posted: 5/23/2011 5:30:47 PM

It had no monetary value in the beginning, so it shall have no monetary value in the end.............

Vaginas are very expensive when a guy is stupid enough to marry the owner or one. It's expensive getting access, expensive to maintain and really expensive after the divorce when the guy is required to pay vaginamony.....

... which is defined as the amount a guy is required to continue paying for a vagina he no longer has access to while the owner of said vagina is off sharing it with numerous other guys...

cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 168
Posted: 5/23/2011 5:34:23 PM

I can't help it if your a Looser

Humm seeing as I have gotten through two divorces and keeping over 90% of the marital assets.

According to your rant about women making men pay.....I am very much a winner!

Misanthropy is generalized dislike, distrust, disgust, contempt or hatred of the human species or human nature. A misanthrope is someone who holds such views or feelings. The word's origin is derived from the Greek Language. Jonathan Swift, author of Gullivers Travels was also thought to be a misanthropist.

Funny because at least one female identified you as a misandrist.

Seems it has to do with the way you rant about men and how they mistreat women and how women are the master gender yet need the mens money to subsidize their way of life.

Again how can that be?

So stick that in your "peace pipe" and smoke on it for a while.

Quit smoking long ago.....Though I do wonder what your pipe has packed in it? 420 much do you?

It had no monetary value in the beginning, so it shall have no monetary value in the end.

Hummm first you say charge for it now you say it's not worth anything.....Make up your mind! LMAO!

Actually normal people think sex is something two people share because they care for one another. NOT something to be bartered for!
 chameleonf
Msg: 169
Posted: 5/23/2011 5:52:30 PM

...and then there's this:

Serial killers and other sociopaths frequently express misanthropic attitudes. Serial murderer Carl Panzram was remembered for his violent and indiscriminate misanthropy. One of his famous quotes was "I wish all mankind had one neck so I could choke it!".

woobytoodsday
Msg: 170
Posted: 5/23/2011 7:01:04 PM
I have an idear: If you want to get married, find someone else who wants to, too, and do it. If you don't, find someone else who doesn't want to either, and don't do it!

Easy peasy.

Now can we all go home?

cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 171
Posted: 5/23/2011 7:23:31 PM

I have an idear: If you want to get married, find someone else who wants to, too, and do it. If you don't, find someone else who doesn't want to either, and don't do it!

Easy peasy.

Now can we all go home?

But then who is gonna subsidize the incomes? LOL
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 5/23/2011 8:07:56 PM

That is strange because I was always the one up in the middle of the night with mine. Neither one of the mothers would even roll over when they cried. Heck I even done most of the feeding/diaper changes during the waking hours as well!

That doesn't make it strange. While I am happy that you are one of those who admit to having a broken picker, I am sorry to discover that you seem to have no capacity whatever to recognize that decisions are more often than not made by a couple, TWO, not one. Just as likely that a man, or man & woman together decide who it is who will forfeit income to stay home with their children. Of course there are women who are lazy, but are you really unable to admit that there are as many men who not only enjoy their wife staying at home (in part due to the savings of childcare, commuting, etc.) once children become art of the equation as there are women who bear children in order to avoid working? Are you truly unable to admit that doing so impacts earnings? Personally, I welcome the day when the number of stay at home moms & dads are equal, and look forward to reading these forums then. Reality is a far cry from what you present here, no matter how relentlessly you argue your point.
 viper1j
Msg: 173
Posted: 5/23/2011 8:56:43 PM

So the woman can get everything in the divorce???

Not just no but HELL NO! The man gets plenty!

She gets the kids, he gets the C$ payments.
She gets the house, he gets the mortgage.
She gets the car(s), he gets the loan payments.
She gets the mine, he gets the shaft!
He gets the stuff nobody not only doesn't want, but wouldn't wish on their worst enemy.

And some people say "it's a man's world.." (sigh)
 cap_n_mORGAN
Msg: 174
Posted: 5/23/2011 9:29:19 PM

Agree. Between the why men are angry thread and this one....imo...what a bunch of losers. Would not want to get within a mile of these guys. Fortunately, there are many men in the world who are 'normal' and don't hate women, don't hate marriage and committment.

I don't hate women marriage or commitment.

I just don't think a man should have to subsidize a woman he no longer lives with.

the only people on the planet they seem to have any respect for is other men

Shows you haven't read what I have posted....I have said many times the drivel posted about women having to have a man support her is wrong.

The women I know are intelligent articulate and make good choices.

The Idea a women needs a mans money to live is bull butter.

I respect real women those that can take care of themselves w/o taking from a man.
 RazzleRoadRunner
Msg: 175
Posted: 5/23/2011 9:56:50 PM
The number of American men receiving alimony has climbed, from 7,000 in 1998 to 13,000 last year, according to U.S. Census Bureau data

Above are the most recent statistics for the U.S. census bureau which were taken on Sep 30/09. So far I haven't found any statistics for the number of women paying child support to custodial fathers in the U.S.

So why don't we have more POF women whining about paying alimony and child support to their ex-husbands??? Maybe it's because women don't whine as much as men do, when it comes to their wallets? Yes, they still whine.........but definately not as much as men, in my personal experience. Gads, I dislike whiners.....my Bro was the biggest whiner I ever knew. Now, he only whines to his wife and our parents because he knows I won't listen to his gobbledy-gook........I just hand him a tissue and tell him to talk to someone who cares.

For those men who only want a vagina and not the woman attached to it..........maybe we could surgically attach a lab-grown vagina to your face. Kinda like the one in the movie, "ALIEN" with delicate, slender and shapely legs to wrap around your head. MMmmm.....sounds yummy doesn't it.

Buwah-ha-ha-ha

Anyway, I really don't care anymore because I have been married to a fictitious, cartoon character for quite a few years now. Mr. RoadRunner and I are very happy together. He makes strange noises with his really fast tongue and he runs fast for a bird-brain on 2 legs. Anyway, I'm on the road again!!!! Toodles
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What Are The Reasons For Getting Legally Married?